Win a debate against evolution every time.

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
florida2 said:
*Sigh*

Do some research, read some scientific journals (note, that doesn't include creationist websites)

Please provide a full critique of all the 'holes' in that article I posted, otherwise your post is meaningless.

I don't have to. Smidlee took care of that already.

May God Richly Bless you!

Upvote 0

jilfe

Jul 4, 2012
✟7,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Creationists websites ARE where the scientific evidences are at, because they are willing to put the science in its proper origin, with the Word of God, who created all science.

God created all science so start with HIM FIRST, then the science would not be flawed.
For only the Holy Spirit can show the truth about ALL scientific data.

When man tries to do it on his or her own, without God directing them, they will ALWAYS end up in error in there science,

because the Bible says that

.2Cor:4:4: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Rom:1:19: Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22: Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

That's why the only place where science is not flawed is to let the Holy Spirit direct all scientific studies then the science experts will have a foundational truth to work from.

Because God is above all science, He created it and He knows how it all works.
So any scientific studies done without the Holy Spirits guidance, will ultimately be flawed in there conclusions in accordance to this scripture verse,

21: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

So as it is written its easy to understasnd how worldly scientific data can be so flawed in its conclusions, because they take God out of the science.

If you Put God first, then the science will become clear to understand.

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Creationists websites ARE where the scientific evidences are at, because they are willing to put the science in its proper origin, with the Word of God, who created all science.

Science is not really science if you only accept evidence that agree's with the bible or disregard/discount that which does not.

Tell me, do you believe the world to be flat?

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
TheQuietRiot said:
Science is not really science if you only accept evidence that agree's with the bible or disregard/discount that which does not.

Tell me, do you believe the world to be flat?

Science is not science if it only considers natural causes and therefore has no answers for the original cause.

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Science is not science if it only considers natural causes and therefore has no answers for the original cause.

Science by definition is the study of the natural world (natural causes if you like)

What is the original cause of God?

(I expect you will say there is none)

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
TheQuietRiot said:
Science by definition is the study of the natural world (natural causes if you like)

Logic tells us that things with no beginning do not require a cause. God created everything, including time. He is not subject to His own creation.

Upvote 0

TheQuietRiot

indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Logic tells us that things with no beginning do not require a cause. God created everything, including time. He is not subject to His own creation.

The bolded part is merely special pleading.

Logic also tells us that things with no beginning do not exist.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Methodology for Handling Unknown Phenomena in Nature
Rule 1: We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances.

Rule 2: Therefore to the same natural effects we must, as far as possible, assign the same causes.

Rule 3: The qualities of bodies, which admit neither intensification nor remission of degrees, and which are found to belong to all bodies within the reach of our experiments, are to be esteemed the universal qualities of all bodies whatsoever.

Rule 4: In experimental philosophy we are to look upon propositions inferred by general induction from phenomena as accurately or very nearly true, not withstanding any contrary hypothesis that may be imagined, till such time as other phenomena occur, by which they may either be made more accurate, or liable to exceptions. Rules of Reasoning in Philosophy

According to Isaac Newton, given the rules articulated in Principia, any miracle would have to be treated as an exception and compared to other phenomena. At this point you are leaving the confines of natural phenomena because God doing what only God can do is the quintessential definition of a miracle. Naturalistic explanations are not required or even possible when God creates, the evidence has to be considered as revelation since inductive natural science reaches an impasse that is beyond it's scope.

One more thing and I think you know this. God is the Unmoved Mover, God exists in all eternity past, present and future. God is defined in this way and unless you are proposing that the definition of God is subject to revision the question you are asking is little more the a rhetorical device with the obvious answer already provided in no uncertain terms.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

jilfe

Jul 4, 2012
✟7,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God created all the science phenomena, natural causes, therefore, all science must line up with the Word of God, in order for the science to have it's true foundational studies.

To study science outside of believing in God, is always by default will end up in error,

according to as it is written:

2Cor:4:4: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

In all things especially when it comes to the studies of origins,

God needs to be first, as it is written:

1Pt:4:11: If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

jilfe

Jul 4, 2012
✟7,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Methodology for Handling Unknown Phenomena in Nature
According to Isaac Newton, given the rules articulated in Principia, any miracle would have to be treated as an exception and compared to other phenomena. At this point you are leaving the confines of natural phenomena because God doing what only God can do is the quintessential definition of a miracle. Naturalistic explanations are not required or even possible when God creates, the evidence has to be considered as revelation since inductive natural science reaches an impasse that is beyond it's scope.
One more thing and I think you know this. God is the Unmoved Mover, God exists in all eternity past, present and future. God is defined in this way and unless you are proposing that the definition of God is subject to revision the question you are asking is little more the a rhetorical device with the obvious answer already provided in no uncertain terms.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Wow, Mark,

That was so refreshing to read,

praise God for His wisdom given to you to share such good right to the point posts, that keeps God as the focus in these debating discussions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, Mark,

That was so refreshing to read,

praise God for His wisdom given to you to share such good right to the point posts, that keeps God as the focus in these debating discussions.

That's the dirty little secret here, it's not the detailed specifics of the scientific literature. Trust me I've read a lot of it. What it comes down to are the simplest things. Basic scientific method right at the point where it changed, Issac Newton's Principia. Then there's the obvious fact that there are no chimpanzee ancestors in the fossil record, think it's a coincidence that they are the closest to us anatomically in the animal kingdom?

Oh yea, and our beloved theistic evolutionist brethren. In the first two paragraphs of the Nicene Creed it reads something like; 'creation', 'incarnation', 'Christ is Creator'. I mention that and they get strangely silent.

Why do you think Paul taught 'Christ and him crucified'? Not because the wisdom of God can't unlock the intricacies of the natural world. It's because our problem isn't intellectual and the solution isn't empirical. The problem is personal, deeply personal, it's called sin but that hardly says it. Sin in Eden wasn't an offense, it was something they lacked.

God told Abraham he would have a son, Abraham didn't believe it, but he believed the one who made the promise was faithful. That's why faith comes before everything else in Christian theism, all our woes stem from such a simple deficiency. Not to oversimplify it, the problem is trust. As it turns out, that's also the solution.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Philonephius

Jun 6, 2012
Seattle, WA
✟7,757.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

The only way to understand the post I wrote, is to sincerely, ask God to show you through his Holy Spirit, what was written.

And He will make it clear,
otherwise for me to try to explain about it, would be only in my human understanding, which would be of worldly interpretation, which would only add to whatever you have a confusion about.

God can explain it better to you than I can, thats for sure.

That's why God gave us His Holy Spirit.

So your argument against evolution must be prayed about in order to be understood? Sorry, but I don't think that's Biblical at all. God gave us a brain for a reason.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So your argument against evolution must be prayed about in order to be understood? Sorry, but I don't think that's Biblical at all. God gave us a brain for a reason.

He also gave us the Bible for a reason. Evolution cannot be reconciled with scripture.

Upvote 0

jilfe

Jul 4, 2012
✟7,785.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Answer to this statement:

Rom:12:2: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Praise God:
The Bible is always the answer in these debate discussions.

Upvote 0

ANinjainaLabcoat

Ninja Scientist
Sep 1, 2012
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
yes lol the 'i' word is not a good word for "evolution". Thats why we never here the genome being discussed in terms of 'information' by evolutionary preaches.
simple enough answer, the information comes from tests. a chicken has a dormant gene that when reactivated, makes it look more like a dinosaur. humans have one particular chromosome with tilomeres in the middle, while in a chimpanzee the chromosomes are separate, indicating that we share a common ancestor and somewhere along the line the two chromosomes fused. We know mutations happen because we can take samples of animal life from a few years after the events of Chernobyl, and have done so, and found them mutated, minor mutations or neutral mutations can even happen during someones lifetime, such as eye color change and unfortunately in extreme cases, cancer. what causes mutations? often enough, cells performing mitosis will on occasion make errors somewhere along the line. How do we know that all species are related? in all honesty that is simply a conclusion drawn from the fact that during the earths cooling there was probably only one incredibly basic form of cellular life created in the crucibles of our planet as the chances, based on the test results we currently have, were very low. There may have been two or more. what we do know, through carbon dating of fossils is that up until the Cambrian explosion there were very few species of cellular organisms. until eventually based on several factors (more compounds being created increased radiation levels whatever it might have been) mutations started happening all the time, the weaker mutations were quickly stomped out, and we probably still would all be single cells, except for one mutation, which we have found a few examples of, cells started to group up. they lost singular instinct and settled into functions, resulting in the first multi-cellular organisms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you believe God gave us a brain and not evolved from a mythological ape-like creature?

Upvote 0

Philonephius

Jun 6, 2012
Seattle, WA
✟7,757.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
So you believe God gave us a brain and not evolved from a mythological ape-like creature?

Nice strawman. I believe God is the creator and designer, and that He made all things through natural processes that He set into motion. That is what the overwhelming evidence suggests, anyway. If you have an alternate theory with evidence to support it, the floor is all yours.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Philonephius said:
Nice strawman. I believe God is the creator and designer, and that He made all things through natural processes that He set into motion. That is what the overwhelming evidence suggests, anyway. If you have an alternate theory with evidence to support it, the floor is all yours.

How about The creation account in Genesis?

Upvote 0

Philonephius

Jun 6, 2012
Seattle, WA
✟7,757.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
How about The creation account in Genesis?

How about Job 38:22-23? Are there literally storehouses of snow, or was God simply speaking to Job in a way that he -- a man of 2nd millennium BC -- could understand?

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Philonephius said:
How about Job 38:22-23? Are there literally storehouses of snow, or was God simply speaking to Job in a way that he -- a man of 2nd millennium BC -- could understand?

Huge difference between a bit of symbolism in Job versus the account by God of how He created...

May God Richly Bless you!

Upvote 0