Midwest
✟80,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Anti-racist? I presume that you mean that you are opposed to racism. If you have read what I have written then you know that I am as well. Perhaps you should go back and reread what I’ve written.

I never said that they were.

I assumed you were anti-racist. I'm very tired so I probably won't go back and read the entire thread.

I will tell you that I have never been racist. My parents were not Christians. Most of my relatives on my mother's side were not Christians. The person who taught me to pray as a child taught me this prayer:

Ich bin klein.
Mein Herz ist dein.
So niemand kann da wohnen
Als Jesu allein.

(Excuse spelling and punctuation errors.)

We have all races in our family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Agreed. I never said it should.

I'm sorry that you don't understand that my statements are not accusations that you have said such.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
love? dignity? family? equality? respect?
Homosexuality is sin and brings on God's wrath. We are seeing that right now. The world wide move to allow same sex couples to legally pretend that they are married has been followed by COVID-19. No, it is not coincidence.

Upvote 0

The One Reborn

Aug 30, 2020
Hannover
✟6,221.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Homosexuality is sin and brings on God's wrath. We are seeing that right now. The world wide move to allow same sex couples to legally pretend that they are married has been followed by COVID-19. No, it is not coincidence.

Why is it that you only single out homosexuality as bringing on God's wrath?
Aren't all the other countless sins just as likely to anger God?

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
yeah it causes hurricanes and earthquakes too

Reactions: kybela
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why is it that you only single out homosexuality as bringing on God's wrath?
Aren't all the other countless sins just as likely to anger God?
Sure, sin is sin. Homosexuality strikes at the core of God's intention in creating male and female. It is the ultimate expression of rebellion. God does not send judgement. He leaves humanity alone to do whatever is in their hearts. God could easily intervene to stop the virus from appearing in the first place.

The reason I raise the issue is that quite a few Christians seem confused by the pro-gay propaganda that seeks to justify sin. Not so many try to justify murder, stealing or adultery.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well at the same time Christianity itself has been growing in number by leaps & bounds.

I haven't seen those numbers. From what I've seen it's declined.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But why would Christians support candidates who want to suppress the practice of their religion? Tgats just hard for me to imagine when in our country, the opposite has been true - Christians being the dominant group and wanting to suppress other religions.

Because they are Christians in name only. They vote with their own reasoning not what is in scripture.

Using myself as the example. I read an article yesterday about Trump's support for LGBT. I didn't know that and hadn't seen it before. I now must decide on what to do about it. Both candidates support something that goes against the word of God. For either of them to advance that agenda is wrong. My vote for one of them would also be seen as supporting sin. Hmmmm.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Using myself as the example. I read an article yesterday about Trump's support for LGBT. I didn't know that and hadn't seen it before. I now must decide on what to do about it. Both candidates support something that goes against the word of God. For either of them to advance that agenda is wrong. My vote for one of them would also be seen as supporting sin. Hmmmm.

You want God to use you as an example as one who resists legal marriages? Hmmmm

It's the people who resist legal marriages among any couples that will incur judgment. Sorry.

Romans 13:1-14
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Titus 3:1
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

1 Peter 2:13-17
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Daniel 2:21
He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;

John 19:11
Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Proverbs 8:15-16
By me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just; by me princes rule, and nobles, all who govern justly.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You want God to use you as an example as one who resists legal marriages? Hmmmm

It's the people who resist legal marriages among any couples that will incur judgment. Sorry.

Romans 13:1-14
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Titus 3:1
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

1 Peter 2:13-17
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Daniel 2:21
He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;

John 19:11
Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Proverbs 8:15-16
By me kings reign, and rulers decree what is just; by me princes rule, and nobles, all who govern justly.
So you are OK with slavery and crucifixion? If the authorities forbid preaching the gospel, will you expect every Christian to shut up? Just as well the early church was willing to disobey. Otherwise, none of us would be saved. When the law of the land is contrary to the word of God, God's word overrules man's rules.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where in the US are the churches closed?

Are you kidding me? You answer your own question with your very next comment:

When the pandemic first hit my Pennsylvania home church moved its services online. Since June our services have been held outdoors. The current plan is for us to move services to our gym--where people can be well spaced--when the weather turns colder.

All of which verifies the churches are closed, thus forcing your congregation to go online or to a gym.

You should be able to see this is by design, those imposing such restrictions of Christians freedom of religion know full well a percentage of those who attended in the actual Church will stop attending online or at the gym, thus the income of the Church will suffer and eventually the Church buildings will have to be permanently closed.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you kidding me? You answer your own question with your very next comment.

Wrong. Churches in Pennsylvania are open if they wish to be.

All of which verifies the churches are closed, thus forcing your congregation to go online or to a gym.

You should be able to see this is by design, those imposing such restrictions of Christians freedom of religion know full well a percentage of those who attended in the actual Church will stop attending online or at the gym, thus the income of the Church will suffer and eventually the Church buildings will have to be permanently closed.

Wrong. It was the decision of church council to have services outside during the summer and in the gym when the weather turns cooler. That is not being forced on us by the Commonwealth. We could have services in our sanctuary with certain restrictions like no singing and masks and proper spacing. However we have many elderly in our congregation and council made the decision to do this to protect them. It is easier to space people outside and in the gym than in the sanctuary.

New Pa. coronavirus restrictions related to indoor capacities does not apply to religious institutions: Wolf

You should check your facts first before you make incorrect statements like this.

P.S. Contrary to what you said, giving at my church has remained good. We have received many positive comments about our services that are available on Facebook--many former members who moved out of the area have been watching. I'm sure giving is down at some churches but not at mine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

If people stop being Christians because a building is unable to be used, you have to wonder about the reality of their convictions. The church is way more restricted in many countries - most Muslim, China, North Korea and more recently, India. Many of those believers put the Western church to shame. In North Korea, they meet in twos or threes. They meet anywhere that is somewhat safe from the state. In spite of all the oppression, among the worst in the world, Christians survive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Exactly. Zoom meeting is not meeting together and many will leave because they will see no use in it.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly. Zoom meeting is not meeting together and many will leave because they will see no use in it.
Perhaps. As I said earlier, my church has actually had many members who had moved out of the area join in the FB services. We even have a couple from Scandinavia who have joined us the last few weeks.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]
For sure the Western world is well on the way to forsaking Christianity. I would not be surprised if the Bible was banned as hate speech. I suspect that what holds that back is that the Koran condemns homosexuality even more so than the Bible. Condemning the Koran gets people killed and that is a worry for the godless politicians who rule much of Europe these days.

Christians survive and even thrive in countries that have no Christian basis for society. They have a real relationship with Jesus and dare not be lukewarm. They do not have fancy buildings to meet in. Yet they put many Christians to shame with their love and zeal.

Upvote 0