✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Elnaam
Frankly I find this is a silly arguement!

Yes, it is silly, but unfortionately, because there are some on this forum who believe that Jesus carried impurities in His Blood, it has to be proven as a myth.

Jesus became a man but His body did not have the impurities of man, due to sin.  Adams sin. 

On the cross, Jesus bore all of mans diseases and impurities.  Not until.  Jesus himself said "a house divided against itself would perish". Yet, that is how some on these threads are portraying Him. The Healer but Himself sickly.  THAT is what is silly!

:bow:

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"are some on this forum who believe that Jesus carried impurities in His Blood, it has to be proven as a myth.
"

Its not a myth at all, its a true thing. Christ could have been sick because it has nothing to do with sin. Thus, he could have had pimples :)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hey Andrew,

I understand this is not just about pimples but about defects in general. I mean, if Jesus' (God's) blood was so inaffective as to not keep away pimples in His own body, how could it heal my sins, let alone my diseases?

I was reading this morning and came upon the verse in Phil 2:6-8 "who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men".

FORM :
Strong's Number: 3444 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin
morfhv perhaps from the base of (3313) (through the idea of adjustment of parts)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Morphe 4:742,607
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
mor-fay' Noun Feminine

Definition
the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision
external appearance

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon

LIKENESS :
Strong's Number: 3667 Browse Lexicon
Original Word Word Origin
oJmoivwma from (3666)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Homoioma 5:191,684
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
hom-oy'-o-mah Noun Neuter

Definition
that which has been made after the likeness of something
a figure, image, likeness, representation
likeness i.e. resemblance , such as amounts almost to equality or identity

Jesus took on the form and likeness of man, but not man's nature. He did not have the blood of Joseph, he had the blood of God the Father. There was no defect whatsoever.

Now, at the cross it was ALL laid upon Him. Thank You Jesus for what You did on the cross. And thank you Andrew for being a defender of the Word of Truth.

Even though the direct subject matter may seem silly and trivial, Jesus, the pure and spotless Lamb of God was not a mere human. He was God, and He did not take on the curses of humanity before it was time.

Thanks again Andrew, :hug:

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay if Jesus did not have pimples then what else did He not have? Did He ever cough? He couldn't have done that right? A healthy person does not cough or get something in his eye. Did He really work and was His muscles ever sore from doing carperntry stuff? No way. Did He ever cut Himself while working? Heck no He is God. Heck He really could not of gotten dehydrated right? Because dehydration does not occur in a body that is 100% healthy. I mean Jesus if dehydrated needed water so He was not in His peek position. Now I know all this is very sarcastic but I am trying to make the point that what is so crazy about the incarnation is that God Himself came down from Heaven where there is no sickness and no thirst or hunger or being tired and came down to Earth and became a man who thus had to experience all these things. That is what makes the incarnation so special. if God was never thirsty or hungry then a lot of our temptation He never faced. Which is weird because when He faced His greatest temptation it was right after He had fasted. Which I think was there to make the temptation more of a temptation.

And also many think that because one is sick it is always due because of the sin of THAT PERSON. This is clearly NOT TRUE if we look at Jesus' own words.

John 9:1-3
CHAPTER 9

1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.
2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
3 Jesus answered, "{It was} neither {that} this man sinned, nor his parents; but {it was} so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
(NAU)

Then Jesus goes on and heals the man physically and later in the chapter heals Him spiritually. But the point is that the sickeness WAS NOT A RESULT of the man's or even his parents sin. The man was sick so that Jesus could work a miracle and heal Him and then touch His heart. So Jesus could of had pimples not because of any sin of His own but because He was a man and had to face the many trials and temptations that a man has to face. I for one do not want to hear God saying that Jesus faced the same temptations as I if He never was really tired because then It that is clearly not true. But I am glad that Jesus did face those kinds of times and those kinds of temptaions but did not sin. Praise God who became a man like me but then did not sin. Praise God!

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am in a healing ministry. I know that Jesus had divine health, and I know that we can have divine health. We do not ever have to be sick, but if we do get sick, God can heal us. We see people who are at deaths door, healed and restored. We see blind people receive their sight, we see deaf people who can hear, and mute people who can talk. I just see to many miracles and healing not to believe that God wants to heal people. I know that Jesus is life, health and healing.

John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"I was reading this morning and came upon the verse in Phil 2:6-8 "who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men".

hey Quaffie,

I read that recently too, a my thots were exactly what you posted! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Ok, I can accept that is a description of Jesus, but as soon as you do then you have to be able to explain the symbols. For example, what does it mean that he has legs like marble on sockets of gold?"

Sorry I cant rem for now. My Pastor did preach on it sometime ago. but my point is simply this: "beloved more than another beloved," "thy beloved more than another beloved",
"the chiefest among ten thousand." "all together lovely".

now you wont describe a man as such if he is ugly and unattractive right? An ugly man cant be "chieftast among ten thousand" or more "beloved than another beloved" or "all together lovely".

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Andrew
now you wont describe a man as such if he is ugly and unattractive right?

No, of course, I would not. You passage for sure is the feeling of the Bride toward Jesus. She will be so in love with Him. She will seek to follow Him anywhere. Ruth had the attitude of the Bride.

Ruth 1:16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Blackhawk
Okay if Jesus did not have pimples then what else did He not have? Did He ever cough? He couldn't have done that right? A healthy person does not cough or get something in his eye.

I think you're mixing apples and oranges here.  A cough is a healthy response of the body to get rid of something stuck in the throat, such as dust.  Something in His eye? Maybe, but it did'nt make him blind.  It did not stay long either.

Did He really work and was His muscles ever sore from doing carperntry stuff? No way.

That's not a sickness or disease.

Did He ever cut Himself while working? Heck no He is God.
If He did, He spoke the Word and it healed immediately.  I can't see Jesus putting a band-aid on His boo's boo's.

Heck He really could not of gotten dehydrated right? Because dehydration does not occur in a body that is 100% healthy. I mean Jesus if dehydrated needed water so He was not in His peek position.

Again, these are not sicknesses or diseases.  A body gets hungry because it goes without food.  And thirsty when it needs water.

Originally posted by Blackhawk Now I know all this is very sarcastic but I am trying to make the point that what is so crazy about the incarnation is that God Himself came down from Heaven where there is no sickness and no thirst or hunger or being tired and came down to Earth and became a man who thus had to experience all these things. That is what makes the incarnation so special. if God was never thirsty or hungry then a lot of our temptation He never faced. Which is weird because when He faced His greatest temptation it was right after He had fasted. Which I think was there to make the temptation more of a temptation.

There is no argument on whether He experienced hunger, thirst, or tiredness.  There is argument whether, during His 33 years of human life, He experienced sickness, diseases, and/or human maladies that cause discomfort, pain, and disfigurment, etc..  

All of our diseases were laid on Him while He hung on the cross, not until.

Originally posted by Blackhawk And also many think that because one is sick it is always due because of the sin of THAT PERSON. This is clearly NOT TRUE if we look at Jesus' own words.

John 9:1-3
CHAPTER 9

1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth.
2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
3 Jesus answered, "{It was} neither {that} this man sinned, nor his parents; but {it was} so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
(NAU)

Then Jesus goes on and heals the man physically and later in the chapter heals Him spiritually. But the point is that the sickeness WAS NOT A RESULT of the man's or even his parents sin. The man was sick so that Jesus could work a miracle and heal Him and then touch His heart. So Jesus could of had pimples not because of any sin of His own but because He was a man and had to face the many trials and temptations that a man has to face. I for one do not want to hear God saying that Jesus faced the same temptations as I if He never was really tired because then It that is clearly not true.

What temptation is there in getting pimples?  What is having sickness, disease, or disfigurement tempting you to do? 

Originally posted by Blackhawk But I am glad that Jesus did face those kinds of times and those kinds of temptaions but did not sin. Praise God who became a man like me but then did not sin. Praise God!

Jesus faced temptation the same way you and I do.  He grew hungry but He persevered.  He became thirsty, but He perservered.  He became tired, but He persevered.  That's what we're called to also.  Perseverence.

When sickness tried to attack I can invision Him telling it to "git".  And like the fleeing demons, it "got"  :D  It did not pass go or collect $200.  It was gone.  :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I know that Jesus had divine health, "

Maybe so, maybe not :) I personally think Jesus was human and thus was subjected to being sick, scraping his knee, getting tired, and everything else that comes with being human. To deny one of them is to deny that he was human at all. He WAS human, but so much more, but that doesn't mean that he didn't have human needs, sickness, etc...

"When sickness tried to attack I can invision Him telling it to "git". "

I think you're very wrong. He probalby weathered it like a normal human, just as he weathered being hungry for 40 days in the desert.

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Quaffer
I think you're mixing apples and oranges here.  A cough is a healthy response of the body to get rid of something stuck in the throat, such as dust.  Something in His eye? Maybe, but it did'nt make him blind.  It did not stay long either.

I do not think so really. Maybe some of my example were an improper mixture but not all.  Basically my point was that Jesus could have no physical problems if one was to take the view that some in this thread are.  Which would then make it so He really did not go through all the temptations that I have and not really human. 

[/B][/QUOTE] Again, these are not sicknesses or diseases.  A body gets hungry because it goes without food.  And thirsty when it needs water. [/B][/QUOTE]

But with their argument how can Jesus' body ever be hungry or thristy?  Being thirsty or hungry is psrt of the dicomfort and pain of having a human body because of the fall.  So no it is not a disease but it goes along with it. 

[/B][/QUOTE] There is no argument on whether He experienced hunger, thirst, or tiredness.  There is argument whether, during His 33 years of human life, He experienced sickness, diseases, and/or human maladies that cause discomfort, pain, and disfigurment, etc..  [/B][/QUOTE] 

I have no problem with Jesus being sick.  That is a part of the fall of man and because jesus was a man He had to go through those things.  I showed an example also of how one's sickness has nothing to do with their sin at all.  That it is just the human condition after the fall. 

[/B][/QUOTE] All of our diseases were laid on Him while He hung on the cross, not until. [/B][/QUOTE] 

This statement though I believe is not to be interpreted to mean that He never got a cold or anything like that.  It was to show how Jesus on the cross died for our sins and thus for our diseases and death. 

[/B][/QUOTE] What temptation is there in getting pimples?  What is having sickness, disease, or disfigurement tempting you to do? [/B][/QUOTE]  

well I do not know if I ever said getting pimples tempt you to do something but being sick or tired makes it much harder to love or be kind.  It makes you more apt, most of the time, to be unChristlike.  The temptation is to slack off because it is harder at those times. 

[/B][/QUOTE] Jesus faced temptation the same way you and I do.  He grew hungry but He persevered.  He became thirsty, but He perservered.  He became tired, but He persevered.  That's what we're called to also.  Perseverence.[/B][/QUOTE]  

Cool.   I agree.  He did get tired and was hungry and thirsty.  I have no problem with that.

[/B][/QUOTE] When sickness tried to attack I can invision Him telling it to "git".  And like the fleeing demons, it "got"  :D  It did not pass go or collect $200.  It was gone.  :)

[/B][/QUOTE]

Now I believe this could of occurred but I do not know where this is in the Nt text.  Is there a passage that I am not thinking of?  What scriptures are you basing this upon?   

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"I have no problem with Jesus being sick.Ê That is a part of the fall of man and because jesus was a man He had to go through those things."

Then you are saying that Jesus inherited that fall. Then why the virgin birth? How can he be the sinless spotless Lamb of God qualified to take away humanity's sin if he inherited the fall just like any of us?

Also the first Adam was created good -- he wld have lived forever and not die -- had he not sinned. Now Christ is the last Adam, so do you think God made this last Adam with faults? inheriting a fallen nature that the 1st Adam did not even have when he was made?

again, read malachi -- God rejects lamb sacrifices where the lamb is sick, blind, limping etc. He even tells us to go offer it to the governor and see if he (man) be pleased.

Now how can the substance Jesus be less than the shadow?

also, in the OT there were strict qualifications regarding the physical appearance of the priest. eg he cannot have moles, be hunched or have a crooked nose.

again, how can Jesus our high priest be any less than the shadow?

Finally read Song of Sol chp 5. there it describe's Jesus physical appearance and being "the chiefest among ten thousand."

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Then you are saying that Jesus inherited that fall"

YES! He lived in the world, he did not inherit the fallen nature though. These are 2 very different things!! Be in the world (live in it, get sick, be tired, hungry, etc...) but not of the world (sinful, sinful nature, etc..)

You're finally getting it andrew!!!!

"Now Christ is the last Adam, so do you think God made this last Adam with faults? "

Being sick is not a fault, being hungry is not a fault, being tired is not a fault. They are all a result of having to live in a fallen world and having a perishable body.

"again, how can Jesus our high priest be any less than the shadow?"

He was, SPIRITUALLY. that's what matters. If the physical mattered then Christ would not have been christ because he was beaten and scared BEFORE he died on the cross. Remember it wasn't until he was on the cross that he took out sins upon himself.

"Song of Sol chp 5. there it describe's Jesus physical appearance and being "the chiefest among ten thousand."
"

LOL This has nothing to do with Christ at all!! If you think it does, name the verse and I will clearly show you why its not. I see nothing in that chapter about being physically perfect. You know there was another person in history that thought you have to be physically perfect too in order to be "christian" or "good".

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
When sickness tried to attack I can invision Him telling it to "git".  And like the fleeing demons, it "got"  :D  It did not pass go or collect $200.  It was gone.  :)

[/B][/QUOTE]

Now I believe this could of occurred but I do not know where this is in the Nt text.  Is there a passage that I am not thinking of?  What scriptures are you basing this upon?    [/B][/QUOTE]

Well Blackhawk, I think it would be a host of scriptures.  All those where He speaks His Fathers Word and demons and sickness flee. And I imagine it was "git" or the Father's equivelent of git'  :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
quote:"But with their argument how can Jesus' body ever be hungry or thristy?Ê Being thirsty or hungry is psrt of the dicomfort and pain of having a human body because of the fall.Ê So no it is not a disease but it goes along with it.Ê"

Then consider the Risen Lord who ate fish with Peter in the morning. You mean to tell me the risen Lord who had a new body also had discomfort and pain that morning?

Jn 21:12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord. 13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise. 14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead. 15 So when they had dined,...

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Andrew
"I have no problem with Jesus being sick.Ê That is a part of the fall of man and because jesus was a man He had to go through those things."

Then you are saying that Jesus inherited that fall. Then why the virgin birth? How can he be the sinless spotless Lamb of God qualified to take away humanity's sin if he inherited the fall just like any of us?

No I am not saying that He inherited the fall.  What I am saying is that if one is a human in this world one is affected by the fall.  Jesus had no sin in His life but as a human He had to endure the fairlities of a human.  He got tired which was a big temptaion to Him on many occasions although He did not sin.  But no i am not saying He inherited the fall or original sin but He did become human. 

Also the first Adam was created good -- he wld have lived forever and not die -- had he not sinned. Now Christ is the last Adam, so do you think God made this last Adam with faults? inheriting a fallen nature that the 1st Adam did not even have when he was made? [/B]

Well let me askyou this did Jesus have a body?  I ask because a physical body can get cut and can have broken bones.  Now Christ did not break any bones but my point is the human body is frail. So I think it is clear that becomeing a human meant Jesus had to endure some limitations.  And He chose to endure those limitations so He could be our savior and a proper sacrifice.  Oh and saying Jesus had no real body would be heresy but I think you know that. 

again, read malachi -- God rejects lamb sacrifices where the lamb is sick, blind, limping etc. He even tells us to go offer it to the governor and see if he (man) be pleased. [/B]

God looked upon Jesus' heart and saw it clean of sin.  So He was a proper sacrifice. 

Now how can the substance Jesus be less than the shadow?

also, in the OT there were strict qualifications regarding the physical appearance of the priest. eg he cannot have moles, be hunched or have a crooked nose.

again, how can Jesus our high priest be any less than the shadow? [/B]

The New covenants qualifications re spiritual qualifications.  Jesus physical appearance has nothing to do with Him being able to be our savior.  WE are all priests so can we have moles?  Do we have to be physically perfect? 

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.