Why worry about the Ten Commandments, if you are disregarding the Sabbath? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KalEl76 said:
I honestly can't believe this thread is ongoing. Okay, here's a couple of questions for the SDA individuals who feel we are heretical for not going on Saturday to church:

1) What are you doing to further your ministry? How do you help your church out? Are you in a leadership position?

2) Have you ever lusted? Ever stolen anything? Ever lied? Been jealous? Missed one day of church? Ever cursed? Ever used the Lord's name in vain?

3) If you have never done one of those things, then you are lying. Therefore, to try and judge those of us who do not attend church on Saturday that we should not follow the Commandments is ridiculous.

Your argument is irrelevant, because what SDAs do or don't do should have no bearing on what God has commanded us all to do. Your obedience to God should have nothing to do with our obedience.

God said that we must keep the 7th day holy. Therefore, we ought to listen to Him, and do what He says, not because someone else is doing it, but simply because He commanded that it ought to be done. Period.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
woobadooba said:
Your argument is irrelevant, because what SDAs do or don't do should have no bearing on what God has commanded us all to do. Your obedience to God should have nothing to do with our obedience.

God said that we must keep the 7th day holy. Therefore, we ought to listen to Him, and do what He says, not because someone else is doing it, but simply because He commanded that it ought to be done. Period.

If I can never go to church on Saturday, but am able to go on Sunday then why would your church want to judge me as a less than faithful Christian? How can so many people for so many years be wrong? What the nature of this OP is implying is that since we don't keep the Sabbath, we are breaking all the Commandments. Therefore, our salvation can be considered false and not of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
ThreeAM said:
We are trying to inform you not judge you. Judgement is between you and God.

No, you are judging us. How can so many people be wrong? Your telling us that by not keeping this commandment, it doesn't matter if we keep the others, since we're violating this one. Therefore, you are implying that our belief in the Lord is superficial and of the Devil.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KalEl76 said:
Let's say I'm forced to work on Saturdays(the military can tend to be crazy like that) then obviously, I'm violating the Sabbath and I'm going straight to Hell for not adhereing to this one Commandment. Apparently, this is the greatest one, according to you?

Do you want to have a meaningful discussion here, or do you just want to mock Sabbath keepers?

Here's the truth: You can make every excuse in the world to not obey God, but in the day of judgment none of them will hold water.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KalEl76 said:
No, you are judging us. How can so many people be wrong? Your telling us that by not keeping this commandment, it doesn't matter if we keep the others, since we're violating this one. Therefore, you are implying that our belief in the Lord is superficial and of the Devil.

But there is a difference between those who know what they ought to do but don't do it, and those who don't know everything that they ought to do, but do what they know ought to be done.

Which category you fall in is between you and God.

But know this: We will all be judged by how well we lived up to the truth that was revealed to us.

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
KalEl76 said:

Just about a whole nation was wrong when Jesus was born on this earth.

Numbers do not indicate what is right or wrong.

Only rely on God's Word for the truth.

God's Word says to keep the 7th day Sabbath. Do not be concerned if you are the only person who is obeying the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
rstrats said:
KalEl76,

re: "If I can never go to church on Saturday, but am able to go on Sunday..."

I wonder if you might point out where Exodus 20:8-11 says anything about going to church?

It doesn't, but your not supposed to work on the Sabbath and that ties into my point.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
woobadooba said:
Do you want to have a meaningful discussion here, or do you just want to mock Sabbath keepers?

Here's the truth: You can make every excuse in the world to not obey God, but in the day of judgment none of them will hold water.

Excuse? Yeah, whatever. I'm bringing perfectly real scenarios into the equation and your calling them excuses? Tell that to the 2000 or so who have died already in the Iraq War, that fighting a war is just another excuse for not keeping the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
rstrats said:
KalEl76,

I wonder if you might point out where Exodus 20:8-11 says anything about going to church?

Sometimes I go to Church on Wednesday nights.

Going to Church on a certain day does not make it holy.

It was God who made the 7th day holy, not man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
KalEl76 said:
Excuse? Yeah, whatever. I'm bringing perfectly real scenarios into the equation and your calling them excuses? Tell that to the 2000 or so who have died already in the Iraq War, that fighting a war is just another excuse for not keeping the Sabbath.

First of all, in my opinion the war in Iraq never should have been. If Bush wasn't so prideful, all of those people who died, and are dying in the war would most likely still be alive today. It is my belief that he has a hidden agenda, and that is why this war is being fought.

As a president, I feel he has let us down. He hasn't done anything good for the people. Instead, he has created more problems for us. If he really cares about the people he should work to do something about the price for gas, and the absurd minimum wage. But he doesn't, because he just doesn't care about the people! All he cares about is his so-called war on terrorism! Yeah right! He is a Christian. He knows that this kind of war can never be won by a mortal, because Satan is the terrorist behind the whole thing. And only God has the power to defeat him. And this won't happen until the second coming of Christ. I believe Bush is just using this as a cover up.

And what I find to be very interesting is that he has already been found out for breaking the privacy law act, and he even lied to the nation about not knowing anything about the terrorist threat of 9/11 before it happened. Yet, he hasn't even been impeached; and his baneful acts are by far worse than what Clinton did!

He doesn't even have enough heart to write his own speeches! The people who voted for him to stay in office made a tragic mistake.

I feel that he will probably go down in history as the worst president we've ever had, and rightly so.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with doing good on the Sabbath. Therefore, doctors, nurses, police, etc..., are not wrong for working on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

mystery4

Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
✟1,104.00
Faith
SDA
KalEl76 said:

Are you saying that the majority is always right? But you know, you're right, SDA's still have problems, thats why they also need Jesus as their Saviour. For without him all of us would be doomed.

What I don't understand is the logic behind mainstream Protestants who say the law was done away with at the cross. If it was done away with, then why couldn't God get rid of it before Christ died? My understanding was that it was through Jesus' death that it showed how serious God is about us keeping His law to the best of our ability. Then in the parts where we fail in, thats the areas that the grace of God, in his mercy steps in and saves us from our mistakes (ie Jesus' death).

Upvote 0

ThreeAM

Dec 21, 2005
✟9,667.00
Faith
SDA
KalEl76 said:

No we are not judging you. I do believe you are wrong just as you believe I am wrong. I in fact think many, many sincere Catholic will be in heaven. Only God will Judge who is saved and who is lost.The Catholic church on the other hand has said this:

"It [the Roman Church] firmly believes, professes, and teaches that the matter pertaining to the law of the Old Testament, of the Mosaic law, which are divided into ceremonies, sacred rites, sacrifices, and sacraments, because they were established to signify something in the future, although they were suited to the divine worship at that time, after our Lord's coming had been signified by them, ceased, and the sacraments of the New Testament began; and that whoever, even after the passion, placed hope in these matters of the law and submitted himself to them as necessary for salvation, as if faith in Christ could not save without them, sinned mortally. Yet it does not deny that after the passion of Christ up to the promulgation of the Gospel they could have been observed until they were believed to be in no way necessary for salvation; but after the promulgation of the Gospel it asserts that they cannot be observed without the loss of eternal salvation. All, therefore, who after that time observe circumcision and the Sabbath and the other requirements of the law, it declares alien to the Christian faith and not in the least fit to participate in eternal salvation, unless someday they recover from these errors."
Source: Pope Eugene IV, Papal Bull
star.gif
Cantate Domino,
dated February 4th, 1442, Denzinger, The Sources of Catholic Dogma, Translated by Roy J. Deferrari, from the Thirtieth Edition of Henry Denzinger's Enchiridion Symbolorum, published by B. Herder Book Co., Copyright 1957, pages 228, 229, #712.

The judging over a day can work both ways.;)

Upvote 0

ThreeAM

Dec 21, 2005
✟9,667.00
Faith
SDA
rstrats said:
KalEl76,

God did not mention assemblying on the sabbath in exodus but He did command it in Lev.

Lev 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation[04744]; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

Strong's 04744 miqra

1) convocation, convoking, reading, a calling together a) convocation, sacred assembly

Upvote 0

jochanaan

Aug 24, 2005
✟16,360.00
Faith
Baptist
KalEl76 said:
I honestly can't believe this thread is ongoing. Okay, here's a couple of questions for the SDA individuals who feel we are heretical for not going on Saturday to church...
And let me say, again, that it is not only Seventh-day Adventists, but many Christians including those of my own denomination, the Seventh Day Baptists, that rest and worship on the seventh-day Sabbath. Nor have I called anyone here heretical. Nor do I trust in Sabbathkeeping or anything else I do to save me, since Jesus has already done so. Rather, in gratitude to the One Who has already saved me, I honor one of a few simple guidelines He has given me through His Word, both written and Living, to aid in my new, Spirit-empowered life.

You see, the command "Remember the sabbath day" is contained in the greater command "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matthew 22:37), just as the commands not to kill or steal or covet are contained in the command "Love thy neighbor as thyself." (Romans 13:9)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jochanaan

Aug 24, 2005
✟16,360.00
Faith
Baptist
linssue55 said:
I judge no one, THAT is the Lord's job...
But it is apparent that you believe that I and other Sabbathkeepers are bound to a dead law, denying God's grace, despite all my words to the contrary. Is that not a judgment on your part, though you say you do not judge and are not the one to pronounce sentence?

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
woobadooba said:
First of all, in my opinion the war in Iraq never should have been. If Bush wasn't so prideful, all of those people who died, and are dying in the war would most likely still be alive today. It is my belief that he has a hidden agenda, and that is why this war is being fought.

As a president, I feel he has let us down. He hasn't done anything good for the people. Instead, he has created more problems for us. If he really cares about the people he should work to do something about the price for gas, and the absurd minimum wage. But he doesn't, because he just doesn't care about the people! All he cares about is his so-called war on terrorism! Yeah right! He is a Christian. He knows that this kind of war can never be won by a mortal, because Satan is the terrorist behind the whole thing. And only God has the power to defeat him. And this won't happen until the second coming of Christ. I believe Bush is just using this as a cover up.

And what I find to be very interesting is that he has already been found out for breaking the privacy law act, and he even lied to the nation about not knowing anything about the terrorist threat of 9/11 before it happened. Yet, he hasn't even been impeached; and his baneful acts are by far worse than what Clinton did!

He doesn't even have enough heart to write his own speeches! The people who voted for him to stay in office made a tragic mistake.

I feel that he will probably go down in history as the worst president we've ever had, and rightly so.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with doing good on the Sabbath. Therefore, doctors, nurses, police, etc..., are not wrong for working on the Sabbath.

If you think that the price of gas/petrol is too much where you live then come out here to Australia and buy some.

It is $1.30/litre not a gallon. There is about 4 1/2 litres to the gallon.

Then move down south from where I am and add on another ten cents per litre.

Go west and add on close to another 50 cents per litre.

We have a Prime Minister who as soon Bush says jump he wants to know how high he has to jump.

Sad to say we brought home our first body from the war in Iraq and that has caused all sorts of problems.

The wrong body was sent to Australia and no one knows for sure who shot him or how it happened.

Perhaps some may be wondering what this has to do with the 4th commandment. To some it may not be much at all.

But look at the big picture.

There is a controversy going on in this world led by the mighty deceiver himself, Satan.

At the very centre of that controversy is the issue of worship.

This thread is all about that.

Why keep nine of the commandments when God has told us to keep ten.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
KalEl76 said:
If I can never go to church on Saturday, but am able to go on Sunday then why would your church want to judge me as a less than faithful Christian? How can so many people for so many years be wrong? What the nature of this OP is implying is that since we don't keep the Sabbath, we are breaking all the Commandments. Therefore, our salvation can be considered false and not of the Lord.

You say that you can never go to church on the Sabbath.
Would God command something that it would be impossible for you to obey? I don't think so. Yes, keeping the 7th day Sabbath as God has said to do, might cost you your job, or even cause family members to persecute you, but isn't that worth the cost to obey Jesus? The Sabbath tests our love for Jesus by asking us to subordinate and put aside our secular work, and other secular activities for 24 hours every 7th day.

The OP is valid, in that if we profess to keep the commandments but willfully and deliberatly continue to break one of them (the Sabbath) we have broken the law, and that is sin. And if we continue in that practice will will be lost, it is our choice. But, thank God, He has given us the power to choice to obey. Once you determine to obey Jesus at all costs, He will empower you to obey no matter what the circumstances. Why not give the Sabbath a try, you will be blest! God has promised! Like He said: "If you love me, keep my commandments."

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
BrightCandle said:
You say that you can never go to church on the Sabbath.
Would God command something that it would be impossible for you to obey? I don't think so. Yes, keeping the 7th day Sabbath as God has said to do, might cost you your job, or even cause family members to persecute you, but isn't that worth the cost to obey Jesus? The Sabbath tests our love for Jesus by asking us to subordinate and put aside our secular work, and other secular activities for 24 hours every 7th day.

The OP is valid, in that if we profess to keep the commandments but willfully and deliberatly continue to break one of them (the Sabbath) we have broken the law, and that is sin. And if we continue in that practice will will be lost, it is our choice. But, thank God, He has given us the power to choice to obey. Once you determine to obey Jesus at all costs, He will empower you to obey no matter what the circumstances. Why not give the Sabbath a try, you will be blest! God has promised! Like He said: "If you love me, keep my commandments."

"If ye love me, keep my commandments"

Not nine but ten.

No where does the Bible say that we can choose which ones we would like to keep.

All we are told to do is keep them.

Upvote 0

ThreeAM

Dec 21, 2005
✟9,667.00
Faith
SDA
Cliff2 said:
"If ye love me, keep my commandments"

Not nine but ten.

No where does the Bible say that we can choose which ones we would like to keep.

All we are told to do is keep them.

God doesn't change

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not...

Hbr 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.