Visit site
✟278.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It can be a wonderful form of worship and i only dance in worship now but it is also hell on the floor. We have some....provacative 'ladys' and 'gentlemen', and i use those terms loosly, in this day and age and i don't like it. Girls are pulling their dresses up to their waists and bumping and grinding and all that just to have a good time. I would like to tell them that i have a great time hanging out at Dunkin DOughnuts with my friends and if my parents say me, they wouldn't be ashamed.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Dancing does not equal bad, sin, expression of wrong desires, or anything else. Who ever says that is being ignorant, but before you shout at me for saying that, let me explain. It is like saying that sex is wrong. No it is not, for God created it. What is wrong is sex outside of wedlock. So then, what is wrong is dirty dancing, and dancing to bad music. Ever heard of interp. It is a form of organized dance, though somewhat slow, becuase it is a mix of dancing and signlanguage (thats the best way I can explain it.)

So by calling people ignorant, I use it in a since that they do not think though the issue before making such claims. We all have been deserving of being called ignorant at some point or another.

Back to dancing, many people say dancing is wrong becuase the average dance (what I saw when I went to a school dance, which suprised my socks of at light-speed that the school allowed not just the dancing, but the music being played) is very dirty. It is pretty much acting like having sex standing up. (this is what I saw at a school dance). But some dances are not bad. I myself, have a conviction to not to listen to anything that is not christain, and so I only do interp. But sometimes interp can be combined with hip-hop christain songs. Now there is something that you should see.

So in the end, dancing is not in any way bad, and if I knew of a school that said that, well me and them would have a chat. A very long chat.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I must admit...I find the Macarna to be simply funny. My 83 year old grandma can do it; everyone gets a laugh.

Naahh...dancing isn't sinful. It is a neutral thing. Even those dances of "suggestiveness" like the one I've mentioned aren't always what they appear to be, if those performing it have right intentions in mind; ie: just to have fun and mean nothing more about it other than to just have fun.

Upvote 0

fresh

Jul 18, 2005
✟285.00
Faith
Christian
group dancing has to be the one of the most ignorant things man has ever invented. The fact that a bunch of people gather in one relative spot and bounce up and down to a beat like a pack of monkeys, makes dancing such a primative and ridiculously moronic event. dancing can be nice to see if done artistically like in ballet but those who dance at clubs and bars are nothing more than drunken aborigines suffering from temporary insanity. Like this new street garbage coming out of california where the kids pretend to fight air.. now that just tops the proverbial cake of stupidity.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
what I call a suggestive dance, is the one I saw at school, which involved one boy, one girl, pairing. I can still have a vivid image of it becuase it was so schocking, but so is so many thing I find out at school. The couple were within 6 inches of each other, but so that there waist (or the gerneral area, was withing 2 inches of each other. Also the motions. I can't describe becuase it is still to sickining. Not to mention what the lyrics were.

So lets just say that suggestive dancing, or what I call suggestive dancing, is not anything that can be pure, nomatter what you are thinking, unless of corse they are married, but then they should not be doing something like that in public.

And this was the point that I lost all respect for the school system.

Upvote 0

artybloke

Mar 1, 2004
North of England
✟8,017.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Politics
UK-Labour
I watched a programme on the waltz yesterday. Never realised how shocking it was! People touched each others' bodies, people span around across the floor till they were dizzy! All to the music of Strauss!

There were Victorian moralists up in arms all over Europe!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.