• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why the 'obsession' with homosexuality?

Discussion in 'Archived - Ethics & Morality' started by Kattylove, Jun 19, 2008.

1. ChaliceThunder

ChaliceThunder Guest

+0
    Oh yeah!

2. NPH

NPH Well-Known Member

+555
    Atheist
    Single
    That would stand to reason, as oral is nearly always better when performed by a member of the same sex. It's the bee's knees and other insects joints as well :D If you want oral done right, you pretty much have to be gay or bisexual, which leaves out the prudes and others fearful of sex ;)

3. EnemyPartyII

EnemyPartyII Well-Known Member

+809
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    To be fair, I HAVE been told that some hetero, or at least bisexual, people can be very good, but anecdotally, to be in that group they have to be very open to learning from their partner, taking instruction, experimenting and being absolutely comfortable with it.

I can't imagine a prude who finds the idea somehow distasteful being any good at it.

That said... I've never "met" a woman who couldn't get it JUST right

4. NPH

NPH Well-Known Member

+555
    Atheist
    Single
    That's why I say 'nearly' :) My opinion is that most heterosexuals do not really want to perform oral, whereas most LGBT's really enjoy performing it ... which is what leads to the difference in ability. Just my anecdotal opinion, verified by everyone i've known and asked who were willing to answer lol :D

5. Trevorocity

Trevorocity Regular Member

+125
    Christian
    In Relationship
    The first time I tried it was with 4 other people who had no idea what they were doing. We wiped in 15 seconds. The next time I went with a Paladin, Rogue, and two Shamans with myself as healer and one of the shamans as the off-healer. We dropped him like a bad habit.

And then of course they moaned at me for winning the greed-roll on the cloak that Ahune dropped. "Ugh! A priest doesn't need +Spell Critical Strike that's for DPS classes!" Well if you wanted it you should have rolled NEED! I wouldn't have cared. :p

6. Big Empty Circle

Big Empty Circle Big fat Confederate-sympathizing queer Zen atheist

+32
    Other Religion
    Private
    Interesting theory, but couldn't you just as easily say that the difference in ability leads to the difference in enjoyment? That is, queer people enjoy going down on same-sex partners BECAUSE they're better at it than straights going down on opposite-sex partners, rather than vice versa? Either could be the cause or the effect, really; or they could both be effects of a common cause, whatever that would be.

... Though I cannot conclude decisively that it's true that queer people in general are more able OR enjoy performing oral sex more than heterosexuals, really. My friends are a fairly even mix of straight and queer, and feelings on oral sex seem pretty varied within the groups (i.e. I know straights who like it and straights who don't; queers who like it and queers who don't.) I couldn't even tell you if there's an overarching "trend" in either group but admittedly it's not something I've spent a lot of time analyzing.

7. FlamingFemme

FlamingFemme The Flaming One

+100
    Pagan
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    *note: I literally JUST noticed this, and I feel the need to respond*

First of all, we do share OUR child together, as, legally speaking, WE are BOTH her parents. Second, she most certainly CAN be my wife, as same-sex marriage is legal where I live, and since we will be married, she will be my wife, as I will be hers, because we'll be MARRIED.
    Procreation, in my opinion, is a great side-effect of sex, but certainly not the only reason to HAVE sex. For one thing, the clitoris on a female person is located in a place that, at least for most women, does not get any stimulation from PIV (penis-in-vagina) sex. Why would G-d create such a wonderful thing as the clitoris if She didn't intend for it to be used? Hmmm? Not to mention, the male prostate being located in such a place that it can only be properly stimulated through the anal wall - I mean, there are SO many pleasurable ways to have sex that don't involve the possibility of procreation, I can't imagine that G-d would have created us that way if She didn't intend for us to take full advantage.

8. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+737
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Grats on your phat lewtz! And, iirc, priests get just as much use out of crit as pure dps. No one can say they don't love crit heals, right? ;)

9. Trevorocity

+125
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Yeah but that's kinda like planning your budget assuming you'll always get a Christmas bonus. I generally prefer straight +Healing for most things. Although it is fun to see a bright yellow +5500hp flash before your eyes JUST as that stupid rogue with 10% health is about to slay your buddy.

10. Washington

Washington Well-Known Member

+331
    Agnostic
    Of the last 100 threads, which go back to June 8th of this year---19 days---15 have been about homosexuality. That's 15% for the mathematically challenged. OR, for every 17 non-homosexual posts, 3 have been on homosexuality. Is that really excessive, or are some here simply averse to the subject of homosexuality itself. Me thinks it may be the latter, or at least it's a significant factor.

11. TheManeki

TheManeki Christian Humanist

+519
    Christian
    Married
    There have been lulls here before. This particular flareup may have something to do with California recently recognizing same-sex marriages.

12. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+737
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Oh I agree. I'd stack +heal before anything else, but I was just saying a little extra +crit never hurt ;)

13. Trevorocity

+125
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Yeah. I'm also the one who charges into a Horde zerg, psychic screams the chumps, and then Holy Nova spams the ones that resist.

14. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+737
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Fun times! Wish you were on my server.. we'd have a blast ;)

15. Aerika

Aerika Draenei Priestess

+220
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    :) I have a Holy and a shadow Priestess though I'm Alliance....lol.

16. cantata

cantata Queer non-theist, with added jam.

+634
    Humanist
    In Relationship
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Pfft, I like going down on girls *and* boys. I guess I must be into all sorts of kinky stuff, though, being bisexual :p

In my experience, women are generally speaking more natural at it, but boys can be trained. *whipcrack*

17. Maren

Maren Veteran

+1,596
    Seeker
    Private
    Which server is everybody on?

And my apologies for taking the thread further off topic. Though are there not enough homosexuality thread that it will hurt to take this one off topic? ;)

18. Aerika

Aerika Draenei Priestess

+220
    Christian
    Private
    US-Others
    Hehe I'm on the same one you are, though it's been awhile since I've played ;P

And it seems the obsession isn't about Homosexuality. It's about an intolerant society.

19. Trevorocity

+125
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Well I am on Arathor. I think its a server populated mostly by stoners. We've apparently just decided not to complete the Shattered Sun server quests to unlock the new gear. Nope, just not gonna do em. People hate having the ravagers uncover the roots for them. I think if we were a PvP server there would be more to motivate us.

20. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+6,237
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    My brother is gay. I am hoping he finds God if he hasn't already and is able to live with the same rights as single people in terms of marriage, etc.