Fort Lauderdale
✟23,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know they have flaws just like everyone else but living by Christ standards they shouldn’t resemble the world too much either but I don’t want to have unrealistic standards for them either.

Should I expect Christian women to play alot of games like worldly women ?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know they have flaws just like everyone else but living by Christ standards they shouldn’t resemble the world too much either but I don’t want to have unrealistic standards for them either.

Games? Please clarify. Thanks.
Blessings

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No, you really shouldn't. Although I'm a thorough going realist where human nature is concerned, when I was looking for a wife, I still had Proverbs 31 generally in mind.

And yes, I found a women very much like that. And yes, I acknowledge every day that I'm blessed because I know that such women are often difficult to find. I'm also very much aware that I don't exactly deserve her, but somehow, she feels loves me just the same.

So no, you should't have to put up with "mind games"....................... of any sort.

On the other hand, just remember that the right woman for you shouldn't have to put up with "men's games" either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,655.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Expect they will be more focused on marriage/children, will much more frequently work as nurses or teachers and will probably say they want to wait till marriage (only few will keep the word - or did in the past - though). They can be involved in various church activities (sometimes too much).

Other than that, there is not much difference compared to common population. It also depends what kind of Christian dating (liberal, conservative, from what denomination, if she is from a Christian family or a new believer etc) you will go for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Expect they will be more focused on marriage/children, will much more frequently work as nurses or teachers and will probably say they want to wait till marriage (only few will keep the word - or did in the past - though). They can be involved in various church activities (sometimes too much).

Other than that, there is not much difference compared to common population. It also depends what kind of Christian dating (liberal, conservative, from what denomination, if she is from a Christian family or a new believer etc) you will go for.
Great insight. Can you give an example of being involved in too many Church activities ?

And what should I expect from a new believer?

And how should I expect them to treat me when dating ?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,655.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you give an example of being involved in too many Church activities ?
I cannot think of anything specific now (its quite a long time I was dating somebody involved in church activities), but generally, when it interferes with your relationship, plans and goals.

And what should I expect from a new believer?
Secular mindset and morality, mixed with beginnings of Christianity. Danger of being unstable or insecure - either leaving the faith or being easily manipulated by some Christians (frequently other women or pastors, various church leaders...), cults, sects. No good examples of working Christian life, therefore various confusion about relationship, marriage, values. Being still influenced a lot by her old lifestyle and habits, for example social apps. Be careful with new believers.

And how should I expect them to treat me when dating ?
This is individual. Rather define for yourself what you want and then look for it. In any case, realize that dating is just a temporary thing, many Christian women will want it to transform to marriage and family quite soon and will start to be dissatisfied if it stagnates and does not lead to their goals. It may lead to common surprise in men "What happened? Everything is as it was, but she appears to be changing".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The test of any good relationship is if you both help one another become close to Christ. Sure there are ups and downs but in the end you should be better. Though unequally yoked is a term typically used between believers and unbelievers, two Christians with large differences in their walk God can be difficult in a relationship. I would expect that you find someone somewhat similar in your love and service to God. This does not mean you will believe or even have the same knowledge but your attitudes toward God likely will be similar.

Aside from all the potential biblical characteristics I think that the Holy Spirit can show you in advance certain things so that you can better recognize potential mates. When I was young and more naive I had a list of like twenty characteristics. I suppose God can fulfill such a list but putting two hearts together is not based so much on what characteristics that we find attractive but more on what really will work physically, mentally, emotionally and how that combines into a spiritual "oneness." If you want a destiny encounter for a mate I would ask for that. Such an encounter means you have some sense from the Holy Spirit certain characteristics, possibly location, occupation, etc. Such encounters occur for sharing the gospel, friends, possibly jobs etc, but there are ones for finding a mate. Isaac and Rebekah were not random. God had that all pre-planned even using others to help. Too many shut off potential mates due to their "screening process" which may also include convenience as a factor. I guess that is fine but it increases your chances of ordinary, rather than extraordinary. I went beyond the scope of your question but hopefully there is something that might helpful.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I cannot think of anything specific now (its quite a long time I was dating somebody involved in church activities), but generally, when it interferes with your relationship, plans and goals.

Secular mindset and morality, mixed with beginnings of Christianity. Danger of being unstable or insecure - either leaving the faith or being easily manipulated by some Christians (frequently other women or pastors, various church leaders...), cults, sects. No good examples of working Christian life, therefore various confusion about relationship, marriage, values. Being still influenced a lot by her old lifestyle and habits, for example social apps. Be careful with new believers.

This is individual. Rather define for yourself what you want and then look for it. In any case, realize that dating is just a temporary thing, many Christian women will want it to transform to marriage and family quite soon and will start to be dissatisfied if it stagnates and does not lead to their goals. It may lead to common surprise in men "What happened? Everything is as it was, but she appears to be changing".
I noticed this with alot of Christian women these days they want to get married quick and in a committed relationship fast but some are still fickle about commitment.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Respectful and pure conduct, kindness, honest, not overly made up, dresses conservatively, cares about others, has financial matters under control. Enjoys spending time with the Lord and talks about Him a lot.

Nobody is perfect that's for sure ... but all of us should be striving for it.

Yes ... many women do play games ... take time to get to know them ... if they tend to play games ... it will be revealed over time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Respectful and pure conduct, kindness, honest, not overly made up, dresses conservatively, cares about others, has financial matters under control. Enjoys spending time with the Lord and talks about Him a lot.

Nobody is perfect that's for sure ... but all of us should be striving for it.

Yes ... many women do play games ... take time to get to know them ... if they tend to play games ... it will be revealed over time.
Should I expect alot of games from a real Godly women ?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I noticed this with alot of Christian women these days they want to get married quick and in a committed relationship fast but some are still fickle about commitment.
I would say not to date someone who is in a hurry. Get to know them in small groups in house church. Don't get isolated with someone on dates.

You both need more mature people to feed you, not just to share with one another.

No, I do not think a genuine Christian lady will play games with you.

But be careful, because a con artist can know how to act honest and accountable and straightforward. And a woman with some dignity can act real, but not because she is maturing in Jesus. So, it is good to trust God to guide you according to all He knows is true and what He wants with you.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 31:30. Loves God.
Proverbs 31:25. Strong and wise.
Deuteronomy chapter 6. Takes responsibility to teach children God's laws and provisions.
Titus 2:3. Decency and honesty.
Humility.
First Timothy 2:9 to 15. Modesty.
2 Timothy chapter 3. Knows God's word.

These qualities are difficult to find in women. A Christian is Blessed if one finds such Christian woman.

The world is, do your brother before he does you. Look at our heathen court system.

My advice. Stay single.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,507,481.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think the main trait you should expect from godly women is that they are conscious of being spiritual works in progress, and willing to engage in that work.

As for games, my main comment (as someone who's now not a particularly young woman, and with a good stint of marriage experience) is that young women who are dating are still learning how relationships work, how to be in a relationship and how to respond to men in relationships. Game playing may be what they've had modelled to them, or part of the process of doing that learning. And if you include indecisiveness in game playing, it may be that they simply don't even know themselves well enough yet to be clear about what they want. I don't think it necessarily has to be a deal-breaker if you see evidence that she is, in fact, learning and growing in maturity.

Dishonesty, though, (although I'd allow for some caveats here), is more of a concern and I don't know that you need to expect (or tolerate) it from any potential romantic interest.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think the main trait you should expect from godly women is that they are conscious of being spiritual works in progress, and willing to engage in that work.

As for games, my main comment (as someone who's now not a particularly young woman, and with a good stint of marriage experience) is that young women who are dating are still learning how relationships work, how to be in a relationship and how to respond to men in relationships. Game playing may be what they've had modelled to them, or part of the process of doing that learning. And if you include indecisiveness in game playing, it may be that they simply don't even know themselves well enough yet to be clear about what they want. I don't think it necessarily has to be a deal-breaker if you see evidence that she is, in fact, learning and growing in maturity.

Dishonesty, though, (although I'd allow for some caveats here), is more of a concern and I don't know that you need to expect (or tolerate) it from any potential romantic interest.

Your right they should understand themselves and want to continue to grow in their maturity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What does "dating" mean to you?

Upvote 0