Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The whole concept of the celebration of Christmas is unbiblical because it centers in idolatrous worship and in combining the worship of God with the worship of idols which God forbid his people to do. It makes Jesus out to be a helpless baby in a manger while big, bright, powerful Santa flies through the air and delivers presents to children all over the world in a single night, and he knows when you are sleeping, when you have been good or bad, so his creators have given him the attributes of God of all knowing, all powerful, and omnipresent (able to be everywhere all at the same time). And he asks children to write letters to him asking him for gifts, which is like prayers to God making our requests to him. And Santa is just Satan with the "n" moved to the middle, for he is the one who wanted to be God and to replace God, and that is what Santa does, i.e. his reactors do.
Please explain why you think that if some pagans at one time celebrated the birth of of their imaginary god on December 25 that no one else may celebrate any other person's birthday on December 25.

Fact: God creates all the days of every year, therefore each day of every year is His day. We know that every day God creates is a good day.

What matters to God is what are you doing on His good day?
Are you worshiping and celebrating Him which is pleasing to Him or are you using His good day for an evil purpose such as worshiping an imaginary god or for doing another evil thing which He abhors? The choice is yours to make.

As for me, I will be worshiping God and celebrating the birth of Jesus my Savior on December 25. I can pick any day of the year to celebrate my Savior's birth but I and many, many others choose December 25 to celebrate His birth.

Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As for me, I will be worshiping God and celebrating the birth of Jesus my Savior on December 25. I can pick any day of the year to celebrate my Savior's birth but I and many, many others choose December 25 to celebrate His birth.

EXACTLY Except that here our celebration begins Dec 24 and goes until Epiphany but Yes DEC 25 is Christmas Day and that IS the day we celebrate Jesus' Birth.
This year, As I mentioned on another thread, we will be treated to TWO Christmas Eve services instead of one. Our usual haunt, the Episcopal church, ha decided for some reason or the other to move the 11PM service to 9 PM ending at around 1030 PM , which will give us just enough time to scoot a couple of blocks down to the Catholic cathedral, which starts with music at 1030 and celebrates the midnight Mass starting at 11. The service ends after Midnight, so it is Christmas Eve when we go in, and Christmas when we leave. I am excited about back to back services to celebrate Jesus' birth.

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟110,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
EXACTLY Except that here our celebration begins Dec 24 and goes until Epiphany but Yes DEC 25 is Christmas Day and that IS the day we celebrate Jesus' Birth.
This year, As I mentioned on another thread, we will be treated to TWO Christmas Eve services instead of one. Our usual haunt, the Episcopal church, ha decided for some reason or the other to move the 11PM service to 9 PM ending at around 1030 PM , which will give us just enough time to scoot a couple of blocks down to the Catholic cathedral, which starts with music at 1030 and celebrates the midnight Mass starting at 11. The service ends after Midnight, so it is Christmas Eve when we go in, and Christmas when we leave. I am excited about back to back services to celebrate Jesus' birth.
Lucky you! Enjoy! I remember the old days of putting up the Nativity scene on Christmas Eve and taking it down on January 6th. Fond memories.

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The problem is not with Christmas but with Santa Claus. Santa Claus is based off of the Catholic and orthodox St. Nicholas. But he has undergone a complete modern American makeover. Santa Claus is a marketing symbol used by greedy businessmen to 'sell' Christmas. Many business people make a lot of money off of Christmas. One of the wise man's gifts was gold. Children are encouraged to believe in Santa Claus so they can get that special gift they want. Children are encouraged to be greedy,, their whole reason for believing in Santa is so they can get presents! I understand being angry over Santa Claus' so-called god-like attributes, flying in a magic sleigh, knowing if your sleeping or awake, knowing if your bad or good, bribing kids to be good with gifts, toys and sweets, I understand how you feel. Kids are encouraged to believe in Santa Claus more than they are to believe in God! Jesus Christ should be the reason of the season.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is not with Christmas but with Santa Claus. Santa Claus is based off of the Catholic and orthodox St. Nicholas. But he has undergone a complete modern American makeover. Santa Claus is a marketing symbol used by greedy businessmen to 'sell' Christmas. Many business people make a lot of money off of Christmas. One of the wise man's gifts was gold. Children are encouraged to believe in Santa Claus so they can get that special gift they want. Children are encouraged to be greedy,, their whole reason for believing in Santa is so they can get presents! I understand being angry over Santa Claus' so-called god-like attributes, flying in a magic sleigh, knowing if your sleeping or awake, knowing if your bad or good, bribing kids to be good with gifts, toys and sweets, I understand how you feel. Kids are encouraged to believe in Santa Claus more than they are to believe in God! Jesus Christ should be the reason of the season.
But you just made my case, for Christmas includes the worship of Santa Claus (the false god) along with worship of Jesus, but Santa is the all powerful and all knowing one who gives gifts while Jesus is a helpless baby who does nothing but lay in a manger. The problem is not only in combining the two together into one holiday but that Santa is purposefully presented as the one everyone should look to to meet their "needs" while Jesus does nothing, and he is not shown as all powerful and all knowing, etc. It is a purposeful plan of the enemy to convince Christians to celebrate Jesus as a baby (not biblical, not required) while Santa gets all the glory and all the attention. This holiday is, thus, of Satan, and not of God, and should not be celebrated by Christians because the Scriptures teach us against this kind of thing. True worship of Jesus Christ involves worshipping him as he is now and with our lives in submission and in obedience to him and to his word.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every Year, we get some Biblian who preaches that Christmas is wrong for some reason....What they never learned was the following, which is my response
1 Your Beliefs dictate how YOU worship, not how I worship
2 Your interpretation of the Bible, or any book for that matter , does not apply to me.

Some people mistakenly think that they have some right to choose how others celebrate holidays such as Christmas. This is a testament that their ignorance is not just of the Bible, but of life in general,
One expressing an objection is not a demand that others must abide by it.
You are reaching too far to suggest that it is.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christmas includes the worship of Santa Claus (the false god)
Except that no one worships Santa Claus.
Santa is the all powerful and all knowing one who gives gifts
Kinda like Superman bends steal in his bare hands. They're both fictional characters. If your response to your belief that people worship fictioanl charaacters is to forbid the worship of our Lord Christ on certain dates, thern that response is exceedingly weird.

Christmas, Christ's Mass, is about the coming of our Lord Christ. the array of secular rubbish that has arisen around that celebration jad nothing to do with the Christian observance or the birth of our Lord is just that, rubbish. You're advocating that we throw out the baby with the bathwater. That's nonsense.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christmas, Christ's Mass, is about the coming of our Lord Christ. the array of secular rubbish that has arisen around that celebration jad nothing to do with the Christian observance or the birth of our Lord is just that, rubbish. You're advocating that we throw out the baby with the bathwater. That's nonsense.

Some people feel important by spending their time bashing and criticizing something about which they obviously know very little.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people feel important by spending their time bashing and criticizing something about which they obviously know very little.
They have a doctrine to defend, which, to them, requires attacking those who refuse to accept it. Good guys and bad guys, just like on teevee.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They have a doctrine to defend, which, to them, requires attacking those who refuse to accept it. Good guys and bad guys, just like on teevee.
Well, insecurity is at play. And fear. Most people who behave as such have a deep seeded fear of failure, an insecurity in their own beliefs and think that by convincing others to join them, then the social reinforcement will somehow give credence to their otherwise shallow ideals.

I do not subscribe to fear based thinking. Nor do I subscribe to any idea in which the freedom of myself or others is risked.

My response remains: YOUR beliefs govern how YOU behave, not how I behave. If Your beliefs prohibit the celebration of Christmas, remember that YOUR beliefs do not prohibit MY celebrating of Christmas.

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟40,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christmas’s right around the corner,
Comes from idol worship former,
Instills idol worship further,
Yet from many, not a murmur.

Celebrates the idols plenty,
Santa Claus and greed and money,
Entertainment, fill your stomachs,
Play your games, that is a sum up.

Downplays Jesus in a manger,
Elevates, instead, a stranger,
Attributes of God giv’n to him,
He’s the focus, all else is dim.

Jesus painted helpless baby,
Santa portrayed fun and gaily,
Flies in carriage, gives us presents,
Gives us what we want, in essence.

Baby, manger, unattractive,
While with Santa they’re distracted,
All about the fun, adventure,
While the Spirit some do censure.

If Christ you do want to worship,
Sacrifice to Him must stir up,
Give your life to Him, obey Him,
Holy living now will praise Him.
I do not worry about how others celebrate, ignore, or agitate about Christmas. I just enjoy it with my family and friends. It is such a wonderful gift to have all the kids and grandkids over. It is a time for making memories. As far as the Christmas story goes, well, I carry that with me year-around.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟458,190.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christmas is idol worship, and much more serious than Christians realize. I was indoctrinated to believe otherwise, but God has stepped in and has revealed much of what many refuse to see and hear. I will say, ever since my family and I have stopped this nonsense, we've been at much more peace rather than being provoked by unusual noises and crazy activities inside this house. Christmas time in this house was always crazy and NOT in a good sense. God hates idolatry. Jesus says not to do as the Nicolaitans do. Research everything to get the answers! The birth of Jesus was indeed miraculous and quite an event, but we're no where called to remember it, but rather to remember his death.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christmas is idol worship, and much more serious than Christians realize. I was indoctrinated to believe otherwise, but God has stepped in and has revealed much of what many refuse to see and hear. I will say, ever since my family and I have stopped this nonsense, we've been at much more peace rather than being provoked by unusual noises and crazy activities inside this house. Christmas time in this house was always crazy and NOT in a good sense. God hates idolatry. Jesus says not to do as the Nicolaitans do. Research everything to get the answers! The birth of Jesus was indeed miraculous and quite an event, but we're no where called to remember it, but rather to remember his death.

We too, were called out of this world's religious businesses and sects, and their religious doctrines and traditions. For us it was in 1997. Men don't realize the true influence of this idolatry, until they escape it. The Truth around these manmade high days is fascinating. The 2 greatest religious high days that exist in the world God placed us in, are Christmas and Halloween, both created by the RCC. The wealth and power they generate for this world's religious sects and businesses, and the merchants of the earth who support them, is staggering. While the actual "Feasts of the Lord" are rejected and ignored. Not much money in the Feasts of the Lord. I wouldn't expect this world's many religious businesses and sects to stop promoting these money-making high days anytime soon. But I do wish folks would consider the Words of the Christ "of the Bible" regarding them.

Rev. 18: 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

This religious high day has been around for a long, long time, under the name of several different deities. In our time it's under the image of God in the Likness of a handsome long-haired man, that men have placed the name of Jesus on. In Jeremiah's Time it was the same High day, but under a different image of God and a different name.

Jeremiah speaks to this popular ancient high day.

Jer. 10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

I'm glad for you and your family, that you have found that there is no power in these high days. And that men can escape them to serve God in the manner in which HE instructs. After all, He is God!

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I appreciate what you said here.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,357,541.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We too, were called out of this world's religious businesses and sects, and their religious doctrines and traditions. For us it was in 1997. Men don't realize the true influence of this idolatry, until they escape it. The Truth around these manmade high days is fascinating. The 2 greatest religious high days that exist in the world God placed us in, are Christmas and Halloween, both created by the RCC. The wealth and power they generate for this world's religious sects and businesses, and the merchants of the earth who support them, is staggering. While the actual "Feasts of the Lord" are rejected and ignored. Not much money in the Feasts of the Lord. I wouldn't expect this world's many religious businesses and sects to stop promoting these money-making high days anytime soon. But I do wish folks would consider the Words of the Christ "of the Bible" regarding them.

Rev. 18: 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

This religious high day has been around for a long, long time, under the name of several different deities. In our time it's under the image of God in the Likness of a handsome long-haired man, that men have placed the name of Jesus on. In Jeremiah's Time it was the same High day, but under a different image of God and a different name.

Jeremiah speaks to this popular ancient high day.

Jer. 10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

I'm glad for you and your family, that you have found that there is no power in these high days. And that men can escape them to serve God in the manner in which HE instructs. After all, He is God!
Thank you for what you shared here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We celebrate the Birth of Jesus, the Greatest Gift of All. Every Dec 24th, we trek to the church late in the Evening for a MASS , the CHRIST-MASS, the NATIVITY of OUR LORD which is centered around the celebration of Jesus' Birth and God becoming Incarnate, and revealing HIMSELF

It is the most beautiful part and the highlight of the season. It brings to me a level of Peace and Joy like no other event .

Yes, we have decorated trees, lights, Nativity sets, Candles and a plethora of Food and Gifts We donate more heavily to charities this time of year
AS Dickens wrote in Christmas Carol
"apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that—as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys."

SO yes, I celebrate Christmas and endeavor to keep it all the year through.
The first Sunday of ADVENT begins the church year. Why not use the start of the year as a resolution of sorts, to celebrate the Beginning, the Birth of Christ, and develop a habit of charity and love that will carry the whole year through?

May the Peace and Joy of the Christmas Season live within you

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christmas is idol worship
Baloney.
I will say, ever since my family and I have stopped this nonsense, we've been at much more peace rather than being provoked by unusual noises and crazy activities inside this house.
What does that mean exactly?
God hates idolatry.
And everyting I don't like is idolatry. Isn't that hopw it worls?
Jesus says not to do as the Nicolaitans do.
What precisely did they do?
Research everything to get the answers!
Oh, you'll get "answers" alright. Usually stupid ones.
The birth of Jesus was indeed miraculous and quite an event
"Quite an event". Wow. Wouldn't want to make a bnig deal out of,. though, would we?
, but we're no where called to remember it
Yeah, God becoming flesh and dwelling amonsgt us just really isn't that big a deal, is it?
, but rather to remember his death.
Had to be born first, didn't He? Nah... How about His Resurrection? Is celebrating that "idolatry" as well?

Upvote 0