Why the 'obsession' with homosexuality?

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I take it you cannot find a passage in the Bible that says "sex is for procreation only," then.

"Be fruitful and multiply." Also the design of the human body speaks to the act of God's creation. There's a "duh" that is appropriate here.

And I'll keep praying that your eyes are opened, brother.

You can pray all you want to. If you are praying to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, you will be the one to benefit from the truth. Notice no gay marriage even in their side of the Bible. Physician, heal thyself. You have some logs causing you blindness. I have removed mine. But praying (if it is to the right God) is not a bad thing to consider doing, except to your liberal/humanist/gay buddies.

Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Be fruitful and multiply." Also the design of the human body speaks to the act of God's creation. There's a "duh" that is appropriate here.

Your "duh" is mighty premature. Genesis 9:1 "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth." If you don't believe we have filled the earth already, I would love to hear what you would consider filled.

You can pray all you want to. If you are praying to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, you will be the one to benefit from the truth. Notice no gay marriage even in there side of the Bible. Physician, heal thyself. You have some logs causing you blindness. I have removed mine. But praying (if it is to the right God) is not a bad thing to consider doing, except to your liberal/humanist/gay buddies.
I've been where you are at now, and I had my Damascus road moment where God opened my eyes and showed me that the Biblical interpretation that condemns homosexuality has no proof. (Is this why you have yet to show me some evidence?) I will continue to pray that you will have a similar revelation one day, and be free of your blinders. :hug:

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The funny thing is that, presumably, it was God who invented the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] (unless Satan got in on the act while God wasn't looking) - an organ which apparently has no function other than pleasure. I'm afraid you pretty much need hands or a mouth to stimulate that; vaginal sex just doesn't cut it for almost all women. So what I'm wondering is where this idea comes from that the DESIGN of the human body indicates that vaginal sex is the only acceptable form of sex, and anything else is a perversion. The [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] demands other forms of sexual stimulation.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The funny thing is that, presumably, it was God who invented the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] (unless Satan got in on the act while God wasn't looking) - an organ which apparently has no function other than pleasure. I'm afraid you pretty much need hands or a mouth to stimulate that; vaginal sex just doesn't cut it for almost all women. So what I'm wondering is where this idea comes from that the DESIGN of the human body indicates that vaginal sex is the only acceptable form of sex, and anything else is a perversion. The [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] demands other forms of sexual stimulation.

Thank you for "your" opinion on sex.

When you have sex correctly the "good of it" happens quite naturally. God doesn't ruin good sex, people do. That's my opinion. I norticed though, that neither a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] or the rectum has a clitorus or glans. Well, that work anyway.

It's nice to see such an honest protrayal of queer (gay/lesbian) mindset from a self-desribed "queer." Like I've asserted, always sex acts to define the GLBT culture. I can understand your desire for sex, that makes sense, the non-theist thing doesn't.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

When you have sex correctly the "good of it" happens quite naturally. God doesn't ruin good sex, people do. That's my opinion. I norticed though, that neither a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] or the rectum has a clitorus or glans. Well, that work anyway.

In men the rectum does have the prostrate in it though, which when stimulated produces sexual pleasure.

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]/Strap Ons dont have glands? Of course they don't but they are nicer to look at than actual penises, can be cleaned to a much more hygenic standard and can be stored under the bed so they dont get in the way when your parents come to visit.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your "duh" is mighty premature. Genesis 9:1 "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth." If you don't believe we have filled the earth already, I would love to hear what you would consider filled.

The point was you wanting to be shown that God created sex for procreation. You just proved that. What we are moving on to is pseudo-sex. And that is where gay behavior dwells in completeness. If GLBT's would stop trying to hide their true agenda, it would be easier to not see them as such deceptive people. They really are not fooling a Christian. We know where we came from and who they are. And you will never prove that the Bible supports gay sex replace "natural" sex.

I've been where you are at now, and I had my Damascus road moment where God opened my eyes and showed me that the Biblical interpretation that condemns homosexuality has no proof.

Gay tactic 12, from the gay agenda manual is it? If you can't scare me off with my wanting a membership in your club by hanging around it, you are going to the "you just gotta pray and ask." Mormons try the same nonsense about Mormonism being true. Show me ONE gay affirming scripture in the Bible. And, you can even use David and Jonathan if you want. They went on to marry women.

Is this why you have yet to show me some evidence?) I will continue to pray that you will have a similar revelation one day, and be free of your blinders.

There is evidence of no support for gay sex throughout the Bible. Searching for affirmation in the negative gives rise to date rape and other criminal behavior. "Well, you didn't say no." Man, is that a short walk off of a shorter pier. No wonder so many homes are burglerized. No one was home to say no. And also see, that "no one got hurt."

Are we taught to pray to do what is evil?

I thought it was the other way around.

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

When you have sex correctly the "good of it" happens quite naturally.
For men. Women pretty much get left out if only vaginal penetration is allowed. For a woman to have an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], some sort of sodomy needs to happen.
God doesn't ruin good sex, people do. That's my opinion. I norticed though, that neither a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] or the rectum has a clitorus or glans. Well, that work anyway.
But in men, through the rectum is the best way to stimulate the prostate. And that, my friend, makes for an amazing [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

It's nice to see such an honest protrayal of queer (gay/lesbian) mindset from a self-desribed "queer." Like I've asserted, always sex acts to define the GLBT culture. I can understand your desire for sex, that makes sense, the non-theist thing doesn't.
You have no idea what defines gay or lesbian culture. Your usage of such terms proves it beyond a doubt.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In men the rectum does have the prostrate in it though, which when stimulated produces sexual pleasure.

I've had a "full" physical. I don't know where you get your info, but it is propaganda at best. We're talking OUCH!

Geesh, how many GLBT's are on this website anyway? It seems parasitized big time.

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]/Strap Ons dont have glands? Of course they don't but they are nicer to look at than actual penises, can be cleaned to a much more hygenic standard and can be stored under the bed so they dont get in the way when your parents come to visit.

So much for your gay affirming parents huh? But at least you show the pseudo-side of gay sex is well established as a fact. "Tolerance" is all that can be hoped for.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LN, would you be happy for FlamingFemme to live with her beloved, and for the child to live with them, but for them never to have sex?

There would be no issue. They would not be homoSEXuals. They would be a couple of very close friends sharing a house.

Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point was you wanting to be shown that God created sex for procreation.

If we have filled the earth, then the command is no longer an imperative. If you believe we haven't filled the earth, then please explain what criteria would result in you believing the earth was filled.

Of course, the whole "sex is for procreation only" argument is pretty spurious, since you don't see Christians denying marriage to post-menopausal women and infertile couples who wish to marry. Nor do you see Christians campaigning to annul the marriages of heterosexuals who decide not to have children. This double standard only serves to illustrate the hypocracy of those who attempt to employ such an argument.

Mormons try the same nonsense about Mormonism being true. Show me ONE gay affirming scripture in the Bible. And, you can even use David and Jonathan if you want. They went on to marry women.

I believe that the Bible is silent on the topic of same-sex marriages. Fortunately, God gave us another book to also read, and that is the book of nature, and Christians have been studying this book for quite some time (although it was Bacon who coined the phrase, I believe). If we can know a person by his fruits, then I have yet to observe two people in a monogamous same-sex relationship produce fruits that are different than married heterosexuals.

Again, if you have real-world evidence that supports your interpretation condemning homosexuality, you should show it. I'm beginning to think that your lack of evidence means you have none.

Reactions: Aerika
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I've had a "full" physical. I don't know where you get your info, but it is propaganda at best. We're talking OUCH!
Couple of things:

1. Pain tolerance is increased when sexually aroused. What is painful or uncomfortable during a normal rest state can be quite pleasurable during sex.

2. Big difference between a doctor's impersonal probing of a sensitive area and a partner's. Women see a gynecologist at least once a year and they still seem to find sex pleasurable.

Geesh, how many GLBT's are on this website anyway? It seems parasitized big time.
You don't have to be gay to stand up for what is right.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So much for your gay affirming parents huh? But at least you show the pseudo-side of gay sex is well established as a fact. "Tolerance" is all that can be hoped for.

My post was entirely tongue in cheek, if you must know about my parents (meaning my mother and my stepfather), they are over the moon about my relationship and keep asking me "when you are getting married" (to my girlfreind) and are fine with the whole thing.

If they werent I wouldnt even bother talking to them or mentioning them, as I feel a parent fails in their duty as a parent if they cant accept their childs relationship.

Upvote 0

cantata

Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

It's not "my" opinion. It's just my opinion. I have no idea what the quotation marks are for.

In any case, my opinion is supported by experience and scientific study. See this article from a Canadian gynaecology and obstetrics organisation, which says that about 65% can't [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] from vaginal sex; this article from Teenwire agrees. This BBC article says that it's more like 75% of women.

When you have sex correctly the "good of it" happens quite naturally. That's my opinion.

Then you are hopelessly out of touch with female sexuality. This obsession with vaginal sex is indicative of a denial of women's sexual needs. Many women simply cannot experience [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] via penetrative sex. Most women require direct manual or oral stimulation of the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] (or the use of a toy) to achieve [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. A lot depends on the individual shape and sensitivity of a woman's [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. Women are not all the same, so this is hardly surprising - yet many feel tremendous shame at not being able to achieve an [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] through penetrative sex. It is attitudes like yours that perpetuate that shame.

I norticed though, that neither a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] or the rectum has a clitorus or glans. Well, that work anyway.

I don't understand what this has to do with anything. [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] are one example of a range of toys and devices designed (!) to help women and men to enjoy themselves sexually. Some heterosexual couples use them; so do some lesbian couples and some gay male couples.

Anuses are a part of the human body which are surrounded with nerve endings, the stimulation of which many people find enjoyable. Some people are able to experience [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] from anal stimulation. The prostate is most easily stimulated through the wall of the rectum.

Sexual acts involving toys or anuses are some examples of the myriad ways in which human beings express their love and desire for one another. What beautiful diversity.

It's nice to see such an honest protrayal of queer (gay/lesbian) mindset from a self-desribed "queer." Like I've asserted, always sex acts to define the GLBT culture.

Excuse me, but what has my discussion of the existence of the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] as suggesting that human sexual organs are not "designed" solely for the purpose of vaginal penetrative sex have to do with my sexual proclivities? I do not define myself by my [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. In fact, since you seem so interested in my sex life, you may be interested to know that it is not the main focus of sexual pleasure for me. I know, however, that it is for many, many women, and your ignorance of it and its function is typical, if I may say so, of an attitude towards sex which trivialises and marginalises the sexual experiences of women. It has nothing to do with my sexuality. My sexuality has given me experience of women's pleasure, it's true, but that's all that can be said to link the two things. I would feel this way about clitorises whatever my sexual orientation, firstly because I happen to have one, and secondly because I care about women and women's sexuality. I care about women being able to have fulfilling and happy sex lives.

Your obsession with my sexual orientation and my sex life is very strange. No one is linking my queerness with sex acts except you. I am presently in a heterosexual relationship. I am still queer. My queerness has nothing to do with sex acts. I was queer before I ever had sex with a woman, and I will continue to be so if I never have sex again.

I can understand your desire for sex, that makes sense, the non-theist thing doesn't.

I enjoy sex, like a lot of heterosexual people do. My non-theism has nothing whatsoever to do with my sexuality, but thanks for wondering.

Reactions: TheManeki
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This challenge is for polycarp_fan:

You keep insisting that homosexuality goes against god's design and his word. I do not believe your god exists, ergo, I do not believe being gay is against your god's word, or design. Now - if you can show me your god, then I will believe you. It's a simple challenge, that an all-powerful god should be able to take on.

If your god is real, and homosexuality is indeed against his design, then show me your god. If you cannot do this, I will conclude that your god does not exist, and I will conclude points made henceforth concerning a discrepancy between homosexuality and "god's word" are completely without merit.

HINT: I already *know* your god won't show himself, because he doesn't exist, but I'd like to see how you squirm your way out of this challenge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cantata

Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There would be no issue. They would not be homoSEXuals. They would be a couple of very close friends sharing a house.

Right.

So the only thing that bothers you, then, is the sex?

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we have filled the earth, then the command is no longer an imperative. If you believe we haven't filled the earth, then please explain what criteria would result in you believing the earth was filled.

Of course, the whole "sex is for procreation only" argument is pretty spurious, since you don't see Christians denying marriage to post-menopausal women and infertile couples who wish to marry. Nor do you see Christians campaigning to annul the marriages of heterosexuals who decide not to have children. This double standard only serves to illustrate the hypocracy of those who attempt to employ such an argument.

I believe that the Bible is silent on the topic of same-sex marriages. Fortunately, God gave us another book to also read, and that is the book of nature, and Christians have been studying this book for quite some time (although it was Bacon who coined the phrase, I believe). If we can know a person by his fruits, then I have yet to observe two people in a monogamous same-sex relationship produce fruits that are different than married heterosexuals.

Again, if you have real-world evidence that supports your interpretation condemning homosexuality, you should show it. I'm beginning to think that your lack of evidence means you have none.

Presently satan is the ruler of this world and its actions and nature. GOD will one day create a new Heaven and a new Earth and these former things will passaway. The Christian who gives himself to GOD's service no longer sees this world as his home but the next.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
My personal theory is that some Christians are preoccupied with homosexuality because if it isn't merely a sinful lifestyle choice it proves the Bible is not the infallible Word of God. It threatens the very basis of their religion - that everything Christians know and believe come from the Bible, which is considered to be without one single error.

The only way to keep proving your sacred text is the only correct and divinely inspired one is to swiftly silence and shoot down any sort of behavior that could be completely genetic that would contradict it.

Nah. The bible has already been proven wrong on a great number of things. It's not like the bible not really being inerrant is something new.

Upvote 0

FlamingFemme

The Flaming One
May 2, 2008
USA
✟12,903.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

Okay, so going along the same line of thought, before you had sex with your wife you were not a heteroSEXual - Is that what you're saying?
Here's how it works:
Even if I never had sex again, I would still be a homosexual, because the word homosexual simply denotes who I am attracted to - Not who I have/had/will have sex with. You see, even if I were celibate, I would still be attracted to women, not men. I have never been, nor will I ever be, attracted to a man, period. Therefore, no matter what I do, or don't do, in my bedroom, I will still be - for the rest of my life - a homosexual. Do you understand? I'm sure there are those of us here who can explain it in smaller words if you don't.

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

How do you have sex "correctly"? Penile-vaginal combination? That won't stimulate a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]...unless you involve the apadravya, or a variety of vibrating/buzzing attachments.

So, heterosexual couples never engage in oral, anal, or manual sex? No BDSM or 24/7 D/s relationships? No toys, strange positions, or swings? No tantra? No handcuffs, needles, or razor blades?

Also, if someone isn't participating in any sex at all, does that make them asexual?

Upvote 0