✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
Quaffer,

Let me recommed the following in its entirety:

AN EXAMINATION OF THE WORD-FAITH MOVEMENT
by
Richard J. Vincent

"You don't have a god in you, you are one."(1)

"Pray to yourself, because I'm in your self and you're in Myself. We are one Spirit, saith the Lord."(2)

"I say this with all respect so that it don't upset you too bad, but I say it anyway. When I read in the Bible where he [Jesus] says, 'I Am,' I just smile and say, 'Yes, I Am, too!'"(3)

What group would say such outrageous things? What group would have the nerve to perpetuate such blasphemous doctrines? Could it be the Jehovah's Witnesses? the Mormons? the Unitarians? the New Agers? Could it be—the Christians?

The Word-Faith Teachers
The Word-Faith Teachers. This is the group that would seek to convince us that Jesus and His disciples were rich, that to be poor is a sin, to be sick is a sin, and that faith is a creative force that we can use to shape our world just like God supposedly created this world and universe that we live in through His "faith"!

Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Paul Crouch, John Avanzini, Robert Tilton, Fred Price, and Benny Hinn (who at the time of this writing has authored the number one best selling Christian book in America, "Good Morning, Holy Spirit") are just a few that spew out this theological vomit.

A Sampling of Error
To name just a few of the more outrageous things that have been said by these so-called teachers will stagger the senses:

John Avanzini is convinced that "Jesus had a nice big house",(4) "Jesus wore designer clothes",(5) and "Jesus was handling big money".(6)

Fred Price also claims that Jesus was rich and that He left us with an example to follow. That is why Fred drives a Rolls Royce; he is following Jesus' example!

Mr. Price also communicates one of the more sickening beliefs of the Word-Faith teachers which shocks even those with a mild amount of common sense. He says, "How can you glorify God in your body, when it doesn't function right?....What makes you think the Holy Ghost wants to live inside of a body where He can't see out through the windows, and He can't hear out the ears?"(7) This insulting and insensitive comment regarding the handicapped and crippled among us stirs up anger in even the most hardened of consciences. Yet this statement by Mr. Price is followed by exuberant applause and approval from his congregation (I would like to hear Mr. Price say this to Joni Eareckson, or Tony Melendez).

These kind of statements boggle our minds and stagger our senses. It would seem that most people would see the error in these teachings, yet millions follow these men with a militant passion.

The rest of the article may be read by using a search engine. I don't have enough posts to link to an external URL.

Cheers

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry Tentmaker, but I don't follow the teachings of any of the mentioned people. So it would be pointless for me to read that book. I do read my Bible though.

However, all of this has already been adequately addressed in this intire thread. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I don't agree with everything that a lot of people teach. But applying that dissagreement to all of the teachings and to all within the movements is wrong.

Did you read this whole thread yet? :)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
SnuP said:
I do too. You are defining a movement based upon some strange statements by some of the leaders. But there is much more to the movement then these statements, much more then you can pick up from a book that starts out with judgement.
Ah, my friend SnuP :hug:

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
The rules under which a newbie must operate on this website are too restrictive for me to reply in full to the objections lodged. Limiting the number of words and forbidding the linking to external URLs for newcomers seems to me to be a dictating of behavior rather than a free sharing that ought to be the common denominator with Christians.

Cheers

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Are you sure though Tentmaker that you will not be just copying and pasting what has already been copied and pasted on this thread and has been adequately rebutted?

I really hate rehashing stuff that has already been thoroughly answered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tentmaker said:
Quaffer,

Having my own websites since 1995, and having visited a few thousand over the years I do have some idea of the preferred protocol.

Cheers
Hey TM....
Welcome to CF.
As to the WOF stuff. It is just that we have been over this stuff again and again... Dozens of threads and hundreds of posts. If all you are going to do is try and hang somebody's half quotes and sound bites on us... don't waste your time. I personally have no intention of trying to explain what Copeland was getting at when he said this or that or whether Hagin borrowed material from Kenyon. I can discuss WOF teaching that is widely acceptted by WOF people... not quips by individuals or why some WOF minister died.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Tentmaker said:
Quaffer,

Having my own websites since 1995, and having visited a few thousand over the years I do have some idea of the preferred protocol.

Cheers
What? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
didaskalos said:
Hey TM....
Welcome to CF.
As to the WOF stuff. It is just that we have been over this stuff again and again... Dozens of threads and hundreds of posts. If all you are going to do is try and hang somebody's half quotes and sound bites on us... don't waste your time. I personally have no intention of trying to explain what Copeland was getting at when he said this or that or whether Hagin borrowed material from Kenyon. I can discuss WOF teaching that is widely acceptted by WOF people... not quips by individuals or why some WOF minister died.

Didaskalos,

Meaning that a closed mind better serves the purpose of this Website? Or, that those having discussed the topic now have all the needed answers? Or, that others are not intelligent enough to shed new light on the subject material?

Cheers

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Tentmaker said:
Didaskalos,

Meaning that a closed mind better serves the purpose of this Website? Or, that those having discussed the topic now have all the needed answers? Or, that others are not intelligent enough to shed new light on the subject material?

Cheers
Meaning, that the light you've so far shed, is not new. If you can tell us something that has not yet been discussed in this thread, then we'd be happy to discuss it.

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
Appears to me to be a pre-judging of that which is to come. Either that or the table being set somehow threatens existing convictions.

Missing from the Word-Faith theology(?) is a minor thing called "mission", i.e., the historic mission of He who is called Christ.

Missing, also, is the mystical idealism that unites the Christian to his/her Bible.

Reading through the topical posts one is met with untidy and unpleasant assumptions having no base whatsoever in traditional Christian teaching.

I will refrain from remarking on the messy handling of revered doctrine.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.