Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it's related to the OP. One idea there is that the Bible says that the weekly Sabbath is Saturday, but the Catholic Church - without God's approval - changed the primary day of rest and worship to Sunday. Later churches followed their lead.

But if all authentic Christians have the Sabbath commandment written into their minds, then where were they when the Catholic church was allegedly doing this?

True, there are reports throughout history of Seventh-Day groups. But we ought to see a common happening of people becoming authentic Christians, leaving Catholicism, and setting up seventh day groups.

Moving into modern times, a common saying among seventh day observers is that there are authentic Christians in all groups. In times of ignorance, God winks. But once a person learns the truth about the Sabbath, they have to make a choice: start observing the Sabbath or be willfully sinning.

But if all authentic Christians have the Sabbath commandment written into their minds, then that doesn't hold together. There is no time of ignorance about the seventh day, it's written into their minds. So there can't be authentic Christians in non-seventh day groups, following that reasoning.

Does that make sense? :heart:
From your point of view, yes.

I have come to realize my explanation has been defective. Writing the law in our hearts doesn't literally mean commandments themselves but the attitude of love for God is love and so is His law. This means that when the HS teaches us things we naturally and joyfully obey His instructions. But one of God's methods of teaching us is through His word. When we have that love for God we never look to evade anything God tells us to do. However we are all raised in different cultures so to speak and thus have been taught different standards of behavior and ideas about God's word. This means we have different understandings of what certain Biblical concepts mean. It's like this with the Sabbath. I was eaised to believe the 7th day was the Sabbath and you were not thus until you come to understand the importance pf keeping you will not do do so, vut God accepts you right where you're at. Remember, man looketh on the outward appearance but God looketh upon the heart.

I hope that makes sense to you.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From your point of view, yes.

I have come to realize my explanation has been defective. Writing the law in our hearts doesn't literally mean commandments themselves but the attitude of love for God is love and so is His law. This means that when the HS teaches us things we naturally and joyfully obey His instructions. But one of God's methods of teaching us is through His word. When we have that love for God we never look to evade anything God tells us to do. However we are all raised in different cultures so to speak and thus have been taught different standards of behavior and ideas about God's word. This means we have different understandings of what certain Biblical concepts mean. It's like this with the Sabbath. I was eaised to believe the 7th day was the Sabbath and you were not thus until you come to understand the importance pf keeping you will not do do so, vut God accepts you right where you're at. Remember, man looketh on the outward appearance but God looketh upon the heart.
I hope that makes sense to you.
Yes, that makes sense :heart:

The things that we could still discuss then, if you like, is what the Bible as a whole has to say about seventh day behavior.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, that makes sense :heart:

The things that we could still discuss then, if you like, is what the Bible as a whole has to say about seventh day behavior.

That sounds good to me,

Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Exo_20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Neh 13:16 There dwelt men of Tyre also therein, which brought fish, and all manner of ware, and sold on the sabbath unto the children of Judah, and in Jerusalem.

Psa 92:1 A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
Psa 92:2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,

There is more but this gives a good summary of what
God wants us to do, and what He doesn't want us to do on Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That sounds good to me,

There is more but this gives a good summary of what
God wants us to do, and what He doesn't want us to do on Sabbath.
Starting with the first one, what leads you to believe that Isaiah 58 is binding on us? I thought you had said that out of all the instructions in the Old Testament only the Ten Commandments were instructions for us in the New Covenant.

Or are you seeing it as a promise? It looks like the promise is for the children of Jacob.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Starting with the first one, what leads you to believe that Isaiah 58 is binding on us? I thought you had said that out of all the instructions in the Old Testament only the Ten Commandments were instructions for us in the New Covenant.

Or are you seeing it as a promise? It looks like the promise is for the children of Jacob.
Telling us what He expects from us on Sabbath is directly related to the commandments. It's no different than Jesus expanding on the commandments in the sermon on the mount.

Where have I ever said that no instructions in the OT concern us but the 10 commandments? That seems to be a big misunderstanding on your part as I quote the OT constantly.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Telling us what He expects from us on Sabbath is directly related to the commandments. It's no different than Jesus expanding on the commandments in the sermon on the mount.

Where have I ever said that no instructions in the OT concern us but the 10 commandments? That seems to be a big misunderstanding on your part as I quote the OT constantly.
Okay, we'll return to the beginning. Out of all the instructions in the Old Testament, which ones do we keep?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, will return to the beginning. Out of all the instructions in the Old Testament, which ones do we keep?
Everything except those laws that point to Christ's first advent as those just naturally no longer apply since He already came.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything except those laws that point to Christ's first advent as those just naturally no longer apply since He already came.
That's all of the scriptures, isn't it?

Also, if we want to talk about this in-depth, we may wish to switch to a thread more oriented towards it, such as

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's all of the scriptures, isn't it?

Also, if we want to talk about this in-depth, we may wish to switch to a thread more oriented towards it, such as
Huh? Just where do you get that idea?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? Just where do you get that idea?
Continued over here, post #923. The link should take you directly there :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In the Bible the weekly Sabbath is Saturday - the 7th day of the week. From Friday Evening to Saturday evening.

So it is no wonder that when the gospels say that Jesus was raised on the first day of the week - everyone knows that this means our Sunday. This is easy and obvious.

The Catholic Church document "the Faith Explained" asks the question about "changing the LORD's day from Saturday to Sunday" like this -

1965 -- first published 1959 (from "The Faith Explained" by Leo Trese page 243)

"we know that in the O.T it was the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath day- which was observed as the Lord's day. that was the law as God gave it...'remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.. the early Christian church determined as the Lord's day the first day of the week. That the church had the right to make such a law is evident...The reason for changing the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday lies in the fact that to the Christian church the first day of the week had been made double holy...​
nothing is said in the bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday..that is why we find so illogical the attitude of many non-Catholic who say they will believe nothing unless they can find it in the bible and yet will continue to keep Sunday as the Lord's day on the say-so of the Catholic church"

I fully agree with - "in the O.T it was the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath day- which was observed as the Lord's day. that was the law as God gave it."

I fully agree with - "nothing is said in the bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday"

Some will say "I don't care what the Catholic position is" but this idea of a "Change" for the Bible Sabbath from Saturday (the 7th day) to the first day is also mentioned in the Baptist Confession of Faith and in other denominational documents across the board.

Why then are they so clear on the fact that the Sabbath is the Lord's Day - and that a change was made via some sort of tradition - but not mentioned in the Bible.?

Is 58:13
“If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

Mark 2:27 "The Son of man is LORD of the Sabbath"

Is 66:23 says that for all eternity after the cross and in the New Earth - "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship"

So no wonder in Acts 18:4 EVERY Sabbath they gather for gospel preaching in the synagogue - as Paul preached to both gentiles and Jews
No wonder in Acts 13 the GENTILES ask for MORE Gospel preaching to be scheduled for "The NEXT Sabbath" and then the next Sabbath almost the entire town shows up to hear it.

All Bible scholars know the following -
1. There is no text saying 'the first day of the week is the Lord's day"
2. There is no text saying 'the first day of the week is the holy day of the Lord"
3. There is no text saying 'the first day of the week is My holy day"
4. There is no text saying "every week day one they gathered for gospel preaching"
5. There is no text saying "the Son of Man is LORD of week day 1"
6. There is no text saying "week day one is now the Sabbath of the LORD thy God" or "is now the Lord's day"
7. There is no text says "the gentiles asked that more Gospel preaching be given to them - on the next week day 1"

Some will say "well that just adds more weight to the Catholic Document quoted above stating that there is nothing in the Bible on that point". And of course that is true it does add weight to that part of their statement.

==========================================

"They [the Catholics] allege the Sabbath changed into Sunday, the Lord's day, contrary to the Decalogue, as it appears, neither is there any example more boasted of than the changing of the Sabbath day. Great, say they, is the power and authority of the church, since it dispensed with one of the Ten Commandments."

—Augsburg Confession of Faith, Art. 28, par. 9.

"They [Roman Catholics] allege the change of the Sabbath into the Lord's day, as it seemeth, to the Decalogue [the ten commandments]; and they have no example more in their mouths than they change of the Sabbath. They will needs have the Church's power to be very great, because it hath dispensed with the precept of the Decalogue."

—The Augsburg Confession, 1530 A.D. (Lutheran), part 2, art 7, in Philip Schaff, the Creeds of Christiandom, 4th Edition, vol 3, p64 [this important statement was made by the Lutherans and written by Melanchthon, only thirteen years after Luther nailed his theses to the door and began the Reformation].
As a matter of interest, the expression in Revelation 1:1 where John was in the Spirit "on the Lord's Day", is a mistranslation. It wasn't the Lord's Day. It was "the Day of the Lord". What this means is that John was transported to heaven to view what was to happen in the Day of the Lord, the events surrounding the Second Coming of Christ.

The early disciples were Jewish and worshipped in the Temple until it was destroyed in AD70. The Day of Pentecost was not a Sunday. When the disciples met on the first day of the Week. it was to observe Christ's Resurrection that happened on the Sunday.

The Gentile churches who were not Jewish, worshipped on the Sunday, because their pagan communities worshipped the Sun God on that day. Saturday was a work day in pagan communities, and so Sunday became worship for the Gentile churches.

When Christianity became the state religion of Rome, and the pagan temples became Christian churches, Sunday was set aside for Christian worship to take the place of pagan worship on that day. Everyone was given a day off on that day, including the slaves, so in the Roman Empire, Christian worship was set as Sunday. But according to Scripture, Saturday is the Biblical Sabbath. This was established long before the nation of Israel and the Mosaic Law. This is why Saturday worship is quite okay and it doesn't mean that one has to be an SDA to worship on that day.

But no one is going to hell because they continue to worship on Sunday. It doesn't matter what day one worships as long as they worship in spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As a matter of interest, the expression in Revelation 1:1 where John was in the Spirit "on the Lord's Day", is a mistranslation. It wasn't the Lord's Day. It was "the Day of the Lord". What this means is that John was transported to heaven to view what was to happen in the Day of the Lord, the events surrounding the Second Coming of Christ.

The early disciples were Jewish and worshipped in the Temple until it was destroyed in AD70. The Day of Pentecost was not a Sunday. When the disciples met on the first day of the Week. it was to observe Christ's Resurrection that happened on the Sunday.

The Gentile churches who were not Jewish, worshipped on the Sunday, because their pagan communities worshipped the Sun God on that day. Saturday was a work day in pagan communities, and so Sunday became worship for the Gentile churches.

When Christianity became the state religion of Rome, and the pagan temples became Christian churches, Sunday was set aside for Christian worship to take the place of pagan worship on that day. Everyone was given a day off on that day, including the slaves, so in the Roman Empire, Christian worship was set as Sunday. But according to Scripture, Saturday is the Biblical Sabbath. This was established long before the nation of Israel and the Mosaic Law. This is why Saturday worship is quite okay and it doesn't mean that one has to be an SDA to worship on that day.

But no one is going to hell because they continue to worship on Sunday. It doesn't matter what day one worships as long as they worship in spirit and in truth.
You are mistaken in your assertion that the disciples assembled on Sunday to worship.

Joh_20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

That doesn't sound like an assembly based on anything but fear. It certainly isn't a joyful occasion which is what worship is.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As a matter of interest, the expression in Revelation 1:1 where John was in the Spirit "on the Lord's Day", is a mistranslation. It wasn't the Lord's Day. It was "the Day of the Lord".
Young's literal translation
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's-day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying,

New American Standard
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet,

New King James
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,

The Gentile churches who were not Jewish, worshipped on the Sunday
It is gentiles that ask for more gospel preaching to be scheduled for them on "The next Sabbath" - not Jews (Acts 13)

It is gentiles and Jews coming back "Sabbath after Sabbath" in Acts 17:1-5 - and hearing more Gospel preaching

It is gentiles and Jews coming back "every Sabbath" Acts 18:4 and hearing more Gospel preaching

It is gentiles that are specifically singled out for Sabbath keeping in Is 56:6-8

It is all mankind that is to come before God and worship for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from one Sabbath to another" Is 66:23
In fact I suspect that most Christians who worship on the Bible seventh day Sabbath are not SDA even though SDA is the largest single group that does (the 5th largest Christian denomination according to Christianity Today in one if its 2015 articles)

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't know of one NT text that says
1. We meet every week-day-1 to celebrate the resurrection
2. We met one time on week-day-1 to celebrate the resurrection
3. We meet every week-day-1 for worship in honor of the resurrection
4. We meet on week-day-1 instead of the 7th day - after the cross
But according to Scripture, Saturday is the Biblical Sabbath. This was established long before the nation of Israel and the Mosaic Law. This is why Saturday worship is quite okay

In Mark 7:7-13 Christ flat out condemns the practice of using tradition to edit/cancel/modify even one of the "Commandments of God".
So yes that means it is "ok" groups like SDAs to NOT edit/modify/delete one of God's commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

In Mark 7:7-13 Christ flat out condemns the practice of using tradition to edit/cancel/modify even one of the "Commandments of God".
So yes that means it is "ok" groups like SDAs to NOT edit/modify/delete one of God's commandments.
The seventh day Sabbath was instituted at Creation, long before the Commandments were given. It was right at the beginning when the six day working week was set up with the seventh day being a day of rest.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

As a matter of interest, one of the main reasons why the Christian church decided that Sunday was their day of worship, was the anti-Semitic attitude that was prevalent then, and is still there today in many Christian churches. The churches wanted to separate themselves from anything Jewish, such as seventh day worship.

It is interesting that most pastors and ministers have a set of systematic theology books in their libraries, which all but one of the principal components of systematic theology. What is missing, is Israelology - the part that Israel is playing in God's plans and purposes, and its inclusion in what God is going to do at the end time. This is also evidence of the basic anti-Semitic attitude underpinning the training of pastors and ministers in much of today's churches.

One more thing to stir the pot: There are all the signs of impending judgment to come on the United States. In relatively modern times, most if not all of the principles valued by the Founding Fathers have been ignored, and the nation is riddled with violence, crime, immorality, homosexuality, murder of unborn babies, and dishonest politics. Also, at least 60% of Evangelical churches no longer believe that the Bible is God's Word, and that Christian profession does not have the basis of repentance and receiving Christ as Saviour. We are seeing that the modern Charismatic church is teaching prosperity and the importance of wealth, and is turning itself into the pattern of the Laodicean church which Jesus said nothing good about, and indicated that those who pattern themselves on it will not be Raptured, but will have to go through the Great Tribulation and suffer along with the unbelievers.

What is holding back judgment on the United States is its support for Israel, But the time will come when it will no longer support Israel and will join the other nations to fight against it. When that happens judgment will come quickly, more rapidly than we realise. That is the reason why we should examine ourselves to ensure that we are in the faith, and that we are genuinely trusting in Christ and His finished work on the Cross so that when the day comes, we will rise to meet Christ in the air, and so avoid the Tribulation events that will come on the earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As a matter of interest, one of the main reasons why the Christian church decided that Sunday was their day of worship, was the anti-Semitic attitude that was prevalent then,
I agree ... over time (sometime after the first century) they started to make that move.

and is still there today in many Christian churches. The churches wanted to separate themselves from anything Jewish, such as seventh day worship.
I agree

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟428,007.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the Bible the weekly Sabbath is Saturday - the 7th day of the week. From Friday Evening to Saturday evening.

So it is no wonder that when the gospels say that Jesus was raised on the first day of the week - everyone knows that this means our Sunday. This is easy and obvious.

The Catholic Church document "the Faith Explained" asks the question about "changing the LORD's day from Saturday to Sunday" like this -

1965 -- first published 1959 (from "The Faith Explained" by Leo Trese page 243)

"we know that in the O.T it was the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath day- which was observed as the Lord's day. that was the law as God gave it...'remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.. the early Christian church determined as the Lord's day the first day of the week. That the church had the right to make such a law is evident...The reason for changing the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday lies in the fact that to the Christian church the first day of the week had been made double holy...​
nothing is said in the bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday..that is why we find so illogical the attitude of many non-Catholic who say they will believe nothing unless they can find it in the bible and yet will continue to keep Sunday as the Lord's day on the say-so of the Catholic church"

I fully agree with - "in the O.T it was the seventh day of the week - the Sabbath day- which was observed as the Lord's day. that was the law as God gave it."

I fully agree with - "nothing is said in the bible about the change of the Lord's day from Saturday to Sunday"

Some will say "I don't care what the Catholic position is" but this idea of a "Change" for the Bible Sabbath from Saturday (the 7th day) to the first day is also mentioned in the Baptist Confession of Faith and in other denominational documents across the board.

Why then are they so clear on the fact that the Sabbath is the Lord's Day - and that a change was made via some sort of tradition - but not mentioned in the Bible.?

Is 58:13
“If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

Mark 2:27 "The Son of man is LORD of the Sabbath"

Is 66:23 says that for all eternity after the cross and in the New Earth - "From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL mankind come before Me to worship"

So no wonder in Acts 18:4 EVERY Sabbath they gather for gospel preaching in the synagogue - as Paul preached to both gentiles and Jews
No wonder in Acts 13 the GENTILES ask for MORE Gospel preaching to be scheduled for "The NEXT Sabbath" and then the next Sabbath almost the entire town shows up to hear it.

All Bible scholars know the following -
1. There is no text saying 'the first day of the week is the Lord's day"
2. There is no text saying 'the first day of the week is the holy day of the Lord"
3. There is no text saying 'the first day of the week is My holy day"
4. There is no text saying "every week day one they gathered for gospel preaching"
5. There is no text saying "the Son of Man is LORD of week day 1"
6. There is no text saying "week day one is now the Sabbath of the LORD thy God" or "is now the Lord's day"
7. There is no text says "the gentiles asked that more Gospel preaching be given to them - on the next week day 1"

Some will say "well that just adds more weight to the Catholic Document quoted above stating that there is nothing in the Bible on that point". And of course that is true it does add weight to that part of their statement.

==========================================

"They [the Catholics] allege the Sabbath changed into Sunday, the Lord's day, contrary to the Decalogue, as it appears, neither is there any example more boasted of than the changing of the Sabbath day. Great, say they, is the power and authority of the church, since it dispensed with one of the Ten Commandments."

—Augsburg Confession of Faith, Art. 28, par. 9.

"They [Roman Catholics] allege the change of the Sabbath into the Lord's day, as it seemeth, to the Decalogue [the ten commandments]; and they have no example more in their mouths than they change of the Sabbath. They will needs have the Church's power to be very great, because it hath dispensed with the precept of the Decalogue."

—The Augsburg Confession, 1530 A.D. (Lutheran), part 2, art 7, in Philip Schaff, the Creeds of Christiandom, 4th Edition, vol 3, p64 [this important statement was made by the Lutherans and written by Melanchthon, only thirteen years after Luther nailed his theses to the door and began the Reformation].
That's pretty straightforward..

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
That's pretty straightforward..
Brother, Jesus rose on a Saturday night, before Sunday began in the morning. The first Sabbath in the week of creation in Eden was from morning to morning and the Sabbath in Jerusalem is from evening to evening, falling half a day in Jerusalem before the seventh day of the week which we call Saturday. Here is a video on the Manna story as biblical evidence that the days of the week are from morning to morning since creation.

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,764.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Brother, Jesus rose on a Saturday night, before Sunday began in the morning. The first Sabbath in the week of creation in Eden was from morning to morning and the Sabbath in Jerusalem is from evening to evening, falling half a day in Jerusalem before the seventh day of the week which we call Saturday. Here is a video on the Manna story as biblical evidence that the days of the week are from morning to morning since creation.

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge
You are using Roman time instead of Biblical time, the Sabbath ends t sunset and the first day of the week starts at the same sunset; in the morning Jesus was already gone.

In the Bible the Sabbath is never referred to as the Lord's day.

Upvote 0