Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
realy? so where is the limit that we can push back the first tetrapod?. give me a number.

You don't know?
Why are you presenting yourself as some kind of expert on evolution, if you don't even realise why it would be a problem for evolution to find a tetrapod in pre-devonian rock?

Here's a hint: if you find mammals before amphibians show up, evolution is in trouble.
If you find amphibians that show up before mammals, then evolution is standing tall.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
no. you clearly said that you agree that if we will find 12354 instead of 12345 you will admit that evolution is false. so we do find such a case. why you ingore it?

At least 5 people have explained to you why your tetrapod track example, is NOT such a case.
Why do you keep ignoring this?

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
You don't know?
Why are you presenting yourself as some kind of expert on evolution, if you don't even realise why it would be a problem for evolution to find a tetrapod in pre-devonian rock?

Here's a hint: if you find mammals before amphibians show up, evolution is in trouble.
If you find amphibians that show up before mammals, then evolution is standing tall.
why you didnt answer the question? where is the limit that we can push back the first tetrapod? give me a number. what about 450my tetrapod fossil?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
if so your claim that series of fossils like 12345 is evidence against evolution is incorrect.

Only if one is so vague about what "12345" represents that one can change what they represent in the blink of an eye, to make anything support anything. Like you do.

I asked you at least 7 times to properly define what the numbers represent. The best I got out of you was "fossils". And I do mean ONLY that word.

It's too ridiculous to even pay any attention to.

since in any such case we can give an explanation.
We'll only know that, once you become honest enough to define your terms before using them.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
why you didnt answer the question? where is the limit that we can push back the first tetrapod? give me a number. what about 450my tetrapod fossil?

I already told you.
It's not my fault that you are too dense to comprehend the posts you claim to be reading.

I say "claim", because I'm not convinced that you actually read the posts you are replying too. For obvious reasons.

Also, YOU, of all people, don't get to demand me to answer your questions. Or is this a "do as I say and not as I do" kind of thing?

I asked you 7 times to properly define what the numbers represent in your silly "12345" challenge. I'm still waiting for a proper answer that isn't so vague that it could mean anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
if so your claim that series of fossils like 12345 is evidence against evolution is incorrect. since in any such case we can give an explanation.

No, its you who dont understand. The fossils support evolution, there has never been one that dis-proves the theory.

Just because the ToE theoreticly could be disproven by out of place fossils doesnt mean that it has or that there are such fossils!

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
No, its you who dont understand. The fossils support evolution, there has never been one that dis-proves the theory.

of course. since any fossil according to evolution is ok with the theory. this is why its isnt scientific.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Only if one is so vague about what "12345" represents that one can change what they represent in the blink of an eye, to make anything support anything. Like you do.

I asked you at least 7 times to properly define what the numbers represent. The best I got out of you was "fossils". And I do mean ONLY that word.

It's too ridiculous to even pay any attention to.

We'll only know that, once you become honest enough to define your terms before using them.

its simple: if numbers represent fossils then the right order should look like this: 12345. but out of order fossil should look like 12354. so now fossil number 5 predate its ancestor (or something close to). this is why my tetrapod example is out of place.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
its simple: if numbers represent fossils then the right order should look like this: 12345. but out of order fossil should look like 12354. so now fossil number 5 predate its ancestor (or something close to). this is why my tetrapod example is out of place.
Have you not figured out why ToE is scientific, yet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
its simple: if numbers represent fossils then the right order should look like this: 12345. but out of order fossil should look like 12354

You are still being as vague as ever.
What kind of fossils? You need to be specific here........
Otherwise it's meaningless.

so now fossil number 5 predate its ancestor (or something close to). this is why my tetrapod example is out of place.

Really? So what does your tetrapod example predate that it shouldn't predate?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
if so your claim that series of fossils like 12345 is evidence against evolution is incorrect. since in any such case we can give an explanation.

Of course, there are many conceivable situations that would NOT be explainable. A bird in precambrian rocks. A fossil bear in the Triassic. There are many things which evolution says are completely impossible. So don't pretend that we are saying that evolution can explain everything, because it can't. There are many things which evolution could never explain, and funnily enough, we never actually find those things in reality. Which is exactly what we'd expect if evolution was the correct explanation.

• Agree
Reactions: Brother Billy
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

No, not in any such case. A fossil of a mammal in the precambrian would have no explanation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
all the allegedly "missing links" between fishes and tetrapods.
So basically, new tetrapod evidence predates the oldest tetrapod evidence we had previously, but doesn't predate its own ancestors, being fish.

This is why it isn't a problem.
Tetrapods are expected to show up in devonian rock.
The tetrapod tracks are found in devonian rock.

There is no problem.

Got any tetrapods that predate fish? No? Didn't think so.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.