Canadian law endorsed by Trudeau government could imprison people for life for speech crimes

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way, your beard looks awesome sir.
I'd love to take credit for that beard, but it actually belongs to Jerry Garcia. :)

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm waiting to see what happens with Rowling. What she says is definitely covered by the law. I heard she said she will proudly go to jail for speaking up. I guess we'll see.

We knew the left was headed there. More than one of us predicted it. Shutting down speech is necessary to the left. It's critical for totalitarianism.

I honestly don't think they going to go after Rowling. At least not for a good while.

I imagine they will sit on the laws for a minute until people stop thinking about them as so much of a threat....

That's when the smart play is to start using them against their ideological opponents. Then, when they are used they won't get the same amount of public attention, and there's
more control over the amount of attention, and what kind, any arrests get.

That's just my thoughts. Frog in soup theory. But honestly the left has been moving faster than common sense would dictate lately. They do appear to believe they hold all the cards these days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd love to take credit for that beard, but it actually belongs to Jerry Garcia. :)
Nice. :) Grateful Dead was a band ahead of the times. But yeah, hopefully you have a beard yourself. I do not, cos it is too much work.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I honestly don't think they going to go after Rowling. At least not for a good while.

I imagine they will sit on the laws for a minute until people stop thinking about them as so much of a threat....

That's when the smart play is to start using them against their ideological opponents. Then, when they are used they won't get the same amount of public attention, and there's
more control over the amount of attention, and what kind, any arrests get.

That's just my thoughts. Frog in soup theory. But honestly the left has been moving faster than common sense would dictate lately. They do appear to believe they hold all the cards these days.
Well they do as long as they are in power. Stifling free speech is one way to stay in power. If people start standing up and saying something they will get labeled as haters and as someone who is causing harm to others. And as long as they can label people like that and prosecute them then a lot people will be afraid to stand up. People like Rowling have a easier time because of who she is, but we've seen what the left tried to do to her.

Take look at the UK and see what they are doing and how the police have acted.

I don't think they are going to give up power without a fight and cutting off speech is a good way to do it.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well they do as long as they are in power. Stifling free speech is one way to stay in power. If people start standing up and saying something they will get labeled as haters and as someone who is causing harm to others. And as long as they can label people like that and prosecute them then a lot people will be afraid to stand up. People like Rowling have a easier time because of who she is, but we've seen what the left tried to do to her.

Take look at the UK and see what they are doing and how the police have acted.

I don't think they are going to give up power without a fight and cutting off speech is a good way to do it.

True... True. :(

Upvote 0