Why every Christian should have a literal view of scripture.

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you read the book of Revekation recently?
I always like to ask people, "Did the rooster crow once, or twice?" My point is that the message was not about roosters. It was about timing. It wasn't even morning yet and he'd already denied Jesus, repetitively and adamantly. And the point is made, no matter how many times the rooster crowed.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always like to ask people, "Did the rooster crow once, or twice?" My point is that the message was not about roosters. It was about timing. It wasn't even morning yet and he'd already denied Jesus, repetitively and adamantly. And the point is made, no matter how many times the rooster crowed.
“They'll crow to greet the day, to lead their flocks to forage, to cue a boundary, and to alert about predators. We're not clear how roosters got to be synonymous with the break of day and a symbol of the morning sun; however, they do usually START crowing just before sunrise”

Spiritual meaning in everything.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus said that he clearly said it metaphorically. It was blantantly clear to the apostles that it was a metaphor but when something is a direct command from God it should be taken literally. I'm talking about when it's something that either a prophet, someone sent from God or God himself says and its BLANTANTLY clear that its a commandment or statement from God and therefore should be taken ljterally.
What's blatantly clear about that being a metaphor? That absolutely sounds like a clear command.

Upvote 0