• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why won't God just kill me?

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahhhh.... But think of Job!!! He was tested by God. He didnt question, he didnt get angry, he simply trusted that God knew what He was doing!!:)
Actually job did argue and question god. Which is why god retorted back near the end of the book.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually job did argue and question god. Which is why god retorted back near the end of the book.

Absolutely, Job argued how can a righteous man become God's enemy? Job's conclusion that he done nothing wrong - yet God charged Him with wrongdoing - against which Job couldn't argue.

However lets have a look this part of God's answer to Job, the Lord exposes two of Job's hidden sin in His answer. It seems that Job also harboured haughtiness and pride, hence the Leviathan was rightfully attacking him!

Job 41
Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
No one is fierce enough to rouse it.

Who then is able to stand against me?
Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.:bow::bow::bow:

“I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor?
Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
Its back has rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.
Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
Its undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.

It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”

Here we have the devil who is king over all that are proud and no one else on earth is its equal - Though Jesus Christ beat that nasty creature - before we can reach God we have to pass this monster for he will do everything in his power to thwart our pilgrimage to God, see also Revelation 12:17 "Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus."

We are fighting against spiritual forces of darkness - especially when we are depressed and all they want to do is harm and kill us, each lie we believe they will exploit to make the damage be maximum. The wicked hate us and make us feel hate-able, useless, doomed, forgotten and expandable - the same as they first made us feel important, special, chosen above others, and worthy of honour even while we are in wrong - usually selfish spirituality.

The wicked trap us with thoughts and feelings which are not from God but attack life and all good things. The word of God calls them locust summoned out of the Abyss by satan to harm our life gone bad. Revelation 9:1-11

Agonising!!!

Only the truth of God's Word can set us free, no other force can subdue the Leviathan as we have read before.

Build with the Word of God, die to how your life is now, and grow into a new life that is from God and in God, for only then shall you be safe from the lies hurting.

Please remember sow good and true thoughts and you shall reap good and true thoughts - some 30 fold some 100 fold of what was sown - this is how I managed to overcome my crippling depression.

Plant some nice fruit trees in your soul - like grace, forgiveness, peace, honesty, kindness, patience, endurance, self-control, ability and above all love and let such inner realities bring you good life and overcome your bad life.

Build your life with God's Word and learn to only heed God's truth in this world saturated with lies.

The Living Word Saves
Meeting Jesus down in my deepest Pit
brought an end to all my inner pain
For lovingly The Word made me fit
to have my Good Life back again.

First The Farmer pulled up my weeds
digging up the dirt and rocks within me
then lovingly sowing His Good Seeds
in time harvesting me most abundantly!

Yes The Word's Voice in Spirit of Love
The Living Word brought me under His care
His love dwelling within me from up above
His everlasting Good Life with me to share.

So please do from your pit walk away
also farming His Good Life in your soul
finding New Life in God's Truth today
The LIVING WORD your constant goal.

Upvote 0