Why is it a sin to be in an interracial relationship?

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I faced this issue when I had a "thing" for a black girl in a church I joined in the USAF.
There is nothing Biblically correct that is against this, meaning taking the Scriptures as they are "properly" taught. It may not be the wisest thing in some parts of the USA and certain other countries. "Good, better, best; let's never rest, until our good is better and our better is best; and that's for the Lord." Marriage is hard enough, let alone adding the issue of family (and other) prejudices to it. But if a couple understands the issues going in, and wants to get married, I see no prohibition in Scripture against it.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My daughter-in-law in Brazil, and her husband (Brazilian) are an inter-racial couple. They are very happy. And I believe that God is blessing their marriage.

I must say, from personal expetience, that Brazil handles the issue of race differences much better than the USA. In Brazil, people do truly accept all these differences very well. Sadly, there are still very strong biases and prejudices in America, though people keep them 'under the table'. But they exist.

There is no justification for racial prejudice and hatred, based on the teachings of the Bible. Those prople who harbor these feelings in their hearts - are far from the heart of God.

Blessings!!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Aside from the family because I don't think his family is a problem. But as a Christian, I would like to know.
Yahweh's Word tells followers of Jesus who are Ekklesia what to do about what you ask. 12 People here will have 14 different answers ! (maybe) ....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Untrue. The anti-Miscegenation position was and remains biblically based. You may not like or agree with the biblical interpretations that were so commonly used but there are people who don't like or agree with the biblical interpretations used against SSM.
Yahweh is against what Yahweh says Yahweh is against, simply.

ALL The people who are against His Word are His enemy.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Just something I’ve been wondering, I’ve heard it many times it’s a sin to be in one, but have never really heard any reason or purpose why.

Its not, but im guessing you're more asking about why people have considered it to be a sin.

1.Throughout history, in alot of the more developed countries, the whiter or fair skin you are, the most up in social class and wealth you are. So people wouldn't like being associate with it, and in turn would turn a blind eye or abused that privilege to shun those with darker.

2. Built-in prejudice passed down to generation, that darker skin also entail a certain behavior that is considered not civil, more barbaric. Of course ignorance, but it also instills a group-think fear to be associated with uncivil people.

3.Pride; should be really be number 1, but when it boils down to it, people pride theirselves. And in their offspring. Its incredible the great lengths people would do to keep that intact, including putting in place policies to make such unions something you wouldn't dare to dream all the way to perverting the Word to validate their evil deeds as God-inspired. Mind you in some cases, those in power were the driving force of ideas, pastors, politicians, psychologists, and teachers, and if they said not to marry that black person to save your soul, your mind, and livelihood, you don't marry them.

This is not a new thing, where Miriam was punished for having such racist mentality over Moses' marriage with a Hittite in Numbers 12. I love that chapter.

Reactions: lexmhll
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well... Miriam and Aaron thought so...

1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
2 And they said, Hath the Lord indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard it.
3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.) - Numbers 12

And this was the Lords reply...

5 And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
9 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them; and he departed.
10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. - Numbers 12

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm brown? Part of my rainbow of colors is brown (the rainbow of colors that makes the full color)
Everyone's skin tone is a shade of brown... from the "whitest" Scandinavian to the "blackest" African

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

☦Marius☦

Murican
Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
note: "Marriage" (Godly) , not "relationship" (sinful)
"Moses' wife was of another race and in Numbers 12:1-15 Aaron and Miriam were punished for criticizing this interracial marriage. The book of Ruth tells a delightful story of a foreigner who became part of the lineage of Christ. The harlot, Rahab, also of another nation, is included in the lineage of Christ as recorded in Matthew 1. Colossians 3:11 makes it clear that from God's perspective all are one in Christ.
Christian Interracial Marriage"

What does the Bible say about interracial marriage? | Bibleinfo.com

Some of us like to know our bride before marrying her.. therefore a relationship/engagement/courtship.

The word relationship does not inherantly imply anything sexual.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What color are average white people a mix of?
Why ask this when I already gave my answer... do you see people as red and yellow, black and white as was foisted upon peoples in a more ignorant era?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well... Miriam and Aaron thought so...

1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
2 And they said, Hath the Lord indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard it.
3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.) - Numbers 12

And this was the Lords reply...

5 And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
9 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them; and he departed.
10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. - Numbers 12

And in all likelihood the couple Moses and Zipporah looked like this....

1650-jacob-jordaens-moses-and-his-ethiopian-wife-2.jpg

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps
(as through a prism?) white is all the colors together - and other colors occur or appear as some of them are removed.
I am Danish by birth and look at my avatar... do I look the same color as a piece of paper??

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am Danish by birth and look at my avatar... do I look the same color as a piece of paper??
Seems to me (and you too) that depends on the color of the piece of paper ?

Upvote 0