✟920,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I want to add this:

I am reading 1 Corinthians 6, as part of my daily Bible reading plan today and I see this-
“Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other.
Why spend any time arguing about foods or stomachs when both will be destroyed in the end? Why does anyone concern himself about what Somebody Else eats? Can you get between a person and the food he just ate?! Why would you want to???

I don't often see anyone going to someone else and saying "hey no more eating rat sandwiches because the Bible forbids it" -- at least not in America -- they might be doing that in some foreign land though - who knows?

What is more the case here is that anyone who affirms as did Peter in Acts 10 that they honor the health law God had setup in Lev 11 for (as God said) "what is food" -- comes under some form of criticism.

But if one really wants to make the case for the rat sandwich then they should go to Acts 10 through 15 where Peter RETELLs the experience 3 times - to see if Peter ever concludes with "so the lesson is that though up until that vision I was not eating rat sandwiches I am here to say that from now on -- I do".

Yet not once does he do that.

In fact in Gal 2 (long after the Acts 10 event ) we find this

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

================================

No reference to Peter eating rat sandwiches but rather Peter is going to the extreme in Gal 2 of customs that are not even in the Bible at all - in pleasing the Jews.

This is a no-rat-sandwich-still Peter in Gal 2.

So not only when Peter re-tells the story 3 times from Acts 10 to Acts 15 does he not ever argue that "the point" was to eat rat sandwiches - but he also continues to bend over backwards to stay in harmony with the Jews such that in Gal 2 he even adopts non-biblical customs and traditions of the Jews as conciliation towards them -- something we would not condone nor did Paul condone it.

as for 1Cor 6 Paul is not accusing the Christian church in Corinth "of every sin" just of some.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1 Cor 3
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Is 66
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.
17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

Your question is why would God be concerned with eating mice at all? why not just let it all go as nothing much to be concerned about?

But look at it another way - lets say that Is 66, Acts10-15 etc are all true along with Is 66:15-17 and once people become Christian and then also begin to study this subject to find out what God said about it - what if giving them this information is more "loving" than hiding it from them?

Is 66 is the chapter on the "New Heavens and the New Earth" that John quotes in Rev 21:1-4. It is also the chapter on the 2nd coming and the lake of fire - where God judges all the wicked on earth.

IF it is to be ignored - then we would expect that the post-cross ideal place to address it - is in Acts 10 where God is telling Peter to rise kill and eat the mice, snakes etc. If ever there was the ideal place to make this point - that is it!!.

And yet Peter retells this 3 times from Acts 10-15 as only focused on the serious subject of evangelism of Gentiles. Not once does Peter argue that it is license to eat rats.

And even WORSE - in Acts 15 the rules applied to Gentiles include food laws "meat that has been strangled, meat with blood in it" -- which again is supposed to be a "food subject nobody should care about" under a different POV.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't often see anyone going to someone else and saying "hey no more eating rat sandwiches because the Bible forbids it" -- at least not in America -- they might be doing that in some foreign land though - who knows?

What is more the case here is that anyone who affirms as did Peter in Acts 10 that they honor the health law God had setup in Lev 11 for (as God said) "what is food" -- comes under some form of criticism.

But if one really wants to make the case for the rat sandwich then they should go to Acts 10 through 15 where Peter RETELLs the experience 3 times - to see if Peter ever concludes with "so the lesson is that though up until that vision I was not eating rat sandwiches I am here to say that from now on -- I do".

Yet not once does he do that.

In fact in Gal 2 (long after the Acts 10 event ) we find this

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

================================

No reference to Peter eating rat sandwiches but rather Peter is going to the extreme in Gal 2 of customs that are not even in the Bible at all - in pleasing the Jews.

This is a no-rat-sandwich-still Peter in Gal 2.

So not only when Peter re-tells the story 3 times from Acts 10 to Acts 15 does he not ever argue that "the point" was to eat rat sandwiches - but he also continues to bend over backwards to stay in harmony with the Jews such that in Gal 2 he even adopts non-biblical customs and traditions of the Jews as conciliation towards them -- something we would not condone nor did Paul condone it.

as for 1Cor 6 Paul is not accusing the Christian church in Corinth "of every sin" just of some.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1 Cor 3
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Is 66
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.
17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

Your question is why would God be concerned with eating mice at all? why not just let it all go as nothing much to be concerned about?

But look at it another way - lets say that Is 66, Acts10-15 etc are all true along with Is 66:15-17 and once people become Christian and then also begin to study this subject to find out what God said about it - what if giving them this information is more "loving" than hiding it from them?

Is 66 is the chapter on the "New Heavens and the New Earth" that John quotes in Rev 21:1-4. It is also the chapter on the 2nd coming and the lake of fire - where God judges all the wicked on earth.

IF it is to be ignored - then we would expect that the post-cross ideal place to address it - is in Acts 10 where God is telling Peter to rise kill and eat the mice, snakes etc. If ever there was the ideal place to make this point - that is it!!.

And yet Peter retells this 3 times from Acts 10-15 as only focused on the serious subject of evangelism of Gentiles. Not once does Peter argue that it is license to eat rats.

And even WORSE - in Acts 15 the rules applied to Gentiles include food laws "meat that has been strangled, meat with blood in it" -- which again is supposed to be a "food subject nobody should care about" under a different POV.

in Christ,

Bob

If I was starving, and the only food God provided that day was a rat, I would grill it, eat it and be thankful. Give us this day our daily bread...rat...whatever. Get up Timothy, kill and eat! Yes Sir God!

As someone else has said, God gave us everything that moves as food.
Genesis 9:3 ESV
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Do pigs move? Yes. So is it food? Yes. Rats and Mice? Yes. Dogs and Cats? Yes, they are edible and can serve as food.

Aside from ALL of THAT, the food restrictions were given to a specific set of people, the Jews, one of which I am not. So why is anyone griping about my home cooked rat sandwich? (Are rats even on your restricted list? IDK)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have read the scriptures. The part you put in brackets is part of it.
ὅτι οὐκ εἰσπορεύεται αὐτοῦ εἰς τὴν καρδίαν ἀλλ’ εἰς τὴν κοιλίαν καὶ εἰς τὸν ἀφεδρῶνα ἐκπορεύεται καθαρίζων πάντα τὰ βρώματα
(Mark 7:19 in every Greek Text that I have access to, bold font added for clarity)

since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” Thus he declared all foods clean.
(Mark 7:19 ESV, bold font added for clarity)

That was a nice try though, good job! :thumbsup:
If you don't want to eat pork then don't eat it, and God bless you for your spiritual decision.
Jesus declared that all foods are clean and I will eat any food and be thankful to God for providing it.
:)
Perhaps it's a translation problem. If you look at the greek text, the food that is eaten, especially if is unclean/non-kosher foods, is cleaned by the stomach then excreted out. IMHO....

http://www.christianforums.com/t7538322/
Romans 14:14,15 Did Paul declare all foods clean?

Young) Mark 7:19
because it doth not enter into his heart, but into the belly,
and into the drain it doth go out, purifying all the meats/foods.'

Greek New Testament - Parallel Greek New Testament by John Hurt

Byz./Maj.) Mark 7:19
oti ouk eisporeuetai autou eiV thn kardian all eiV thn koilian
kai eiV ton afedrwna ekporeuetai kaqarizon panta ta brwmata

Textus Rec.) Mark 7:19
kai eiV ton afedrwna ekporeuetai kaqarizon panta ta brwmata

W-H ) Mark 7:19
kai eiV ton afedrwna ekporeuetai kaqarizwn panta ta brwmata

Mark 7:19 oti <3754> ouk <3756> {BECAUSE} eisporeuetai <1531> (5736) {IT ENTERS NOT} autou <846> {OF HIM} eiV <1519> {INTO} thn <3588> {THE} kardian <2588> {HEART,} all <235> {BUT} eiV <1519> {INTO} thn <3588> {THE} koilian <2836> {BELLY,} kai <2532> {AND} eiV <1519> {INTO} ton <3588> {THE} afedrwna <856> {DRAUGHT} ekporeuetai <1607> (5736) {GOES OUT,} kaqarizon <2511> (5723) {PURIFYING} panta <3956> {ALL} ta <3588> {TH E} brwmata <1033> {FOOD.}

2511. katharizo kath-ar-id'-zo from 2513; to cleanse (literally or figuratively):--(make) clean(-se), purge, purify.
2513. katharos kath-ar-os' of uncertain affinity; clean (literally or figuratively):--clean, clear, pure.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7457416-101/#post54477255
Joel Osteen claims the OT dietary laws are still binding in the NT.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟920,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Acts 15:22-29 (the decree from the Jerusalem Council)

22 Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas,[e] and Silas, leading men among the brethren.

23 They wrote this letter by them:

The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,

To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:

Greetings.

24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”[f] —to whom we gave no such commandment— 25 it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: 29 that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.[g] If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

Farewell.​

So then if we look at Acts 15 -- what "else is not listed there" that is still binding in the NT?

BobRyan said:
No command there to "love God with all your heart".

No command there to "Love your neighbor as yourself".

No command there to "honor your parents"

No command there "to not lie, kill, steal, covet"

No command there "Not to take God's name in vain"

But Acts 15 does say that all the Christians would be hearing "Moses preached in the Synagogues every Sabbath" just as the gentiles were doing in Acts 13 even BEFORE converting to Christianity.

Which is how they would get all that other Bible teaching.

For all that your words are in English, they are put together in such a way as to not address the topic or make sense. This thread is about whether or not people should eat certain things. I posted a very clear part of scripture that is directly relevant to the topic.

You appeal to Acts 15 was as if to limit the obligation of gentiles to follow what the NT saints called "scripture".

I simply point to the fact that a great many things are not listed in the Acts 15 chapter and that alone does not determine that gentile Christians can ignore that part of scripture.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟920,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God created the pig and its nature.

God created all living things.

God is the "manufacturer" and God provided the manufacturer's owner manual on what works and what does not.

In the case below God speaks about avoiding even clean animals under certain conditions -

Lev 11
37 And if any part of their carcase fall upon any sowing seed which is to be sown, it shall be clean.
38 But if any water be put upon the seed, and any part of their carcase fall thereon, it shall be unclean unto you.
39 And if any beast, of which ye may eat, die; he that toucheth the carcase thereof shall be unclean until the even.
40 And he that eateth of the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: he also that beareth the carcase of it shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even.
41 And every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth shall be an abomination; it shall not be eaten.
42 Whatsoever goeth upon the belly, and whatsoever goeth upon all four, or whatsoever hath more feet among all creeping things that creep upon the earth, them ye shall not eat; for they are an abomination.
43 Ye shall not make yourselves abominable with any creeping thing that creepeth, neither shall ye make yourselves unclean with them, that ye should be defiled thereby.
44 For I am the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
45 For I am the Lord that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:
47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

NASB
39 ‘Also if one of the animals dies which you have for food, the one who touches its carcass becomes unclean until evening. 40 He too, who eats some of its carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening, and the one who picks up its carcass shall wash his clothes and be unclean until evening.
41 ‘Now every swarming thing that swarms on the earth is detestable, not to be eaten. 42 Whatever crawls on its belly, and whatever walks on all fours, whatever has many feet, in respect to every swarming thing that swarms on the earth, you shall not eat them, for they are detestable. 43 Do not render yourselves detestable through any of the swarming things that swarm; and you shall not make yourselves unclean with them so that you become unclean. 44 For I am the Lord your God. Consecrate yourselves therefore, and be holy, for I am holy. And you shall not make yourselves unclean with any of the swarming things that swarm on the earth. 45 For I am the Lord who brought you up from the land of Egypt to be your God; thus you shall be holy, for I am holy.’”
46 This is the law regarding the animal and the bird, and every living thing that moves in the waters and everything that swarms on the earth, 47 to make a distinction between the unclean and the clean, and between the edible creature and the creature which is not to be eaten.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟920,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If I was starving, and the only food God provided that day was a rat, I would grill it, eat it and be thankful. Give us this day our daily bread...rat...whatever. Get up Timothy, kill and eat! Yes Sir God!

During the time of the black plague many people thought that same way - and ate the rats and died of it. But they did not die of starvation as you point out.

The Black Death was one of the most devastating pandemics in human history, resulting in the deaths of an estimated 75 to 200 million people and peaking in Europe in the years 1346–53
The plague disease, caused by Yersinia pestis, is enzootic (commonly present) in populations of fleas carried by ground rodents
Black Death”—a bacteria carried by flea-ridden rats

by contrast - Exodus 15:26
He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you.

So how did the Jews fare?

In Gen 9 God gives animals "for food" as he gave the plant for food - and as we all know we cannot eat just any ol' plant - some are poisonous.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by visionary this question came out of another thread, and they used Jesus, but since Jesus would not do anything but that which His Father would do, I asked it this way.
Good question. Why did God create the Pig and other non-kosher animals?

http://www.christianforums.com/t7442171-55/#post54538852
Originally Posted by pgp_protector
People raise all sorts of critters as food, some raise the same critters as pets.
Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Dogs, Chickens, Pigs, Ect.
I don't go for eating critters raised as pets, but for food, no prob.
Go to Korea & you'll find butcher shops (At least I did when I was stationed their 20 years ago) that have meat hung in the window just like you used to see in small time markets, but it wasn't pig or chickens.

We think nothing of eating cattle, but in some countries, even the thought of killing one let alone eating it is extremely offensive.
Good point

God created the pig and its nature.
That would make for an intersting thread :thumbsup:

......."Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. And all the devils besought him, saying, "Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. …"
And the unclean spirits went out and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;)
and were choked in the sea. And they that fed the swine fled…" (Mark 5:11-14).....

One final thought. It might be argued that theoretically the pigs belonged to a non-religious Jew of the time, or a Sadducee who didn't obey the Rabbis' decrees (a gezairah means a Rabbinic Ordinance, or Injunction, or Decree, that sort of thing). Then Christians can argue that Jesus did it because the owner was violating a Rabbinic Decree.

The answer to that argument is what gave Jesus the authority to be judge, jury and executioner?
14985.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
During the time of the black plague many people thought that same way - and ate the rats and died of it. But they did not die of starvation as you point out.

As I understand it, the rats were not the problem in the time of the plague, the fleas on the rats were the problem.

Do you know if rats are on the restricted list? I've never heard that they are. Are there any kosher rats, are rats kosher? (This is certainly an odd discussion!)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As I understand it, the rats were not the problem in the time of the plague, the fleas on the rats were the problem.

Do you know if rats are on the restricted list? I've never heard that they are. Are there any kosher rats, are rats kosher?
(This is certainly an odd discussion!)
Aren't Special Forces troops taught to eat anything off the land to survive? [Rambo comes to mind]

Troutman: "God didn't make Rambo, I did".

To live off the land to eat things that would make a billy goat puke | Sound clips from Rambo 1 - First Blood (1982) | Action Movie Sound Clips

Sylvester ate a rat burger in this great movie :)
[tho i wouldn't want to eat it rare, like I do my beef]

Demolition man 1993:rat burger scene - YouTube

View Poll Results: Would God eat a Ham sandwich?

Yes
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
58 46.03%

No
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
43 34.13%

I don't know
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
clear.gif
22 17.46%

God will not sit down to eat with us at the wedding feast
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
clear.gif
3 2.38%

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aren't Special Forces troops taught to eat anything off the land to survive? [Rambo comes to mind]

"Your other choice? Come down here. Maybe starve to death."
Una rata, por favor. E Cervesa, mas cervesa.

In training we ran everywhere. At meals we were hungry, we had almost 30 seconds to eat. Nobody complained about the food. I don't think it was rata, but I didn't have enough time to identify the meat.
(But after training, the regular food in the Navy was great!)

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I thought this was funny but makes a good point. From Fireinfolding:

Ever hear about this letter from a listener of this Dr Laura who pushes the Levitical law... He writes...

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:
When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted fan,
Jim

^_^ I thought that was cute, I sorta post this when these things come up now and again because you cant take one part and leave the other parts out.

Reactions: Timothew
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,564.44
Faith
Messianic
Dear Lord, I humbly come before you to ask for forgiveness. It is the time of the Feast of Trumpets and soon the Day of Atonement is upon us. As Yeshua said, they know not. I know that you have the Book of Life before you right now and all of our lives are up for review, I am praying that you grant more time before the whirlwind comes upon us. Time is short and the world is rapidly stomping out every light. Pretty soon, the seekers can search the world over, and very little evidence of you will be left. May you grant all those who put their finger on Rev 3:20 and ask for it, that you will come for a one on one meeting and sup with them in a Moses' real experienced way, so that they can understand what wisdom Moses brought down from Mount Sinai for His People. We are Your People. We are wandering the Wilderness of Sin and are looking for the Promised Land. So much to learn and so little time to learn it. Help us. I ask all this in Yeshua's name. Amein.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,564.44
Faith
Messianic
1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.

2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.

3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.

4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.

5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.

6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.

7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal&#8217;s flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms.

Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.

9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat.
A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.

10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine&#8217;s one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.

11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcase (Leviticus 11:8).

12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.

13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.

Upvote 0

CryOfALion

Sep 10, 2014
✟1,894.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
this question came out of another thread, and they used Jesus, but since Jesus would not do anything but that which His Father would do, I asked it this way.

No.

Jesus wouldn't either.

And, Peter claimed to not eat anything unclean in Acts.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,564.44
Faith
Messianic
Pork is one of the most consumed meats in the world. China is the largest producer of pigs that were first domesticated way back around 7500 B.C.

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that more than 100 viruses come to the United States each year from China through pigs. There are some obvious concerns about this. Aside from not needing more viruses to fight off, some of these viruses can prove to be downright dangerous to humans.

Of course, you&#8217;re probably familiar with H1N1, better known as &#8216;the swine flu.&#8221; This too is a virus that has made the leap from pig to human.

But H1N1 is not the only disease to fear from the pig. There are other sicknesses you can get from eating the meat of the pig.

Pork meat is loaded with toxins, more so than most other meats like beef and chicken.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,564.44
Faith
Messianic
Did you know that pigs carry a variety of parasites in their bodies and meat? Some of these parasites are difficult to kill even when cooking. This is the reason there are so many warnings out there about eating undercooked pork.

One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinellosis or trichinosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm.

This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body who consumes this infected meat flesh.

And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinellosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid.

Common Symptoms of Trichinellosis:

Nausea
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Headache
Fever
Chills
Cough
Swollen eyes
Muscle pain
Aching joints
Coordination problems
Heart issues
Breathing problems
These symptoms of trichinellosis can really put you out of the game for quite a while. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) these symptoms can last for weeks and in more serious cases months on end.

The CDC recommends thorough cooking of pork as well as freezing the pork meat prior to cooking to kill off any worms. I don&#8217;t know about you, but I don&#8217;t feel good about eating anything that I first have to kill off its worms to eat.

In fact, it&#8217;s been theorized that trichinellosis is the exact cause of Mozart&#8217;s rather sudden death at age 35. An American researcher theorized this after studying all the documents recording the days before, during, and after Mozart&#8217;s death. He found that Mozart suffered many of the above listed symptoms and he, himself, had recorded in his journal the consumption of pork just forty-four days before his own death.

(If you want to read more on this intriguing story you can find it in the Archives of Internal Medicine&#8217;s June 2001 issue.)

But that&#8217;s not all&#8230;.

Pigs carry many viruses and parasites with them. Whether by coming in direct contact with them through farms or by eating their meat we put ourselves at higher risk of getting one of these painful, often debilitating diseases (not to mention put our bodies on toxic overload.)

Pigs are primary carriers of:

Taenia solium tapeworm
Hepatitis E virus (HEV)
PRRS (Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome)
Nipah virus
Menangle virus
Each of these parasites and viruses can lead to serious health problems that can last for years to come.

What you choose to eat is up to you. Myself, I choose to stay away from unclean pork (and shellfish.) The reasons discussed here are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to eating pigs and your health.

Do your own research, carefully consider what the Bible so many years ago warned us about, then make your own educated decision about what you choose to feed yourself and your loved ones.

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimates/April_March_13.htm

http://www.sciencedirect.com/

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5809a1.htm

watch

Upvote 0

CryOfALion

Sep 10, 2014
✟1,894.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Do you know if rats are on the restricted list? I've never heard that they are. Are there any kosher rats, are rats kosher? (This is certainly an odd discussion!)

Rats aren't kosher because they have paws. They don't have cloven hooves. And, they chew more than "cud" (like humans, other rats, etc.)

Upvote 0