• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

wooo! who's good!

LightInDarkPlaces

Jun 10, 2007
In the States, but I belong in Ireland.
✟8,101.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Last night I handed over my yayo, my weed, my tiny cannabis garden, my cigarettes, my razorblades, and other paraphanalia to my parents and I talked with them and explained (to the best of my terrified ability) why I felt I need to resort back to drugs and other self-harming behaviors so that they can better understand and try to get me what I need to be safe and healthy. Also, when I told my brother about what I did, he told me that he was done with weed and that he never wanted to touch it again in his life. I also asked him to promise me that if he ever caught me doing anything I shouldn't to rat me out. I may hate him in the moment, but he'll be saving me when I can't save myself.

Pray for us--it'll be an ugly, long haul, but we've been down the road before, and at least this time, I want to let myself be guided by what's right!

Love, Loyalty, and Friendship,
Lizzie

P.S.
Those of you who haven't seen the Harry Potter movie yet, GO!!! IT'S AWESOME!

Reactions: notwrapped

notwrapped

Legend
Jul 4, 2007
✟97,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God Bless you Lizzie.I salute you (and your bro) for what you have done.Really takes some guts to take that first step.Now keep following through. You can't go wrong walking the "Path of Light" towards Jesus.There is plenty of support out there if you seek it out.As your nick says there is Light in dark Places.

May God strengthen and sustain you in your journey
You will be in my prayers.
Larry

Upvote 0

saraharms1

Aug 31, 2006
MacTown, Texas
✟8,168.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I wanna congradulate you on this. That took real guts. You knew you needed help and did exactly what you should to get it! When I struggled with all the same things I was caught before anything was done about it. You took control of your life and took care of it and that shows great strength!

I'll be praying for you and your family!!!

Upvote 0

TrinityLives

Jul 24, 2007
East Bay, California
✟7,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hugs and Prayers to you!!!
As you know now is the hard part. The enemy will try everything in his power to get afoothold on you and your family!
Be strong and aware of thoughts that aren't of God.
Get to a support group be is NA or Celebrate Recovery and start working the steps.
I love Celebrate Recovery personally, they use scripture to guide you through your steps.
I have worked with a group to do the steps ( they have step workbooks).
All of us addicted to other things have a reason. Be it something from our past or present and once we bring it to the light we can work on it and be rid of it.
THAT is why working those steps are so important. To see why, deal with why, and learn how , with Christ, we can recover and be strong.

My Prayers are with you

PM me anytime or hit me up on Yahoo IM ( CureEndoNow)

Hugs

Upvote 0