Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this a sign of things that are on its way to the United States? Our values are being rejected and we have already seen the beating of a street preacher and church vandalism right here on our soil. Other countries are already dealing with these issues and Christians aren't winning.

Hate Crime Bill: Atheists Plan to Target Christians for 'Spreading Hate'

Not-So-Free Speech: Street Preacher Fined for Quoting the Bible, Told to Use Alternative Verses

China removes over 900 church crosses in first half of 2020: report

The war on Christianity is increasing at an alarming rate. Stay strong and trust in the Lord.

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟17,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is this a sign of things that are on its way to the United States? Our values are being rejected and we have already seen the beating of a street preacher and church vandalism right here on our soil. Other countries are already dealing with these issues and Christians aren't winning.

Not-So-Free Speech: Street Preacher Fined for Quoting the Bible, Told to Use Alternative Verses

China removes over 900 church crosses in first half of 2020: report

The war on Christianity is increasing at an alarming rate. Stay strong and trust in the Lord.

Yep.

7“For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8“But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

9“Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10“At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. 11“Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. 12“Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. 13“But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. 14“This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep.

7“For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8“But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

9“Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10“At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. 11“Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. 12“Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. 13“But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. 14“This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

It's happening pretty fast. I'm ready to go. Hopefully I'm found to be worthy.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is this a sign of things that are on its way to the United States?

Absolutely. It's already a violation of law in Canada to so much as have a billboard display a verse from the Bible. And we can surely see that "hate" is subject to being defined any way that the reader or hearer thinks it ought to be defined, including saying something negative about anything the listener or reader favors.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟130,246.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The dominate force in the West today is the religion of equality. Equality means we all get equal stuff. At this point there is no stopping this religion. Christians will have to go into the closet.

Equality flips the world upside-down where good is bad and bad is good.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely. It's already a violation of law in Canada to so much as have a billboard display a verse from the Bible. And we can surely see that "hate" is subject to being defined any way that the reader or hearer thinks it ought to be defined, including saying something negative about anything the listener or reader favors.

I personally don't think it will be much longer before we are openly killed or jailed for our beliefs. I always thought the United States would hold out longer but it's here already.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The US and the whole world, turning on both Christians and Jews. It's scriptural.

As well as children against parents, men and women, races. The spirit of hate is definitely at work and doing overtime.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personally don't think it will be much longer before we are openly killed or jailed for our beliefs. I always thought the United States would hold out longer but it's here already.

I think at the moment it's around 100,000 Christians per year killed for their faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The question is, will it be seen, people dropping christianity like a hot potato.

Shutting down the churchs already shows how weak the church is. Will it (the church) go along quietly with the limiting of speech, i would think so.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question is, will it be seen, people dropping christianity like a hot potato.

Shutting down the churchs already shows how weak the church is. Will it (the church) go along quietly with the limiting of speech, i would think so.

I watched a few videos from China. They now have to praise the state instead of God. They are going along with it and people are still showing up for church. I was surprised.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In the UK we have churches closing all the time and mosques being built. I wonder at times where will there be a stronghold for Christians in the future. Western countries have mostly turned away from GOD and I think we are reaping that. I also think it's going to get much worse before the new religion comes with all the promises encompassed with the love doctrine.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single

The government says that the act has been written to protect freedom of speech. Eg.

"70. Section 11 provides that behaviour or material is not to be regarded
as threatening or abusive for the purposes of the offences relating to
stirring up of hatred under sections 3 and 5 solely because it involves or
includes the discussion or criticisms of religion or religious beliefs or
practices, proselytising, or urging of persons to cease practising their
religions.

"71. As such, the act of, for example, writing a newspaper article or blogpost urging followers of a particular religion to cease practising their religion
and convert to another religion could not be regarded, of itself, as
behaviour which is abusive towards followers of that religion. However, if,
for example, the article or blog-post made abusive comments about
followers of that religion, or threatened them with violence, it could still
amount to behaviour that is threatening or abusive.

"72. Section 12 provides that behaviour or material is not to be regarded
as threatening or abusive for the purposes of the offences relating to
stirring up of hatred under sections 3 and 5 solely because it involves or
includes discussion or criticism of sexual conduct or practices or the urging
of persons to refrain from or modify sexual conduct or practices.

"73. As such, the act of, for example, writing a newspaper article or blog
post which claimed that same-sex sexual activity was wrongful could not be
regarded, of itself, as behaviour which is abusive towards people who are
lesbian, gay or bisexual. However, if, for example, the article or blog-post
made abusive comments about people who are lesbian, gay or bisexual, or
threatened them with violence, it could still amount to behaviour that is
threatening or abusive."

This article is from 2015. According to this "One man with God is in the majority": Britain's 'most arrested' street preacher in victory for free speech – again no charges against him have been sustained. I agree that it's harassment to keep arresting him.

Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟17,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yeah, and a forum like this will be outlawed too, or only allowed one point of view, what the government deems acceptable speech. Happening on Twitter and Facebook now.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟17,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Most will have a choice of lose their tax exemption, or not. This will separate the true from the false, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I watched a few videos from China. They now have to praise the state instead of God. They are going along with it and people are still showing up for church. I was surprised.
Are you saying in church they are forced to praise the state.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In the UK we have churches closing all the time and mosques being built. I wonder at times where will there be a stronghold for Christians in the future. Western countries have mostly turned away from GOD and I think we are reaping that. I also think it's going to get much worse before the new religion comes with all the promises encompassed with the love doctrine.

Are people in the uk converting to the religion or are just more muslims moving in to the uk.

Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are people in the uk converting to the religion or are just more muslims moving in to the uk.

I don't know of any Christians converting to islam. Only minorities already here from africa.
Figures for 2018-2019. 3,194,791 Muslims living in England, with over a third aged under 16 and more coming. That a 25% increase in 7 years.

Upvote 0