Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God in His holiness and righteousness is so hard to please that only Jesus can do it.

God is Trinity, a divine community or being. Holiness is the life of the Trinity, their mutual delight, creativity, love, abundance. And that community purposed before the world began that They would have people, created in their own image welcomed into their family as adopted children. We are to welcome their warmth towards us, not be based in fear. That is what Jesus obtained for us - the way for that to really happen.

Paul talks about being 'rooted and grounded in love'. The very ground from which we all grow and develop is to be love. And John tells us that perfect love (ie God's love) casts out fear.

We are to enjoy God and the security of His hold on us, not live under constant apprehension.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I find even some long serving Christians are constantly fighting this & saying this in private.
I have self-control problems with caffeine. It's socially acceptable, so nobody makes snide remarks about it. I happen to entertain safe vices, but the compulsiveness is still there.

A lot of devoted Christians have weaknesses and don't talk about them, but I don't think it's so much a two-faced issue, as just not an edifying thing to talk about. There are so many more important things to cover. Once you open your life up for discussion, the vultures circle and land.

Let God work on you gradually, and guard your life enough that others are moving faster on correcting it than you can keep up with.

(Excuse me while I get up for more coffee. XD )

Upvote 0

alatir

Aug 1, 2007
✟15,712.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
God is Trinity, a divine community or being. Holiness is the life of the Trinity, their mutual delight, creativity, love, abundance. And that community purposed before the world began that They would have people, created in their own image welcomed into their family as adopted children. We are to welcome their warmth towards us, not be based in fear. That is what Jesus obtained for us - the way for that to really happen.

Paul talks about being 'rooted and grounded in love'. The very ground from which we all grow and develop is to be love. And John tells us that perfect love (ie God's love) casts out fear.

We are to enjoy God and the security of His hold on us, not live under constant apprehension.

John
NZ

I agree, but we can only stand in the loving presence of Holy One of Israel through the righteousness of Christ. We should not be afraid God's judgement because Christ has taken our judgement on Him. We should fear God's holiness, glory, majesty and even beauty. This is what the seraphim do (Isaiah 6), eventhough they have never sinned, and yet they worship the Lord in awe. The Scriptures constanly exhort us to fear the Lord, even the New Testament. God is loving us by being holy and letting us to taste that holiness in Christ.

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

My Father is the Gardener
Nov 21, 2009
A stranger & a pilgrim sojourning near Cambridge
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'My greatest enemy has became my friend' in leading me closer to Christ.

My tormentor was really only the blacksmiths hammer man whom the blacksmith (The Lord) directed where to strike the iron,the blacksmith holds the iron (me) in His tongs and turns it just before the hammer man strikes.
I can never be struck in the wrong place even if i feel it to be wrong at the time.
In the blacksmiths workshop He has His helper(Satan) this helper takes great relish and enjoyment in every blow he gives,little knowing that the blacksmith has out thought him and is content in knowing that the iron though 'now 'dipped in and out of the fire between every blow will eventually come out of it the stronger.

That piece of iron (me) has a design pattern blueprint already written for it that will come to fruition, because the designer architect builder has only one purpose in mind,and that is in bringing me more into His very image & likeness.

It may take only a few years for this process to accomplish part of its purpose,it may take many years of hard knocks & trials and in some cases even severe failure on our part, where we may fall as low as it is possible to fall,but the blacksmith has to let this all happen for us as there was no other way we would come to the place of recognition of Him as our all in all without it.

It was a route i never would have chosen for myself you may think and certainly one i didn't recognise at the time it was happening that He was in it,but,as He said through Job and now to us
He knoweth the way that i take and when He hath tried me i shall come forth as gold.

Because He hath set His love upon me.

My Beloved is mine and i am His and His banner over me is love.

Now as in a glass darkly i see a little,but then face to face shall i be known even as i am known.

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my walk as a servant of the Lord & in helping others of His flock i come across these admissions many times from other Christians concerning their faith.

1/ Not sure i'll be able to run the course,I'm to weak a Christian
2/ The temptations are to great for me
3/ Don't know if i can stay a virgin until I'm married my faith in God is so weak, maybe I'll die without getting married at all ,unless I marry a non Christian
4/ It works for others this faith thing(a personal relationship) but not that well for me
5/ Many days I don't feel like Christ is with me,I pray and get nothing back
(thats the most common one)
6/I think I'v committed the unforgivable sin,so not sure I want to carry on trying encase I have
7/ I take one step forward and two back all the time,not sure I'm saved at all sometimes
8/ I doubt so much about God even His existence sometimes,I can't be a Christian can I?(also a common one)
9/ I pray so hard and it doesn't happen

Just a few illustrations of what I'm trying to get some answers to

CHRISTIANS often bite off more than they can chew. They feel like they have to have a answer for every occasion in order to lead others to CHRIST.

JESUS said:

GO FORTH UNTO THE ENTIRE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL

This does not mean we have to have a answer for every statement made. You need to have faith that GOD will be there to GUIDE them when their heart it ready.

In preaching the GOSPEL you become a planter. Most of the time the planter never sees the harvest. Life will guide them to make a decision. Either they accept or reject when they are ready. When they are ready to make this decision they need to have as much knowledge of the GOSPEL as they will accept from us.

So just keep up walking up the path to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD and leave those worries behind.

To really be prepared You need GOD'S WORD working in your life. Read and reread the NEW TESTIMENT until the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then IT'S locked in your heart to draw from the rest of your life. You will never be sorry you did.

This is GOD'S ROADMAP given to us all so that we are able to walk up that path to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD

steven

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

Nov 21, 2009
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
CHRISTIANS often bite off more than they can chew. They feel like they have to have a answer for every occasion in order to lead others to CHRIST.

JESUS said:

GO FORTH UNTO THE ENTIRE WORLD AND PREACH THE GOSPEL

This does not mean we have to have a answer for every statement made. You need to have faith that GOD will be there to GUIDE them when their heart it ready.

In preaching the GOSPEL you become a planter. Most of the time the planter never sees the harvest. Life will guide them to make a decision. Either they accept or reject when they are ready. When they are ready to make this decision they need to have as much knowledge of the GOSPEL as they will accept from us.

So just keep up walking up the path to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD and leave those worries behind.

To really be prepared You need GOD'S WORD working in your life. Read and reread the NEW TESTIMENT until the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then IT'S locked in your heart to draw from the rest of your life. You will never be sorry you did.

This is GOD'S ROADMAP given to us all so that we are able to walk up that path to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD

steven

Steven excellent post,very good points

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Holiness is the life of mutual delight shared within the Trinity. It is far more to holiness than the one dimensional of morality. It will include creativity, laughter, beauty, wonder, wisdom, the deepest of love, intimacy beyond our experience and comprehension. That must evoke far more than fear for us.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DarkCougar555

Nov 22, 2008
Oregon
✟7,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is Faith so hard?
To me, no, I don't think it is hard. Only it is hard if you feel lost and hopeless. If you feel that way, always pray! =)

Faith helps me a lot, and if it is not for it, it would not where I am now. It's better to faith in God. =)

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

Nov 21, 2009
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Motor boats and Yachts

Motor boat Christians rely upon their motor to get going and in being very busy.
It doesn’t matter if the wind of the Spirit is blowing or not, or weather they seek His will & ways in their every action, as to them being becalmed is never a problems when they have an onboard motor to stop and start at their will.
Where as the Yacht captain can feel he has severe problems if there is no wind and is stalled in one place with little movement. Many a time the captain gets the niggling thought of ’if only I had an engine onboard to move me on in the Lords service’ but deep down he realizes he is at the mercy of the wind and resigns himself to that fact knowing the owner of the Yacht made him captain within the capabilities of his vessel.

The Yacht captain is thus made to be in constant touch via radio to central command reporting in often with his present stalled condition and awaiting instructions.
This captain cannot move out on his own from self interest or seek for ways to promote his voyage beyond the owners expectations, but is made totally reliant upon the breeze which originates from above unlike the actions of the many others around him. They often speed past him in their lords service polluting the atmosphere with their exhaust fumes, achieving little lasting fruit in their wake.

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

Nov 21, 2009
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is Faith so hard?

'Because i want/need to be in Control'

Our whole western society upbringing conditions us from birth that faith is stupid and for the ignorant and uneducated.
Its not Cool to hang on to such outdated beliefs,mankind has now moved on into the 21c of doing 'what makes You feel good as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else'

Until that is conveniently forgotten when an unwanted baby shows up with a missed period,then the hurting of anyone else is not applicable to a fetus as its the woman's right to do with 'Her body as she pleases'

Our society teaches us that Self is what counts, faith is outdated and unneeded.
Any wonder so many young Christians struggle with the whole concept of Trusting Believing Continuing 'Faith' In a God they cannot see or feel.

How we need to teach/encourage others in the ways of Gods Word, to read it, devour it, more than any other earthly pursuit, knowing that Gods Word is God breathed with life, to those who drink it in,as it supernaturally/mysteriously builds up the spirit and gives faith to the soul.
Let nothing stand in Your way to Eternal Life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
To me it's being 100% faithful 100% of the time which is the challenge .

Embracing faith is relatively easy - read / hear God's Word and recognize at least a measure of it's truthfulness , and voila - faith is present with you .

Faith , is the assurance which comes from understanding + agreeing with God's Revealed Will , which reflects His Holy Nature & Divine Character .

If we understand that God is pleased by cheerful giving , and then yield ourselves to that principle when an opportunity to do so arises , we are thereby applying / exercising the faith given us from understanding something about God , and God is then faithful to confirm our understanding if it is indeed in line with His Word / Christ's Faith , and His Confirmation , when it agrees , with what we've understood and applied , does cause our faith to grow stronger .

Or in other words , at first we try what we believe to be true / right according to God's Word / Will ; but at this point it's mostly just a concept - yet , if we are really onto something which God approves of , and we act accordingly , God's confirms it is thus , within the realm of experience ... then when our concept is confirmed by experiencing God's confirmation - then those two ( concept + experience ) witness together as one , verifying each other in a way which solidifies the validity of our belief .

One main reason why faith seems hard , is wrongly believing that through having accepted the concept , we have fully answered the call to believe . And thereby neglect to patiently / persistently apply in practical / daily terms the understanding of God's Word / Will ... which leaves us without the experiential confirmation . And so the tiny seed of faith given us is not watered , and consequently cannot grow .

But when we consistently apply the gift of faith born of understanding God's Will , it , as the tiny mustard seed does grow and grow , until it becomes the size of a tree , firmly rooted , strong and supportive .

Another key is start small - for before honor is humility .

May The Lord Be Pleased to Bless & Confirm !

wm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ezeric

HE loves me too.
Mar 2, 2010
Canada but really in JESUS! (in HIS Covenant)
Visit site
✟12,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually true faith is simple (not hard)
And I really liked what JohnNZ had to say - right on!

Faith is only hard, actually impossible, when you try to base it on your own performance (something you have done, or must do).

You see FAITH is described in scripture as both a 'gift' and a 'fruit'.
But these are 'gifts' and 'fruits' of a person because FAITH is really JESUS.

Not only the author and perfecter (Heb 12:2) but FAITH HIMSELF.
(that is why it is nothing to do with you, and the more you 'try' the less you get!)

Here's the scripture
But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

When did faith come? When was it afterwards revealed? Its sounds like a person to me.

FAITH is simply trusting HIS LOVE.

Is it hard for you to trust your mother? or spouse?
Why?

Because you know they love you! You don't try to 'hype up' your faith to somehow 'believe' your mother loves you -do you? Of course not, because you've seen her love you and tell you so, and do 1 million things for you, you naturally believe what she says and know what she will do.

So, how do you use great faith.

Clue...

It works out of love.
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6

When you learn that HE has placed you in JESUS and bound HIMSELF to you and that all the promises are based on what JESUS has done and so fulfilled by HIM in you/for you.

You rest in that love and that resting in HIM (cause HE is love) results in great faith.

Rest is the pinnacle of great faith.

Great FAITH rests in GREAT LOVE

-eric

Upvote 0

Ariellamb

Nov 21, 2009
✟20,581.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Doubts can 'steal' your first Love or Faith so that you are not on fire as before.
Any deviation from our First love in my experience is based on lack of faith.
You don't stop believing you just don't peddle so fast as before.
When you analyze this it comes from one source.
Lack of Faith.

An example: Why do you save for your retirement?
You do not Trust like the birds that God will provide,so you doubt/break the law of Jesus in taking thought about the morrow.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. <-----> Matthew 21:21

Faith and doubt cancel each other out - which is why our faith needs to be acted on + confirmed to cast out all doubt regarding what we believe .

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
<-----> James 1:5-8

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Thou believes that there is one God; thou does well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
See thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
<-----> James 2:14-26

Being a believer entails acting according to Christ's leading and experiencing The Power of His Faith .

Believing you're a believer only requires a loose knit , inactive , non-empowering concept of who Jesus is / what faith is about .

And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceives the people.....
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
<-----> John 7:12 , 16+17

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
<-----> Matthew 7:21-27

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
For he beholds himself, and goes his way, and straightway forgets what manner of man he was.
But whoso looks into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
<-----> James 1:22-25

Now we know that God hears not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and does his will, him he hears. <-----> John 9:31

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
<-----> John 14:23+24

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
<-----> Revelation 3:1-3

The works a man performs on his own ( to assert his own righteousness / holiness ) are contrary to Christ's faith - But the works done in / through submission to The Leading of Jesus' Spirit are the very manifestation thereof !

May The Lord Be Pleased !

wm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Doubts can 'steal' your first Love or Faith so that you are not on fire as before.
Any deviation from our First love in my experience is based on lack of faith.
You don't stop believing you just don't peddle so fast as before.
When you analyze this it comes from one source.
Lack of Faith.
An example: Why do you save for your retirement?

You do not Trust like the birds that God will provide,
so you doubt/break the law of Jesus in taking thought about the morrow.
Asking different questions would help you:

There's definitive-differences, between God's 'animal' & 'human' as creations... you may have noticed ;)

One of the more telling is that to us humans, God gave a greater variety of choices...
including we need not retire. - We can, in fact, continue working, especially
when we reframe & work as Praising :clap: pleasure. Question is: do you :) know? how... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0