Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I can't figure out, is why God created Primordial man? I know some believers don't believe there were humans before Adam, but I think the archaeology is overwhelming. I think they did exist, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why God created them?

I'm not sure if it's true, if they're just people and the dating is wrong or if they existed. If so I think it was another creation which fell in sin because satan rebelled who had to lead it all and was destroyed which would make sense why He did it different this time with a redemption plan.
The PreAdamite World and Ancient Origin of Satan

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What I can't figure out, is why God created Primordial man? I know some believers don't believe there were humans before Adam, but I think the archaeology is overwhelming. I think they did exist, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why God created them?

My belief is that, in the age that the Adam & Eve story was finally written down, having been past down by oral tradition for thousands of years in pre-Samarian Mesopotamia, the Hebrew authors in Babylon simply thought A & E were the first humans. It was, after all, a very different, enchanted age with no real science.

What's interesting is that within the A & E story we can see Cains fear of tribes out in the world, he goes to the land of Nod, finds a wife, leads or builds a city. And at the least the crafty beast had already fallen, was already evil.

I believe that Adam and Eve incarnate on 4.8 +/- year old, evolved earth that had already fallen. The well intentioned authors of Genesis had no way of knowing these things.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure if it's true, if they're just people and the dating is wrong or if they existed. If so I think it was another creation which fell in sin because satan rebelled who had to lead it all and was destroyed which would make sense why He did it different this time with a redemption plan.
The PreAdamite World and Ancient Origin of Satan

If that's true, how does He know this "redemption plan" is going to work?

Upvote 0

Mickiel

Feb 26, 2015
✟7,704.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My belief is that, in the age that the Adam & Eve story was finally written down, having been past down by oral tradition for thousands of years in pre-Samarian Mesopotamia, the Hebrew authors in Babylon simply thought A & E were the first humans. It was, after all, a very different, enchanted age with no real science.

What's interesting is that within the A & E story we can see Cains fear of tribes out in the world, he goes to the land of Nod, finds a wife, leads or builds a city. And at the least the crafty beast had already fallen, was already evil.

I believe that Adam and Eve incarnate on 4.8 +/- year old, evolved earth that had already fallen. The well intentioned authors of Genesis had no way of knowing these things.

I agree, with no mention of primordial man in the bible, either the authors did not know about them, or God himself saw no need to mention them or inspire them to be written in. I am not a believer who thinks this earth is only some 6,000 years old, no; not with all the science we have. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Goodness, these first humans could have roamed for millions of years, and it stumps me as to why God created them. I mean I can guess, but I just don't know.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If that's true, how does He know this "redemption plan" is going to work?

I figured after that He got knowledge of evil when satan fell and then foreknew it with this world that people would rebel and be reconciled.

The Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world: that can also mean before this world (people) started, so not totally in the beginning before He created the earth that He had the plan that Jesus would die for our sins.

The earth was/became void and empty and there was darkness, wickedness.
If He created the earth on day 1 and this world is all He made, why on earth was it empty and dark? God is Light, why would He create an earth in the dark? Where did the darkness/ wickedness come from?

Job 38:
Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth (erets)?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Then on that same day suddenly satan fell and everything became dark. Makes no sense to me.
The KJV speaks of worlds, not world.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The god you are claiming exists cannot design, cannot fine-tune, and is also apparently restricted to doing only what is physically possible. He cannot change, redefine, or suspend physical laws, even if he wants to. What sort of god is this? Much different to the god most people believe in.

It's only a problem if you have an 8-year-old's understanding of God.

For the classical theist, God doesn't need to change or redefine anything, since he can forsee everything that could happen. Therefore, he knows everything that will happen.

I would question whether God needs to "suspend physical laws", whether even discussing that is helpful in understanding the Christian viewpoint. Since science doesn't understand everything about the universe, there are certainly things that God does intuitively understand that we do not, making the "impossible" possible for God. Things aren't miraculous because they are impossible, but rather because they demonstrate God's power and evoke mystery or awe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

In the Bible we learn that wisdom sometimes comes from the mouths of babes. It's possible for the questioning of a curious 8-year old to confound "sophisticated theologians."

For the classical theist, God doesn't need to change or redefine anything, since he can forsee everything that could happen. Therefore, he knows everything that will happen.

Which poses it's own issues. As I asked you earlier:
How do you know that?

Are you suggesting that the best possible world is a world where God knowingly creates an agent of evil (Satan), knowingly engineers the circumstances of mankind's fall from grace, and knowingly creates certain individuals who are destined for Hell? Are you suggesting that not doing those things would have resulted in a worser situation? This is the best we can hope for from an all-powerful, all-knowing, and crucially, all good, god?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

Given all of the discussions I've had here with Christians on that subject, perhaps 90%+ of them have that "8-year-old's understanding of God".

It's good to know that you are one of the privileged few.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

yesyoushould

Jan 14, 2015
✟1,398.00
Faith
Christian
Given all of the discussions I've had here with Christians on that subject, perhaps 90%+ of them have that "8-year-old's understanding of God".

eudaimonia,

Mark

Nothing wrong with an 8 year old understanding God. Every child that believes in God is protected by Gods perfectness.

Upvote 0

yesyoushould

Jan 14, 2015
✟1,398.00
Faith
Christian

eudaimonia,

Mark

Oh no firedragon, an atheists says you may be special. Lol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.