✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Tentmaker said:
Appears to me to be a pre-judging of that which is to come. Either that or the table being set somehow threatens existing convictions.
Ah. . .but appearences can be misleading.

Tentmaker said:
Missing from the Word-Faith theology(?) is a minor thing called "mission", i.e., the historic mission of He who is called Christ.
And you've come to this conclusion after reading ALL of this thread? I believe that you will see that there is a mission to "go ye therefore into all the world and preach the gospel". Is there another mission that Christ gave you're referring to?

Tentmaker said:
Missing, also, is the mystical idealism that unites the Christian to his/her Bible.
What? :scratch: I treasure the written Word. Nothing supercedes it. I believe we've already discussed in this thread though.

Tentmaker said:
Reading through the topical posts one is met with untidy and unpleasant assumptions having no base whatsoever in traditional Christian teaching.
I believe I personally gave plenty of "base". As did didaskalos and SnuP and Victoryword, and look. As you can see both sides concluded they were giving proof and both sides rejected the proof of the other. What more is there to say?

Tentmaker said:
I will refrain from remarking on the messy handling of revered doctrine.

Cheers
Thank you. That would certaintly be just your opinion. But you're free to share it, if you believe it's something we have not already heard and answered.

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
Quaffer,

Your replies exemplifies the lack of that which is special about Christians.

Failure to recognize and act according to foundational principles of Christianity mutates attempted discussions into execrations.

My intentions toward the Word-Faith theology(?) was to remove the contents of that putrid body and perform a close inspection of them as an act of sharing. There was no intent, whatsoever, to make a personal point...there already being too much of it.

Cheers

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tentmaker said:
Quaffer,

I have know Quaffer for going on a year and a half now. She in fact is very special and exhibits all the traits of a good Christian. She is kind to those who are cruel to her. She is generous with her time and words. She reaches out to those who need help. And in this case, she is very good at listening and responding to people who might disagree with her.
I am sure you have good points to share and I hope we can have a calm discussion. All we are saying is that the things you have started with have been worked over to the max. We can go through them again, but it has been our experience that when those bringing the accusations cannot make them stick... they resort to rudeness and name calling. I for one have no desire to go down that road again. I hope this is not the case with you! I will trust it is not.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tentmaker said:
Failure to recognize and act according to foundational principles of Christianity mutates attempted discussions into execrations.
Please list the foundational principles of the doctrine of Christ? I am truely interested in how you see these. The foundations of a thing are the defining and starting point of any good discussion.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Tentmaker said:
Quaffer,

My intentions toward the Word-Faith theology(?) was to remove the contents of that putrid body and perform a close inspection of them as an act of sharing. There was no intent, whatsoever, to make a personal point...there already being too much of it.

Cheers
OK :scratch: I'm not really sure what you've said here but it sounds very much like you're saying that because I did not answer the way you would have that I am not a Christian.

I'll bow out of the discussion now. Cheers.

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
Quaffer said:
OK :scratch: I'm not really sure what you've said here but it sounds very much like you're saying that because I did not answer the way you would have that I am not a Christian.

I'll bow out of the discussion now. Cheers.
There being but Two Guides on which men depend for their path/s in life, your decision to withdraw is revealing.

There being but Two States in which man may exist, your choice becomes your testimony.

There being but Two Paths which man may walk, you might profitablely look at the one you seem to trust.

Cheers

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
So now you're insinuating that my guide is not Jesus, and that I exist in a state of confusion, and the path I'm on is distruction?

Insulting me won't profit you much. I'm bowing out because you're choosing insults over the sound doctrine that you claim.

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
:help:

Quaffer,

A sophistication in the use of the mother tongue is oftentimes required for a usable comprehension of intended meaning.

Or, stated another way, what we have here is a total failure to communicate.

Do perceive that no part of my post/s ever insinuate...that not being a fashion of my choice.

Moreover, to insult another in a verbal manner lies beyond my meagre abilities as a craftsman of word structures.

Finally, know that my plying the river of spiritual enlightenment is not a course mapped out by what others entertain as "sound doctrine".

Chrees

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am posting the again thinking that perhaps you missed it the first time....

Tentmaker said:
Please list the foundational principles of the doctrine of Christ? I am truely interested in how you see these. The foundations of a thing are the defining and starting point of any good discussion.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Tentmaker said:
Appears to me to be a pre-judging of that which is to come. Either that or the table being set somehow threatens existing convictions.

Missing from the Word-Faith theology(?) is a minor thing called "mission", i.e., the historic mission of He who is called Christ.

Missing, also, is the mystical idealism that unites the Christian to his/her Bible.

Reading through the topical posts one is met with untidy and unpleasant assumptions having no base whatsoever in traditional Christian teaching.

I will refrain from remarking on the messy handling of revered doctrine.

Cheers
You won't find those things missing from my threads, or Quaffer's, or didaskalos'. Hmm. Isn't that interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Tentmaker said:
:help:

Quaffer,

A sophistication in the use of the mother tongue is oftentimes required for a usable comprehension of intended meaning.

Or, stated another way, what we have here is a total failure to communicate.

Do perceive that no part of my post/s ever insinuate...that not being a fashion of my choice.

Moreover, to insult another in a verbal manner lies beyond my meagre abilities as a craftsman of word structures.

Finally, know that my plying the river of spiritual enlightenment is not a course mapped out by what others entertain as "sound doctrine".

Chrees
Dude, why don't you just simply tell us what you disagree with and why. We only ask that you refrain from quoting specific individuals as proof of our beliefs.

Why don't you start by giving us your impression of what a real christian should look like and why WoWers don't fit the bill?

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
By the way, you will find it impossible to threaten our belief structure or convictions, but you are welcome to try. I'm game if you are.

didaskalos, Quaffer and I have been around here a long time. You will find that we are compatent debators and bible scholars. So, bring it on.

(I can handel it, I promise... )

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
SnuP said:
By the way, you will find it impossible to threaten our belief structure or convictions, but you are welcome to try. I'm game if you are.

didaskalos, Quaffer and I have been around here a long time. You will find that we are compatent debators and bible scholars. So, bring it on.

(I can handel it, I promise... )
SnuP,

My confronting the arrogance of your war footing would in no way be profitable to you, others, or myself.

Too, if your faith is a seamless robe, there is no need for you to debate any aspect of it.

We who are still rowing our canoes of conviction find that it is sometimes necessary for us to bail the water of indecision.

Cheers

Upvote 0

LeeS

aka SpiritPsalmist
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟1,025.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Tentmaker said:
SnuP,

My confronting the arrogance of your war footing would in no way be profitable to you, others, or myself.

Too, if your faith is a seamless robe, there is no need for you to debate any aspect of it.

We who are still rowing our canoes of conviction find that it is sometimes necessary for us to bail the water of indecision.

Cheers
My confronting the arrogance of your war footing"? What the heck does that mean?

It looks to me like you've made some statements that you are now unwilling to back up with scripture. The people with the theology you're objecting to have asked you to post your objections with the theology in question, and you answer with "A sophistication in the use of the mother tongue is oftentimes required for a usable comprehension of intended meaning".

With those kinds of comments are you really expecting to have a serious Biblical dialog here? :scratch:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LeeS said:
My confronting the arrogance of your war footing"? What the heck does that mean?

It looks to me like you've made some statements that you are now unwilling to back up with scripture. You've been asked to post your objections with the theology in question, yet throw out only silly sounding comments that make us :scratch: and tell us the only way you are able to debate is by "A sophistication in the use of the mother tongue is oftentimes required for a usable comprehension of intended meaning". :scratch:
Thank you LeeS.
Tentmaker... I join with LeeS and Snup, and for a third time post my request for specifics:

Tentmaker said:

Refusal to at least respond will force me to conclude your posting to be little more than drive-by-shootings. I trust there is more to you than overly worded phrases and goundless accusations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
didaskalos said:
Thank you LeeS.
Tentmaker... I join with LeeS and Snup, and for a third time post my request for specifics:

Refusal to at least respond will force me to conclude your posting to be little more than drive-by-shootings. I trust there is more to you than overly worded phrases and goundless accusations.

Didaskalos,

You are asking of me that which you, as a moderator, know is not possible since I'm forbidden (as a newbie) to post external links in support of my charges.

Thus, your posts questioning my views of the asinine claptrap called Word-Faith theology amount to little more than word games on your part.

Cheers

Upvote 0

LeeS

aka SpiritPsalmist
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟1,025.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Tentmaker said:
Didaskalos,

You are asking of me that which you, as a moderator, know is not possible since I'm forbidden (as a newbie) to post external links in support of my charges.

Thus, your posts questioning my views of the asinine claptrap called Word-Faith theology amount to little more than word games on your part.

Cheers
:scratch: You can't answer because you cannot post a link? What does that have to do with the request to "Please list the foundational principles of the doctrine of Christ?",. I'm left with the impression that you don't have an answer without looking up what someone on another site says. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Tentmaker

Nov 11, 2003
So. Cal
✟233.00
Faith
Messianic
Word-Faith Theology:

#1. "Did you know that from the beginning of time the whole purpose of God was to reproduce Himself?…Who are you? Come on, who are you? Come on, say it: ‘Sons of God!’ Come on, say it! And what does work inside us, brother, is that manifestation of the expression of all that God is and all that God has. And when we stand up here, brother, you’re not looking at Morris Cerullo; you’re looking at God. You’re looking at Jesus." (Morris Cerullo, The Endtime Manifestation of the Sons of God, (San Diego: Morris Cerullo World Evangelism, n.d.), audiotape 1, sides1 & 2.

Upvote 0

victoryword

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
✟20,370.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Tentmaker said:
Word-Faith Theology:

#1. "Did you know that from the beginning of time the whole purpose of God was to reproduce Himself?…Who are you? Come on, who are you? Come on, say it: ‘Sons of God!’ Come on, say it! And what does work inside us, brother, is that manifestation of the expression of all that God is and all that God has. And when we stand up here, brother, you’re not looking at Morris Cerullo; you’re looking at God. You’re looking at Jesus." (Morris Cerullo, The Endtime Manifestation of the Sons of God, (San Diego: Morris Cerullo World Evangelism, n.d.), audiotape 1, sides1 & 2.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen. 1:26-27)

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (Rom. 8:29)

Upvote 0

LeeS

aka SpiritPsalmist
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟1,025.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Tentmaker said:
Word-Faith Theology:

Tentmaker,

The question was not "give me a list of what someone on another site says someone in the WOF said", it was "Please list the foundational principles of the doctrine of Christ?". You told one of these people that "Failure to recognize and act according to foundational principles of Christianity mutates attempted discussions into execrations". So please, tell what it is that has not been recognized and acted accordingly to.

I believe also though, that what you've listed above is already addressed in another post in this thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.