• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am addicted to inappropriate content. Its time I face it.

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟43,670.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am typing this in a rather frantic state, so be warned, i dont know how clear this will be.

I have spent the last 2 years trying to get my inappropriate content addiction under control and I just CANT. I am DAMNING myself due to my weakness. I have tried everything from website blockers to just "manning up" and controlling the urges. Yet nothing works. I developed this addiction in childhood and I am reaping what ive sown now. God has been SO patient with me, and yet I keep failing him! I keep turning away! I want to stop!! But I can't! If I could press a freaking button that would eliminate my sex drive I would hit it in a heartbeat. I don't care about sex, I just want to stop failing God. Please, someone HELP.

Reactions: Albatro55

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Start by increasing the amount of time you spend in prayer and Bible reading. The Bible promises:

Mark 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Spending time with Jesus gives you access to power you would otherwise not have.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go to a 'spirit filled' church stay there, if you can get help from some minister the better.
The way to win over this stuff, i think is constant prayer until God breaks your 'addiction'.
Don't give up, and don't get discouraged by failing, keep asking God to help you.
It worked for me, i was a slave to this stuff, i got angry lots of times at myself but couldn't stop.
Now it has been years since last watched that garbage for the spirit.

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

He is providing you with an escape. Look for it when temped.

Matthew 6:9-13 KJV
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

Albatro55

Feb 14, 2024
Midwest
✟1,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The fact that you admit your problem is a necessary and HUGE step towards recovery.
My advice as someone who's been there with a different addiction, is get professional help.
Treat it as an addiction, and don't be ashamed.
Find yourself a licensed addiction counselor and schedule an appointment. It might take more than one attempt to find a therapist that's right for you, but don't get frustrated ! If it's something that you really want to overcome then be tenacious and don't give up.
God Bless You and you'll be in my prayers.

Upvote 0