Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason I am reading the book is because I have a special place in my heart for a set of teachings found in Heb 6.1-3 called foundations. But I have only heard them from a Protestant Christian perspective and that includes the Messianic treatment of them.

This gives a traditional Jewish understanding (probably not too different from the original audience of Hebrews) of 2 of them, Resurrection of the Dead and Eternal Judgement.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some maybe, but not all. Orthodox (or Reform or Conservative) Judaism is far from a monolith in either belief or practice. In a book I am currently reading, the author, a Chassidic Jew, makes the case that Messiah Himself rebuilds the Temple.
Oh boy. In which case they will accept the anti christ as messiah because they don't understand the hidden spiritual truths of JESUS already building the "temple" which can't be seen

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh boy. In which case they will accept the anti christ as messiah because they don't understand the hidden spiritual truths of JESUS already building the "temple" which can't be seen
Rom 11.26-27.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand if they had already recognized JESUS as messiah they wouldn't be building an earthly temple to begin with

Nor would the thought of reinstating animal sacrifices ever cross their mind

Rather they would consider that to be an abomination

just as it is

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Furthermore who did you think this stone cut out from the mountain was?

And zerubabbel laid the foundation and his hands will complete it.

And HE is already building THAT TEMPLE

There won't be anything added to the foundation but the ONE WHO IS THE FOUNDATION

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly did you think the Jews would build a temple for

To acknowledge their sins by offering guilt/sin animal sacrifices and yet not coming to
JESUS?

And that is considered good?!

And what did you think the "troublous times" would be or the "violent men of the covenant"

Why did you think many Christians will be killed during this time?

They will be testifying against the building of the temple and their jewish older brothers who do not know and understand will think that their Christian younger brothers are hindering them
and will think nothing of killing them

Many will be killed for their testimony Because they spoke up and tried to explain to the ignorant Jews outside the true covenant that what they are doing is

W. R. O. N. G.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does this have to do with an earthly temporal structure?
No. It has to do your statement that those Jews will follow the anti-messiah.

"All Israel will be saved."

And in case you think Paul was writing about the church, in the same context he says they are enemies of the gospel.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason I am reading the book is because I have a special place in my heart for a set of teachings found in Heb 6.1-3 called foundations. But I have only heard them from a Protestant Christian perspective and that includes the Messianic treatment of them.

This gives a traditional Jewish understanding (probably not too different from the original audience of Hebrews) of 2 of them, Resurrection of the Dead and Eternal Judgement.
Foundations!!!

How interesting

I didnt even read this post until
Now

I suggest you read Haggai 2. Ezra 3 and Zechariah 4 in regards to THE FOUNDATION

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And in case you think Paul was writing about the church, in the same context he says they are enemies of the gospel.
Another thing you forget

Not all who say they are of Israel are of ISRAEL

There's a difference between physical temporal earthly Israel and SPIRITUAL ETERNAL HEAVENLY "ISRAEL"

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Romans 11: 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

In addition to this Paul said other things along these lines that preclude taking this literally as in every Jew will be saved.

Romans 2: 28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Paul makes further reference to the circumcision of the heart in Colossians:
Colossians 2: 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Paul is writing to Gentiles, and most probably some Jews too, in the book of Colossians. And he is equating the circumcision of the heart, which he also referenced in Romans 2 as being the prerequisite for being considered a Jew, with being born again. Is it your contention that every living Jew on earth at the time in question will choose to be born again? Isn't that out of the ordinary for not only Jews, but also Gentiles? How about Paul's statements that only a remnant of Israel would be saved? That seems to be in opposition to what you're saying.

It seems to me that the promise of "all Israel shall be saved" is then, as it is now, based upon the requirement of faith in Jesus, and that Paul's description in Romans 2 of who a Jew is ought to figure into this statement. Physically being a Jew isn't enough. One must be a Jew inwardly according to Paul.

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

In reply to not only this post, but also your previous one in which you explain what the author builds his assertion on I would say, Interesting. I don't know that I agree, but I was really curious upon what foundation this belief was laid. I don't see the correlation to a 3rd temple being built because the New Testament makes it plain that our bodies are the temple of God. That He dwells inside of us.

1Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems to me that the promise of "all Israel shall be saved" is then, as it is now, based upon the requirement of faith in Jesus, and that Paul's description in Romans 2 of who a Jew is ought to figure into this statement. Physically being a Jew isn't enough. One must be a Jew inwardly according to Paul.
Indeed. Read Jeremiah 31. Every Jew alive.
All Jews will turn to HIM.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's a difference between physical temporal earthly Israel and SPIRITUAL ETERNAL HEAVENLY "ISRAEL"
There is no such thing in scripture as a "spiritual Israel."

That is one of the lies of replacement theology.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Foundations!!!

How interesting

I didnt even read this post until
Now

I suggest you read Haggai 2. Ezra 3 and Zechariah 4 in regards to THE FOUNDATION
Have you read Derek Prince's amazing opus on Heb 6.1-3?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Indeed. Read Jeremiah 31. Every Jew alive.
All Jews will turn to HIM.
I don't know that I can buy that. Verses 31-33 have already come to pass. The New Covenant is already in effect and has been for a long time, and not all Jews have accepted Christ nor do they all believe in God. Many are agnostic or even atheistic. That throws doubt upon the entire thesis that all Jews will be saved. By nature the Jews are no different spiritually than we Gentiles are. We are all born in a state of rebellion against God.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

I guess you're going to have to show me where the Bible says God is going to force people to want to be saved.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing in scripture as a "spiritual Israel."

That is one of the lies of replacement theology.
Oh yes there is

HIS name is JESUS

And it's not really replacement

It's taking back what always belonged (only) to HIM

Upvote 0