Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this question came out of another thread, and they used Jesus, but since Jesus would not do anything but that which His Father would do, I asked it this way.

How many pigs does it take to make a sandwich for a guy who considers the earth his footstool ...

It is not what goes in but what comes out that makes a man unclean, so what would come out of God that would make him unclean ...

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I notice when people who pride themselves on their knowledge of ecclesiastical politics in turn pride themselves on their ignorance in other matters.
Thank you for your informative post, sister.

Did you know that pigs carry a variety of parasites in their bodies and meat? Some of these parasites are difficult to kill even when cooking. This is the reason there are so many warnings out there about eating undercooked pork.

One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinellosis or trichinosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm.

This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body who consumes this infected meat flesh.

And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinellosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid.

Common Symptoms of Trichinellosis:

Nausea
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Headache
Fever
Chills
Cough
Swollen eyes
Muscle pain
Aching joints
Coordination problems
Heart issues
Breathing problems
These symptoms of trichinellosis can really put you out of the game for quite a while. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) these symptoms can last for weeks and in more serious cases months on end.

The CDC recommends thorough cooking of pork as well as freezing the pork meat prior to cooking to kill off any worms. I don’t know about you, but I don’t feel good about eating anything that I first have to kill off its worms to eat.

In fact, it’s been theorized that trichinellosis is the exact cause of Mozart’s rather sudden death at age 35. An American researcher theorized this after studying all the documents recording the days before, during, and after Mozart’s death. He found that Mozart suffered many of the above listed symptoms and he, himself, had recorded in his journal the consumption of pork just forty-four days before his own death.

(If you want to read more on this intriguing story you can find it in the Archives of Internal Medicine’s June 2001 issue.)

But that’s not all….

Pigs carry many viruses and parasites with them. Whether by coming in direct contact with them through farms or by eating their meat we put ourselves at higher risk of getting one of these painful, often debilitating diseases (not to mention put our bodies on toxic overload.)

Pigs are primary carriers of:

Taenia solium tapeworm
Hepatitis E virus (HEV)
PRRS (Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome)
Nipah virus
Menangle virus
Each of these parasites and viruses can lead to serious health problems that can last for years to come.

What you choose to eat is up to you. Myself, I choose to stay away from unclean pork (and shellfish.) The reasons discussed here are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to eating pigs and your health.

Do your own research, carefully consider what the Bible so many years ago warned us about, then make your own educated decision about what you choose to feed yourself and your loved ones.

CDC Novel H1N1 Flu |CDC Estimates of 2009 H1N1 Influenza Cases, Hospitalizations and Deaths in the United States, April 2009 ? January 16, 2010

ScienceDirect.com | Search through over 11 million science, health, medical journal full text articles and books.

Trichinellosis Surveillance --- United States, 2002--2007

watch

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many pigs does it take to make a sandwich for a guy who considers the earth his footstool ...

It is not what goes in but what comes out that makes a man unclean, so what would come out of God that would make him unclean ...

Spiritualy unclean is one thing. Physically riddled with toxins and diseases is another.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spiritualy unclean is one thing. Physically riddled with toxins and diseases is another.

Who made pigs ...

The air we all breath, the water we all drink, and the food we all eat in some form or another has man made toxins in them.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dear Lord, I humbly come before you to ask for forgiveness. It is the time of the Feast of Trumpets and soon the Day of Atonement is upon us..................
so that they can understand what wisdom Moses brought down from Mount Sinai for His People. We are Your People. We are wandering the Wilderness of Sin and are looking for the Promised Land. So much to learn and so little time to learn it. Help us. I ask all this in Yeshua's name. Amein.
I have a view that the mountain in Revelation 8 is symbolizing the OC Mosaic Law of Moses.
Hebrews 12 and Reve 8 go together like "white on pork", IMHO.

[Wasn't Jerusalem built on a mountain?]

Hebrew 12:
18 For not ye have come toward to being handled a mountain
having been kindled to fire and to murkiness and to darkness and to tempest.
19 and of a trumpet blaring and to sound of declarations,
of which the ones hearing refused no to be added to them a Word.

Reve 8:8
And the second Messenger trumpets and as-like a mountain, great to fire burning, was cast into the Sea
and became the third of the Sea blood
[Matthew 21:21/Galatian 4:24, 25/Hebrew 12:18]

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

Jerusalem was built on two mountains.
Three celebrated walls surrounded the city on every side, except that which was deemed inaccessible, and there it was defended by one wall only.
The most ancient of these walls was remarkable for its great strength, and was, moreover, erected on a hanging rock, and fortified by sixty towers. on the middle wall there were fourteen towers only ;

.......The Romans having become masters of the lower city, set it on fire. The Jews now fled to the higher, from whence, their pride and insolence yet unabated, they continued to exasperate their enemies and even appeared to view the burning of the town below them with tokens of pleasure.
In a short time, however, the walls of the higher city were demolished by the Roman engines and the Jews, lately so-haughty and presumptuous now, trembling and panic-struck, fell on their faces, and deplored their own infatuation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why did God spare pigs in the flood if they were unclean?

Why did he make them in the first place ... this should make us begin to rethink what sin is to God; it is similar to Pilate's question of what is truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who made pigs ...

The air we all breath, the water we all drink, and the food we all eat in some form or another has man made toxins in them.
All the more reason to be alert and proactive.:thumbsup:
Reverse osmosis water is best.
Detox from chemtrails, eat organic, hormone and antibiotic free.
No GMOs.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why did God spare pigs in the flood if they were unclean?
Could it be similar to why He let one of the wives of Noah's sons survive even though she had impure blood?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Could it be similar to why He let one of the wives of Noah's sons survive even though she had impure blood?

Perhaps the reasons for the restrictions with "unclean" things had a different purpose than what we think. I am not sure what that is exactly.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the reasons for the restrictions with "unclean" things had a different purpose than what we think. I am not sure what that is exactly.

This you speak of is the common thread throughout the entire Bible as concerning the soul of all mankind.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the more reason to be alert and proactive.:thumbsup:
Reverse osmosis water is best.
Detox from chemtrails, eat organic, hormone and antibiotic free.
No GMOs.

My footprint is small, but neither am I trying to remain as something I give thought to, and with the same breath I am no man's judge even though I judge all things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This you speak of is the common thread throughout the entire Bible as concerning the soul of all mankind.

I am starting to think Christians have a hard time discerning wisdom of the bible. We have a hard time figuring out what was written for then and what it written for now. If it was written for then, then what does it mean for the now? I don't think we ask ourselves this enough and just become a bit lazy and just try to apply it to the now instead of understanding of why it was for the then, so we can apply it for the now.

The more I read the more complex the bible truly becomes. it is multilayered in scope, concept, and teaching. Our short lifespans unwittingly forces us to jump to conclusions to apply what is written for us in the now, and we sometimes disregard what it is saying to apply it to cultural norms or social biases that exist in ourselves and our lives, but does not exist in the bible.

The fact we have a thread wondering if God would eat a ham sandwich is a testament to that.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am starting to think Christians have a hard time discerning wisdom of the bible. We have a hard time figuring out what was written for then and what it written for now. If it was written for then, then what does it mean for the now? I don't think we ask ourselves this enough and just become a bit lazy and just try to apply it to the now instead of understanding of why it was for the then, so we can apply it for the now.

The more I read the more complex the bible truly becomes. it is multilayered in scope, concept, and teaching. Our short lifespans unwittingly forces us to jump to conclusions to apply what is written for us in the now, and we sometimes disregard what it is saying to apply it to cultural norms or social biases that exist in ourselves and our lives, but does not exist in the bible.

The fact we have a thread wondering if God would eat a ham sandwich is a testament to that.

We most certainly have barley even begun to understand; the only thing that is needful though is a cross which equates to the losing of our soul, and along with this the image of who we believe we are/were.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As I understand it, the rats were not the problem in the time of the plague, the fleas on the rats were the problem.

Do you know if rats are on the restricted list? I've never heard that they are. Are there any kosher rats, are rats kosher? (This is certainly an odd discussion!)

Lev 11 says that land animals must have a divided hoof and chew the cud.

So then rats, cats, dogs, bats, humans... all out of the list.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lord, I humbly come before you to ask for forgiveness. It is the time of the Feast of Trumpets and soon the Day of Atonement is upon us. .

Today is the Day of Atonement - the day symbolic for God judging all the Earth.

It is also the REAL antitypical day of Atonement - so -- God is in fact judging all the Earth. #1

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0