Why to Trads seem to want to "Dixie Chick" Progs and formers on here?

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems like everytime a Prog or former speaks their mind, there is some Trad ready to report us.

Do they want to "Dixie Chick" us? (To be "Dixie Chicked" means to be silenced like the Dixie Chicks were when they were banned from the airwaves in 2003 for speaking out against GWB).

I get accused of personally attacking Ellen White just for saying she should be "relegated to the dustbin of history". HOW is that a personal attack.

Then I got another report for "inciting" someone from another denomination just for quoting Ellen White's OWN WORDS about other Churches.

Oy, vey! We just can't win.

I am putting this on the Prog forum in hopes that I don't get reported for this now.

It's just frustrating.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

A

AndrewK788

It seems like everytime a Prog or former speaks their mind, there is some Trad ready to report us.

Do they want to "Dixie Chick" us? (To be "Dixie Chicked" means to be silenced like the Dixie Chicks were when they were banned from the airwaves in 2003 for speaking out against GWB).

I get accused of personally attacking Ellen White just for saying she should be "relegated to the dustbin of history". HOW is that a personal attack.

Then I got another report for "inciting" someone from another denomination just for quoting Ellen White's OWN WORDS about other Churches.

I am putting this on the Prog forum in hopes that I don't get reported for this now.

It's just frustrating.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

As long as you're not flaming someone and you're being respectful, I don't know how stating facts is worthy of a report.

Although, people do tend to use the report feature as a weapon of spite these days. The things I look forward to dealing with when my training is done. ;)

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ha the Dixie Chicks were never banned. Country Radio station managers and listeners alike were fed up with the Dixie Chick badmouthing Bush. I would expect that to be a natural consequence of anyone who makes their living appealing to the public should they try to get all political and have no concept of the subject matter. And that is what happened to the Dixie Chicks.

You should be thinking more in the lines of Stalin silencing his opponents. Or maybe think the New York Times...ya that is even better an organization that ignores the truth and frequently prints lies and has lost almost all credibility and is hemorrhaging it's readers.

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ha the Dixie Chicks were never banned. Country Radio station managers and listeners alike were fed up with the Dixie Chick badmouthing Bush. I would expect that to be a natural consequence of anyone who makes their living appealing to the public should they try to get all political and have no concept of the subject matter. And that is what happened to the Dixie Chicks.

You should be thinking more in the lines of Stalin silencing his opponents. Or maybe think the New York Times...ya that is even better an organization that ignores the truth and frequently prints lies and has lost almost all credibility and is hemorrhaging it's readers.

Good points. Since Stalin killed people to silence them I guess I'd have to go with the New York Times analogy.

G-d Bless.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

It's just frustrating.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Because you made condescending remarks about EGW and SDA doctrines without giving scriptural reference. That is against the rules.

Is it so hard to understand? Or is this something you are not going to respect? Which is it?

Upvote 0

Mankin

A Strange Mixture of Random Components.
Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
In the Norse Lands
✟54,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's against the rules just because you don't supply a verse with every debate? The way I see it progs give verse references quite a bit and I've seen Leb do it as well.

Reactions: Lebesgue
Upvote 0

Mankin

A Strange Mixture of Random Components.
Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
In the Norse Lands
✟54,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There are verses that contradict EGW as you have seen from users. By regardless they get reported. I know as well as you do that reporting is just some people's way of showing displeasure. No offense meant.

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because you made condescending remarks about EGW and SDA doctrines without giving scriptural reference. That is against the rules.

Is it so hard to understand? Or is this something you are not going to respect? Which is it?
So to properly meet the rules which the TSDA's placed in the discussion sub-forum all you have to do is say Ellen White should be dumped and forgotten as the Bible says (Jer 15:6 NIV) You have rejected me," declares the LORD. "You keep on backsliding. So I will lay hands on you and destroy you; I can no longer show compassion.

So maybe people have to play a game in discussions with out of context Bible verses to argue legitimate ideas. The rules were made and they were voted on by people who thought very little about them but played follow the leader. With, as you see the results.

Reactions: Lebesgue
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeanM

Jun 4, 2007
✟5,870.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
(I'm the new mod- so please bear with me)

1) I cannot and will not discuss staff actions in public- That is a rule I agreed to.

2) The 'report' system is a function of the website, and not a 'staff action,' so I am allowed to discuss the reporting feature.

As a mod, I see my job as 'keeping the peace and providing a smooth experience for as many folks as I can.'

The report feature is there to help mods like me find the trouble-spots more quickly than I would be able to if I were to read through every post on every thread in evey forum that I moderate. As a rule, I do like to read every post, but my time can sometimes be limited.

The report feature can be used by any member of CF, not just staff.

Sometimes it is used properly. Some times it is not.

But it is what it is. It is a report. It is not a staff decision, nor is it proof that anybody did anything wrong.

The best way to avoid being reported is to try to follow the rules of CF, as well as the Forum Specific Guidelines (FSGs).

If you play nice, and follow the rules, I wouldn't worry about any reports that may be generated.

I used to get reported quite a bit, so I know how it feels. I felt that the report system was being used against me. In some cases, I may have been correct. But now I've learned a few things about CF. If I'm angry, I walk away until I can respond in an even tone. I've learned that sarcasm does not help me make my point (though sometimes I still can't resist!).

I still have a few issues that 'fire me up.' I'm a liberal, you know, so I have heard all sorts of things about my failure as a Christian.

But I still try to keep a calm tone, and show respect to those I disagree with. In the end, a level head can prove to be quite valuable in a discussion.

Please forgive me for lecturing!

I just wanted to make a few points about reports, and how to avoid them.

Again, if you maintain a calm tone, and follow the rules, you'll still be able to say everything that you need to say.

I'd be happy to help any of you who sincerely would like to hear more about how I made the transition from constantly-reported to even-keeled. It's not hard!

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
(I'm the new mod- so please bear with me)

1) I cannot and will not discuss staff actions in public- That is a rule I agreed to.

2) The 'report' system is a function of the website, and not a 'staff action,' so I am allowed to discuss the reporting feature.

As a mod, I see my job as 'keeping the peace and providing a smooth experience for as many folks as I can.'

The report feature is there to help mods like me find the trouble-spots more quickly than I would be able to if I were to read through every post on every thread in evey forum that I moderate. As a rule, I do like to read every post, but my time can sometimes be limited.

The report feature can be used by any member of CF, not just staff.

Sometimes it is used properly. Some times it is not.

But it is what it is. It is a report. It is not a staff decision, nor is it proof that anybody did anything wrong.

The best way to avoid being reported is to try to follow the rules of CF, as well as the Forum Specific Guidelines (FSGs).

If you play nice, and follow the rules, I wouldn't worry about any reports that may be generated.

I used to get reported quite a bit, so I know how it feels. I felt that the report system was being used against me. In some cases, I may have been correct. But now I've learned a few things about CF. If I'm angry, I walk away until I can respond in an even tone. I've learned that sarcasm does not help me make my point (though sometimes I still can't resist!).

I still have a few issues that 'fire me up.' I'm a liberal, you know, so I have heard all sorts of things about my failure as a Christian.

But I still try to keep a calm tone, and show respect to those I disagree with. In the end, a level head can prove to be quite valuable in a discussion.

Please forgive me for lecturing!

I just wanted to make a few points about reports, and how to avoid them.

Again, if you maintain a calm tone, and follow the rules, you'll still be able to say everything that you need to say.

I'd be happy to help any of you who sincerely would like to hear more about how I made the transition from constantly-reported to even-keeled. It's not hard!

Thanks, Dean!

I am somewhat liberal myself so I can relate.

G-d Bless.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Welcome to CF Adventist, fundamentalist style, soon to be known as Tradland.

Just a mere taste of what the Progs have endured here for years now.

Why? I will tell you why. Some of them simply do NOT want us OR our area here. You see, this is not just a discussion forum for some of them Lebesgue. Get any sort of delusions that they want or desire open and free discussion on all things Adventist here, because it simply is not true. In fact, such a premise is laughable. No, free and open discussion is either wanted or desired. Indeed, all views but their own would be censored if some had their way. Not all are this way, but enough of them are to warrant our concern.

For some of them, this place is merely an apologist instrument, an indoctrination tool, a platform in which they can advertise and endorse TSDAism to the online world.

Simply put, it is a P.R. vehicle for fundamentalist Adventism. And, naturally, we and our area stand in the way of that agenda.

Why do you think we read them wailing and moaning about how the visitors are being 'influenced' and 'corrupted' by our views? Or that visitors are 'confused' by the two strains of Adventism they find here? Really? As if these were mental invalids who did not have the ability to discern and choose for themselves? :doh: As if these two (and MORE) types of Adventism do NOT exist in the church and have for years now?

Do you think it is coincidence that as soon as Crimson expressed her doubts about Adventism a couple of days ago the finger slowly turned to point at us?

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=44438331&postcount=31

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=44441527&postcount=35

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=44444277&postcount=36

Oh, you had better believe they hold us responsible for that one no matter what anyone says, and even Crimson's protests won't dissuade them from that. And you can bank that they will get their retaliation in due time.

Why do you think some are so adamant that there is only ONE officially recognized style of Adventism in existence (Trad Adventism) and that there is no such thing as Liberal, Post-Modern, Evangelical or Progressive Adventism? Which is complete baloney, and I can only conclude any Trad who tries to maintain that hogwash has NOT been to the European, Australian and Southern California divisions of the world church. :doh:

Why do you think some get into such a snit about us being 'offshoots' and not a part of the Adventist family?

Why do you think some complain about and chafe under the whole issue of the SDA logo and name being used by us and how we are 'prostituting' the Adventist name?

It's because, my dear friend Lebesgue, they want this place to be a P.R. VEHICLE FOR THE TRADITIONAL SEGMENT OF THE CHURCH.

And they will stop at nothing in thier idealized, dream forum cleansed of any influence whatsoever of anything outside of TSDAism. They have already succeeded in transforming the main forum into that, and you can be sure they intend to use anything, censorship, force, intimidation or attack to maintain that ideal. They will take out anything that stands in the way of making this whole place into a glistening pinnacle of fundamentalism, a beacon of TSDAism wooing people from all corners of the online forum world.

And you had better believe that number one on thier hit-list are you fellows from CARM. They hate you guys more than they do us, because our influence on visitors will at least not deter them from the church. It might cause them to question certain doctrines (which is a GOOD thing BTW). You guys pose a very real threat to them in that you will poison visitors to not even consider the SDA church as a viable option whatsoever.

It's not brother. Not even remotely.

Don't worry, those of us without a Trad agenda can clearly see it was not.

But if course, that is the Trad M.O. and always has been here.

I gave up long ago trying to convince any of them that I do not 'hate' EGW and that I don't personally 'attack' her. But you will still read some of them levelling the same old charges against me, even after a year of my presence here.

The only problem with this slander is that I do not attack her personally, never have, never will. And they have not and cannot produce one iota of evidence that I have anywhere in the archives of this site.

But still, the same false charge persists that I 'hate' EGW even though I am one of the few Progs who has not rejected her completely. And while it used to infuriate me to no end, I just laugh about it now, because it is clear that some are just too blind in thier righteous anger to see the difference between attacking her assertions, beliefs and theology and attacking her personally.

The truth is, many Trads here simply don't have a clue what 'attacking' EGW involves. Methinks they need to take a guided tour of CARM or FA forums and then they would have something to bellyache about, eh Lebesgue? ;)

Welcome to our world dude. Jump in and join us, the water is fine! :cool:

And you have only endured about a month of this, right? Try a YEAR or TWO on for size!

None of us can. They will make sure of that.

Have you noticed that I rarely post outside of our area? That is not because I love it so much in here. It is necessary for my forum survival.

They have taken over the whole forum outside of this corner, and this is the last bastion of sanity here for many of us Progs.

Of course, it is only a matter of time until they get our area wiped off this forum. I have no doubt that this is being orchestrated behind the scenes as we speak.

But until then, we can utilize it to our advantage until the last barrier tumbles down and anything outside of TSDAism will be a distant memory on CF. I wouldn't be suprised if, after succeeding in ridding us from this place, they pushed to have any posts or threads in the archives outside of TSDAism deleted and wiped out.

Until then, the strategy they have is to REPORT, REPORT, REPORT, REPORT in the hopes that something, anything, will stick.

A corporate takeover of our area is not possible at this time, because there are rules that prevent that, so the next best thing is to get us banned one by one.

Oh, you probably will. There is no place you can escape from thier incessant, petty spite-reporting. But at least in here, you will not have any Trad mods overseeing your fate.

Just one of the few concessions we Progs were able to formulate and put in place for our survival here. :)

It's just frustrating.

HA. You're telling me! Get used to that feeling while you are here friend, because it will always be there. You learn to live with it though. It's just a matter of clenching your teeth and packing it way in the back of your mind. Embrace that anger at the injustice you see here and use it to slaughter any of the anti-gospel assertions they try to advance. If you stick to the issues, you shouldn't have a problem. They can report you until the cows come home, but any mod worth thier salt will not give thier cries of protest the time of day if you just attack beliefs and theology.

Of course, there are always exceptions, as I have discovered more than once. Many Trads cannot distinguish between themselves and thier doctrinal beliefs. The two have melded and fused into one entity for them. Therefore, just as with EGW, you attack thier theology, you are attacking them to thier minds, which of course is pure nonsense.

The bottom line is that the mods cannot also have that same mindset, or you are toast. The Trad mods do, so that is why you would be better off to post your doctrinal isues in here instead of out there.

Take care and be careful out there. As someone from CARM, you have a big bullyseye on your forehead.

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Welcome to CF Adventist, fundamentalist style, soon to be known as Tradland.

Just a mere taste of what the Progs have endured here for years now.

Why? I will tell you why. Some of them simply do NOT want us OR our area here. You see, this is not just a discussion forum for some of them Lebesgue. Get any sort of delusions that they want or desire open and free discussion on all things Adventist here, because it simply is not true. In fact, such a premise is laughable. No, free and open discussion is either wanted or desired. Indeed, all views but their own would be censored if some had their way. Not all are this way, but enough of them are, some in key positions, to warrant our concern.

For some of them, this place is merely an apologist instrument, an indoctrination tool, a platform in which they can advertise and endorse TSDAism to the online world.

Simply put, it is a P.R. vehicle for fundamentalist Adventism. And, naturally, we and our area stand in the way of that agenda.

Why do you think we read them wailing and moaning about how the visitors are being 'influenced' and 'corrupted' by our views? Or that visitors are 'confused' by the two strains of Adventism they find here? Really? As if these were mental invalids who did not have the ability to discern and choose for themselves? :doh: As if these two (and MORE) types of Adventism do NOT exist in the church and have for years now?

Do you think it is coincidence that as soon as Crimson expressed her doubts about Adventism a couple of days ago the finger slowly turned to point at us?

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=44438331&postcount=31

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=44441527&postcount=35

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=44444277&postcount=36

Oh, you had better believe they hold us responsible for that one no matter what anyone says, and even Crimson's protests won't dissuade them from that. And you can bank that they will get their retaliation in due time.

Why do you think some are so adamant that there is only ONE officially recognized style of Adventism in existence (Trad Adventism) and that there is no such thing as Liberal, Post-Modern, Evangelical or Progressive Adventism? Which is complete baloney, and I can only conclude any Trad who tries to maintain that hogwash has NOT been to the European, Australian and Southern California divisions of the world church. :doh:

Why do you think some get into such a snit about us being 'offshopots' and not a part of the Adventist family?

Why do you think some complain about and chafe under the whole issue of the SDA logo and name being used by us?

It's because, my dear friend Lebesgue, they want this place to be a P.R. VEHICLE FOR THE TRADITIONAL SEGMENT OF THE CHURCH.

And they will stop at nothing in thier idealized, dream forum cleansed of any influence whatsoever of anything outside of TSDAism. They have already succeeded in transforming the main forum into that, and you can be sure they intend to use anything, censorship, force or attack to maintain that ideal. They will take out anything that stands in the way of making this whole place into a glistening pinnacle of fundamentalism, a beacon of TSDAism wooing people from all corners of the online forum world.

And you had better believe that number one on thier hit-list are you fellows from CARM. They hate you guys more than they do us, because our influence on visitors will at least not deter them from the church, it might cause them to question certain doctrines (which is a GOOD thing BTW). You guys pose a very real threat to them in that you will poison visitors to not even consider the SDA church as a viable option whatsoever.

It's not brother. Not even remotely.

Don't worry, those of us without a Trad agenda can clearly see it was not.

But if course, that is the Trad M.O. and always has been here.

I gave up long ago trying to convince any of them that I do not 'hate' EGW and that I don't personally 'attack' her. But you will still read some of them levelling the same old charges against me, even after a year of my presence here.

The only problem with this slander is that I do not attack her personally, never have, never will. And they have not and cannot produce one iota of evidence that I have anywhere in the archives of this site.

But still, the same false charge persists even though I am one of the few Progs who has not rejected EGW completely. And while it used to infuriate me to no end, I just laugh about it now, because it is clear that some are just too blind in tier righteous anger to see the difference between attacking her assertions, beliefs and theology and attacking her personally.

The truth is, many Trads here simply don't have a clue what 'attacking' EGW involves. Methinks they need to take a guided tour of CARM or FA forums and then they would have something to bellyache about, eh Lebesgue? ;)

Welcome to our world dude. Jump in and join us, the water is fine! :cool:

And you have only endured about a month of this, right? Try a YEAR or TWO on for size!

None of us can. They will make sure of that.

Have you noticed that I rarely post outside of our area? That is not because I love it so much in here. It is necessary for my forum survival.

They have taken over the whole forum outside of this corner, and this is the last bastion of sanity here for many of us Progs.

Of course, it is only a matter of time until they get our area wiped off this forum. I have no doubt that this is being orchestrated behind the scenes as we speak.

But until then, we can utilize it to our advantage until the last barrier tumbles down and anything outside of TSDAism will be a distant memory on CF. I wouldn't be suprised if, after succeeding in ridding us from this place, they pushed to have any posts or threads in the archives outside of TSDAism deleted and wiped out.

Until then, the strategy they have is to REPORT, REPORT, REPORT in the hopes that something, anything, will stick.

A corporate takeover of our area is not possible at this time, because there are rules that prevent that, so the next best thing is to get us banned one by one.

Oh, you probably will. There is no place you can escape from thier incessant, petty spite-reporting. But at least in here, you will not have any Trad mods opverseeing your fate.

Just one of the few consessions we Progs were able to formulate and put in place for our survival here. :)

It's just frustrating.

HA. You're telling me! Get used to that feeling while you are here friend, becuase it will always be there. You learn to live with it though. It's just am matter of clenching your teech and packing it way in the back of your mind. Use that anger at the injustice and use it to slaughter any of the anti-gospel assertions they try to advance. If you stick to the issues, you shouldn;t have a problem. They can report you until the cows come home, but any mod worth thier salt will not give thier cries of [protest the time of day if you just attack beliefs and theology.

Of course, there are always exceptions, as I have discovered more than once. Many Trads cannot distinguish between themselves and thier doctrinal beliefs. The two have melded and fused into one entity. Therefore, just as with EGW, you attack thier theology, you are attacking them to thier minds, which of course is pure nonsense.

The bottom line is that the mods cannot also have that mindset, or you are toast.

Night, thanks! I hear ya' brother.

I have heard the SDA churches in Australia are a lot more progressive than those in the US.

I've heard that about SoCal as well, but funny thing I've never experienced it. The "mainstream" SDA churches in SoCal may be but I experienced Asian Churches in SoCal mostly and it is like stepping into a pre-Questions on Doctrine time warp.

How are the SDA churches in Canada?

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Same as down there. We have Celebration SDA churches, Liberal SDA churches, Moderate SDA churches, Conservative SDA churches, Ultra-conservative SDA churches and extremist conservative offshoot organizations.

I think, though, that Canada is predominately made up of mostly Moderate SDA churches. Mildly conservative but not fanatical and fundamentalist. Of course, you are going to find your wacko historical Adventist kooks in some of them, but they do not make up the majority in the congregation by any stretch of the imagination. They are usually just trouble-makers who would rather visit a Moderate church rather than an Ultra-Conservative one so that they can proselytize and force thier SDA Reform/Shepherd's Rod literature on unsuspecting parishoners who are still in the heart of the mainline SDA Babylonian beast, causing the poor pastors no shortage of headaches!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums