Word-Faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Word of Faith is one of the best things that ever happened to Christianity. :)

It is basically faith in the Word of God. If you see a truth in God's Word, you can believe it and put your faith to action by walking according to the Word.

It is a very scary 'sect' within Christianity. If you have the time, read the book "Christianity in Crisis" by Hank Hanegraff.

That's a really outdated book written by a self-appointed church policeman who quotes people out of context just to sell his point. Many sincere people have been misled by Hank H after reading the book without checking up on the facts themselves.

Word of Faith, it includes Benny Hinn, Peter Popoff, T.D. Jakes, Creflo Dollar... It's aÊpentecostal styleÊmovement that preaches faith = wealth.

that is total nonsense and utter ignorance abt the movt.

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
That is a lie, Andrew. I have to run to school, so I cannot expound, but you can say how he takes things out of context but I have seen with my own eyes how they twist the Word of God. I have seen them lead thousands of people to "come under the Holy Spirit" and then gush out their wallets. Its sick.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That is a lie, Andrew. I have to run to school, so I cannot expound, but you can say how he takes things out of context but I have seen with my own eyes how they twist the Word of God. I have seen them lead thousands of people to "come under the Holy Spirit" and then gush out their wallets. Its sick.

You can ask Quaffer who read some of his attacks on a certain person she knew, which she found to be untrue. He is known for quoting people out of context just to prove his points and has a questionable background. If you think he is some "angel", then you are have been misled.

I'd advise you to read the books that counter HH's Counterfiet Revival to see both sides of the picture. Dont be so fooled by just one book from one bitter person.

Upvote 0

Edouard

Mar 15, 2003
Auburn Hills, MI
Visit site
✟7,902.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Any movement based on faith is in trouble.

Christ's love was based on grace and love, not faith alone.
emotion does not take place of the SPirit.
I find it interesting that healing takes place in an arena of 30,000 people; rather than privately. God does not delight on attention getters.

It is interesting, if you look at when Christ healed, 95% of the time, he did it privately, just a biblical side note on all this.

Edouard

Upvote 0

Grace_Alone4gives

Apr 4, 2003
Odessa TX
✟1,245.00
Faith
Protestant
Well, if Benny Hinn is at the star of this movement - then I think it is well said to stray from it. I do not like to pass judgement on many people, but Benny, who BTW I used to watch and admire, is, in my best discernment, someone who has been led astray in false teachings.
Of course, I am open to dissagreement as I myself am not the best 'protocol' for an all star Christian either - however, my Spirit is troubled when the man takes the stage - it is more of a 'performance' than anything.....not to say God can not work through a performance - He definately can.....but I prefer to meet with Him in other ways than laying my hands on a TV set in order to 'feel the fire of God'

In respect,
HTD

Upvote 0

artnalex

Feb 25, 2003
California
Visit site
✟9,206.00
Faith
Catholic
Benny Hinn is not a faith healer, but a fake healer. They preach a gospel very unknown to me. Their gospel starts out with giving them "seed" money, and ends with giving them more "seed" money.

If anybody really had the ability to heal people, do you really think God would want them to charge for it? Getting rich at the expense of God is tantamount to the peddlers in the Temple that Jesus threw out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideon4God

Jan 12, 2003
✟8,009.00
Faith
Other Religion
Hereies of the Word Faith http://www.hbcdelivers.org/wfheresy.htm

Jesus had to go through that same spiritual death in order to pay the price. It wasn't the physical death on the cross that paid the price for sin. Because if it had of been any prophet of God that had died for the last couple of thousand of years before that could have paid that price. It wasn't physical death. Anybody could do that." ("What Satan saw on the day of Pentecost" tape #02-0022)Kenneth Copeland
&nbsp;

"When you say 'I am saved,' what are you saying? You are saying I am a Christian. What does that word mean? Means that I am anointed. Do you know what anointed means? It means Christ. When you say I am a Christian, you are saying...I am a little messiah walking on the earth in other words. That's a shocking revelation...His spirit and our spirit man are one. United. There is no separation, it is impossible. The new creation is created after God in righteousness and true holiness. The new man is after God, like God, God-like, complete in Christ Jesus, the new creation is just like God. May I say it like this, you are a little god on earth running around" ("Praise-a-thon" TBN, recorded November, 1990). Benny Hinn

"I'm going to tell you something folks, I didn't stop sinning until I finally got it through my thick head I wasn't a sinner anymore. And the religious world thinks that's heresy and they want to hang you for it. But the Bible says that I'm righteous and I can't be righteous and be a sinner at the same time...All I was ever taught to say was, 'I'm a poor, miserable sinner.' I am not poor, I am not miserable and I am not a sinner. That is a lie from the pit of hell. That is what I was and if I still am then Jesus died in vain. Amen" (Doctrinal Ambiguity of a Wandering Star-The Changing views of Joyce Meyer, G. Richard Fisher and Paul R. Belli)Joyce Meyer

Upvote 0

CeCe

Veteran
Mar 25, 2003
Visit site
✟1,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like everything Word of Faith has its good and its not so good. Remember the woman with the issue of blood in Matthew (chapter 9:20-22) She was healed.

But it has been abused and twisted by the prosperity gospel. Which is probably where it also became known as the "name it and claim it" gospel. Where the focal point (with some) seems to be seeking after the things of this world.

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
5th April 2003 at 03:14 PM CeCe said this in Post #12

Like everything Word of Faith has its good and its not so good. Remember the woman with the issue of blood in Matthew (chapter 9:20-22) She was healed.

But it has been abused and twisted by the prosperity gospel. Which is probably where it also became known as the "name it and claim it" gospel. Where the focal point (with some) seems to be seeking after the things of this world.

She was healed by Christ. And other times it was the Apostles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
3rd April 2003 at 09:15 PM Yekcidmij said this in Post #1

What is the Word-Faith movement?&nbsp; Heard it mentioned the other day and not sure what it is. :confused:

The Word-Faith movement is believing what God has said in His Word and living accordingly.

For instance, God says that I don't need to worry about what I will wear or where I will live.&nbsp; He promises to meet all of my needs.&nbsp; Therefore, I can trust that all of my needs are met.&nbsp; He does not promise me more than I need, but He does promise me what I need.

God also says that we should have not only enough for ourselves but we should have enough to help others out too.&nbsp; Therefore, I can believe that not only will God meet my needs but He will supply extra for me to give to others who are in need.

I can't answer for some of my other brothers and sisters in the faith who are claiming more.&nbsp; Appariantly God has called them to do things that requires them to believe for things that some think is too extravegant.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

I'm not going to appoint myself to be the elder sibbling&nbsp;who is jealous because Dad is giving them something they need, while I as of yet don't have it because I don't need it.&nbsp; Or, I do have it but I'm so busy grumbling about them having it that I don't even see that I have it too.

Word-Faith is believing that all my bills are paid.&nbsp; It's a poor witness for me to be in debt.&nbsp; His Word says that I'm to be the lender and not the borrower.&nbsp; I'm looking forward to that.

Word-Faith is believing that "by His stripes I am healed", even if my body at this moment is defying that.

My lack of faith in something does not mean I'm a bad Christian.&nbsp; I'm continuing to grow and will continue to grow, until Jesus comes back or I physically die.&nbsp;. .whichever comes first. :)

That's my small definition of the Word-Faith movement.&nbsp;&nbsp;The derogatory&nbsp;comments made by some, in my opinion are made&nbsp;out of ignorance&nbsp;of those who have not really searched things out . . .starting first with their&nbsp;Holy&nbsp;Bible.

Quaffer&nbsp;

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I forgive those of you who are baring false witness against me. I know you are just repeating stories that you have heard. Perhaps you have been reading and following after leaders who have given you a bad example of how to treat you brothers in Jesus.

I have been in the WOF camp for 30 years. I had a pastor who was in the first graduating class of Rhema. I have been teaching Jesus, faith, healing, prosperity, and like issues since the 70s. And I can say without hesitation that you are misinformed. If you choose to comment on these issues you should look into them and not just repeat things for which you have no personal knowledge.

God loves you and so do we!!!!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5th April 2003 at 10:14 AM CeCe said this in Post #12

Let me share a little bit on this because my wife and I have been WOF for many years now... and what is being said here is both untrue and unfair.

We believe in correct confession of the word of God. That means we take sides with what God says... even when it does not appear to be true. We also believe (in accordance with the words of Jesus) that if we believe we receive what we say then we have whatsoever we say. (Mark 11:22-24)

Three months ago we were visiting the barrier islands of SC. One such island is Fripp island which is halfway between Charleston and Savannah. The island is a privately owned gated community where land and houses are regularly sold in the 1 million to 5 million dollar range. A seaside lot is now being advertised for 1 million(no house... just the land). It is not unusual for a house to rent for 125,000 a month. This is a very prosperous area.
We were out visiting some friends on the island, and needless to say it is a very beautiful place. Being right on the beach, it has jungle/tropical flora (the Viet Nam scenes in Forest Gump were shot on Fripp Isand... Tom Hanks rented a house on the beach for 32000 a month).
Anyways.. .on the way out, we were crossing the access bridge and my wife just said (she spoke... she said words) "It would really be nice to live out here." I responded "Yes, it is very beautiful, isolated, and quiet." She is a book editor, and works at home. I am a computer programmer and also do a lot of work at home. Needless to say, the island would be very conducive to working at home. Besides this, the rent at the apartment we were staying at had increased a hundred bucks over a year's time... and we wanted out and were looking.

Now down through the years I have learned to sense what words are spirit spoken. A spirit spoken word is a word that was believed in the heart and vocalized. The words we spoke on the bridge that day were spirit spoken. They we spontaneous... they flowed... and they had power in them. I knew right there and then that we had what we said. I had no idea how it was going to come to pass, nor did I make any effort to make it come to pass (the wife and I make pretty good money... but nowhere near the figures I quoted above!!!) And so we pretty much forgot about it.

Several weeks later I get a call from a man who is now the pastor of the Episcopalian church were I was baptized, confirmed, and raised in back in upstate NY(my mother has a stained glass window dedicated to here in the church). I had never met the guy. I had been back to my hometown twice in the last 33 years. The last time I was there I snapped a picture of the old church building. We have a personal web site and I posted this picture on it. Anyway, he had found the picture of the church and because he just happened to be from the lowcountry of SC, he wanted to talk. I tell him I live in the lowcountry of SC and comment offhand that we are looking for somewhere else to stay. He tells me he just happens to own some property out on an island called "Fripp island"!!!!... the very place we had visited and spoken faith words concerning. He is delighted to hear that we are looking, and offers it to us for less than what we were paying at the apartments.
Less than three weeks after the faith words were spoken a phone call came literally out of the blue and we are on the island. We are within sight of the Atlantic Ocean, and live on the third fairway of a golf course (I do not play golf...)
It just happened.... we did not beg, pray, or make any effort to get there. We just did what the scripture describes... we spoke words and believed that we had what we said. And we got it. It is just that simple.

I feel sorry for people who do not know how to walk in the spirit and by faith.... they miss so much of the
joy and wonder in life He that has for them!

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday at 08:57 PM didaskalos said this in Post #19

A spirit spoken word is a word that was believed in the heart and vocalized. The words we spoke on the bridge that day were spirit spoken. They we spontaneous... they flowed... and they had power in them.

This is probably the biggest problem I have with the WOF movement.&nbsp; I have often seen such pastors as Hinn and the Copelands speak of people not getting what they want because they don't "have enough faith."&nbsp; How presumptuous.&nbsp; How self-centered.&nbsp; It seems so ridiculous to me the way they preach a doctrine that encourages presuming to know that you'll get something just because you "believed enough" or because you "spontaneously spoke words that you believed in your heart and then vocalized."&nbsp; God's plan for you has nothing to do with what you have or don't have materialistically.&nbsp; It has nothing to do with speaking things into being.&nbsp; It has to do with being humble in your spirit, which isn't a trait that any of those people on TBN exhibit.&nbsp; It has to do with having an attitude like Paul (I think) who said, and I'm sorry that this isn't going to be an exact quote, whether he had plenty or none he was satisfied because it was what the Lord brought that he needed.&nbsp; You see, there's nothing wrong with being wealthy and having nice things.&nbsp; I don't personally believe that has to do with anything in God's plan other than knowing that He will give us whatever we need to bring about our sanctification.&nbsp; More often than not I have seen examples of God bringing about a scenario in a person's life where they make a lot of money and be well off materialistically just so that He can take it away to show them their ungodly dependence on the things of this world.

I knew right there and then that we had what we said. I had no idea how it was going to come to pass, nor did I make any effort to make it come to pass (the wife and I make pretty good money... but nowhere near the figures I quoted above!!!) And so we pretty much forgot about it.

Ironically this, to me, shows a marked&nbsp;lack of faith.&nbsp; I am often exposed to&nbsp;Christians claiming to know what God wants for their life and the strange thing is no one ever says, "You know, I think God wants me to be poor my whole life and suffer&nbsp;and to truly serve others while never being shown any appreciation and I'm going to embrace that life&nbsp;because that's what God has sovereignly decided is&nbsp;best for me."&nbsp; Everybody's always saying stuff like, "I'm sure that God has big plans for me" or "I'm sure God wants me to be rich."&nbsp; The thing is, if you believe that God wanted you to live in some nice, expensive place and you didn't "make any effort to make it come to pass" it shows a lot of presumption that God's going to hand you things on a silver platter.&nbsp; I see this all the time on TBN.&nbsp; They say stuff like, "don't worry if you only have $200&nbsp;to your name and your electric bill is $150.&nbsp; Go ahead and give liberally and God will increase that."&nbsp; Give me a break.&nbsp; I heard Creflo Dollar give an entire sermon on how "God will give you over and above your wildest imagination."&nbsp; True faith in God is to know that God has promised to never forsake you and that He will conform you to the image of His Son and that you should be responsible and godly with whatever He gives you, whether it be $1 or $1,000,000.&nbsp; I am regularly astonished at the presumptuousness of people like Hinn and Copeland and Myers.&nbsp; They say the most ridiculous things like, "if your illness hasn't been healed then it's just because you don't have enough faith" or "you just don't believe enough" or "you just gotta BELIEVE!!!"&nbsp; They always think that getting louder means speaking with the power of the Holy Spirit.&nbsp; I wonder if they have ever thought of the possibility that it wasn't God's plan for someone to get healthier or get richer.

My advice to you Yekcidmij is to take 99% of the things they say with a grain of salt and the things that sound feasible to you should be checked against the Word.&nbsp; Those people are good entertainers at best but, most definitely, not spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.