'Worst anti-christian ad ever'

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ondaball

'Last Supper' Gay Ad Called Worst Anti-Christian Bigotry

Randy Hall

Staff Writer/Editor

(CNSNews.com) - An advertisement portraying Christ and his disciples as half-naked sado-masochists to promote a homosexual event this weekend in San Francisco continued to draw fire from Christian organizations...

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/11555188/

Such increasing 'spirit of antichrist' forecast for this climax generation of all history in both 2 Thessalonians 2 & 2 Tim 3 www.BibleGateway.org

See also Romans 1:18-32

Ian

O

ondaball

Timely news to help some skeptics realise what's going on:-

The Suffering Of 'Secret Believers'

Rebecca Hagelin

The Heritage Foundation

For many people around the world, religious freedom is an alien concept. No “First Amendment” protects them. No tradition of religious liberty permits them to worship according to their own consciences. If they go to a church that isn’t the “accepted” church, they risk ostracism, assault, torture, jail … even death.

The fact is, Christians are persecuted around the world on a daily basis -- it’s just that their stories are largely unknown.

But we must know their stories so that we can pray for them and support efforts to help.

Compass Direct is a Christian news service that maintains a network of international sources and reports on horrors you can’t imagine. The brave journalists at Compass do their best to uncover the truth so that some action can be taken against the tormentors.

I’ve met with several of their reporters from around the world who risk their own safety and lives to shine the light on the ugly truth of religious persecution. They are trained journalists who write under aliases in order to keep from being arrested, or worse. Their reports are read by those in the highest levels on Capitol Hill, in the State Department and other government offices.

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/commentary/11555373/

Ian

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Huh. This is "the worst anti-Christian ad ever." In other words, running an ad promoting a fair in Sa n Francisco that is something scandalously over-the-top as a parody of a famous painting on a Christian theme, is far worse than the misrepresentation of Christians as blood-drinking cannibal atheists that was circulated in the first three centuries by the powers that were among the pagan establishment.

Don't get me wrong, the ad does disgust me. S&M behavior is completely contrary to the principles of Christian love. Redoing Leonardo's painting as an S&M parody is basically tacky.

But this sort of indignant self-righteous claim of persecution where merely offensive behavior exists is not helping the Christian cause. Rather, it's making us look like vicious hatemongers to those we should be trying to reach. We're coming across, not as those who stoically endure torture for Christ's sake, but as the small child in the back seat calling out, "Mommy! Billy's touching me!" in an effort to try to make trouble for our brother.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Its not anti-Christian so much as illustrative of the mentality of a not politically uninfluential slice of the population. But the ad is really nothing. What happens in public at the Folsom fair is the story. Just remember, these people vote, these people think they should teach your children, these people think there should be laws prohibiting speech in opposition to them, these people want special protection before the law.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Just remember, these people vote, these people think they should teach your children, these people think there should be laws prohibiting speech in opposition to them, these people want special protection before the law.

Are you talking about the Christian groups who are objecting to the ad or the people who created the ad? It's hard to tell.

Who is claiming persecution in this case again?

Upvote 0

SeraphymCrashing

Jun 21, 2007
✟16,161.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Don't get me wrong, the ad does disgust me. S&M behavior is completely contrary to the principles of Christian love. Redoing Leonardo's painting as an S&M parody is basically tacky.

THis pretty much puts it in perspective. I wouldn't expect christians to like it, and they can certainly speak out and tell us that they don't like it. But it isn't the end of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just looked at the picture for myself. I just have to say, BIG FREAKIN WHOOP!

Of all the pathetic manufactured controversies this has got to be in the top 5. Ooooo some men with their shirts off wearing leather! My poor prudish eyes!

:cry:

Get a life. Dorks.

Reactions: platzapS
Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just looked at the picture for myself. I just have to say, BIG FREAKIN WHOOP!

Of all the pathetic manufactured controversies this has got to be in the top 5. Ooooo some men with their shirts off wearing leather! My poor prudish eyes!

:cry:

Get a life. Dorks.
But didn't you see? Jesus is black!! :eek: :swoon:

Can't have that! ^_^

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
But didn't you see? Jesus is black!! :eek: :swoon:

Can't have that! ^_^

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll that's a whole other debate we could have. But seriously have these prudes ever looked at a Renaissance art book? Da Vinci may have been peeved that someone ripped-off his work BUT he (and most other artists at the time) wouldn't have thought twice about depicting males in the nude. This Folsom Street Fair ad (while tacky) is quite tame in comparison. :sleep:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
This was a lil over the top... I have to admit. I mean, were it Muslims being portrayed in this manner, we'd never hear the end of it.

Do I think anyone should be enraged over this? No. Annoyed? For sure. You know they did this so they could stir controversy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.