OK AG to Lay Out Evidence in Charter Schools' Multi-Million Dollar Embezzlement Case: largest abuse of OK taxpayer dollars ever

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

AG to Lay Out Evidence in Epic’s Multi-Million Dollar Embezzlement Case

Investigators say two men at the helm of Epic Charter Schools defrauded taxpayers out of tens of millions of dollars over a decade. Details of the scheme, which the state auditor called the largest abuse of taxpayer dollars in Oklahoma history, will be unveiled in court this week.

Chaney and Harris founded Epic in 2010 and contracted with their own for-profit company, Epic Youth Services, to manage the school for 10% of all revenue. That fee exceeded the state’s 5% cap on school administration expenses.

Chaney was also the school’s superintendent until 2019, allowing him to negotiate contracts and control the school’s finances. Brock was the chief financial officer of both the school and the company, which gave him the authority to handle both sides of financial transactions between Epic and the management company.

• Wow
Reactions: wing2000

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If he had been better than just an "OK AG" he probably would have brought actual charges...

I'll see myself out.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If he had been better than just an "OK AG" he probably would have brought actual charges...

I'll see myself out.
This is what happens when the “do-you-know-who-I-know?” defense is expected to be employed.

Upvote 0