Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
There is a double standard that pagans aren't marked as violent savages like Muslims though the pagan eat humans and drink the blood of little children. But I'm hazarding a guess that pagans like yourself will call the pagans of Liberia "not a true pagan."

I'm offended that the CIA tried to recruit these drug fueled raping cannibals to actually fight for the United States in Iraq (endangering innocent Muslim children and women had they actually gone to Iraq).

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube

You're seriously comparing psychotic warlords to Pagans? Do you even have a clue?

What are you talking about? Did you read the article?

I've read several articles on it from several sources and in each and every one - there are witnesses to prior altercations between the 2 with the murderer always threatening to kill the witch - why? For being a Witch.
Just because law enforcement is so terrified of sparking another Ferguson doesn't mean the motive isn't as clear as the sunny Nevada skies.

Does the bible say to kill witches?

Yup OT

To non-believers, that looks like poppycock. If parts don't apply, perhaps we should publish Bibles with disclaimers on those "rejected" passages. And then there's that "All scripture is profitable..." thingy.

We cannot quote-mine the Quran and then complain when someone does the same for the Bible. Well, we can, but don't expect credibility.

Christians quote mine their own "doesn't apply" OT all the time...
they pull all of the OT scriptures for denouncing homosexuality and witchcraft and ignore all the ones about diet, clothing, cleanliness, polygamy, rape victims marrying their rapists... oh and tattoos and piercings...'cause those are "cool"

Some Christians could do with a heap of study on ceremonial law versus moral law, as well.
add the constitution of the US to that list too ;)

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've read several articles on it from several sources and in each and every one - there are witnesses to prior altercations between the 2 with the murderer always threatening to kill the witch - why? For being a Witch.
Just because law enforcement is so terrified of sparking another Ferguson doesn't mean the motive isn't as clear as the sunny Nevada skies.

What in the world does this have to do with Ferguson? That's really reaching. How about sharing those sources that clearly establish a motive?

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
here's the google search results for those with the energy to demand but not pursue themselves:

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=oklahoma teen nearly beheaded

So all your sources, which say exactly the same thing, fail to give a motive. As I thought, you got nothing. BTW, if you make some comment as a fact you should back it up, not insult the other person for asking you to back it up.

"At this point, the motive for the murder is still unclear."

"The official motive for the killing has not been revealed."

"Dickerson said religion was “not pertinent” to the murder case, the Tulsa World reported."

"Marin said he had fantasized about killing four or five people"

"The affidavit states that he began “rambling about sacrificing and magic.”"

"Isaiah reportedly followed him saying he “would explain why he killed Jacob from letters he would write while he was in prison.”"

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Graphic: New details released in near-beheading murder of Stillwater teen, one in custody | KFOR.com

He says Isaiah followed him, trying to calm him down and “would explain why he killed Jacob from letters he would write while he was in prison.”

Samuel told police Crockett and Isaiah had disagreements in the past.

He said Jacob Crockett and his brother, Jesse, “were practicing witchcraft and Isaiah had strong Christian beliefs.”

Man with ?strong Christian beliefs? nearly decapitates son of Oklahoma state trooper in grisly murder: cops - NY Daily News
But later on, the witness heard a noise “described as the sounds of someone getting stabbed,” and looked up to see blood pouring from Crockett’s chest and Marin holding the blade, according to the court document.

Man beheaded in grisly Oklahoma murder
KOKH - Oklahoma City, OK

Marin reportedly had feuded with Crockett in the past because the victim was practicing witchcraft, the document said.

The brother fled, but Marin follow and tried to calm him down, promising to explain why he killed Crockett in letters from jail, the affidavit said.

‘Religious zealot’ nearly beheads teen ‘witch’ after watching Christian videos: police

His brother told him to be careful, and then he told police that Marin stabbed Crockett in the chest.

Marin’s brother said the suspect had argued with Crockett in the past because the victim and his brother, Jesse, “were practicing witchcraft and Isaiah had strong Christian beliefs.”

really....you can miss that from those links?

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Brigid48

Aug 8, 2014
USA
✟1,137.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
One doesn't need to quote-mine the Quran, though. It's pretty much consistent in terms of what to do with the infidels.

And no one is rejecting passages. If a state has a law that it's illegal to ride a motorcycle without a helmet but then changes that law to make it legal, how many people will scream and holler and point to the old law and say "that's the law!!"
Lady, your bible literally says "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live", and also literally says Jesus did not come to change the law, not one "jot or tittle". It's hilarious how some christians desperate to get away from their deity's barbaric commands make things up in this way.

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lady, your bible literally says "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live", and also literally says Jesus did not come to change the law, not one "jot or tittle". It's hilarious how some christians desperate to get away from their deity's barbaric commands make things up in this way.

Woman, it's hilarious how some people literally go around trying to tell other people what it is they believe and how scriptures are interpreted in the Christian context. Clearly, you don't know.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,694.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Mosaic "law" was a covenant. The correct word is covenant. A covenant is a contractual agreement between two parties. Each party owes the other certain items of performance. When those items have been completed, the covenant is completed.

Jesus said:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. -- Matthew 5

Notice that Jesus also included the Prophets--prophesies.

Jesus did not abrogate the covenant between God and the Israelites--he did not "abolish" it. He completed all the items of performance that God owed the Israelites. He made the "final payment" of the contract. He also fulfilled the prophesies.

Christians are not under that old covenant. As the New Covenant itself says:

But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises....

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another....

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear. -- Hebrews 8

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unbelievers can not read the bible and understand unless the holy spirit is guiding them.
And when someone excepts Jesus as savior and God then they know scripture is Truth, but then must learn the the difference between the old covent and the new.
The new: love god with all your heart mind and soul, love your neighbor..even your enemy.
The OT is your history lesson.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

It's hilarious how you think you know what the bible says. I bet all you did was google "jot or tittle". Keywords will get you nowhere.

Once you've done an indepth study of the whole bible, context, and using the old texts, come and see me.

Ta ta!

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Woman, it's hilarious how some people literally go around trying to tell other people what it is they believe and how scriptures are interpreted in the Christian context. Clearly, you don't know.

The Mosaic "law" was a covenant. The correct word is covenant. A covenant is a contractual agreement between two parties. Each party owes the other certain items of performance. When those items have been completed, the covenant is completed.

Jesus said:

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. -- Matthew 5

Notice that Jesus also included the Prophets--prophesies.

Jesus did not abrogate the covenant between God and the Israelites--he did not "abolish" it. He completed all the items of performance that God owed the Israelites. He made the "final payment" of the contract. He also fulfilled the prophesies.

Christians are not under that old covenant. As the New Covenant itself says:

But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises....

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another....

By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear. -- Hebrews 8

Unbelievers can not read the bible and understand unless the holy spirit is guiding them.
And when someone excepts Jesus as savior and God then they know scripture is Truth, but then must learn the the difference between the old covent and the new.
The new: love god with all your heart mind and soul, love your neighbor..even your enemy.
The OT is your history lesson.

It's hilarious how you think you know what the bible says. I bet all you did was google "jot or tittle". Keywords will get you nowhere.

Once you've done an indepth study of the whole bible, context, and using the old texts, come and see me.

Ta ta!

I love how people see a pagan icon and ASSUME that the person was always pagan.

I wasn't....I was raised in a fundamental baptist school became a pagan as a teenager - went back to the church for several years - so long in fact that when I returned to Witch self, my youngest daughter was *SHOCKED* she couldn't believe that her mother could have ever been a Witch let alone return to being one...

You might Preacher'sWife can also confirm that at one point, I was a site administrator here at CF.

Never assume the lack of knowledge on the "other team" I've found in most cases I know more and have a deeper understanding of Scripture and its meanings and references than some preachers.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I assume no such thing. However, when people try to tell me what I believe and the group of which I am a part, when they clearly don't know what they're talking about, then I am perfectly within my rights to call them on it. I make it a point to know what my faith teaches. If I didn't believe what the Orthodox Church taught, then I wouldn't be Orthodox. It's that or nothing with me. Honestly, some former Christians know about what Christianity teaches, while others obviously don't know much about their former confession, and most certainly don't know about Orthodoxy (and the same goes for Christians- some have a clue and others are rather clueless). Some of the comments made in this thread have demonstrated a lack of understanding of basic Christian beliefs.

BTW- why are you responding to posts made to another person and not yourself? Context is everything sometimes.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

I wasn't....I was raised in a fundamental baptist school became a pagan as a teenager - went back to the church for several years - so long in fact that when I returned to Witch self, my youngest daughter was *SHOCKED* she couldn't believe that her mother could have ever been a Witch let alone return to being one...

You might Preacher'sWife can also confirm that at one point, I was a site administrator here at CF.

Never assume the lack of knowledge on the "other team" I've found in most cases I know more and have a deeper understanding of Scripture and its meanings and references than some preachers.

Given that you have switched sides, I don't buy the last paragraph one bit. Obviously you disagree on points of scripture with someone like my husband, but I would consider him far more learned than you. One who studies the scriptures and walks away from God has not really studied the scriptures - they have merely looked for something to advocate or affirm something and when they don't find it, they walk away.

But I will vouch and say that Gweny was a site adminstrator here and staff must be Christian to serve. We were all very saddened by her deconversion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ta ta!

You object, rightfully, that nonbelievers and less-learned believers are not qualified to make broad, sweeping statements about scripture. Then, why is the standard different when Christians discuss Islam and the Quran? How do we that have not studied Islam in the great depth get to tell Muslims what they should believe about their own religion?

Perhaps that log in our collective eye gets in the way.

And, remember that no Muslim nation or group is routinely capable of bombing our homes and land. They are not using smart bombs against us. The American deaths at the hands of Islamists have been almost entirely on their lands during invasions and military occupations. It's easy to sit in our stable and secure (by comparison) homes and cast symbolic stones and puff up ourselves as peace-lovers.

Upvote 0

ThisBrotherOfHis

Dec 17, 2013
On the cusp of the Border War
✟2,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You can stand in a garage, but that doesn't make you a car.

You can be raised in a church school, got to services and even serve as a site administrator on a Christian forum. That does not make you a Christian. You can have all the head knowledge and secular insight into Scripture that is humanly possible and still be as lost as Ishmael. That's what Charles Stanley would call being "18 inches from salvation."

If you truly understood the Scriptures at a spiritual level, you wouldn't be who you think you are.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
You can stand in a garage, but that doesn't make you a car.

You can be raised in a church school, got to services and even serve as a site administrator on a Christian forum. That does not make you a Christian. You can have all the head knowledge and secular insight into Scripture that is humanly possible and still be as lost as Ishmael. That's what Charles Stanley would call being "18 inches from salvation."

If you truly understood the Scriptures at a spiritual level, you wouldn't be who you think you are.

I just discovered the lie hidden within all that "mystery"
I saw it demonstrated repeatedly - in the church - in the lives of those who "embrace" christianity - and to an even higher degree here.

and was made ill by it - the lack of compassion, love, caring, empathy all wrapped in a cloak of scripture and doctrine.

Your Christ states to love your neighbor - and most of what is shown to others is a velvet sheathed knife usually planted in someone's back.

I see congregations "kill" their clergy, stab at each other with gossip and malice, condone domestic violence counseling women to go home and "be a better wife", way too many men attempting to "lead" when they haven't gotten themselves in order (inappropriate content, drinking, drugs, whatever)

You reach a point where the "not perfect but forgiven" rings trite - and becomes the excuse to stop trying to be better - the lack of accountability, personal responsibility (after all - original sin isn't yours is it? You're just the victim of mother Eve).

I fully admit I'm not perfect- but I own my mistakes - and don't for one second truly believe that pap of
"if you truly had a heart knowledge of Christ and the Scriptures instead of head knowledge you wouldn't be who you think you are today"

I can tell you - that heart knowledge was there - I was the silver put repeatedly into the fire for purification, I was the Dorcas who fed and clothed the poor and served her community, I was the living sacrifice ... until I realized that sacrifice was worth more.

I stood up, walked off that altar, looked at the Patriarchal nightmare that was perpetuated by Rome and survives in protestantism and realized that most christians aren't christians - they worship like saints on Sundays and live like the devil the rest of the week - they sit in judgement and wrap it up in what is supposed to be a pretty bow of "counseling and Truth" but their hearts are cruel, and they judge more often than not based on their own false "discernment" which in truth is assumption on their part.

I am done with that discernment, usually based on gossip and lies, and the destructive nature it has on the helpless victims of the congregation. And I mean helpless - as it usually arrives in the form of a Deacon, Deacon's wife, the Pastor or his wife, or some other figure that is looked up to, respected, regarded as a "good christian" when in fact they are poison incarnate.

I've returned to my Witchy roots - they make sense, they don't demean women to a status of chattel, nor do they require a man to rule over me, especially when he has no knowledge - heart, head, moral or otherwise, to do so.

Charles Stanley has some amazing teachings and insights - I believe him to be a true man of God - too bad most who quote him have little insight or understanding of what he's actually trying to communicate. Another who's insight always struck me as ringing true - Charles Spurgeon unfortunately many miss the point of his teachings as well...

And on that note - be well... and watch what you assume to be discernment...it's most assuredly fallible.

Upvote 0