Why worry about the Ten Commandments, if you are disregarding the Sabbath? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Veritas said:
Ok. Not sure what you mean, but I'm fine with it.

By His Grace I can say~~

By Faith in action,....God through Christ is making us Just Like His Dear Son!!!
clonedsmilie.gif

:scratch: PONDER TIME: :scratch:
~~~Did you know that using "sarcasm" is doing sacrifice to The Amorite Nation,.....it's Pride?

Jesus said in very simple form that what's in our hearts (as certain things He had said about) is what defiles us: Those Nations on the land that God told Israel about as well.
SAME GOD!!!

We are,.....bowing down TO PRIDE--FLESH NATURE--and the ENEMIES ON THE Promised Land.

:wave:
I'll explain as best as I have it so far by His Love through His Word and His Holy Spirt~

When we want to express a feeling we have, inside, but this feeling isn't very Godly, we tend to give permission for our flesh-nature to take over and we walk right in the enemies camp and go shopping--if you will.

We walk in their camp, that small area and it could even a tenny-tiny area in our heart where we grab the groceries what we need to some how make a point to others with. We walk right up to this area of in our heart and we say:

"My Amorite--Pride inside? Yeah you there,...listen up! I know you can say what I'm feeling much more better than the goodness in me that isn't thinking this at all, but since I want to go with this feeling I'll take some of your fruit for my shopping cart today please. Just that little one over there. That will do me for this one situation here."

And then we pay him (PRIDE) for the 'sarcasm' that we take hold of: (WE MAKE A COVENANT).
And we then thank him for getting us out of the jam we felt we were in.
So we give our strength to Pride, to Satan. (BOWING DOWN TO HIM).
In all that, we have just given our lives over to Pride. Brothers/Sisters this ought not to be so, eh?

So what point did we really make due to our feelings?
An Amorite point is all we made, due to the feelings we had inside. We use it as a 'control' factor as well.

If we feel this way to even want to use sarcasm we must:
ONLY as The Holy One of Israel (Jesus Christ) brings this nation before you to admit first then do as He Has already said:

Ex 34:13
13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
A full recap of the Verse in Balance and in Context:

Ex 34:11-13
11 Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite.

12 Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:

13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
KJV

All by Faith in Christ:

DESTROY SARCASM IN YOUR LIFE.

BREAK THEIR IMAGES IN YOUR HEART.
CUT DOWN THEIR GROVES IN YOUR HEART.
censor.gif

If not , for one thing, those groves keep on producing within after their own kind.
clonedsmilie.gif
And that cloning IS NOT any good. It's very very bad-->
devilish.gif

Our Heavenly Father,....wants us to close the curtain on these bad bugs who so want
an expression through us.
smilie_closed1.gif

Now here's the acid test:
Rom 8:13
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die:(((Death will work in us every time))) but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. (((Life will work out through us and in us every time))) KJV -----> PLEASE DON'T JUST SAY YOU DO THIS,.......LOOK TO SEE IF YOUR REALLY LIVING THIS!!!

If not........just turn softly back to Our Loving Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!
Each time we all,.....turn back to Him in areas of our lives....He always sits on a Throne of Grace towards us.......each and every time. HE SURE DOES!!!! :clap:

If God confirms this to your heart, then who GAINED YOU WAS GOD THROUGH HIS WORD.
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY.

:wave:

ENTERING IN SABBATH DAY:

When we repent of 'sarcasm' and like: (Anger, Rage, Unforgiveness and much more - Who are Enemies on our Heart Land) we are removing (utterly putting to death Rom. 8:13-14) our own works of sin and entering into The Seveneth Day Rest of God in Christ. And we are proving to God that we are His son's and daughters. But yes .......they (the enemies on the land) must come to the surface,....in other words God alone is the only one who sets up the circumstances to bring the enemies on the land (pride-sarcasm, anger, rage and unforgiveness and the like) to being them before us so that we can utterly destroy them from off our heart-Land.

Get it.......somewhat? :scratch:
Though I know this stuff from God's Word isn't understood over night....I've been studying this for 17 years now and only 2 years ago I feel that God has brought me alone finally to graps a glimps of this in His Word.

In His Peace
And taking my own land back for God's dwelling place as He leads,
Connie

ingsmilies.gif

UPDATED ZILLIONTH TIME TIME!!! DONE NOW:

cute-eot.gif

End of the trial now~

Reactions: GaelSong
Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JimfromOhio said:
The Debate continues. :D This Sunday, we CELEBRATE !! :clap:

JimfromOhio,
Was that written with a slight of sarcasm? :scratch:

You might want to read the post I just wrote on this new thread.....which is talking about The Seveneth Day Sabbath~ :preach: You have missed the Point of the Meaning here slightly.

Blessings,
connie

Upvote 0

jochanaan

Aug 24, 2005
✟16,360.00
Faith
Baptist
And we Sabbathkeepers will celebrate with you, JimfromOhio, on Sabbath, Easter, and for all eternity!:clap: :amen:

One reasoning that has gained currency on these threads is that "The Sabbath is a symbol of resting from works that some think are necessary to obtain salvation." But to say that we are to rest from all our works, if interpreted in a foolishly literal way, would remove all Christian duties from us. We would be like those Paul wrote about, saying, "Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid..." (Romans 6:1-2) Or like some that James addressed in his letter: "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." (James 2:18) Yet I would hope that we all expect that when a person comes to Christ, some change would occur in his/her life, that is, in the things s/he does, says, and thinks.

I hear many of you saying, though, that you honor the Sabbath on Sundays. That's good that you honor the principle! :thumbsup: But how do you justify the change of day? The Bible didn't command it. The historical record indicates that many, perhaps a majority, of Christians continued to rest and worship on the seventh day for the first hundred years after Jesus' birth, and some continued to do so through three more centuries. Sunday is honored as the Lord's Day, and the Sabbath commandment transferred to it, primarily because certain Church leaders claimed authority from God to do so. As far as I have been able to determine, the reasoning that the day of Jesus' resurrection should be honored above the Sabbath day was developed only after Sunday was already established as the day of rest and worship for a majority of Christians.

Where many Sabbathkeepers and I differ is that we question the authority of any church or church leader to alter a command that the Bible records so often, clearly and plainly. Again, I condemn no one, nor do I set any requirements on anybody to do as I do; but I prefer to follow the Bible rather than any denomination or leader.

Thank you for reading, and may God the Father, Son, and Spirit bless us all as we attempt to understand this admittedly difficult matter.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus Is Real said:
JimfromOhio,
Was that written with a slight of sarcasm? :scratch:

You might want to read the post I just wrote on this new thread.....which is talking about The Seveneth Day Sabbath~ :preach: You have missed the Point of the Meaning here slightly.

Blessings,
connie

Perhaps you forgot my posts regarding this. :confused:

Denominations causes divisions which have been around for thousands years. Beliefs that impact people's lives and the Church, but with which there can be sincere disagreements. They are important; Christians might argue for them. These are theological ideas with which there can be great latitude of belief such as this issue especially those who follow Sabbath (i.e. SDA and similar). This is often between God and the Believer. There are many denominations because there are Christians who will follow their conscience, feelings, beliefs and personal worship preferences. I don't have problems with those who belong to SDA, in fact, I have friends who are members and we get along just fine. This is between God and each individual believer.

If a Christian want to have Saturday your Sabbath day, that Christian have God's blessing. If we want our Sabbath on our "7th" day, we have God's blessings. John 1:16 "From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."

However... debates will continue as this thread reached the second round after reaching 1,000 post in the first round. :doh:

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jochanaan said:
I hear many of you saying, though, that you honor the Sabbath on Sundays. That's good that you honor the principle! :thumbsup: But how do you justify the change of day? The Bible didn't command it.

jochanaan,

Peace sister.....God receives us all.
Peace,............for this is Resting in the Sabbath Day when you have His Peace and can Rest.

Others stand by God's Grace, alone.
This is why we can be the One Undivided Body of Christ: Because we are at peace!~

Peace,
Connie

I just asked while drawing my bath water:
"Heavenly Father is there a certain day I worship you? "Yes, my child Rest in my Son."

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Is Real said:
By His Grace I can say~~

By Faith in action,....End of the trial now~
Haha... someone has been reading "The Philokalia," and St. Maximus. Very good post. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JimfromOhio said:
Perhaps you forgot my posts regarding this. :confused:

Denominations causes divisions which have been around for thousands years. Beliefs that impact people's lives and the Church, but with which there can be sincere disagreements. They are important; Christians might argue for them. These are theological ideas with which there can be great latitude of belief such as this issue especially those who follow Sabbath (i.e. SDA and similar). This is often between God and the Believer. There are many denominations because there are Christians who will follow their conscience, feelings, beliefs and personal worship preferences. I don't have problems with those who belong to SDA, in fact, I have friends who are members and we get along just fine. This is between God and each individual believer.

If a Christian want to have Saturday your Sabbath day, that Christian have God's blessing. If we want our Sabbath on our "7th" day, we have God's blessings. John 1:16 "From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."

However... debates will continue as this thread reached the second round after reaching 1,000 post in the first round. :doh:
JimfromOhio,
I hear you~ regarding Sabbath.
But that wasn't what I asked ya,.....Oh Man of God! *chuckles**

But why were you being sarcastic? Were you? That's all I am asking you about?

I was asking were you and why do you feel this need to be, if you were? That's all friend.

Please say your answer (if you want to).......forgive me. :cool:

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus Is Real said:
I hear you~

But why were you being sarcastic? Where you?

I was asking were you and why do you feel this need to be, if you were? That's all friend.

Please say your answer again.......forgive me. :cool:

It was not sarcastic however it appeared to be. I was pointing out Easter weekend and we are going to celebrate on Sunday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jochanaan

Aug 24, 2005
✟16,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Jesus Is Real said:
jochanaan,

Peace sister.....God receives us all.
Peace,............for this is Resting in the Sabbath Day when you have His Peace and can Rest.

Others stand by God's Grace, alone.
This is why we can be the One Undivided Body of Christ: Because we are at peace!~
Thank you, my sister! :kiss: As I have said many times, I also stand by His grace alone. My Sabbathkeeping is not a matter of earning my way to Heaven or avoiding His grace; it's a thank-offering to Him for providing the way through Jesus of Nazareth, God's Lamb and our Savior.

Peace and blessings be upon you, and may we meet in Heaven and rejoice together before the Lord for all eternity.

Upvote 0

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
jochanaan said:
Thank you, my sister! :kiss: As I have said many times, I also stand by His grace alone. My Sabbathkeeping is not a matter of earning my way to Heaven or avoiding His grace; it's a thank-offering to Him for providing the way through Jesus of Nazareth, God's Lamb and our Savior.

Peace and blessings be upon you, and may we meet in Heaven and rejoice together before the Lord for all eternity.
jochanaan,
Your welcome!

So just know that there is no asking another 'why' as if we are their judge.
judge.gif
We are not called to be their Judge!!! For to his own Lord and Judge, your brother/sister stands or falls. We are called into Liberty and Freedom to Love - Period!!!

If we can do this,....then we are in Rest - period. And we are Fulfulling God's Seveneth Day.
Get it even more now? :wave:

So,....when the Saint is ready,....God will lead Him to hear His Own Masters Voice through His Body....in His Timing not ours as you have always known. Though I have some what to say to you but I too must wait on Him and Rest in His Keeping. For nevertheless,.......we are all sheep's of HIS PASTURE. :preach: He knows what He's doing with each of us....this is, even, to Our Own Rest With Him.
((baaaaaa
sign_baa.gif
))
sheep.gif

Peace,
chores_gardening.gif

Connie

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Connie:

Jesus' voice has spoken loud and clear on Mt. Horeb, when He wrote the 10 Commandments in stone with His own finger. And what did He say? Remember, the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God." If you don't listen and obey what Jesus has already stated in no uncertain terms, there will be no further words from Him, what more can He do?

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
jochanaan said:

Not for one moment myself or any other 7th day Sabbath keeper thinks that by keeping the 7th day Sabbath will it in any way earn us salvation.

Can only agree with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus Is Real

Feb 27, 2003
Texas
✟5,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BrightCandle said:
Connie:

Jesus' voice has spoken loud and clear on Mt. Horeb, when He wrote the 10 Commandments in stone with His own finger. And what did He say? Remember, the Sabbath day to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God." If you don't listen and obey what Jesus has already stated in no uncertain terms, there will be no further words from Him, what more can He do?

BrightCandle,

There is no more "Why" with the brethren in standing in judgment. *chuckle

what more can He do?
He already did do...TIS THE SEASON EVEN....He died so that we could Enter into His Rest.....if we believe in God to believe in Christ Jesus. That's what Jesus did. His sheep can hear His Voice. And so if we are to enter in we too must Die......putting to death the deeds of our flesh nature which is the same as Satan. This is The Rest of God,.....getting to Work With Him in His Working.....being a Co-Labour with Him in Sanctifying us.....He is OUR REST. JESUS CHRIST IS OUR SABBATH REST. JESUS IN US IS THE HOPE OF ALL GLORY!!! It is good to always wait upon the Lord without ceasing,.....world without end.

Jesus' voice has spoken loud and clear on Mt. Horeb,
His Voice spoke with a Greater Glory on Mt. Calvary and now more so in The Heavenly Jerusalem - Sion.
And His Voice said, "Father Forgive them for they know not what they do."
But now.......it's not about us and what we do,.....it's so about What He did:
CHRIST DIED SO THAT YOU COULD BE FORGIVEN? If we hold fast our confidence until the end.
For God is able to keep us from falling, those who Love Him. And so we all wait on Him - Worshipping Him even today and everyday as it seems good for Him and To His Glory.

,...so,...I too must wait on Him and Rest in His Keeping. For nevertheless,.......we are all sheep's of HIS PASTURE. He knows what He's doing with each of us....this is, even, to Our Own Rest With Him.

Jesus Christ has it all Under His Control! :wave:

God is Patient.
We need not ever fear, being his little flock, God's Got it! :thumbsup:
John 14:1-3
14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
KJV

John 14:4-6
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
KJV

Peace,
Connie

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.