Wondering What I Did Wrong

unlovable1

Jun 18, 2013
✟7,874.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Recently, I went on what could be considered a date. However, I had told the truth about being between jobs at that time when they asked. I did try to let them know through voicemail once I got a job since they wouldn't return their calls and I didn't know if they were still on vacation. However, it's been long enough now that I'm convinced they're just not returning my calls. I don't know why they would have offered to see a movie the next time if they had no interest in meeting me again at all.

I really am starting to feel hopeless since I'm getting closer to 31 and it feels like my face scares people off. I also remember on Christian Mingle as soon as I posted a picture of my face people stopped talking to me. It's hard not to feel ugly and I have trouble maintaining confidence in my faith since this wait has been so agonizing while it seems so easy for everyone else. Why do I have to wait so long while everyone else seems to have the easiest time getting into relationships? And I didn't think my face was that bad, but apparently, everyone else does.

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I can empathize with that second paragraph. I feel myself saying to God, "If You're improving and preparing me and my mate for each other, let's get a move-on!" I can't deny that I get irritated when I see people who wouldn't give God a second glance having a seemingly easy time getting hitched.

But we have to keep in mind that God isn't some cosmic practical joker who toys with us just for the heck of it. He has our best interests in mind.

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
But we have to keep in mind that God isn't some cosmic practical joker who toys with us just for the heck of it.

But if it looks like an apple, tastes like an apple, and smells like an apple...maybe it is indeed an apple.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, I say if they aren't responding then you know they aren't interested in you for what every reason. So forget her and go find another date. Spending time thinking about one who isn't interested is time not spent finding the one that is. I've heard women who have been on 100 dates in 3 or 4 months. There are going to be a lot of people we just don't click with, so on to the next date. This next one might be the one.

Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
too many people still preoccupied with trying to find husbands and wives when God's not in it. if God wanted people together He would give the drive and the person to engage with. i'm happy with JEsus.

He does give the drive--the sex drive.

And it's good that you put Christ first, but can He provide you with intimacy, children, or walk with you hand-in-hand through the park the way a wife can?

Upvote 0

stephanieamber

i am gonna love like you've never seen.
Jan 6, 2009
#upperleftusa
Visit site
✟14,418.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
i'll just step in and give an unpopular but honest opinion.

as a girl who works a lot (not a workaholic so much as two conflicting jobs, just to clarify) i honestly have no interest in dating someone who is not working. i understand that life happens and sometimes people get the short straw, but i don't want to start a relationship with someone where money could be an issue. it's an unstable foundation, and just the thought of it makes me anxious.

in addition, my thought is: isn't it more worth your time and energy to be focused solely on a job, without the added pressure of a girlfriend or feeling the need to provide?

this has nothing to do with you, and i don't mean it to be a discouragement. i just wanted you to know that the job thing might hold more weight than anything else.

Upvote 0
T

trentlogain2

He does give the drive--the sex drive.

And it's good that you put Christ first, but can He provide you with intimacy, children, or walk with you hand-in-hand through the park the way a wife can?
spiritually, yes He can.

so many people seek relationships with the opposite sex out of fear, loneliness, and lust. when I say Jesus puts it in peoples hearts to seek a companion, He does just that. I'm willing to say that when God does it, He does it right and things work out.

Upvote 0

AmericanSamurai

the super dry member
Sep 24, 2012
America
✟17,238.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I really am starting to feel hopeless since I'm getting closer to 31 and it feels like my face scares people off. I also remember on Christian Mingle as soon as I posted a picture of my face people stopped talking to me.

Well are you talking ugly as in Quasimodo ugly, or more closer to like George Costanza ugly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2bituser

Recently, I went on what could be considered a date. However, I had told the truth about being between jobs at that time when they asked. I did try to let them know through voicemail once I got a job since they wouldn't return their calls and I didn't know if they were still on vacation. However, it's been long enough now that I'm convinced they're just not returning my calls. I don't know why they would have offered to see a movie the next time if they had no interest in meeting me again at all.

I really am starting to feel hopeless since I'm getting closer to 31 and it feels like my face scares people off. I also remember on Christian Mingle as soon as I posted a picture of my face people stopped talking to me. It's hard not to feel ugly and I have trouble maintaining confidence in my faith since this wait has been so agonizing while it seems so easy for everyone else. Why do I have to wait so long while everyone else seems to have the easiest time getting into relationships? And I didn't think my face was that bad, but apparently, everyone else does.

Marriage is hardly the domain of supermodels. Ugly people - or mere mortals - get married all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maka

Dec 4, 2012
✟21,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Post a picture of your face so we can all see what you look like.

I think this is a bad idea!

Speaking of yo momma, did anyone see that Kmart commercial where the kids are doing it in a positive way about back to school clothes? Lol I love that! ^_^ It's so cute! :sorry:

Upvote 0