Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Today we live in a society where each person is a slave to taxes. Our gas, water, food, and in Arkansas there is a special tax for soda pop. What is really sad is the people of Arkansas voted this tax in several years ago. Everywhere you go and anything you do, a tax is there to greet you.

The only thing that I can think of that is not taxed is air. However I am sure it will happen one day. Most likely, some loon will come up with a formula to tax individuals for how much air they consume each year.

You may think this is ridicules. I thought the same about a special soda pop tax, and it did become reality. Just the other day I read where Obama want’s to tax the mileage on our vehicles. So don’t be surprised if this becomes a reality one day.

When taxes are out of control, there is no boundaries on the insanity. So don’t be surprised if you wake up one morning to find that an air tax has become law.

:idea:

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Taxes are neccessary for a functioning government, the problem is that for the last 12 years we have been irresponsible with our monetary funds.

Try the last 80 here in this country or the last few thousand all over the world.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

Byrd4God

May 14, 2011
✟7,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't particularly think taxing soda is a bad thing. Hiking up taxes on things that are bad for you is actually a good idea in my opinion.

I'm not opposed to this either...
But I do agree that taxing mileage is going overboard

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 30, 2011
Malvern Arkansas
✟8,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
True soda is bad, but it is none the governments buisness to regulate heath or to tax things that society deems unhealthy.

It is a choice and is nobodies buisness and they government should not seek a way to profit from it.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Terry,

You wrote: I am talking about unfair taxes and being taxed to death. It is unnessecary.

Oh, you don't seem dead, yet. Fair taxation has long been a problem. Consider Israel in Jesus day. When Rome employed one of their own to collect the taxes, that man became anathema to the whole of Jewish society.

You've got it easy. Just keep in mind that nothing in this life will last except your faith in the Lord.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 30, 2011
Malvern Arkansas
✟8,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Terry,

You wrote: I am talking about unfair taxes and being taxed to death. It is unnessecary.

Oh, you don't seem dead, yet. Fair taxation has long been a problem. Consider Israel in Jesus day. When Rome employed one of their own to collect the taxes, that man became anathema to the whole of Jewish society.

You've got it easy. Just keep in mind that nothing in this life will last except your faith in the Lord.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

You know nothing about me and to say that I have it easy shows you don't know what you are talking about.

On another thread you show me great disrespect and I did turn you in. You dont have to agree with me, but you need to lay aside your personal opinions towards me. Each time you do this, it will be reported.

Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Terry,

I think you would like the Fair Tax. Have you heard of it? It abolishes all taxes we know of today and replaces them with one consumption tax. It also abolishes the IRS! Used items are not taxed, just new items and services. Everyone gets a monthly prebate if they register for one which makes this tax progressive. No more tax returns -- ever!

After its passage, the next goal will be to abolish the 16th Amendment (there is already a bill for that: HJR-16.)

There are already 63 House co-sponsors and 6 Senate co-sponsors. It's non-partisan and grassroots, too. Instead of us being slaves to the government, they work for us, as the Founding Fathers intended!

Check it out: fairtax.org

Upvote 0