Minnesota
✟7,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So I have heard said that doubt and unbelief are Faith biggest enemies, and while I see these as great enemies to faith, in comparison to its greatest they are child‘s play. For Faith greatest enemy feds doubt and unbelief, and makes cowards out of all. Hebrews 11 is call the Hall of Faith because great people of God who had a strong relationship with God knowing solitude but not LONELINESS, did great things. Loneliness is the greatest enemy of faith, this is why God commands us to fellowship, Hebrews 10:25. But as I struggle to get to church having another sleepless morning thinking even if I make it, as a visitor and most places of worship having strong cliques, can or will I find this fellowship I so need?

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I have heard said that doubt and unbelief are Faith biggest enemies, and while I see these as great enemies to faith, in comparison to its greatest they are child‘s play. For Faith greatest enemy feds doubt and unbelief, and makes cowards out of all. Hebrews 11 is call the Hall of Faith because great people of God who had a strong relationship with God knowing solitude but not LONELINESS, did great things. Loneliness is the greatest enemy of faith, this is why God commands us to fellowship, Hebrews 10:25. But as I struggle to get to church having another sleepless morning thinking even if I make it, as a visitor and most places of worship having strong cliques, can or will I find this fellowship I so need?
Loneliness is only a part of the picture. We should be practicing all the spiritual disciplines, including fellowship, worship, prayer, and Bible study (with memorization). In my personal experience, the greatest enemy of faith is ignorance - lack of Biblical knowledge. But one must have a balance in their life of all disciplines.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We should be practicing all the spiritual disciplines, including fellowship, worship, prayer, and Bible study (with memorization). In my personal experience, the greatest enemy of faith is ignorance - lack of Biblical knowledge. But one must have a balance in their life of all disciplines.
If you restrict yourself to being a follower

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I encourage you to not let loneliness and isolation cause you to assume that you are incapable of great faith. Look at David's example, for instance:

Psalm 25:14-22 NIV

"14 The Lord confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.
15 My eyes are ever on the Lord,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.
16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
17 Relieve the troubles of my heart
and free me from my anguish.
18 Look on my affliction and my distress
and take away all my sins.
19 See how numerous are my enemies
and how fiercely they hate me!
20 Guard my life and rescue me;
do not let me be put to shame,
for I take refuge in you.
21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope, Lord, is in you.
22 Deliver Israel, O God,
from all their troubles!"

God used his periods of loneliness and affliction to mold him into a "man after God's own heart." Why can't He do the same for you and me? Well He can, and does. Nothing thwarts His purposes.

God bless!

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"faith working through love" > in Galatians 5:6.

Self-centeredness of faith can hurt us from finding out how to love.

Doubt can be because of being mainly concerned with what is possible with us, and being mainly worried about things coming our way. And there certainly is doubt that God will hear requests for what is mainly about our own selves >

"God resists the proud" > in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5.

And loneliness can be because we are mainly concerned about ourselves, when we could be busy loving by praying for any and all others . . . like God's word says to do > 1 Timothy 2:1-4.

So . . . in case a church has cliques of the ones who do not know how to love, you can be praying for them while you keep offering, yourself. Such ones are not there to help you find out how to love; so don't let them decide how you are and see things.

Jesus is our example, plus Jesus does have real exemplary people in churches. But these can be quiet and humble, which can seem boring.

Jesus expects you to be a good example wherever you are; and as we obey Jesus, this can help to connect us with others so we can encourage one another.

And here is how Paul handled the ones not loving >

"And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved." (2 Corinthians 12:15)

Also, we can misunderstand people. There are Christians who don't want to push visitors, but let guests find their way around without being pressured. These ones could be observing you and praying for you. You might stop for a moment and see if someone has an eye on you and introduce yourself.

Upvote 0