• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Why is it a sin to be in an interracial relationship?

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lexmhll, May 26, 2018.

1. Phoebe Ann

Phoebe Ann From Mormonism to Christ Supporter

+8,128
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Not all of any race are loved.

2. Thedictator

Thedictator Retired Coach, Now Missionary to the World

+505
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Sin is only a sin if God says it is, There are people who think that having sex with your wife is also a sin, their wrong, it does not matter what they think. What matter is what God thinks.

3. Phoebe Ann

+8,128
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    AMEN!

4. Afra

Afra Well-Known Member Supporter

+213
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    There are likely things that you believe are sinful, which other Christians do not believe are sinful. Applying the same logic, should those Christians conclude that you are deceived by Satan?

5. PaulCyp1

PaulCyp1 Well-Known Member Supporter

+517
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    It certainly is not. God knows only one race - the human race. That includes black humans, who were the ones He originally created, and the various lighter-skinned races which gradually evolved as humans spread out across the Earth from Central Africa where they were first created.

6. Phoebe Ann

+8,128
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    Not all blacks approve of light-skinned blacks.

7. Afra

+213
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Is masturbation a sin?

8. Afra

+213
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Yes, and not all purples approve of light-skinned purples.

9. Phoebe Ann

+8,128
    United States
    Protestant
    Widowed
    I'm not here to please racists. A lot of people have prejudices; you might say I hate racism, I hate child abuse, I hate murder, etc.

10. LovebirdsFlying

LovebirdsFlying My husband drew this cartoon of me. Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,107
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I need to clarify something I said earlier. When I talked about "keeping the line of Christ pure," I didn't mean genetically. We are all humans, just as Clydesdales, Arabians, Thoroughbreds, and Appaloosas are all horses. I meant spiritually, so the line of Christ wouldn't follow after false gods. Thanks for mentioning that, @dreadnought .

Rahab and Ruth came in from outside, both appearing in the ancestry of Christ, and they were welcome because they accepted the God of the Jews. It's about who they worship, not what race they are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,434
    Christian
    Single
    King Solomon was supposed to have foreign wives including from Egypt, Moab (Jordan) and Turkey/Syria (Hittites); 1 Kings 11:1-10.

Some shunned people of other races, others welcomed them. Which of these are Christian?

12. Afra

+213
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    It is good to hate those things, but I do not think that we must conclude that people are deceived by Satan if they conclude something differently than us.

13. dreadnought

dreadnought Lip service isn't really service. Supporter

+3,396
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    True, a dictator can torture his people, but the Lord can still make his people happy. Does that excuse the dictator?

14. Afra

+213
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Well yes, from a biological standpoint the concept of different "races" appears to be nonsense. Races do not exist except as constructs in our own minds. I think you can rule out sin based on that alone.

15. Afra

+213
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    No, and that is why we should punish people who engage in the sin of racism, just as we should punish a dictator who tortures his people.

What exactly was the point you wanted to make?

16. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+958
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    what happens is that good people defend the children from those who hate and work to educate and enlighten them This is a duty no matter what the children's skin color or potential handicap or orientation or religion.

17. Anguspure

Anguspure Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ Supporter

+1,350
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Separated
    I have.
    A South African couple I once new held this view based on some interpretation of stuff surrounding the sons of Noah.
    My maternal Grandmother (Scottish) did not regard it as a sin as such but counselled against it saying that marriage is difficult enough without the added difficulties presented when different cultures marry.

18. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+20,923
    Anglican
    Married
    It is possible, then, that Radagast has not heard from that couple in South Africa. His point seems pretty solid under the circumstances.

19. Man on Fire

Man on Fire Active Member

+120
    Christian
    Single
    There are Spiritual Laws. God judges sin in particular ways.

When a young woman is getting married, her dad walks her down the isle and hands her off to her husband. She was under her dad's authority as her dad. She is handed off to her husband. "Ready Set Don't Go" is song sung by Billy Ray Cyrus about his 18 year old daughter supposedly. She wanted to leave. She did not have his blessing. She left. She is now a rebellious female? She is in rebellion against her dad? God is a Father. His love is Fatherly.

Given it was 1970, and someone tried to "interracial marry" did they have her dad's permission. Legally, in terms of God's law, if a man has the girl's daughters permission it is not wrong. Some states had laws against interracial marriage. Christians are instructed to do Good and be law abiding. Is the law wrong? There are ways to change laws in the US. Being in rebellion against the law, and lawful authority may be wrong and a sin.

I would point out that Moses married a Kushite woman.

20. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+3,262
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I believe this is the Alt-right extending their ideologies to the issue of immigration and refugees to Europe. This is their principal argument: "Asia for the Asians Africa for the Africans White countries for everyone!"