Why Is It Bad If I Don't Get Vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It shouldn't be anyone else's responsibility to convince you to get vaccinated for the sake of actually slowing and eventually stopping the pandemic. It should be your responsibility to stop being a selfish fool who refuses to do your part for your fellow human beings for whatever foolish reason you can think up that isn't worth a hill of beans next to the reality of 91,000 new infections reported since yesterday, and over 1,000 new deaths. Do you want this every day? For years on end because 'Oh, who am I hurting if most other people do their part'?

If the answer is no, THEN GET THE DANG VACCINE. STOP BEING A BUNCH OF FOOLS.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll test your theory.
Natural immunity by catching the virus lasts only around 6-8 months.

Each subsequent infection is going to be worse in symptoms. Of course your incidence of blood clots, impotence, loss of nervous system functions and sterility increases with each infection...

But feel free to give me a better chance at getting vaccinated and removing yourself from the gene pool.
I won't mind...any spouse you have or might have had probably will mind...but that's not my problem.

On another note.

Many of these vaccinations are happening en masse. Meaning they pull and thaw a bunch of Vaccine out of the freezer to administer it.
At the end of every day of mass vaccinations there are a few doses left that you can possibly get for yourself even if you aren't part of the designated group. They don't want to waste them. So it's possible to get vaccinated by line jumping in an ethical fashion.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If the answer is no, THEN GET THE DANG VACCINE. STOP BEING A BUNCH OF IDIOTS.
No. Stop calling people idiots, or stop calling yourself a Christian. Pick one; I don't care which.

Reactions: Torah Keeper
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No. Stop calling people idiots, or stop calling yourself a Christian. Pick one; I don't care which.

No. I don't think I'll do either.

If you don't want the virus to continue to ravage the country and the world, you should willingly get the vaccine. If your own willful ignorance of science prevents you from seeing the link between these two things even after it is explained to you over and over and over by the researchers and doctors who worked on the vaccine, then yes, you are a fool. I am not saying this to any particular individual in this thread (so please don't take it as a personal response or post to you), but about the entire "Why should I?!" culture of people who don't want to wear masks but also want to complain about lockdowns, or who don't 'trust' the vaccines but do trust whatever anti-vax conspiracy nonsense they read via some link on Facebook or Instagram or whatever. If you are all about X but then also want to complain about the consequences of following X when everyone who is qualified to talk about the issues at hand tells you to not follow X to begin with, then yeah, you're a fool.

I don't see the point in coddling a bunch of adults in the middle of a pandemic that's getting worse and worse because a subset of people can't follow basic instructions like wearing a mask (and wearing it properly over your mouth and nose at the same time at all times when around others in public), washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, limiting private and public gatherings, and practicing social distancing. I know toddlers who are following all of the above better than many adults I see at the grocery store or the doctor's office. Get with the program, folks, or be prepared for more of the same and likely a whole lot worse, since so many traveled over Christmas against public health officials' advice and it takes up to two weeks for new infections to start showing up. Lord have mercy.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I don't think I'll do either.

If you don't want the virus to continue to ravage the country and the world, you should willingly get the vaccine. If your own willful ignorance of science prevents you from seeing the link between these two things even after it is explained to you over and over and over by the researchers and doctors who worked on the vaccine, then yes, you are an idiot. I am not saying this to any particular individual in this thread (so please don't take it as a personal response or post to you), but about the entire "Why should I?!" culture of people who don't want to wear masks but also want to complain about lockdowns, or who don't 'trust' the vaccines but do trust whatever anti-vax conspiracy nonsense they read via some link on Facebook or Instagram or whatever. If you are all about X but then also want to complain about the consequences of following X when everyone who is qualified to talk about the issues at hand tells you to not follow X to begin with, then yeah, you're an idiot.

I don't see the point in coddling a bunch of adults in the middle of a pandemic that's getting worse and worse because a subset of people can't follow basic instructions like wearing a mask (and wearing it properly over your mouth and nose at the same time at all times when around others in public), washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, limiting private and public gatherings, and practicing social distancing. I know toddlers who are following all of the above better than many adults I see at the grocery store or the doctor's office. Get with the program, folks, or be prepared for more of the same and likely a whole lot worse, since so many traveled over Christmas against public health officials' advice and it takes up to two weeks for new infections to start showing up. Lord have mercy.

Well, maybe as a Christian you should use a word approved in scripture: Call then "fools."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the view of civilization you remain a contagious vector to others. Now if you want to completely isolate until the virus or any infections disease is totally wiped out I suppose you could but I wonder if you understand what that time frame would be. There is a lot in your post that is substantiated and is speculation as well. The real question is why not be vaccinated. Irrational fear? Real fear? Do you know something as absolute fact the rest of us do not know? If there was a fire in your house would you flee? If you knew there was a famine coming would you prepare? If you knew the dam in your neighborhood was compromised would you stay put. If you knew you would be laid off from work in three months and would be out of work for exactly six months would you plan accordingly. We should be stewards of our lives and concerned for those around us. If you would take action in any other situation which you knew was fraught with peril for you, your family, your friends and those around you, why would you not. I think those are the questions to think about. I know many who don't take any vaccinations. It is their choice but that choice can affect others and one may want to consider it. Myself and Covid, been there done that and have recovered well. Not all do. My makeup is such that it was not too much of an event. Yes I was hospitalized due to some low 02 readings but I followed the direction of a friend who is a doctor on one of the local Covid units at the hospital and went to the hospital when my levels dropped below 92 but before they dropped below 90. So I had a short stay, was able to recover without needing oxygen support and recieved the same therapy almost every person receives, a few days of Remdesiver, one round of Covid antibodies in Plasma and steroids to fight any lung inflammation. So with Gods providence I had a very mild case which including a few days in the hospital and am now recovered. Not everyone has the same experience and it is simply Gods grace and perhaps His grace with my genetic makeup and relative health that brings me where I am. If I would have succumbed I would be with Him. But I took all the precautions they recommend and still found myself infected and I can trace it directly to a person. The one thing I did learn which the media and the government does not share adequately is time in any situation is more important than that mask and distancing. Time of potential exposure is the deciding point. If given proper instructions and prevention techniques from those who give such things we could have all done a better job of protecting ourselves. Masking and distancing merely extends the window of time and provides no other real protection. With a mask and distancing you may, may, have up to about 50 minutes or so of limited exposure time before you intake enough of a viral load to infect you. With neither maybe 10 minutes tops. Even I would not push the 50 minutes but out of extreme caution make that a half hour. Just saying.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one thing I did learn which the media and the government does not share adequately is time in any situation is more important than that mask and distancing. Time of potential exposure is the deciding point. If given proper instructions and prevention techniques from those who give such things we could have all done a better job of protecting ourselves. Masking and distancing merely extends the window of time and provides no other real protection. With a mask and distancing you may, may, have up to about 50 minutes or so of limited exposure time before you intake enough of a viral load to infect you. With neither maybe 10 minutes tops. Even I would not push the 50 minutes but out of extreme caution make that a half hour. Just saying.

They haven't shared that information per se, probably because to the experts it's "obvious" and the media is oblivious to it. but it's available.

But here is a very good video from a doctor who has been involved with covid-19 patients from the beginning where he details how he handles the issue practically in his own life.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bill in New York State Assembly seeks to empower health department to mandate COVID-19 vaccine

Wherever there have been mask mandates there will be vaccine mandates. This isn't surprising. Many vaccines have been mandated for a long time. My family and I don't vaccinate at all so we will not be getting the COVID vaccine. I'm always a little confused as to why this is such a problem for public health. Help me understand. Isn't it the case that:

1. A successful vaccine prevents the vaccinated person from getting sick.
2. Most people will become vaccinated.

If (1) is true, then why does my refusal to get vaccinated threaten public health? I understand that I may be more at risk of getting sick because I forgo a vaccine, but how is it that others are harmed if I am not vaccinated? Does your vaccine no longer work if I don't get vaccinated?
It's bad because you can easily get sick and die without it. The Word of God commands us to take care of our bodies as best as we can. Vaccinations are part of that.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It's bad because you can easily get sick and die without it. The Word of God commands us to take care of our bodies as best as we can. Vaccinations are part of that.
So it’s a sin to forgo a vaccination? Is it a sin to forgo the flu shot?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For most people in most cases it likely is a sin. I don't see sin as being hard and fast for a certain "thing". Is it a sin to eat ice cream? It could be, depends on the circumstances. Is it a sin to drink alcohol? It could be. Is it a sin to eat meat that was offered to idols? It could be. This is what God's Word teaches us.

In the case of vaccinations, God has blessed us with an incredible medical system which we use daily and trust daily for our health. If they provide another vaccine which they are clear about being helpful and then one of us challenges that for no reason other than politically-driven paranoia or a political agenda, thereby choosing politics over care for our body, then it is a sin. It then becomes a choice of doing your own will over God's Will that He explicitly states in His Word.

So when I see people that I know for certainty trust the medical system for everything else but then object to a vaccine and that objection just so happens to fit in with their political agenda then I can see what they're doing and it is choosing their own will over God's Will. For non-Christians that's just par for the course, but for Christians that amounts to sin.

You mention the flu shot - good example. For years, I chose not to get the flu shot because I was younger and I had no underlying health problems. This year, I am a couple years past 50 and I was diagnosed with diabetes, so for the first time I got the flu shot. I could have turned it down but my doctor strongly recommended I get it. It's a no-brainer. I got the flu shot (and a pneumonia vaccine at the same time) and then I praised the Lord that I am so lucky to have this amazing, great health care.

Christians should be ecstatic and effusively praising the Lord for this blessing of a vaccine against a far deadlier virus. He has truly blessed us with this! Why would anyone want to reject His Blessing?

And by the way, if vaccines are mandated by the government then Christians who refuse them and break the law are rebelling against the God-ordained ministers of His Justice, as Romans 13 makes clear to us. So in that case it's not only the sin of failing to care for your body but also the sin of rebelling against God's own Authority.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are looking for a black or white answer there isn't one.

It's about being prudent and reasonable.
And especially not listening to those with a vested interest in you performing or not performing an action.

Much of your zinc supplements and HCQ medications are made by two companies that a person owns a lot of stock in. (Not an american)
He has a vested interest in you using those things.
So he sets up a French Doctor to create propaganda on the world stage on YouTube.
And it happens to coincide with Trump's trying to keep the American economy strong during a crisis and Election year. Conspiracy theorist, looking for subscriptions and clicks so they can get revenue from the advertisers and schlock they sell, turn up the lies and outlandish claims to help themselves in gaining followers.

Perfect storm for chaos.

For influenza we have several medications that are easily obtained at any pharmacy and over the counter.

For the novel coronavirus we don't have much medications and they aren't easily obtained. Many hospital systems in major cities are at their breaking point. Plus even mild cases are proving to be problematic with lingering effects because it isn't as much of a respiratory disease as people believe. It is an Ace2 enzyme disease that effects your endocrine system...which effects every system in your body from nervous system to pulmonary.

Taking a vaccine will protect you. It won't be pleasant. But it can leave room for those who can't take a vaccine. And you won't suffer from re-infection every 6-8 months.

Your money given to doctors, nurses, and hospitals while not working or lining up for your free vaccination and then going to work. Up to you how you spend money and time.

And if you own a passport don't expect to use it. Other countries are not allowing people entry without vaccination proof.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For most people in most cases it likely is a sin. I don't see sin as being hard and fast for a certain "thing". Is it a sin to eat ice cream? It could be, depends on the circumstances. Is it a sin to drink alcohol? It could be. Is it a sin to eat meat that was offered to idols? It could be. This is what God's Word teaches us.

In the case of vaccinations, God has blessed us with an incredible medical system which we use daily and trust daily for our health. If they provide another vaccine which they are clear about being helpful and then one of us challenges that for no reason other than politically-driven paranoia or a political agenda, thereby choosing politics over care for our body, then it is a sin. It then becomes a choice of doing your own will over God's Will that He explicitly states in His Word.

So when I see people that I know for certainty trust the medical system for everything else but then object to a vaccine and that objection just so happens to fit in with their political agenda then I can see what they're doing and it is choosing their own will over God's Will. For non-Christians that's just par for the course, but for Christians that amounts to sin.

You mention the flu shot - good example. For years, I chose not to get the flu shot because I was younger and I had no underlying health problems. This year, I am a couple years past 50 and I was diagnosed with diabetes, so for the first time I got the flu shot. I could have turned it down but my doctor strongly recommended I get it. It's a no-brainer. I got the flu shot (and a pneumonia vaccine at the same time) and then I praised the Lord that I am so lucky to have this amazing, great health care.

Christians should be ecstatic and effusively praising the Lord for this blessing of a vaccine against a far deadlier virus. He has truly blessed us with this! Why would anyone want to reject His Blessing?

And by the way, if vaccines are mandated by the government then Christians who refuse them and break the law are rebelling against the God-ordained ministers of His Justice, as Romans 13 makes clear to us. So in that case it's not only the sin of failing to care for your body but also the sin of rebelling against God's own Authority.

A couple of friends who work in healthcare are seeing cases of influenza and Covid-19 at the same time in some patients...

It isn't pretty. It IS VERY expensive...

Sure they are likely going to survive...but I know that their finances aren't. 10% of $500,000 is still $50,000 that most people can't afford. (many Major medical policies work like that)

People are gullible for the dumbest, least beneficial behaviors.
Gambling, narcotics, and Adkins diets.
Now it's "don't take a beneficial Vaccine" .

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"I have the right to do anything," you say--but not everything is beneficial. "I have the right to do anything"--but not everything is edifying. - 1 Corinthians 6

What is the benefit? What is the edification?

Or going back to Kant's Categorical Imperative, if you are doing the righteous thing, then surely you would advise everyone to follow your lead.

What if everyone follows your lead and nobody gets vaccinated? What, then, is the benefit? What is the edification?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The fact is that people are getting sick at an alarming rate...and everyone is wearing masks.

The mask wearing is very high in many places that are seeing an outbreak. There are enough studies out there and there is the increased cases before our very eyes that prove mask wearing is not the answer. Places that haven't had mask wearing have not proven to be bigger problems than areas with mask wearing. No mask wearing doesn't really work for this virus. Look at all the healthcare workers that have contracted it. And they wear masks.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at all the healthcare workers that have contracted it. And they wear masks.

That's a ridiculous statement.

It's more significant to look at all the healthcare workers who have not contracted it. Without masks, there would be millions of healthcare workers who would have contracted it, hundreds of thousands who would have died.

When a nurse is working all day long in a covid-19 ward or room, where the most effective ventilators are pulling infected air from deep out of patients' lungs and spewing it into the room, where all the surfaces are laden with covid-19 virus, when working face-to-face all day long with patients coughing the virus, the wonder is that any of them has been able to maintain strict enough sanitary regime not to have caught the disease by now.

• Winner
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.