Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The thought to go ahead and take the ring doesn't make a thief, it is actually pondering it and doing the crime. Sex is important to GOD to establish families where man is proactive in it's establishment. Homosexuality does not promote that end --- it pomotes itself.

Why does God care about sex so much?

Does he care about eating?

Come on, be honest. We also feel Hugh Hefner wants to sell his magazine... Is he a homosexual? Do Christians hold him in high regard?

I have no idea what this has to do with anything.

All I am asking you is why some Christians seem to think that non-heterosexuals want to "recruit" heterosexual young people.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Contemplate the word "orientation" and you have the beginning of the understanding of an agenda at work. An evil agenda. Looking at the posts here, it seems Noah's fellow townsfolk didn't all drown in the flood. Plenty of mockers about. And of course why the GLBT community is no longer hiding their desires for "questioning youth." Their slippery slide orients the kids in one direction. Of course now there is a law to protect their agenda. It's a hate cime to stop their agenda.

And it's not a hate crime for them to try to intimidate Christians.:preach:

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Does he care about eating?

I have no idea what this has to do with anything.

All I am asking you is why some Christians seem to think that non-heterosexuals want to "recruit" heterosexual young people.

Some Christians realize that there is heterosexual recruitment of young people to be lewd. You are not seeing the obvious. Lewd heterosexualism leads directly to homosexual experimentation. Does GOD wish man to eat tainted food or drink poison? Of course not!

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Some Christians realize that there is heterosexual recruitment of young people to be lewd. You are not seeing the obvious. Lewd heterosexualism leads directly to homosexual experimentation. Does GOD wish man to eat tainted food or drink poison? Of course not!

But that is not recruitment by homosexuals.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But that is not recruitment by homosexuals.

But catering to a group for the sake of that group isn't any different. And frankly I see no difference between the sexual extreems. They both amount to perversion of family building and procreation as the reason for sex.

Upvote 0

cantata

Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But catering to a group for the sake of that group isn't any different. And frankly I see no difference between the sexual extreems. They both amount to perversion of family building and procreation as the reason for sex.

I think the problem is that no one but a relatively small group of people has seen sex that way for quite a long time. You're railing against a minority of people who conspicuously have sex for reasons other than procreation, but the fact remains that most of the sex that happens in the world is for fun, not babymaking.

Upvote 0

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
or have to hear about gay sex and those that love it.

Ok Poly, this is my THIRD request asking you to clarify how it is that you live a life where you are exposed to homosexuals talking about gay sex and how much they love it!

You posted it, now back it up. I have never heard two homosexuals talk about how much they love gay sex.....so where exactly are you hanging out?

Either back up your stereotypical generalizations or admit that you are simply spewing poisonous propaganda.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
WHY?

Why do you think non-heterosexuals want to convert people?

Why do you think their intentions are "evil"?

Some of your posts are blatant presentaton of the need for yet another sex partner, and/or the open celebration of your promiscuous desires. Now, you could be doing this for shock value (and sometimes you are hilarious) or because you desire new and different sex partners.

I present the New Testament position on behavior like that. It is refered to as evil by them and I believe, for good reasons. I think non-heterosexuals want to convert people for the same reason that the inappropriate content industry isn't all about one photo or one film of one couple having sex. For whatever reason, "evil" likes company. Lots and lots of company and rarely is it sought after honestly. And now, evil is proclaimed as a civil right. IMHO.

Upvote 0

cantata

Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Some of your posts are blatant presentaton of the need for yet another sex partner, and/or the open celebration of your promiscuous desires. Now, you could be doing this for shock value (and sometimes you are hilarious) or because you desire new and different sex partners.

I do not need more sex partners. I don't know where you got this idea. In fact I have frequently explained that my approach to sexual relationships has nothing to do with requiring this or that number of partners in order to be happy.

In any case, I don't see what this has to do with my question. Why would non-heterosexuals want to convert people to non-heterosexuality, and what do my sexual proclivities have to do with it? I can tell you in all seriousness, I don't want to sleep with straight women. They are far more trouble than they're worth.

I present the New Testament position on behavior like that. It is refered to as evil by them and I believe, for good reasons. I think non-heterosexuals want to convert people for the same reason that the inappropriate content industry isn't all about one photo or one film of one couple having sex. For whatever reason, "evil" likes company. Lots and lots of company and rarely is it sought after honestly. And now, evil is proclaimed as a civil right. IMHO.

I don't understand why you think that non-heterosexuals are anything like the inappropriate content industry. The inappropriate content industry is just that - an industry. The purpose of it is to make money. Non-heterosexual outreach to young people is not a money-making enterprise, so non-heterosexuals have no desire to convert anyone. What they do want to do is talk to genuinely lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and questioning young people about sexuality, and help them to cope with the confusion and shame involved with discovering or wondering if you are non-heterosexual. Now you may think that they are wrong in that endeavour, and that's your prerogative, but you must see firstly that they are not attempting to recruit any straight kids, and secondly that their intentions are good, even if you believe them to be misguided.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WatersMoon110

To See with Eyes Unclouded by Hate
May 30, 2007
Ohio
✟21,255.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Didn't you know? God is an All-Knowing and All-Powerful Being, but He cares deeply about the sex lives of mere mortal beings on one small planet of all the planets in the universe.

Apparently, He has nothing more important to be doing. *wink*

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This challenge is for polycarp_fan:

You keep insisting that homosexuality goes against god's design and his word. I do not believe your god exists, ergo, I do not believe being gay is against your god's word, or design. Now - if you can show me your god, then I will believe you. It's a simple challenge, that an all-powerful god should be able to take on.

If your god is real, and homosexuality is indeed against his design, then show me your god. If you cannot do this, I will conclude that your god does not exist, and I will conclude points made henceforth concerning a discrepancy between homosexuality and "god's word" are completely without merit.

C'mon, Poly, accept my challenge. The crux of your whole argument lies on what god says/thinks about homosexuals. Prove to me he exists, and I might lend some creedence to what you say. This seems like a simple enough task.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nah. I used to try that "hotline" all the time, problem was, no one ever picked up the phone. Empty promises...

I feel you might have been asking the wrong question or simply didn't like the answer you received.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aerika

Draenei Priestess
Feb 3, 2008
Telaar, Nagrand
✟16,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I feel you might have been asking the wrong question or simply didn't like the answer you received.

Perhaps the same is true of Christian prayers wanting to ban gay marriage.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

So i have to ask a specific question in order to recieve an answer? How backwards is that. And no, LN, I never recieved any answer to dislike. No one communicates with "god".

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps the same is true of Christian prayers wanting to ban gay marriage.

If homosexual marriages were acceptable in the eyes of GOD, they would have been performed in Jerusalem at the time of CHRIST and he would have likely changed water into wine at one. They were not. CHRIST visted none, and the wedding feast recorded was not used by CHRIST to propose that possibility.

Personally, I do not pray for the banning of homosexual marriage, I pray for Christian marriages to become stronger and last longer and to set the standard as an example.

Upvote 0

Aerika

Draenei Priestess
Feb 3, 2008
Telaar, Nagrand
✟16,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If homosexual marriages were acceptable in the eyes of GOD, they would have been performed in Jerusalem at the time of CHRIST and he would have likely changed water into wine at one. They were not. CHRIST visted none, and the wedding feast recorded was not used by CHRIST to propose that possibility.

Personally, I do not pray for the banning of homosexual marriage, I pray for Christian marriages to become stronger and last longer and to set the standard as an example.

That is a very commendable prayer but oddly, there is no evidence it is working. The divorce rates of Christians is no better than the divorce rates of atheist.

Divorce rates among conservative Christians were significantly higher than for other faith groups, and much higher than Atheists and Agnostics experience.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

Upvote 0