Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Oklahoma Teen Hacked To Death, Nearly Beheaded By "Religious Zealot" Obsessed With Witchcraft | Crime Feed

Based on the information Marin was giving officers, they had to back track and figure out where the murder scene was. Eventually, investigators found the apartment where the killing took place. Inside authorities found the body of 19-year-old Jacob Andrew Crockett (right). Reports said he had been nearly decapitated.

Crockett is the son of an Oklahoma Highway Patrol Trooper.

Police do not believe, as of now, accoding to KFOR, that the murder has any relation to the Islamic extremists beheadings. But authorities did say, according to Fox Oklahoma, that Marin did fantasize about killing four or five other people and that he did target the victim. KFOR reports that according to court records, the victim believed that the suspect may have practicing witchcraft.

thoughts?

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's hard to see how “heavy drug user” and “religious zealot” go together. It's seems early for speculation since they don't have a motive yet, but the guy definitely seems deranged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brigid48

Aug 8, 2014
USA
✟1,137.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
It's hard to see how “heavy drug user” and “religious zealot” go together.
No, it is not.

It's seems early for speculation since they don't have a motive yet, but the guy definitely seems deranged.
His motive was to kill the witch that his Bible told him to "suffer not" to live.

He was a Christian zealot, who regularly spoke and wrote about his faith, who had argued with this person in the past for practicing witchcraft. and then he killed them.

Upvote 0

Brigid48

Aug 8, 2014
USA
✟1,137.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Well, as he's a Christian he'll get called "not a true Christian", "Crazy", etc.. Not "terrorist" like that muslim guy that chopped someone's head off at his old workplace two months ago, nosiree, that guy was a terrorist and definitely a Muslim. (IOW, we will see blatant double standards held for this recent one because he's Christian and not Muslim).

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, it is not.

His motive was to kill the witch that his Bible told him to "suffer not" to live.

He was a Christian zealot, who regularly spoke and wrote about his faith, who had argued with this person in the past for practicing witchcraft. and then he killed them.

Good thing he wasn't an extremist. :doh:Then he might makes us Christians look bad.:cool:

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, as he's a Christian he'll get called "not a true Christian", "Crazy", etc.. Not "terrorist" like that muslim guy that chopped someone's head off at his old workplace two months ago, nosiree, that guy was a terrorist and definitely a Muslim. (IOW, we will see blatant double standards held for this recent one because he's Christian and not Muslim).

Part of my reason for posting the article -
the double standard -
he's a christian so it's just that he's "mentally ill"
It wasn't motivated by religious differences (ie suffer not a witch to live) so it couldn't possibly be a "hate crime". After all this isn't the first witch to be murdered in the name of God...sadly not the last either.

I'm not a big "burning times" fluff bunny - but this... this needs to be called what it is!!!

This was a young male witch, the son of a state trooper, who played in a garage band, who practiced his Craft and was killed for it.

So much for freedom of religion if when you are murdered for it, the motivation is brushed under the rug as meaningless due to mental illness/drug addiction.

Upvote 0

Brigid48

Aug 8, 2014
USA
✟1,137.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
the double standard -
It wasn't motivated by religious differences (ie suffer not a witch to live) so it couldn't possibly be a "hate crime". After all this isn't the first witch to be murdered in the name of God...sadly not the last either.

I'm not a big "burning times" fluff bunny - but this... this needs to be called what it is!!!

This was a young male witch, the son of a state trooper, who played in a garage band, who practiced his Craft and was killed for it.

So much for freedom of religion if when you are murdered for it, the motivation is brushed under the rug as meaningless due to mental illness/drug addiction.
Truth

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Boy I can just hear the huge ax grinding away in that post. :eye roll:

the double standard -
More like the entire reason. If not, what's the other reason?

Christians are not immune to mental illness FYI, though whether this is all or in part due to mental illness is not immediately clear either way. Clearly this kid has severe issues regardless. Heavy drug use is the other obvious problem here.

It wasn't motivated by religious differences
Then why are you hyping on him being a Christian?

Is that supposed to make any sense? Who is "brushing this under the rug?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Boy I can just hear the huge ax grinding away in that post. :eye roll:

sarcasm isn't very becoming, compassionate, or loving.

More like the entire reason. If not, what's the other reason?

Awareness - American Christians cry persecution over December not only being about Christmas - They cry persecution of Spring not only being about Easter - they cry persecution over not being able to pray in school (only muslims can do that! LOL) and the list goes on of the "christian persecution".

I beg to differ.

The persecutions going on are atrocities like the Christians in the middle east who are quite literally being slaughtered. Or the young witches being nearly beheaded, or the 7 women burned alive in East Africa having only been accused of being witches.

Americans have no idea of persecution. What you have here is "repression" something every faith BUT christianity has been dealing with since our slow out coming after the turn of the 20th century.

Christians are not immune to mental illness FYI, though whether this is all or in part due to mental illness is not immediately clear either way. Clearly this kid has severe issues regardless. Heavy drug use is the other obvious problem here.
Never said they were...and fact a study suggests that due to the criticism of the apostles and scripture when referring to the flesh has caused more mental illness and self esteem issues in the christian population than in all other religious populations combined.

Is that supposed to make any sense? Who is "brushing this under the rug?"

Law enforcement and the prosecutors so far - you'd know that if you'd actually read the article.

Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the double standard -

Nowhere in the New Testament does Jesus or the apostles teach to kill unbelievers.

Christians are taught to love the unbeliever, to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

If a so called person calls themselves christian but do not love, they are liars and are not of Jesus.

Upvote 0

SuperCloud

Sep 8, 2014
✟3,725.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

There is a double standard that pagans aren't marked as violent savages like Muslims though the pagan eat humans and drink the blood of little children. But I'm hazarding a guess that pagans like yourself will call the pagans of Liberia "not a true pagan."

I'm offended that the CIA tried to recruit these drug fueled raping cannibals to actually fight for the United States in Iraq (endangering innocent Muslim children and women had they actually gone to Iraq).

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the double standard -

When we start to see beheadings on a regular basis by Christians going after others like we have seen in the media with other groups? You might a point.

One isolated circumstance doesn't make your argument though. It just doesn't.

No one mentioned - that I read - that this boy's death was 'meaningless'. So it seems you are jumping to conclusions with that statement. I mean its AWFUL what happened!

You are jumping the gun a bit with your statements.

They zealot was crackers!

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,439.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So it appears to be your contention that he was a mentally stable person participating in a normal Christian act.

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it is not.

Yes it is.

The article says the motive was not established. How do you know so much?

Upvote 0

brewmama

Senior Veteran
Dec 14, 2002
Colorado
Visit site
✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the double standard -

Why does everyone jump the gun when the motive is not established?

Upvote 0