Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to you or according to Jesus? I believe Jesus when He said He did not come to destroy God’s laws Mathew 5:17-20

According to Jesus, because it is His words in John 15:10 where he referred to two different sets of commandments.

Why did you ignore the word "fulfill" in Matthew 5:17-20?

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Do you understand the difference between the word "destroy" and the word "fulfill"?

I can destroy a contract to build a new house by tearing it up, but I can fulfill it by building the house.

Which one did Jesus do?

Has He built us a new house out of two pieces of wood and a handful of nails?

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did Moses worship the Golden Calf?

I would be over joyed to have, at long last, an honest examination of the Scriptures with you. Lord knows how often I have tried. I will be more than happy to answer your questions after you do the simplest of common decency and courtesies and answer the question that I asked "Please Answer".

Here, I'll ask it again to make it easy for you.

In Duet 5, How were there Israelite's "Alive this day" given the Word's of the God of the Bible I posted, quoted again below.

Ex. 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

I look forward to an honest answer to my question. Or if you don't know the answer, please just say so.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would be over joyed to have, at long last, an honest examination of the Scriptures with you. Lord knows how often I have tried. I will be more than happy to answer your questions after you do the simplest of common decency and courtesies and answer the question that I asked "Please Answer".

Here, I'll ask it again to make it easy for you.

In Duet 5, How were there Israelite's "Alive this day" given the Word's of the God of the Bible I posted, quoted again below.

Ex. 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

I look forward to an honest answer to my question. Or if you don't know the answer, please just say so.

Based on your response above, it would seem better that you tell me the answer you want to hear.

If I discussed people being swallowed by the ground as one of God's judgment on the children of Israel, it might not be the answer you are looking for.

Maybe that would keep me from the condemnation that you may want to send my direction.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The truth is I never said the ten commandments were "abolished", because the Bible does not say they were "abolished".
I see. So if you agree that Gods' 10 commandments are not abolished then neither is God's 4th commandment which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that make up the 10 commandments *Exodus 20:8-11 that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken according to the scriptures *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 in the new covenant.
Christ said all of the law was to be "fulfilled" by Him in Matthew 5:17-18, and His final three words on the cross confirmed it in John 19:30.
No. What Jesus actually said was "Think not that I have come to destroy the law or the prophets I have not come to destroy the law or the prophets I have not come to destroy but to fulfill them. Jesus goes on to say not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law till Heaven and earth pass away and all be fulfilled and that whosoever breaks one of the least of these commandments shall be called the least in God's Kingdom and that unless our righteousness exceeds that of the external appearance of the Scribes and the Pharisees we shall in no wise enter into Gods' kingdom. - Matthew 5:17-20.

Jesus fulfilled and obeyed all the law and the prophets. He obeyed Gods' 10 commandments and the "shadow laws" for remission of sins and sin offerings, the Levitical Priesthood the earthly Sanctuary all pointed to Jesus as Gods' sacrifice for the sins of the world once for all (John 1:29; 36; Hebrews 10:10), and his role in the new covenant as our great High Priest *Hebrews 7:1-25 in the heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man of which the earthly was only a copy based on better promises of the new covenant *Hebrews 8:1-6. Jesus did not "fulfill" these laws like many teach today so that we do not have to. That is a false teaching and a denial of the very words of Jesus in Matthew 5:17-20 and Matthew 5 where Jesus magnifies the requirements of Gods' 10 commandments to our very thoughts and feelings in Matthew 5:21-22 and Matthew 5:27-28.
The Bible says the Old Covenant was made "obsolete" by the New Covenant in Hebrews 8:6-13. My axe was made "obsolete" by my chainsaw, but my axe was not "abolished". The truth is the text of Deuteronomy 5:1-22 says the Sinai Covenant was not given at an earlier time. If the above is not true, then the Bible is not true.
This is repetition over and over that has already been addressed in some detail in earlier posts and scriptures showing that the bible is indeed very true. As posted earlier your mistake here is not understanding what the old covenant was and what the new covenant is that the old covenant points to. We are in the new covenant now not the old covenant. The old covenant included both Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 34:28) and the Mosiac book of the covenant (Exodus 24:7) or book of the law (Deuteronomy 28:61; 29:21; 30:10 etc), which held all Gods' laws including the "shadow laws" for remission of sins; Levitical Priesthood, Sanctuary laws, circumcision, the annual Feast days and other laws of God. The old covenant included both God's 10 commandments written with the finger of God *Exodus 32:16 on tables of stone and the Mosaic book of the covenant collectively made up the old covenant and was placed in the Ark (house) of the covenant (Deuteronomy 10:2; Deuteronomy 31:24-26). This covenant (10 commandments and the Mosaic book of the covenant) of course was not made with anyone before Israel.
The truth is that Ellen G. White said the door was shut, and later she said the door was open.
Based on this evidence can she be a prophet of God?

Ellen G. White® Estate: The "Shut Door" Documents (whiteestate.org)

"6. December, 1844--Ellen Harmon's First Vision Changed Her Mind About the Significance of the "7th Month Experience."

Under date of May 30, 1847, James White wrote:

When she received her first vision, Dec. 1844, she and all the band in Portland, Maine, (where her parents then resided) had given up the midnight-cry, and shut door, as being in the past. It was then that the Lord shew her in vision, the error into which she and the band in Portland had fallen. She then related her vision to the band, and about sixty confessed their error, and acknowledged their 7th month experience to be the work of God.--James White, A Word to the Little Flock, p. 22." .
It is inevitable that after some time of discussing the scriptures many seek to turn the discussion away from the scriptures to something that is not scripture. God's Word is the light that is turned on to showing that what one believes is true or may not be biblical. In the very words of Jesus many do not like discussing the scriptures and seek to turn the discussion away from the bible when the light is shining brightly because Gods' Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. It shows us what path we are traveling and according to Jesus many love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil and will not come to the light lest their deeds be reproved. We should not be afraid of coming to the light of Gods' Word as it is here we can see what road we are traveling and if we are going in the wrong direction of the many. The light of God's Word can lead us back to the path that is straight and narrow that the many never find.

Many take the writings of EGW as they do the scriptures taking her statements from their context to seek to make them say things they never said. Here you take a few statements that do not state what your claiming. The context here was a belief held in common by the Millerite movement before EGW had her first vision. Look at the statement you provided by James White. Did you read it? Anyhow it is good you posted the link to the full article. It seems you have a misunderstanding of what is written.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why are you ignoring the fact that there two different sets of commandments in the words of Christ found below? Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Jesus is not talking about two different sets of commandments, he is talking about the same commandments. According to the scriptures love is not separate from Gods' law it is established in obedience to Gods' law. This is already shown in the scriptures posted in post # 52; post # 57; post # 58; post # 59. Jesus did not not have a different set of commandments to the father. The scriptures teach us that a house divided cannot stand *Matthew 12:22-28. Jesus says that he and the father are one *John 10:30; John 17:20-23. No one therefore loves God or their fellow man by breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments according to the scriptures. Love is not separate from God's 10 commandments as Jesus says in Matthew 22:36-40, Paul in Romans 13:8-10 and James 2:8-12. Love is expressed in obedience to Gods' law in all those who believe Gods' Word *Romans 3:31 and have been born again *1 John 3:6-9 to walk in Gods' Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:4; Romans 3:31. This is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil according to John in 1 John 3:9-10.

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Based on your response above, it would seem better that you tell me the answer you want to hear.

If I discussed people being swallowed by the ground as one of God's judgment on the children of Israel, it might not be the answer you are looking for.

Maybe that would keep me from the condemnation that you may want to send my direction.

I see, so in your religion, when a person asks you a Question about a Scripture that "you" posted, it means they are trying to condemn you. How can the truth of scripture condemn you, unless you are preaching against it?

I see this same tactic used by the mainstream preachers of Jesus' time. Jesus asked them questions, and they knew the answer, but couldn't say it because the answer exposed their religious philosophy as from man and not from God.

I'm only looking for the true answer to the question I asked. The fact that you refuse to answer doesn't reflect an evil motive on my part. The Biblical Truth is not Evil, in my view.

YOU brought up the Scripture. I just wanted to know if you knew the reason why there were still Israelite's alive after Ex. 32.

I'll give you a him, not for you, but for others which may be reading along.

Jer. 7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

SO When did God "ADD" the command regarding burnt offering and sacrifices for Sin? Before the Golden Calf, or after?

Of course you can't answer this question either.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SO When did God "ADD" the command regarding burnt offering and sacrifices for Sin? Before the Golden Calf, or after?

Of course you can't answer this question either.

God commanded Abraham to go to the mountains of Moriah and offer his son as a sacrifice, but the angel of God stopped him and God provided a sacrificial lamb instead.

Abraham's son had carried the wood for the sacrifice up the hill on his back.

The animal was sacrificed on the altar in the place of Abraham's son.

Gen 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
Gen 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
Gen 22:3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
Gen 22:4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
Gen 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
Gen 22:6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
Gen 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
Gen 22:9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
Gen 22:10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
Gen 22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
Gen 22:13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

---------------------------------

Exo_30:10 And Aaron shall make an atonement upon the horns of it once in a year with the blood of the sin offering of atonements: once in the year shall he make atonement upon it throughout your generations: it is most holy unto the LORD.

Lev_4:25 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out his blood at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering.

Lev_4:34 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar:

Lev_5:9 And he shall sprinkle of the blood of the sin offering upon the side of the altar; and the rest of the blood shall be wrung out at the bottom of the altar: it is a sin offering.

Lev_6:30 And no sin offering, whereof any of the blood is brought into the tabernacle of the congregation to reconcile withal in the holy place, shall be eaten: it shall be burnt in the fire.

Lev_16:15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

Lev_16:27 And the bullock for the sin offering, and the goat for the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the holy place, shall one carry forth without the camp; and they shall burn in the fire their skins, and their flesh, and their dung.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is not talking about two different sets of commandments, he is talking about the same commandments.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Did Jesus say... "You keep my Father's commandments, as I have kept my Father's commandments."

No, He did not.

Any unbiased witness is able to see this truth.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Any unbiased witness is able to see this truth. .

Agreed and the truth of Gods' Word does not agree with you. Please see the scriptures provided here showing why. Your just repeating yourself again here while ignoring the scriptures provided in the posts you are quoting from that disagree with your teachings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed and the truth of Gods' Word does not agree with you. Please see the scriptures provided here showing why. Your just repeating yourself again here while ignoring the scriptures provided in the posts you are quoting from that disagree with your teachings.

Please see the scripture provided below.

John 15:10

(ESV) If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

(ESV+) R11If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as R12I have kept R13my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

(Geneva) If ye shall keepe my commandements, ye shall abide in my loue, as I haue kept my Fathers commandements, and abide in his loue.

(GW) If you obey my commandments, you will live in my love. I have obeyed my Father's commandments, and in that way I live in his love.

(KJV) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

(KJV+) IfG1437 ye keepG5083 myG3450 commandments,G1785 ye shall abideG3306 inG1722 myG3450 love;G26 even asG2531 IG1473 have keptG5083 myG3450 Father'sG3962 commandments,G1785 andG2532 abideG3306 inG1722 hisG846 love.G26

(NKJV) If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

(YLT) if my commandments ye may keep, ye shall remain in my love, according as I the commands of my Father have kept, and do remain in His love;

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please see the scripture provided below.

John 15:10

(ESV) If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

(ESV+) R11If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as R12I have kept R13my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

(Geneva) If ye shall keepe my commandements, ye shall abide in my loue, as I haue kept my Fathers commandements, and abide in his loue.

(GW) If you obey my commandments, you will live in my love. I have obeyed my Father's commandments, and in that way I live in his love.

(KJV) If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

(KJV+) IfG1437 ye keepG5083 myG3450 commandments,G1785 ye shall abideG3306 inG1722 myG3450 love;G26 even asG2531 IG1473 have keptG5083 myG3450 Father'sG3962 commandments,G1785 andG2532 abideG3306 inG1722 hisG846 love.G26

(NKJV) If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

(YLT) if my commandments ye may keep, ye shall remain in my love, according as I the commands of my Father have kept, and do remain in His love;

Ok what have you provided here that says love is separate from Gods' law? - Nothing. You have just provided parallel translations of the same scripture that has already been addressed in a detailed scripture response in post # 52; post # 57; post # 58; post # 59 that you refuse to respond to showing that love is not separate from Gods' law it is expressed in obedience to Gods' law in those who are born again *1 John 3:6-9 into God's new covenant promise *Hebrews 8:10-12 from Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:24-27 and made free to walk in Gods' Spirit *Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:4. As already shown in the scriptures, love is not separate from God's 10 commandments according to Jesus in Matthew 22:36-40, Paul in Romans 13:8-10 and James 2:8-12. These of course are all Gods' Words and not my words. What is it here that you do not believe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟325,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God commanded Abraham to go to the mountains of Moriah and offer his son as a sacrifice, but the angel of God stopped him and God provided a sacrificial lamb instead.

Abraham's son had carried the wood for the sacrifice up the hill on his back.

The animal was sacrificed on the altar in the place of Abraham's son.

God said HE was testing Abraham to see of he would place his own son before God. How is this a Commandment for a man that sinned to take a goat to a Levite Priest for atonement?

Gen 22:10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
Gen 22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
Gen 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Abraham was justified by Faith, not by Sacrificial "works of the Law" of a Priesthood HE didn't have.

This was before the Golden calf. You are missing key Scriptures here, I put them back in.

Ex. 28:1 And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons.

Ex. 29:1 And this is the thing that thou shalt do unto them to hallow them,(Priests) to minister unto me in the priest's office: Take one young bullock, and two rams without blemish,

Exo_30:10 And Aaron shall make an atonement upon the horns of it once in a year with the blood of the sin offering of atonements: once in the year shall he make atonement upon it throughout your generations: it is most holy unto the LORD.

Ex. 30:14 Every one that passeth among them that are numbered, from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering unto the LORD. (No mention of animals)

15 The rich shall not give more, and the poor shall not give less than half a shekel, when they give an offering unto the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.

16 And thou shalt take the atonement money of the children of Israel, and shalt appoint it for the service of the tabernacle of the congregation; that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the LORD, to make an atonement for your souls.

This is just as Jeremiah said.

Jer. 7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

No mention of killing animals for the atonement of the Children of Israel, only for Priests.

This was all Before the Golden calf.

The following was "ADDED" because of transgressions (Golden Calf), "Till the SEED Should Come".

Lev. 1:1 And the LORD called unto Moses, and spake unto him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, If any man of you bring an offering unto the LORD, ye shall bring your offering of the cattle, even of the herd, and of the flock.

No more money! This is an "ADDED" Law that was not there before the Golden Calf.

3 If his offering be a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish: he shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD.

4 And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.

5 And he shall kill the bullock before the LORD: and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall bring the blood, and sprinkle the blood round about upon the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

6 And he shall flay the burnt offering, and cut it into his pieces.

7 And the sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire upon the altar, and lay the wood in order upon the fire:

God didn't command this when He brought the Children of Israel out of Egypt, this was "ADDED" after Moses pleaded with God for Israel's life in Ex. 32.

It's important to include enough Scriptures to see what God is telling them. Let me put the ones you omitted back for context.

Lev. 4:22 When a ruler hath sinned, and done somewhat through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD his God concerning things which should not be done, and is guilty;

23 Or if his sin, wherein he hath sinned, come to his knowledge; he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a male without blemish:

24 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the goat, and kill it in the place where they kill the burnt offering before the LORD: (For the Priests) it is a sin offering.

Lev_4:25 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out his blood at the bottom of the altar of burnt offering.

26 And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him.

This Covenant with Levi to provide for the atonement of men that sinned, was "ADDED" because of Transgressions until the SEED, the True High Priest should come. This is the Temporary "LAW" that became obsolete when Jesus came. This is the Covenant God promised to change in Jer. 31. This is the LAW that was to lead the Jews to Christ, the True Lamb of God.

24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

So because they broke the Covenant God made with them, God made a Covenant with Levi, on their behalf, to provide for their atonement, "till the Seed should come". AS Hebrews tells us.

Heb. 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

As Malachi teaches.

Mal. 2:4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name. (Ex. 32:26) Look it up.

6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

I know most modern religions can not accept these Biblical truths as they are not taught, as Prophesied. But I appreciate you opening the door so I can show you what Covenant became obsolete. And to show you what LAW was ADDED 430 years after Abraham obeyed God's Commandments, Statutes, Laws and Judgments.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And to show you what LAW was ADDED 430 years after Abraham obeyed God's Commandments, Statutes, Laws and Judgments.

Can you show Abraham keeping the 4th commandment in the Book of Genesis?

Deu 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
Deu 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
Deu 5:3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
Deu 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
Deu 5:5 (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount;) saying,
Deu 5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deu 5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Deu 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deu 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Deu 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Deu 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.
Deu 5:13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
Deu 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
Deu 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Deu 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deu 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
Deu 5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
Deu 5:19 Neither shalt thou steal.
Deu 5:20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Deu 5:21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Deu 5:22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.

• Winner
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can you show Abraham keeping the 4th commandment in the Book of Genesis?

Deu 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.
Deu 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
Deu 5:3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
Deu 5:4 The LORD talked with you face to face in the mount out of the midst of the fire,
Deu 5:5 (I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to shew you the word of the LORD: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not up into the mount;) saying,
Deu 5:6 I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Deu 5:7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Deu 5:8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
Deu 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
Deu 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.
Deu 5:11 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Deu 5:12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.
Deu 5:13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
Deu 5:14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
Deu 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Deu 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Deu 5:17 Thou shalt not kill.
Deu 5:18 Neither shalt thou commit adultery.
Deu 5:19 Neither shalt thou steal.
Deu 5:20 Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Deu 5:21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.
Deu 5:22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.

Your repeating yourself again this has been addressed some time ago. Can you show Abraham not keeping the Sabbath which Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind *Mark 2:27 which was made at creation Genesis 2:1-3? Arguments in silence do not go very far and backfire sometimes as it has done in your case here. Then we read in from the very words of God...

Genesis 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

So if Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind at creation, don't you think it is presumption to say that Abraham did not keep the Sabbath when God says that the Sabbath was made for mankind at creation and that Abraham kept Gods' laws?

Now perhaps you can show us where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest? - There is none.

Or perhaps you can show us where there scriptures teach that Sunday is "the Lords day" - There is none.

Or perhaps you can show us where the scripture is that says Jesus is a Sabbath? - Wait there is none.

What about the scripture that says if we knowingly break anyone of God's 10 commandments we do not commit sin? - Wait the scriptures say if we break anyone of God's 10 commandments we commit sin *James 2:10-11.

Or where is the scriptures that says if we continue in a life of known unrepentant sin we will be saved in Gods' kingdom? - Wait there is none.

Looks to me like those that take the above view are building their house on sifting sand. It seems you have a lot of catching up to do. I know you will probably not respond to my posts and the scriptures that show why your claims and teachings are not biblical and of course you do not have to if you do not want to as that is between you and God to work through.

Either way I am enjoying our conversation as it gives the opportunity to share God's Word for which I am truly thankful so that others might see the light that shines when the road is dark and narrow.

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind at creation, don't you think it is presumption to say that Abraham did not keep the Sabbath when God says that the Sabbath was made for mankind at creation and that Abraham kept Gods' laws?

If you are going to make a statement about what Jesus said, would it be better if you cited that particular verse?
I could not find any New Testament verse which contains both the word "sabbath" and "creation".

We know Abraham kept the laws that God gave him.
However the text never says anything about Abraham keeping a Sabbath day.

Abraham was commanded to circumcise his male offspring, which is no longer necessary in the New Covenant. Why not? Because Christ was circumcised for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or perhaps you can show us where the scripture is that says Jesus is a Sabbath? - Wait there is none.

Col 2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ; (YLT)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Former SDA pastor on the Sabbath in the New Covenant:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟379,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Col 2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ; (YLT)

Context is found in the same chapter.

Colossians 2:6-8 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:20-22 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ; (YLT) .

Hello BABerean2,

You have a little catching up to do. Your claims about the Sabbath being a "shadow law" was addressed in detail in a detailed scripture response in post # 71; post # 72. Your response of course was just to ignore the scripture context you left out showing that Colossians 2:16 is in reference to the annual sabbaths in the annual Feast days not Gods 4th commandment. Ignoring Gods' Word dear friend will not make it disappear according to Jesus in John 12:47-48.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you are going to make a statement about what Jesus said, would it be better if you cited that particular verse?
I could not find any New Testament verse which contains both the word "sabbath" and "creation".

We know Abraham kept the laws that God gave him.
However the text never says anything about Abraham keeping a Sabbath day.

Abraham was commanded to circumcise his male offspring, which is no longer necessary in the New Covenant. Why not? Because Christ was circumcised for us.

Perhaps if you read all the post you would have seem the scripture that was cited in the post you are quoting from instead of part quoting me and pretending I did not cite the verse when the verse was cited in the very post you are quoting from. I noticed you ignored all the questions asked of you again. That is ok I post them for others to read. Perhaps you can pray about it.

From the original post..

Can you show Abraham not keeping the Sabbath which Jesus says that the Sabbath was made for all mankind *Mark 2:27 which was made at creation Genesis 2:1-3? Arguments in silence do not go very far and backfire sometimes as it has done in your case here. Then we read in from the very words of God...

Genesis 26:5 [5], Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Now perhaps you can show us where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest? - There is none.

Or perhaps you can show us where there scriptures teach that Sunday is "the Lords day" - There is none.

What about the scripture that says if we knowingly break anyone of God's 10 commandments we do not commit sin? - Wait the scriptures say if we break anyone of God's 10 commandments we commit sin *James 2:10-11.

Or where is the scriptures that says if we continue in a life of known unrepentant sin we will be saved in Gods' kingdom? - Wait there is none.

Looks to me like those that take the above view are building their house on sifting sand. It seems you have a lot of catching up to do. I know you will probably not respond to my posts and the scriptures that show why your claims and teachings are not biblical and of course you do not have to if you do not want to as that is between you and God to work through.

Either way I am enjoying our conversation as it gives the opportunity to share God's Word for which I am truly thankful so that others might see the light that shines when the road is dark and narrow.

Something to pray about.

Upvote 0