Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Who are you offended for? What offense, exactly, did they commit against you?
If one can understand the sacrifice made by Christ on the cross then one would not need an explanation as to why such a vile and blasphemous thing is offensive.

Why do you think they made a "sexual aid" in the shape of the crucifix? To offend. It worked.

Let me ask you something- Why am I not given the same liberal freedoms as you afford these people? Why can they do the things they do and it is okay- but every word I post on this forum gets reported by you as some terrible offense to your senses?
Why is it that I cannot take offense to their actions- but you can take offense to my words? How is my behavior less Christian because I am enraged that someone would make / distribute [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] shaped like the image of MY GOD - but apparently you are a better example of a Christian because you would defend such filth...?

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
You don't have to be Christian to be offended that such indecent acts can take place on a street in the United States of America...

It is hard to fathom how someone can claim to be Christian and NOT be offended by such things, however...
Oh, I'm offended by it. It's distasteful.

I don't see how it's supposed to rile up any Christians into a fit of rage however.

Upvote 0

clarksided

Veteran
Sep 13, 2007
New Orleans
✟17,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe Christ existed much less made a sacrifice on the cross. Why would that even be relevant to me?

I find nothing wrong with a public orgy or two as long as it doesn't get out of hand and turn into a riot. And that's what the police are for(not to arrest every person there for the most minor crimes possible).

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't believe Christ existed much less made a sacrifice on the cross. Why would that even be relevant to me?

I find nothing wrong with a public orgy or two as long as it doesn't get out of hand and turn into a riot. And that's what the police are for(not to arrest every person there for the most minor crimes possible).
Actually that is called public lewdness - you get arrested for that. Look up pictures of that "orgy"... why on earth someone would expose children to such things (seems a crime itself) but you can see children ARE present.

Some of us still believe society should maintain a certain level of civility.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
If one can understand the sacrifice made by Christ on the cross then one would not need an explanation as to why such a vile and blasphemous thing is offensive.
You didn't answer the question.
Why do you think they made a "sexual aid" in the shape of the crucifix? To offend. It worked.
You still didn't answer the question.
Let me ask you something- Why am I not given the same liberal freedoms as you afford these people?
You are.
Why can they do the things they do and it is okay- but every word I post on this forum gets reported by you as some terrible offense to your senses?
Because the things you say are actually against the rules. And the people you attack don't deserve it.
Why is it that I cannot take offense to their actions- but you can take offense to my words?
Because they have committed no offense against you.
How is my behavior less Christian because I am enraged that someone would make / distribute [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] shaped like the image of MY GOD
Because you don't have anything to be enraged over. If your life is so wonderful that you can spend your time being enraged at something that has nothing to do with you happening in San Francisco, you need to be spending that time thanking God for your fortune rather than spewing vitriol.
- but apparently you are a better example of a Christian because you would defend such filth...?
I didn't say that I was a better Christian than you, nor that you were any less a Christian.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.