Why Jesus did not have pimples

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Outspoken
"Satan did not need permission! "

HUH? Yeah, he does. If you read what christ says you will see that. Satan ASKED to cut down peter like wheat. He must ask for permission because we belong to God. 

This is one of the reasons people have such problems with the book of Job. Job was not a Christian! He did not exist under the gospel and could not operate under the faith that we can. What happened to Job could never happen to Christians (unless they are ignorant of what Jesus has done that is).

BTW as to Peter:

Luke 22:31-32 KJV And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (32) But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

I do not see where satan asked anyone. In fact, it appears that the only thing that prevented the sifting from taking place was Peter´s faith being bolstered by Jesus.

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by didaskalos

This is one of the reasons people have such problems with the book of Job. Job was not a Christian! He did not exist under the gospel and could not operate under the faith that we can. What happened to Job could never happen to Christians (unless they are ignorant of what Jesus has done that is).

But Job did live by faith just as we do! Ever read Hebrews 11? All who have been saved are justified by faith! :cool:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Jesaiah
But Job did live by faith just as we do! ...

I agree, he did to a certain extent. But it also says that he was full of fears. THe things that happened to him were a shopping list of his fears. That was a lot of fear!

I think this is a testamony of his faith and why the terrible things happened to him:

Job 3:25-26 YLT
(25) For a fear I feared and it meeteth me, And what I was afraid of doth come to me.
(26) I was not safe--nor was I quiet--Nor was I at rest--and trouble cometh!

This is really not a very good confession of faith.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by seebs
I was expecting this thread to be a product placement for some kind of zit cream. How disappointing! :)

LOL @ seebs. :D

As I am writing this, I have a cold. I openly confess that some rhinoviruses have invaded my body, causing me to be ill. Nevertheless I did not invite this cold. I didn't give authority to Satan. The reason I am sick is because I live in a world that contains viruses, bacteria, and other harmful forms of life, and someone attending church while ill passed this particular virus on to my sister, who passed it on to me.

Nevertheless, it was not satanic, demonic, or anything other than the result of a nasty bug and its thoughtless host who couldn't stay home one Sunday.

On topic, I believe that Jesus would not have been ill since God would have specially protected Him, just as He protected Him from potentially fatal work accidents and from angry mobs.

However does that mean that we will be protected? No, because none of us are here for the exact same mission. Hence, we are not granted that same level of protection.

Upvote 0
R

reAsonX

Originally posted by Susan
However does that mean that we will be protected? No, because none of us are here for the exact same mission. Hence, we are not granted that same level of protection.

I guess Like the Man said "Be it unto you according to your faith"....  

sneeze.gif

I hope you are feeling better soon!!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by didaskalos
I agree, he did to a certain extent. But it also says that he was full of fears. THe things that happened to him were a shopping list of his fears. That was a lot of fear!

I think this is a testamony of his faith and why the terrible things happened to him:

Job 3:25-26 YLT
(25) For a fear I feared and it meeteth me, And what I was afraid of doth come to me.
(26) I was not safe--nor was I quiet--Nor was I at rest--and trouble cometh!

This is really not a very good confession of faith.

I think it is easy to see why Job was put through his trials. All we must do is read Job 1 and 2 and read the discussion that takes place between God and Satan. Job was such a man of faith that He allowed Satan to tempt Job to prove that Job's faith was true and real :)

But I will leave it at that because I have discussed this earlier in the thread and do not wish to annoy Andrew.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 91 promises protection to all who dwell in the secret place of the Most High. If Jesus were sick that would mean He was not dwelling in that secret place.

But, since we know that is not the case, then He could not have experienced sickness. As a human, He showed us, by example how to dwell in that secret place and be protected as Psalm 91 describes.

Psalm 91

Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust."

3Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[1]
And from the perilous pestilence.
4He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14"Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation."

There is some heavy duty protection promised here. Do we believe it, or not?

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"What happened to Job could never happen to Christians (unless they are ignorant of what Jesus has done that is). "

LOL, you've got to be joking. Seriously now, yes christians do undergo persecution just like Job did, as it sometimes is sent by God.

"I do not see where satan asked anyone."

Ya need to check your greek

1809 exaiteomai {ex-ahee-teh'-om-ahee}

middle voice from 1537 and 154; TDNT - 1:194,*; v

AV - desire 1; 1

1) to ask from, demand of
1a) to ask or beg for one's self, to ask that one be given up to
one from the power of another

Satan asked God.

"Psalm 91 promises protection to all who dwell in the secret place of the Most High. If Jesus were sick that would mean He was not dwelling in that secret place. "

Quaff this is totally wrong. Christ was human, and thus could have gotten sick, to say anything else is to deny that he became human.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"What happened to Job could never happen to Christians (unless they are ignorant of what Jesus has done that is). "

LOL, you've got to be joking. Seriously now, yes christians do undergo persecution just like Job did, as it sometimes is sent by God.

No, I am not joking. I am not sure we could call what happened to Job "persecution". If sickness is a form of persecution.. then this is a whole different ball game. I have never heard anyone imply that what happened to Job was persecution for his faith.
"I do not see where satan asked anyone."

Ya need to check your greek
1809 exaiteomai {ex-ahee-teh'-om-ahee} ...

Satan asked God.

hehehe...  I was kind of looking for that answer ;) , which presents a whole new set of problems. If satan asked God to sift Peter, then God either said yes or no. Of course God had to have said yes, else Jesus would not have to had to strengthen Peter's faith. So what I think you are implying is that God gave satan power to sift Peter, and then Jesus overruled God and gave Peter strength to thwart the will of God? :confused:  That is a bit confusing. :scratch: I do not think there is such lack of communication and/or differences between Jesus and the Father.

Or maybe you are one who is joking?:help:

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"I have never heard anyone imply that what happened to Job was persecution for his faith."

then you haven't read the book of Job. That's exactly what happened. He was tested by God, perscuted by his friends and by Satan himself for being righteous in God's sight.

"So what I think you are implying is that God gave satan power to sift Peter, and then Jesus overruled God and gave Peter strength to thwart the will of God?"

LOL, nope. Jesus obeyed the will of the Father and let Peter be sifted. Jesus didn't strenghten Peter's faith at all, just told him it would happen. I don't think you've read the passage quite clearly enough...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

LOL, nope. Jesus obeyed the will of the Father and let Peter be sifted. Jesus didn't strenghten Peter's faith at all, just told him it would happen. I don't think you've read the passage quite clearly enough...

Luke 22:31-32 KJV And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (32) But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
But I will leave it at that because I have discussed this earlier in the thread and do not wish to annoy Andrew.

*LOL it ok Jesaiah, i dun even recall that.

Job is still a controversial topic. Many still want to use Job as an 'excuse'/'support' that God wants Christians sick etc.

Just the other day, I was reading James and he spoke of Job from the NT church perspective, James being in the NT after the cross.

I felt the Holy Spirit was telling me: "Job was in the OT, the church is in the NT." How does the NT/James want us to treat Job? From what perspective?

"As you know, we consider blessed those who have perservered. You have heard of Job's perserverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy." James 5:11

Most Christians who use Job to 'support' their sufferings tend to forget the happy ending Job had. He was blessed with twice as much as b4, healed, lived a long life etc etc.

Why can't they be balanced and take everything in context? Why leave out the last part? James himself reminds us abt how the Lord had blessed Job with more than ever, and how He is compassionate and full of mercy.

If Christians insist on using Job, then dont pick and choose, read the last chapter too and expect the same thing by perservering -- not without hope -- as Job did.

And the other thing is this: Job did not live in a time when Christ had died and risen and become our Advocate and High-Priest. Yet, Christians who use Job, want to go back into Job's era. They talk as if Christ had not died and risen! That's sad.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
"I felt the Holy Spirit was telling me: "Job was in the OT, the church is in the NT." How does the NT/James want us to treat Job? From what perspective?
"

Sorry andrew, I'm not believing you here. They are under the promises just like we are. Read romans. Regardless of the happy ending Job had, it shows very clearly God using Sickness and allowing it to happen to a righteous man. Sorry, you can't talk you way out of it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.