Canadian law endorsed by Trudeau government could imprison people for life for speech crimes

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A Canadian law that aims to make social media platforms safer is getting flak for what some decry as government overreach

Introduced late last month, the Online Harms Act, or Bill C-63, would allow judges to imprison adults for life if they advocate for genocide.

Citing a government spokesperson, the bill would increase the maximum penalty specifically for advocating genocide from five years to life imprisonment and from two years to five years, on indictment, for the willful promotion of hatred.

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Canadian law that aims to make social media platforms safer is getting flak for what some decry as government overreach

Introduced late last month, the Online Harms Act, or Bill C-63, would allow judges to imprison adults for life if they advocate for genocide.

Citing a government spokesperson, the bill would increase the maximum penalty specifically for advocating genocide from five years to life imprisonment and from two years to five years, on indictment, for the willful promotion of hatred.

There goes Joshua's chance of taking the Holy Land at God's command. The American dream of "from sea to shining sea" looks unlikely now - oh wait there was no media censorship and hate crimes laws then.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For this, all Canadians must be exterminated. Oops, I just got life!
Being a young global leader for the globalist Klaus Schwab , Trudeau is just being a good little boy and doing what he is told.
Schwab says "jump" and Trudeau says "how high".
40 second clip.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
  • Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems reasonable. Simply do not advocate killing a nation of people and you’ll be free of government overreach.
But I already did in post 2. Now what? Will Canada try and have me extradited, so they can sentence me to life behind bars?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But I already did in post 2. Now what? Will Canada try and have me extradited, so they can sentence me to life behind bars?
No reasonable person would believe that you mean it. That’s the difference.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No reasonable person would believe that you mean it. That’s the difference.
True...

But change it to a predominantly non-white nation... Or a Muslim nation... Would that be believable? Or would it even need to be believable, in that case?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
These countries are going after speech simply to be able to enforce laws along ideological lines.

Look at Scotland. So on Monday the new hate crime laws went into effect. Since then more than 3,000 reports have been made, a large number of which, according to Mr. Yousaf, were against a Mr. Yousaf for a speech he made against white people in prominent positions. He's a prominent government official himself.

Apparently those can be dismissed. It's the "far right" who's offended after all...

I'm figuring they intend these laws in every country that passes them to use against the right, in order to start jailing people who speak against the new ideologies of the new state.

They won't do it immediately against prominent people like Rowling, but they will never ever use them against anyone who is espousing the new "group think" like Yousaf.

I do worry now about having Canada so close these days. They were very similar to us and just great neighbors to have, but totalitarian regime's simply don't make good neighbors.

We might have to consider a northern wall too if we don't fall next...

If these laws pass in Canada we will know the truth of them if they are used against the people who say from the river to the sea... because that is a call to genocide. Oct. 7, literally from the river to the sea, no more Jews in the land, no more Israel.

So we will see. If this is to stop that particular call to genocide, I can at least maybe see it. But it might be a front..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
True...

But change it to a predominantly non-white nation... Or a Muslim nation... Would that be believable? Or would it even need to be believable, in that case?
Well yeah, if you make it different that would change things.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Invading other countries, executing political rivals, imprisoning protesters?
Ridiculously harsh penalties for speech? Yes, a life sentence for a social media post seems very Russian.

...I think we both know that's what we're talking about here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems reasonable. Simply do not advocate killing a nation of people and you’ll be free of government overreach.
I agree with you, but instead of prison, a $10,000 fine would work better, and get more tax revenue that way to help support infrastructure, improve healthcare and give money to the poor.

Also, the BBC link below is Canada's prime minister/dictator caught wearing a racist blackface costume in 2001. Hypocritical dude, that guy. Almost as bad as Trump in my country.

BBC Link (Warning: Article recommended for ≥16 years, due to content): Justin Trudeau: Canada PM in 'brownface' 2001 yearbook photo

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with you, but instead of prison, a $10,000 fine would work better, and get more tax revenue that way to help support infrastructure, improve healthcare and give money to the poor.

Also, the BBC link below is Canada's prime minister/dictator caught wearing a racist blackface costume in 2001. Hypocritical dude, that guy. Almost as bad as Trump in my country.

BBC Link (Warning: Article recommended for ≥16 years, due to content): Justin Trudeau: Canada PM in 'brownface' 2001 yearbook photo
Why do you support government intervention in these matters? Why isn't banning a person from a forum, for example, good enough? Or perhaps, just don't visit KKK or neo-nazi communities online.

Really, this is just people wanting to physically hurt other people for having the wrong opinions - and that's a sign of moral corruption.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IMO, it's better for these people to debate their POV's so that they can come to a greater understanding through open dialogue. Silencing them only creates closet-haters, which is worse.

...I guess it doesn't matter to people who only want to physically hurt others with radically improper opinions. Life in prison is only a step away from execution.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
These countries are going after speech simply to be able to enforce laws along ideological lines.

Look at Scotland. So on Monday the new hate crime laws went into effect. Since then more than 3,000 reports have been made, a large number of which, according to Mr. Yousaf, were against a Mr. Yousaf for a speech he made against white people in prominent positions. He's a prominent government official himself.

Apparently those can be dismissed. It's the "far right" who's offended after all...

I'm figuring they intend these laws in every country that passes them to use against the right, in order to start jailing people who speak against the new ideologies of the new state.

They won't do it immediately against prominent people like Rowling, but they will never ever use them against anyone who is espousing the new "group think" like Yousaf.

I do worry now about having Canada so close these days. They were very similar to us and just great neighbors to have, but totalitarian regime's simply don't make good neighbors.

We might have to consider a northern wall too if we don't fall next...

If these laws pass in Canada we will know the truth of them if they are used against the people who say from the river to the sea... because that is a call to genocide. Oct. 7, literally from the river to the sea, no more Jews in the land, no more Israel.

So we will see. If this is to stop that particular call to genocide, I can at least maybe see it. But it might be a front..
I'm waiting to see what happens with Rowling. What she says is definitely covered by the law. I heard she said she will proudly go to jail for speaking up. I guess we'll see.

We knew the left was headed there. More than one of us predicted it. Shutting down speech is necessary to the left. It's critical for totalitarianism.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you support government intervention in these matters? Why isn't banning a person from a forum, for example, good enough? Or perhaps, just don't visit KKK or neo-nazi communities online.

Really, this is just people wanting to physically hurt other people for having the wrong opinions - and that's a sign of moral corruption.
Well, these racist groups could want to plan attacks on people, so it is best that these groups are shut down. I dislike Canada's PM with a passion though. He needs to get shut down also. So, my ideology is more in the middle. You want free speech for hate groups, while Justin wants no free speech.

By the way, your beard looks awesome sir.

Upvote 0