Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Imagine the Philistines and Israel at war today. I imagine David v Goliath would play out little differently.

King Saul gets the bad news. Goliath is demanding a one on one with Israel's best. No one puts their hand up except David. David used to be Rachel, but preferred to be a man. David tells Saul, "I can deal with this. I'll play my guitar and that will calm him down. Works for you, right?" Saul is too stoned to argue. David grabs his weed and guitar and heads off.

Goliath cannot believe his eyes. Israel has sent a millenial. "What kind of weapon is that?", he asks his armour bearer. "It's a rock guitar. It will turn your brain to mush and send you deaf." "Cool", says Goliath. "This I have to see."

David comes within earshot of Goliath, about two feet away. Goliath tells him to chill. David thinks everyone's hearing is as bad as his own. Goliath asks how old David is. David tells Goliath, 16. When Goliath stops laughing, he says, "Let's get on with this". David says, "Well I'm not without sin, so throwing stones is out. I think we should talk this through." Goliath can hardly stand because he is laughing so much. David continues, "We can use your shield as a table, grab some good Israeli wine and discuss peace terms. That sword makes me nervous, can you put it away?"

"Sure." says Goliath. "In your dreams." David's last words were, "Sorry Saul, I did my best".

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
"Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
24:1-12 Job discourses further about the prosperity of the wicked. That many live at ease who are ungodly and profane, he had showed, ch. xxi. Here he shows that many who live in open defiance of all the laws of justice, succeed in wicked practices; and we do not see them reckoned with in this world. He notices those that do wrong under pretence of law and authority; and robbers, those that do wrong by force. He says, God layeth not folly to them; that is, he does not at once send his judgments, nor make them examples, and so manifest their folly to all the world. But he that gets riches, and not by right, at his end shall be a fool, Jer 17:11."
Is that a reply to my post? I do not get the connection.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol, that was funny. Not only millennials with rock guitars but this boomer was exposed to them and is deaf because of them. 'David says, "Well I'm not without sin, so throwing stones is out". When you think about it that is an honorable statement. Today it seems everyone is throwing stones. I come from a day when politicians could talk to each other and most could tell the truth. A lot of hate in this world and thank God they didn't have nukes because we wouldn't be here right now.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Imagine the Philistines and Israel at war today. I imagine David v Goliath would play out little differently.

King Saul gets the bad news. Goliath is demanding a one on one with Israel's best. No one puts their hand up except David. David used to be Rachel, but preferred to be a man. David tells Saul, "I can deal with this. I'll play my guitar and that will calm him down. Works for you, right?" Saul is too stoned to argue. David grabs his weed and guitar and heads off.

Goliath cannot believe his eyes. Israel has sent a millenial. "What kind of weapon is that?", he asks his armour bearer. "It's a rock guitar. It will turn your brain to mush and send you deaf." "Cool", says Goliath. "This I have to see."

David comes within earshot of Goliath, about two feet away. Goliath tells him to chill. David thinks everyone's hearing is as bad as his own. Goliath asks how old David is. David tells Goliath, 16. When Goliath stops laughing, he says, "Let's get on with this". David says, "Well I'm not without sin, so throwing stones is out. I think we should talk this through." Goliath can hardly stand because he is laughing so much. David continues, "We can use your shield as a table, grab some good Israeli wine and discuss peace terms. That sword makes me nervous, can you put it away?"

"Sure." says Goliath. "In your dreams." David's last words were, "Sorry Saul, I did my best".

Dave must have done something right. There are many statues of him. The best known is Michelangelo's that's now in the Louvre. I don't think there are many Goliath statues around. I only know of one depicting David holding Goliath's severed head. It was sold at a Sotheby's auction,

giuseppe-maria-mazza-david-triumphant-over-goliath.jpg

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He would never have approved of them, and whenever he could, he brought down instead of putting up statues the people put up, if they did.
I'm no Biblical history expert. But unlike the Egyptians, I don't think the ancient Hebrews, David included, cared anything about statuary. But David certainly cared about women. Didn't he have about 8 wives? His favorite was Bathsheba. Whose husband he had cancelled by ordering him to go on a suicide mission.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Dave must have done something right. There are many statues of him. The best known is Michelangelo's that's now in the Louvre. I don't think there are many Goliath statues around. I only know of one depicting David holding Goliath's severed head. It was sold at a Sotheby's auction,

View attachment 339134
I wish I'd been clearer. The post was meant to be a commentary on millenial woke progressives in 2023. Plainly some missed the point of my post. It was meant to be sarcastic.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wish I'd been clearer. The post was meant to be a commentary on millenial woke progressives in 2023. Plainly some missed the point of my post. It was meant to be sarcastic.
I agree 100%. All this namby pamby "love your enemies" stuff is for the birds. Kill everyone except the virgin women.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree 100%. All this namby pamby "love your enemies" stuff is for the birds. Kill everyone except the virgin women.
"Love your enemies" is fine until they are bombing your country into the stone age. A bit like the "defund the police" movement that applies right up to the point that the proponent is mugged by a felon who would have been in prison, except there was no police force. Every nation has the right to defend itself. Not every nation has the ability.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"Love your enemies" is fine until they are bombing your country into the stone age. A bit like the "defund the police" movement that applies right up to the point that the proponent is mugged by a felon who would have been in prison, except there was no police force. Every nation has the right to defend itself. Not every nation has the ability.
Maybe then not every nation should start a war with their vastly more powerful neighbour.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 339263
Yeah, I do like me some David vs Goliath narratives.
The dune example is nonsense. House Atreides is at least as powerfull as House Harkonnen, vastly more in the favour of the emperor and with way better troops and ressources.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Christ is King
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,436.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The dune example is nonsense. House Atreides is at least as powerfull as House Harkonnen, vastly more in the favour of the emperor and with way better troops and ressources.
What? House Harkonnen is the wealthiest House in the galaxy, more so than the Emperor; also, the Emperor has the Sardaukar, the most ruthless and violent Stormtroopers. The Emperor favours House Harkonnen over House Atreides because he fears them, not because of their military might but because of their influence.

Upvote 0