Why worry about the Ten Commandments, if you are disregarding the Sabbath? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus Is Real said:
'So how's your faith, Wooba?

If any are keeping the letter of the law, are they happy?
Are they being freed from anger.
,....from lust?
,.....from selfishness?
,.....from greed?
,.....from their own hurts by others?

In other words, "How is the Law working for you?"

Then why did Christ come, if you can keep them???? :wave:

One can't be sanctified from breaking the law, until they actually turn to Christ for HELP and remain in HIM - not to then turn back to the Law as Gal. did. Which Paul called the works of the flesh!!!!

This is the Whole Point - we needed Christ. :wave:

The humble will cry out but the proud won't, because the proud is too busy building monuments to their hurts by men. Christ can't get through this - and He won't, until we all start trusting Him to be Lord over all who we are - even over our wounds. Which we all have, Wooba.

If they are keeping the letter of the Law, are they less of this world: anger, pride, rage, impatience etc? They don't whole heartedly forgive! So with that they lord things over others. So did my group when I was a Calvinist! I can admit it! Can anyone else?

Are they keeping the Sabbath Holy on these days when they hurt so bad? Nope. Because only Christ heals, Wooba. Not because a man/woman is saying this to you but because it's the truth. :wave:

I'm out of here, only because what ever I testify to you your not willing to hear.
I am not a fool, so I'm out.
Connie

The true test of a follower of Jesus is not what they say, but if they obey what Jesus said. So, if you make an eloquent profession of loving Jesus, and yet, you do not do what He said, namely, "If you love me, keep my commandments", including His holy Sabbath day, then your walk is in vain.

Upvote 0

ThreeAM

Dec 21, 2005
✟9,667.00
Faith
SDA
BrightCandle said:
The true test of a follower of Jesus is not what they say, but if they obey what Jesus said. So, if you make an eloquent profession of loving Jesus, and yet, you do not do what He said, namely, "If you love me, keep my commandments", including His holy Sabbath day, then your walk is in vain.

Yep John put it stronger than I would but this is what he said:

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟19,493.00
Faith
SDA
ThreeAM said:
Yep John put it stronger than I would but this is what he said:

1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

They are very strong words and if we were to say them as John said them we may get ourselves into trouble.

But we do not have to be afraid as it was John who said them under the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Cliff2 said:
They are very strong words and if we were to say them as John said them we may get ourselves into trouble.

But we do not have to be afraid as it was John who said them under the power of the Holy Spirit.
Do you mean, get into trouble with our fellow peers or with God?

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟19,493.00
Faith
SDA
Windmill said:
Do you mean, get into trouble with our fellow peers or with God?

Let's look at the verse in question

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/1Jo/1Jo002.html#4

John is saying that if we claim to know Him (God) and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and we do not have the truth in us.

I do not believe that we will get into trouble from God for speaking the words that John spoke.

But our fellow human beings may not like to hear what John has said.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Cliff2 said:
Let's look at the verse in question

John is saying that if we claim to know Him (God) and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and we do not have the truth in us.

I do not believe that we will get into trouble from God for speaking the words that John spoke.

But our fellow human beings may not like to hear what John has said.

What you just described clearly portrays the state of Christianity in general here in the USA and Canada these days. High profession of spirituality (talk), without the walk to back it up. Do you find the same problem in Australia?

Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Australia and New Zealand are in my opinion far worse, at least, as far as adventistism goes.

We're, along with Germany, considered the "rebel" part of the world.

But as far as general christianity goes- I can speak for NZ at least, that its rare to even find christians, we're a pretty atheist sort of a country. Then you'll find those who call themselves christians but only do so for when the cencus is called out.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Windmill said:
Australia and New Zealand are in my opinion far worse, at least, as far as adventistism goes.

We're, along with Germany, considered the "rebel" part of the world.

But as far as general christianity goes- I can speak for NZ at least, that its rare to even find christians, we're a pretty atheist sort of a country. Then you'll find those who call themselves christians but only do so for when the cencus is called out.

So sad. It seems that the USA is moving towards a fundamentalist mindset as far as Christianity goes. Hence, the Ten Commandments Day proposed this coming Sunday in the US. The question is which day will they promote as the Sabbath?

Upvote 0

jochanaan

Aug 24, 2005
✟16,360.00
Faith
Baptist
BrightCandle said:
So sad. It seems that the USA is moving towards a fundamentalist mindset as far as Christianity goes. Hence, the Ten Commandments Day proposed this coming Sunday in the US. The question is which day will they promote as the Sabbath?
I wasn't able to determine that from a quick glance at their web site--but I suspect it won't be the seventh day.:sigh:

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
jochanaan said:
I wasn't able to determine that from a quick glance at their web site--but I suspect it won't be the seventh day.:sigh:

What is puzzling, is that an Orthodox Jew is one of the leaders of the movement. It seems that he has compromised stand on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.