Not open for further replies.

a'miepje

May 7, 2002
The Netherlands
Visit site
✟8,096.00
Faith
Christian
it toally depends on the mood I am in. Most times I prefer 'whole band' type style, other times like the more intimate just guitar or piano or whatever. it all depends on the mood i am in. Sometimes i dont want a cd at all, I want to worship God on my own guitar and sing my heart out to Him.
I luv it all. I love to worship. I love my Daddy :)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
It depends on the mood I'm in.

My favorite worship music is Vineyard or anything similar. There is a lot of good Praise and Worship music out there.
band.gif

Upvote 0

9-iron

Football Fan
Jun 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟4,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow, this site really did crash. I am having a little trouble, but here goes. :eek:

I like both worship styles. Really most of the time I like a lot of instruments and like it loud. Sometimes however, when I just want to meditate I go for one guy/gal with a guitar.....Seems like when I am repenting and needing a touch from the Lord I go with the single slow stuff and just soak up the Lord....

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
AlabamaMan said:
I like vineyard,maranatha, and most of all morningstar worship! I also like southern gospel, which I find speaks to many issues I face...as long as its annointed I like it! lol
kopfpatsch.gif
How could I have forgotten MorningStar. . .I reeeealy like MorningStar

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What about World Wide Message Tribe?

The most important thing that I see, when it come to worship is how strong the anointing is. If the anointing is really strong then I'll like it, unless of course its Southern Gospel. But I havn't seen alot of anointing on Southern Gospel, which is the main reason that it doesn't find its way into many charismatic churches.

Upvote 0

superdave

are you super-natural?
May 14, 2002
West Texas
Visit site
✟1,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I worship to a full band- full Rock and Roll- I believe my praise is lifted up through what my favorite music is... so it's Rock. So our worship band plays worship songs- but we make them really sound like modern rock- kind of like Delirious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I love contempary style, especially at my church. They play it hard and loud, they also since when the church just wants to carry the worship on, with the same song. So they will loop it, one time the pastor said, the band was going to stop but did the loop 6 or 7 times becuase you just didn't want to stop, glory to God.

Like someone else said, I like it big and loud! At home I jam my 200 watt sterio super loud!

I have been blessed to hear a few good concerts. I have seen people like Matt Redman, awesome awesome, and some others.

Upvote 0

EJO

Hellafreak
Sep 4, 2002
Seattle
✟8,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I saw Skillet on their worship tour, and they ROCKED! On the other hand, I really anjoy this cd that my old youth pastor put out that is just him and his guitar, and sometimes a drummer. Check out some ofthe mp3's:
http://www.yacandcrew.com/ hit the worship link at the top middle!

God Bless Y'all!

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think it depends on my spirit at the moment. If I am completely pumped up and just psyched for the Lord, loud and energetic is great fun. It displays the excitement and energy that I want to convey. But at times when I am completely broken and want to just lay my soul out for God to come and heal something a little more calm is just what the Father orders :)

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
EJO said:
For listening to recorded worship do you all prefer maranatha style with all the instruments, of do you prefer a simpler sound, like one guy and his guitar?
Honestly? As much as I love music, that's not how I worship.

I enjoy singing hymns, southern gospel and bluegrass gospel but if I want to worship, I'd really rather just go sit on the docks and hang out with God. I think the thing I'm really striving for is to make my life an act of worship, rather than setting aside a specific time and place and say, "OK, now I'm going to worship".

Don't misunderstand, I don't think there's anything wrong with that and I'm the de facto leader of the band at my church but it's not really my thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.