✟8,428.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LittleNipper said:
Sex was CREATED by GOD for procreation. Having sex for fun is not what sex was created for. Sex can be enjoyable, but only those performing it to try to have a child at any age should be engaged in it. I never had sex with my wife until after our church wedding. We have been married since July 13th, 1985.

So you're saying that even a married couple has no business doing any bedroom business unless they're trying to conceive? Wow, doesn't sound like a very fun way to do things... intimacy *increases* closeness with your spouse. Why should we run away screaming from that? I think my husband would die if we did something like that; seeing as we're finishing up college for me, then for him, and once we're steadily employed somewhere then trying for our second child. That is, if I didn't die first. :p

You`ve got a fourth here. :cool:
Fifthed. :D

Upvote 0

Eve_Sundancer

Now what should I put here?
Dec 7, 2004
Iowa
✟8,428.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My brother is gay. I am hoping he finds God if he hasn't already and is able to live with the same rights as single people in terms of marriage, etc.

So what you're saying is you hope he "turns straight" and until then don't think he's deserving of finding a partner for life and settling down? Just because of what's between his partner's legs? :confused: :sigh: :(

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My brother is gay. I am hoping he finds God if he hasn't already and is able to live with the same rights as single people in terms of marriage, etc.
And you think that that's a loving mindset, why, exactly? Or if you don't think that's a loving mindset, then why are you so unwilling to love your own brother?

Reactions: CCGirl
Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

My brother is gay. I am hoping he finds God if he hasn't already
How do you know he hasn’t?

and is able to live with the same rights as single people in terms of marriage, etc.
And that is what many people are fighting for. equality for everyone, not just the people right wing Christians want to be equal

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,629.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Busy-body mindeth not his own Business, nor leaveth others to mind theirs. [. . .] Remember also that if one speak ill of another, the Fault is first of all in himself, for we know naught but that which is within us. Did not the great Witch-Finder end by confessing that he also was a Sorcerer? We become that which obsesseth us, either through extreme Hate or Extreme Love. Knowest thou not how the one is a Symbol of the other? - Aleister Crowley, Liber Aleph vel CXI

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So what you're saying is you hope he "turns straight" and until then don't think he's deserving of finding a partner for life and settling down? Just because of what's between his partner's legs? :confused: :sigh: :(

No, I mean that he deserves happiness. If he's gay, he should be able to marry if he wants, just as I'm able to marry as a straight person. I have no delusions of him turning straight, if he's gay, he's gay. I of course would like him to become a Christian though, he IS my brother.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And you think that that's a loving mindset, why, exactly? Or if you don't think that's a loving mindset, then why are you so unwilling to love your own brother?

Okay geez, how could everyone misunderstand me so badly? I didn't think I was confusing. Yes, I think I have a loving mindset, I love my brother to death and only wish for his happiness. Who said I was unwilling to love my own brother?

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Originally Posted by JCFantasy23
My brother is gay. I am hoping he finds God if he hasn't already

How do you know he hasn’t?

Originally Posted by JCFantasy23
and is able to live with the same rights as single people in terms of marriage, etc.

And that is what many people are fighting for. equality for everyone, not just the people right wing Christians want to be equal

BigBad, with your question "How do you know he hasn't?" If you read my statement, I said "if he hasn't already." This means I hope he finds God if he hasn't already. This means I do not know if he has yet or not. Sigh, why is everyone so confused by the words I wrote on this thread?

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay geez, how could everyone misunderstand me so badly? I didn't think I was confusing. Yes, I think I have a loving mindset, I love my brother to death and only wish for his happiness. Who said I was unwilling to love my own brother?
Sorry sweety. I'm so happy you are so enlightened about your brother. Unfortunately, people on the side of equality for everyone can be a bit trigger happy on the defensiveness, after spending so much time having perfectly reasonable points of view labeled abomination and sinful.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry. :sorry: I did misinterpret your post, and I apologize for that. I hope you can forgive me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sigh, why is everyone so confused by the words I wrote on this thread?

FWIW I didn't respond to what you said because I was unsure what you meant also :) It seemed supportive but the way it was worded looked the way everyone else responded lol. That's the trouble with words minus body and facial language, it's too easy to misinterpret meaning.

On the positive side though, it should make you feel good to know that there's so many vocal supporters of your brother and others willing to stand up for him when they perceive bigotry against him ;)

Upvote 0
Jul 2, 2008
I currently reside in the United States
✟15,144.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no rational for the anti-gay movement as far as I'm concerned. Just people who can't leave well enough alone and let people live their lives and have equal rights. The reason I believe that the homosexual community is attacked, is beacuse the attackers genuinely hate and are digusted with them and their lifestyle. Which, in itself, is disgusting and repulsive. To justlfy their hatred they make up the whole "gay agenda" lie and try to push it and convince people that its ligitimate. Which, its easily seen to not be anything near it.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
FWIW I didn't respond to what you said because I was unsure what you meant also :) It seemed supportive but the way it was worded looked the way everyone else responded lol. That's the trouble with words minus body and facial language, it's too easy to misinterpret meaning.

On the positive side though, it should make you feel good to know that there's so many vocal supporters of your brother and others willing to stand up for him when they perceive bigotry against him ;)

I guess I need to be more careful with wording, then. Oh and I am glad that there are people to fight for rights of others like my brother. He has never actually told us he is gay. We have always known because of signs and now have had it confirmed recently, but he has not told us himself. I suppose he is not ready. I know he will in his own time.

Upvote 0

Eve_Sundancer

Now what should I put here?
Dec 7, 2004
Iowa
✟8,428.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I mean that he deserves happiness. If he's gay, he should be able to marry if he wants, just as I'm able to marry as a straight person. I have no delusions of him turning straight, if he's gay, he's gay. I of course would like him to become a Christian though, he IS my brother.

My apologies then. I must have totally misread something in your post :sorry:

I'm glad that's the way you feel, and kudos to you for wanting him to be happy. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟12,390.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Try eating a hotdog through your eye.
Why would I do that? I cannot eat a hot dog through my eye. But I can achieve pleasure and intimacy through sexual activity -- which is what I am trying to do when I have sex.

Organs are designed for "a" purpose.
Which single function is your liver performing? And which of your organs are keeping you alive by picking up the slack for the 499 other functions that the typical liver performs?

Sexual organs are not lungs.
Who said sexual organs are lungs?

The waste elimination "organs" are not designed for sex.
Are you claiming the penis is not designed for sex, or that the penis is not designed for urination?

The mouth and palate are not designed as sex organs.
Are they designed for kissing? (Assuming you're not into oral sex ...)

Let's just stick to logic and reason.
Ok.

Body parts show sexual orientation only one way.
My body parts show who I'm attracted to? I guess if I've tattooed my partner's name on my arm you might have a point .... (which I haven't, btw)

Unless of course you're born deformed (abnormal) as a hermaphodite. Otherwise stick to what normal design shows is normal function.
What is "normal design"?

You can't sell gay sex with your analogy. A penis isn't designed for mouth or rectum. And please, show us all the functions of the penis, and you will still never get it near the mouth or rectum as part of its functioning system. Except of course by accident or choice. But still, that is not the fault of the organ in question. And a vagina is not designed for another vagina.
Is a foot designed for walking? Does that mean I shouldn't use it to tap along to music? Are ears designed for hearing? Does that mean I shouldn't use them to hold up my glasses?

Last edited:
Upvote 0