Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When you stop ignoring 1 John 3:22-24, we might be able to make a deal.

It would be great if in good faith you could address my post to you in regards to your claims on 1 John 3:22-23 written to you in post # 57; post # 58; and post # 59 linked if you disagree section by section and scripture by scripture showing why you disagree if you do disagree. It would provide a better discussion. We should not be afraid of bringing what we believe to the scripture which is a light to our path and a lamp to our feet. I am sure none of us want to walk in darkness as John says in 1 John 1:6 as discussed earlier. What a blessing it can be to us by coming to Gods' Word and being corrected so we can have a closer walk with Jesus if we choose to receive His Words.

God bless you as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟883,234.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello @LoveGodsWord, before I comment and answer some of your questions, I was hoping that you might answer one or two for me :)

First off, since there is "Good News", there must be "bad news" as well (IOW, that which the "Good News" seeks to remedy). So my first question for you is this, what is the "bad news"? (and what makes it "bad"?)

And a second, related question is this concerning the Good News, what is it that makes the Good News "good"?

Thanks!

--David

The "bad news" is we live in a completely fallen world .... the GOOD news is it's (this world) is not going to last forever and those who accept the Lord will receive eternal life in a new and perfect world He will create.

Jesus is the remedy!

I'd say:
The good news, and it's good news indeed, is that forgiveness of sins is offered everyone though Jesus Christ.

Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.
— Acts 10:43

The Bible doesn't mention bad news. The bad things about the world are not news. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be great if in good faith you could address my post to you in regards to your claims on 1 John 3:22-23 written to you

What I say, and what you say means nothing.

What did the words "his commandments" mean to the Apostle John throughout 1 John?

1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn_3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Do you keep attempting to redefine what John said in this letter to turn the words "his commandments" into the "ten commandments"?

Is this the same "bait and switch" strategy used by many used car salesmen?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What I say, and what you say means nothing.

What did the words "his commandments" mean to the Apostle John throughout 1 John?

1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn_3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Do you keep attempting to redefine what John said in this letter to turn the words "his commandments" into the "ten commandments"?

Is this the same "bait and switch" strategy used by many used car salesmen?

I am sorry dear friend but your just repeating yourself again here while ignoring all the scriptures that address your post in detail showing the context you have disregarded in regards to your claims that 1 John 3:22-23 means love is a replacement for God's law.

A detailed scripture response has been provided in good faith to you in post # 57; post # 58; and post # 59 linked. I asked that if you disagree with anything I have provided from the scriptures, please respond to the linked posts section by section and scripture by scripture and question by question showing why you disagree as I have done with all of your posts. Your response has been to ignore the three linked posts and the scriptures in them that proves why your teaching is not biblical.

As shown the the scriptures provided in the linked posts above love is not separate from Gods' law it is expressed in obedience to God's law. No one therefore can claim to love God or their fellow man while knowingly breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments. This of course includes God's 4th commandment which is our duty of love to God. I am sorry we will of course agree to disagree as I see your not here for a discussion. Ignoring God's Word according to the scriptures does not make it disappear. It becomes our judge come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As shown the the scriptures provided in the linked posts above love is not separate from Gods' law it is expressed in obedience to God's law. No one therefore can claim to love God or their fellow man while knowingly breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments.

Your statement above reveals the goal of Adventism.

You must find the 4th commandment every time the word "commandments" occurs in a passage, or Adventism falls apart. This is what Adventists do in the book of 1 John.

Some Adventists claim the ten commandments were given to Abraham, although Deuteronomy 5:1-22 plainly says they were not given at an earlier time.

Adventists claim the word "sabbaths" in Colossians 2:16-17 does not include the 4th commandment, although Paul told the Galatian believers to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage" in Galatians 4:24-31, and the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant "obsolete" in Hebrews 8:6-13, and we are not come to Mount Sinai in Hebrews 12:18-24. The same man who told the Galatians to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage", also wrote Colossians 2:16-17.
In Exodus 34:28 the ten commandments written on stone are the Sinai Covenant.

Adventists have failed to understand that Christ is the rest from our works in the New Covenant, as revealed by Colossians 2:17. The sabbaths were the "shadow", but the body is Christ.
Do you worship Christ's shadow, or do you worship Christ?

Adventists ignore the fact that Christ worked on the Sabbath day when He healed a man and told him to pick up his bedroll in John 5:1-17. They fail to understand that Christ was a priest who could work on the Sabbath day. They also fail to understand we are priests, based on 1 Peter 2:4-10.
He has healed me. Therefore, I can pick up my bedroll on the Sabbath day.

Many claim they are saved only by Grace, and then turn around and claim we must work to keep the 4th commandment. You cannot have it both ways.

The writings of the Early Church Fathers before the time of Constantine reveal they were meeting together for worship on the same day the disciples meet the risen Savior on the road to Emmaus.
Did they also go to the synagogue at times to preach the Gospel to the Jews? Yes, because that was the day the Jews were meeting.

Christ is our Sabbath rest every day of the week for those of us who have "cast out" the bondwoman found in Galatians 4:24-31.
Have Adventists failed to cast out this "bondwoman", as well as the bondwoman Ellen G. White?
Ellen White said the door was shut, and later she said the door was not shut. What does this error mean in relation to being a prophet of God?

The true Gospel of Christ is found below.

The New Covenant: Bob George

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You must find the 4th commandment every time the word "commandments" occurs in a passage, or Adventism falls apart. This is what Adventists do in the book of 1 John.

Some Adventists claim the ten commandments were given to Abraham, although Deuteronomy 5:1-22 plainly says they were not given at an earlier time.

Adventists claim the word "sabbaths" in Colossians 2:16-17 does not include the 4th commandment, although Paul told the Galatian believers to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage" in Galatians 4:24-31, and the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant "obsolete" in Hebrews 8:6-13, and we are not come to Mount Sinai in Hebrews 12:18-24. The same man who told the Galatians to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage", also wrote Colossians 2:16-17.
In Exodus 34:28 the ten commandments written on stone are the Sinai Covenant.

Adventists have failed to understand that Christ is the rest from our works in the New Covenant, as revealed by Colossians 2:17. The sabbaths were the "shadow", but the body is Christ.
Do you worship Christ's shadow, or do you worship Christ?

Adventists ignore the fact that Christ worked on the Sabbath day when He healed a man and told him to pick up his bedroll in John 5:1-17. They fail to understand that Christ was a priest who could work on the Sabbath day. They also fail to understand we are priests, based on 1 Peter 2:4-10.
He has healed me. Therefore, I can pick up my bedroll on the Sabbath day.

Many claim they are saved only by Grace, and then turn around and claim we must work to keep the 4th commandment. You cannot have it both ways.

The writings of the Early Church Fathers before the time of Constantine reveal they were meeting together for worship on the same day the disciples meet the risen Savior on the road to Emmaus.
Did they also go to the synagogue at times to preach the Gospel to the Jews? Yes, because that was the day the Jews were meeting.

Christ is our Sabbath rest every day of the week for those of us who have "cast out" the bondwoman found in Galatians 4:24-31.
Have Adventists failed to cast out this "bondwoman", as well as the bondwoman Ellen G. White?
Ellen White said the door was shut, and later she said the door was not shut. What does this error mean in relation to being a prophet of God?

The New Covenant: Bob George

There is not one thing that you have posted here that has any truth in it. There is not one post that you have provided in this thread or elsewhere that has not been addressed with a detailed scripture response that disagrees with your teachings that Gods' 10 commandments have been abolished in the new covenant. Everyone of your posts have been addressed section by section and scripture by scripture showing why your claims and teachings in regards to Gods' 10 commandments are not biblical in post # 52; post # 57; post # 58; post # 59. Your response has been simply to ignore each of these posts above that have addressed each of your posts here section by section and scripture by scripture. So we will of course agree to disagree because ignoring Gods' Word does not make it disappear according to the scriptures *John 12:47-48. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5 29. What have you provided that has not been addressed with a detailed scripture response showing why your teachings are not biblical? - Nothing.

Something to pray about.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LGW, where did you get the authority to add a "ten" to commandments? If you can prove that where the word commandments mean ten commandments then I will reconsider my decision of Sabbath observance.

I certainly would not join the SDA church though, because of the modified false tithing system, believe in a proven false prophet, believe Jesus has been in some room for 177 years culling people. The One that was able to create everything in 6 days is taking 177 years to figure out who is safe to save, rubbish. I can name a few more, but this is enough for you to digest and post more excuses.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is not one thing that you have posted here that has any truth in it. There is not one post that you have provided in this thread or elsewhere that has not been addressed with a detailed scripture response that disagrees with your teachings that Gods' 10 commandments have been abolished in the new covenant. Everyone of your posts have been addressed section by section and scripture by scripture showing why your claims and teachings in regards to Gods' 10 commandments are not biblical in post # 52; post # 57; post # 58; post # 59. Your response has been simply to ignore each of these posts above that have addressed each of your posts here section by section and scripture by scripture. So we will of course agree to disagree because ignoring Gods' Word does not make it disappear according to the scriptures *John 12:47-48. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5 29. What have you provided that has not been addressed with a detailed scripture response showing why your teachings are not biblical? - Nothing.

Something to pray about.
Post #65 asks some very pointed questions and makes some pointed statements and before I read any more of your posts, I ask that you address those questions and statements. Your reliability is on the line. We need answers and not just telling is what we write has no truth.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It says no such thing the scriptures provided in post # 52; post # 57; post # 58; post # 59
are a detailed scripture response showing that the love is not separate from Gods' law as you claim but is expressed in obedience to Gods' law in the very words of Jesus, Paul, James and John. The scriptures provided in the linked posts above that you refuse to a respond to or address also show the context that you leave out of 1 John 3:23 is sin and breaking Gods' law which is the reason John writes His epistle all of which once again are Gods' Words now my words that you deny with your words that are not Gods' Words. Now what is it in the scriptures provided in the linked posts above that you disagree with?

more to come...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures provided already in post # 52; post # 57; post # 58; post # 59 prove that your claims here are not biblical. What is it that you disagree with in the linked posts provided above that you disagree with? It is God's Word not my words that make your words fall apart and this is the true reason you will not respond to the linked posts above that disagree with your teachings because they are not biblical.
Some Adventists claim the ten commandments were given to Abraham, although Deuteronomy 5:1-22 plainly says they were not given at an earlier time. In Exodus 34:28 the ten commandments written on stone are the Sinai Covenant.
Deuteronomy 5 says no where that God's people before Mt Sinai did not know about Gods' 10 commandments. Deuteronomy 5:2 is talking about God's covenant with ISRAEL not God's 10 commandments. The old covenant with ISRAEL included God's 10 commandment and the Mosiac book of the covenant or book of the law *Exodus 24:7; Deuteronomy 17:18; Deuteronomy 28:61; Deuteronomy 29:21; Deuteronomy 30:10; Deuteronomy 31:24-26 etc. Both Gods' law and the Mosaic book of the covenant *Exodus 24:7 collectively made up the old covenant according to the scriptures not just the 10 commandments. It seems this is where your mistake is in not understanding what the old and new covenants are.
According to the scriptures it is Gods' Words that disagrees with your words here that has already been addressed in previous posts you ignore and not respond to. For example Galatians 4:24-31 is in relation to those who are seeking to get their righteousness from keeping Gods' Law. That is not the purpose of Gods' law according to the new covenant scriptures.The purpose of Gods' law in the new covenant is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing) and evil (moral wrong doing); sin (moral wrong doing) and righteousness (moral right doing) *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172 and to lead us to Christ as sinners *Romans 3:9-23; Galatians 3:22-25; Romans 8:1-4 that we might be forgiven through faith in the blood of Christ. Faith however does not abolish Gods' law according to the scriptures it establishes Gods' law in the lives of all those who believe God's Word according to Paul in Romans 3:31. We are in the new covenant now dear friend not the old covenant. According to the new covenant scriptures we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9 but Gods grace is so we can be obedient to the faith *Romans 1:5. Obedience to God's Law is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27. Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14.

Colossians 2:16-17 [16], Let no man therefore judge you in (1)meat, or in drink, or in respect of an (2) holyday {ἑορτή G1859; Feast day}, or of the (3) new moon, or of the (4) sabbath days:[17], Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Colossians 2:16 is talking about the sabbath days (plural GNP) in context to the Feast days not Gods' 4th commandment. In the days of Jesus and Paul their bible was the old testament scriptures. Paul is referring to the old testament scriptures of the meat and drink offerings in the Feast days the new moons and the sabbaths in the Feast days. Many do not know that there are many annual sabbaths in the Feast days of Leviticus 23. These are not the same as Gods' 4th commandment but were linked directly to the annual Feasts of Leviticus 23 or days of holy convocation where no work was to be done and unlike God's 4th commandment that is simply every "seventh day" the annual feast sabbaths could fall on any day of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

For example when they fell on the seventh day Sabbath of Gods' 4th commandment they were called a High Sabbath (John 19:31). So what were the annual sabbaths in the Feast days? These included; (1) Feast of Unleavened Bread (first and last day) *Leviticus 23:6-8 (2) Feast of Trumpets *Leviticus 23:24-25 (3) Day of Atonement *Leviticus 23:27-32 (4) Feast of Booths *Leviticus 23:34-36 (5) Feast of First Fruits *Leviticus 23:39 (6) Feast days of Holy convocation of no work (sabbaton Colossians 2:16 *Leviticus 23:7-8; 21;24; 27; 35-36. Not also Colossians 2:16 is not talking about the Sabbath day singular but plural many different sabbaths to plural application. The Greek is genitive neuter plural to sabbaths or sabbath days and the context is to the Feast days as shown above.

Now lets go back to the old testament scriptures and see what Paul is quoting from in Colossians 2:16?

Colossians 2:16-17 [16], Let no man therefore judge you in (1) MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an (2) HOLYDAY {ἑορτή G1859; Feast day}, or of the (3) NEW MOON, or of the (4) SABBATH DAYS

Paul is referencing the following scriptures. Note the context and compare these following scriptures to Colossians 2:16

Ezekiel 45:17 "And it shall be the prince's part to give (1) BURNT OFFERINGS, and MEAT OFFERINGS, and DRINK OFFERINGS, (2) IN THE FEASTS, and (3) IN THE NEW MOONS, and (4) IN THE SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel."

Let's look at some more similar scriptures Paul is quoting from..

Isaiah 1:10-14 [10] Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.[11] To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I AM FULL OF THE BURNT OFFERINGS of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.[12] When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?[13] BRING NO MORE VAIN OBLATIONS; incense is an abomination unto me; THE NEW MOONS AND SABBATHS, THE CALLING OF ASSEMBLIES, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.[14] Your NEW MOONS and your APPOINTED FEASTS my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

1 Chronicles 23:31 And to offer ALL BURNT SACRIFICES TO THE LORD IN THE SABBATHS, IN THE NEW MOONS and on the set FEASTS, by number, according to the order commanded to them, continually before the LORD.

2 Chronicles 2:4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, FOR THE BURNT OFFERINGS MORNING AND EVENING ON THE SABBATHS AND ON THE NEW MOONS AND ON THE SOLEMN FEASTS of the LORD our God.

2 Chronicles 31:3 He appointed also ... THE BURNT OFFERINGS FOR THE SABBATH AND FOR THE NEW MOONS AND FOR THE SET FEASTS, as it is written in the law of the LORD.

Nehemiah 10:33 For the showbread, and FOR THE CONTINUAL MEAT OFFERING AND FOR THE CONTINUAL BURNT OFFERING OF THE SABBATHS, OF THE NEW MOONS, FOR THE SET FEASTS, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God.

Numbers 28:9-10 [9] And on the Sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a MEAT OFFERING, mingled with oil, and the DRINK OFFERING thereof: [10] This is the burnt offering of EVERY SABBATH, beside the continual BURN'T OFFERING, and his DRINK OFFERING.

Hosea 2:11 [11], I will also cause all her mirth to CEASE, HER [ISRAEL'S] FEAST DAYS, her NEW MOONS, and HER SABBATHS, and all HER [ISRAELS] SOLEMN FEASTS.

Leviticus 23:4-6; 13 [4] These are THE FEASTS OF THE LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. [5] In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is THE LORD'S PASSOVER. [6] And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread…… [13] And the MEAT OFFERING thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the DRINK OFFERING thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin.

As can be shown above every application of the scriptures Paul is referring to from Colossians 2:16-17 is to the annual sabbaths in in the Feast days, the new Moons and the meat and the drink offerings; not Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments. Application is always to sabbaths plural in the Feast days!

Let's now look at further new testament application to the above scriptures...

HEBREWS 9:1; 9-10; 12 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.... [9] WHICH WAS A FIGURE for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

HEBREWS 10:1-9
[1], FOR THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME, AND NOT THE VERY IMAGE OF THE THINGS, CAN NEVER WITH THOSE SACRIFICES which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
[2], For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshipers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
[3], But in those SACRIFICES there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
[4], For it is not possible that THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND GOATS should take away sins.
[5], Why when he comes into the world, he said, SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS YOU WOULD NOT BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME:
[6], IN BURNT OFFERINGS AND SACRIFICES FOR SIN YOU HAVE HAD NO PLEASURE.
[7], Then said I, See, I come in the VOLUME OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME, to do your will, O God.
[8], Above when he said, SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND BURNT OFFERINGS AND OFFERINGS FOR SIN YOU WOULD NOT, neither had pleasure therein; WHICH ARE OFFERED BY THE LAW;
[9], Then said he, See, I come to do your will, O God. He takes away the first, that he may establish the second.

NOTE; the LAW in reference here is NOT God's 10 Commandments but the law of sin offerings from the SHADOW laws of the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW *DEUTERONOMY 31:24-26 from the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 (Please look at the attached scriptures)
PAUL is writing about from the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures which are the sacrificial SIN offerings and JEWISH annual festivals that where shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 that pointed to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12.

CONCLUSION: Paul in Colossians 2:16 is referencing the sabbaths (plural) in the Feast days not God's 4th commandment or any of God's 10 commandments in Colossians 2. Now I have gone the extra mile and spent a bit of time on this for you so if you disagree with what has been shared with you here show why from the scriptures. I have a lot more to share on this subject but will stop for now to see if you agree with what has been shared here with you in regards to Colossians 2:16. So no Colossians 2:16-17 does not say Gods' 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day of rest. That is not written in these scriptures.

more to come...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Adventists have failed to understand that Christ is the rest from our works in the New Covenant, as revealed by Colossians 2:17. The sabbaths were the "shadow", but the body is Christ. Do you worship Christ's shadow, or do you worship Christ?

The previous post proves your claims in relation to Colossians 2:16 here are not biblical. Now let's examine your claims in relation to Colossians 2:17 that the God's 4th commandment is a "shadow of things to come"

So let's consider Colossians 2:17 which also proves that Colossians 2:16 is not talking about Gods' 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath of Exodus 20:8-11 from the 10 commandments. Colossians 2:17 says that the the annual Feasts and there new moons, meat and drink offerings and the Feast sabbaths were shadows of things to come.

QUESTIONS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Q1
. Perhaps you can explain how Gods' 4th commandment "seventh day" Sabbath of creation is a "shadow of things to come" when it is a part of the finished work of creation *Genesis 2:1-3 when there was no sin, no law, no Moses, no Israel and God did not give a plan of salvation because mankind never sinned?

Q2. How can Gods' 4th commandment "seventh day Sabbath" from Exodus 20:8-11 from the 10 commandments by a "shadow law" when it points backwards to the finished work of creation not forwards to things to come?

Exodus 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> God's 4th commandment is a memorial looking back to the finished work of creation that JESUS made it a Holy day of rest for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day} [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God {This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK}: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT. {Reference is backward not forward to Genesis 2:1-3}

CONCLUSION: It is impossible for God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath to be a "shadow law" as all the "shadow laws" are laws to do with God's plan of salvation from sin after the fall of mankind from the Mosaic book of the law. God's Sabbath was created when there was no sin, no fall, no law and no plan of salvation given because mankind was in perfect harmony with God. – So there is nothing there in reference to Gods’ 4th commandment not being a requirement for Christian living in the new testament.

Colossians 2:17 also proves your interpretation of Colossians 2:16 is in error. Post # 474 linked proves that Colossians 2:16 is talking about the sabbaths (plural not singular; the Greek is genitive neuter plural application to sabbaths) in the annual Feast days
not God's 4th commandment which is not a "shadow law" of things to come but a memorial pointing backwards to the finished work of God's creation.

I know you will probably ignore this post and the scriptures in them that show why you are in error as you have done with my other posts, and of course you do not have to respond if you do not want to as that is up to you. I am only posting this for those who might be interested in knowing Gods' Word. Thanks for sharing your view though but it is one that I do not think is biblical.

more to come...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Adventists ignore the fact that Christ worked on the Sabbath day when He healed a man and told him to pick up his bedroll in John 5:1-17. They fail to understand that Christ was a priest who could work on the Sabbath day. They also fail to understand we are priests, based on 1 Peter 2:4-10. He has healed me. Therefore, I can pick up my bedroll on the Sabbath day.

Not really dear friend. It seems that you have failed to see that Jesus says it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath though. I suggest you read Matthew 12:1-12.

According to the scriptures we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9 but Gods grace is so we can be obedient to the faith *Romans 1:5. Obedience to God's Law is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27. Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. Your mistaken if you believe that we have faith in Gods' Word by breaking Gods' commandments. That teachings is not biblical and shows we have the faith of devils according to James in James 2:17-20; 26 and John in 1 John 3:9-10. These of course are Gods' Words not my words. What is it that I have shared here that you disagree with and if I tell you the truth why do you not believe me?

more to come...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The writings of the Early Church Fathers before the time of Constantine reveal they were meeting together for worship on the same day the disciples meet the risen Savior on the road to Emmaus. Did they also go to the synagogue at times to preach the Gospel to the Jews? Yes, because that was the day the Jews were meeting.

The Historical records for the first 400 years since Christs time show that Jesus and the Apostles and all the disciples kept Gods' 4th commandment according to the scriptures. There is also not one scripture anywhere here that supports the teaching that God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day of rest. Every scripture you have provided here simply shows Gods' disciples meeting on the first day of the week for various reasons. There is not one scripture posted here that says that the disciples were gathering on Sunday because of the Lord's day or that Sunday is now the new Sabbath or God's 4th commandment had now been abolished.

In fact as posted earlier according to the scriptures Gods' people met everyday of the week in Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47. God's people meeting together every day of the week does not make every day a holy day of rest that God now commands us to keep as a holy day where no work is to be done now does it?

Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47 [46], And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, [47], Praising God, and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

There is no scripture that says Christ is a Sabbath. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that is not biblical or based on the scriptures. There is only one definition of Gods' 4th commandment Sabbath of God's 10 commandments and that is found in Exodus 20:10 which says "But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God..."

more to come...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Have Adventists failed to cast out this "bondwoman", as well as the bondwoman Ellen G. White? Ellen White said the door was shut, and later she said the door was not shut. What does this error mean in relation to being a prophet of God?
We are in the new covenant now not the old covenant. Do you know what the new covenant is? *Hebrews 8:10-12; from Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27. There is no error except the one those make who seek to follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God according to Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. Those who think they are worshiping God while following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God are not worshiping God according to Jesus. So the question we should consider is who should we believe and follow; God or man?
The true gospel is "every word" that proceeds out of the mouth of God *Matthew 4:4 and we should not ignore Gods' Words with our words that are not Gods' as only God's Words is true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts of the Apostles 5:29.

Now perhaps you can show us where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest? - There is none.

Or perhaps you can show us where there scriptures teach that Sunday is "the Lords day" - There is none.

Or perhaps you can show us where the scripture is that says Jesus is a Sabbath? - Wait there is none.

What about the scripture that says if we knowingly break anyone of God's 10 commandments we do not commit sin? - Wait the scriptures say if we break anyone of God's 10 commandments we commit sin *James 2:10-11.

Or where is the scriptures that says if we continue in a life of known unrepentant sin we will be saved in Gods' kingdom? - Wait there is none.

Looks to me like those that take the above view are building their house on sifting sand. It seems you have a lot of catching up to do. I know you will probably not respond to my posts and the scriptures that show why your claims and teachings are not biblical and of course you do not have to if you do not want to as that is between you and God to work through.

Either way I am enjoying our conversation as it gives the opportunity to share God's Word for which I am truly thankful so that others might see the light that shines when the road is dark and narrow.

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LGW, where did you get the authority to add a "ten" to commandments? If you can prove that where the word commandments mean ten commandments then I will reconsider my decision of Sabbath observance.

My authority is God's Words and God's Words are not my words but Gods. What is it in post # 52; post # 57; post # 58; post # 59 that you disagree with Bob. If Jesus, Paul, James are all talking about Gods 10 commandments and quoting them verbatim I think that is pretty good authority don't you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Post #65 asks some very pointed questions and makes some pointed statements and before I read any more of your posts, I ask that you address those questions and statements. Your reliability is on the line. We need answers and not just telling is what we write has no truth.

Addressed section by section and scripture by scripture. How about you have a go now at addressing the linked posts provided in the previous post to you addressing each post section by section and scripture by scripture showing why you agree or disagree with the scriptures provided.

Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Hi all there seems to be some confusion here for some people on this topic and being critical subject matter, I throught it would be good to share a different perspective as to why God's Law applied both to the Torah (all laws) but specifically to God's 10 commandments are a part of the Gospel of our Lord JESUS Christ.

These are the questions for consideration in this thread which will help the discussion..."

Very well organized.
But the problem still remains,
God does not care for our organized religion.
He does not care for our opinions and sacrifices.
What He does care about is our obediance.
What he does care about is that we worship the Father with our heart, body and soul.
What He does care about is that we treat each other the way we would treat ourselves.

And we won't learn about Him until we read and understand His Word. Not what men say that He said in His Word, what we read for ourselves.

Happy Sabbath!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Hi all there seems to be some confusion here for some people on this topic and being critical subject matter, I throught it would be good to share a different perspective as to why God's Law applied both to the Torah (all laws) but specifically to God's 10 commandments are a part of the Gospel of our Lord JESUS Christ.

These are the questions for consideration in this thread which will help the discussion..."

Very well organized.
But the problem still remains,
God does not care for our organized religion.
He does not care for our opinions and sacrifices.
What He does care about is our obediance.
What he does care about is that we worship the Father with our heart, body and soul.
What He does care about is that we treat each other the way we would treat ourselves.

And we won't learn about Him until we read and understand His Word. Not what men say that He said in His Word, what we read for ourselves.

Happy Sabbath!

Good post Tex, welcome and thanks for sharing your view. Happy Sabbath!

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Addressed section by section and scripture by scripture. How about you have a go now at addressing the linked posts provided in the previous post to you addressing each post section by section and scripture by scripture showing why you agree or disagree with the scriptures provided.
Stop playing games and answer the questions and statement from post#65. I will not address any of your post until we get your answers. Your answers will prove one way or another if your posts are worthy.

Upvote 0