Why do some people think Hell isn't real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1LGR1M

Stranger
Jun 20, 2012
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the idea is that you turn to Love, so you have to stop sinning first, so you have to disbelieve Satan's lies that you cannot...

This is one of Satan's greatest lies.

That one has fallen for it and then proceeds to go out and seek to teach it himself shows an incredible lack of understanding.

Consider:

Romans 5

King James Version (KJV)

5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The love of God, contrary to the teaching offered, is a result of the Holy Spirit which is given, not worked for. And what was our state when we received the Spirit of God?

We were...

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

...without strength. We had no pwer, we could not show the love of God, any more than a chair can show the pain of an injured man.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Christ died for us...when we were still sinners.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

We were justified...by His blood. Not because we stopped sinning.

Not because we tried to show a love we did not have, because we did not at that time have Him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

We were enemies.

It is good for us to examine ourselves, to see if we be in the faith...or not. And that we are not still...enemies of the Cross.

It is the blood of Christ, His death, that makes reconciliation possible.

Continued...

Upvote 0

P1LGR1M

Stranger
Jun 20, 2012
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that is his trap and it works on almost everyone -Rev 13:3-4 ...

How many times can this passage be addressed before one is able to place it in a proper context?

only the ONE way out this side of death, grace by CEASING sin ...

Well, if one did not have a view that all translations are the work of sinners, or, if one bothered to look at the original languages because they do not trust translations, one might see that there is only ONE WAY and ONE NAME given among men whereby we must be saved, and that name is Jesus Christ...not our own.

Christ died to free us from sin...because we did not have the power to do so ourselves.

This is just basic.

That we can cease from sin apart from the snctification of God is demon doctrine.

grace really is NOT a licence to continue sinning, it only covers past sins when one stops,

Perhaps in a patchwork works-based quilt of theology generated by demons, but the word of God teaches that the AUTHOR and FINISHER of our faith saves completely.

This is why there is no more sacrifice to which one can appeal for forgiveness of sin.

And that includes works which we have done, or will do.

Hebrews 10:10-14

King James Version (KJV)

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Those who feel they can contribute to the work of the Cross have fallen prey to one of Satan's favorite devices...religion.

Continued...

Upvote 0

P1LGR1M

Stranger
Jun 20, 2012
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and if one goes back to sinning after that then the only way God can help is death [Rom 6:7] as for most folks....

forget not then that FEW find the way now and the many are destroyed[ Matt 7:13-14],

It is always easy to recognize when scripture is added to, or taken away from, or just simply ignored.

Twice already the addition of "Many are saved NOW" to Matthew 7:13-14 has been addressed. Once, it almost seemed that a conscience rose up...but for just a brief moment, and then it was back to the same thing...repeating over and over something that has been shown several times to be an addition to scripture.

For some, simply repeating a falsity over and over makes it true, but thankfully, the word of God is a resource which on any given topic we can keep bringing out truth. And that is what we are to do, bring out what is there, rather than inserting that which we want to believe.

Okay, folks, I have to get going, regretfully, but again, I ask that that others come forward to address the issues brought up in these few responses. It makes no matter which poster you want to contend with, me, or the poster.

Several clearly questionable issues have been raised, so I encourage anyone that wishes to participate...to do so.

God bless.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is always easy to recognize when scripture is added to, or taken away from, or just simply ignored.

Twice already the addition of "Many are saved NOW" to Matthew 7:13-14 has been addressed. Once, it almost seemed that a conscience rose up...but for just a brief moment, and then it was back to the same thing...repeating over and over something that has been shown several times to be an addition to scripture.

For some, simply repeating a falsity over and over makes it true, but thankfully, the word of God is a resource which on any given topic we can keep bringing out truth. And that is what we are to do, bring out what is there, rather than inserting that which we want to believe.

Okay, folks, I have to get going, regretfully, but again, I ask that that others come forward to address the issues brought up in these few responses. It makes no matter which poster you want to contend with, me, or the poster.

Several clearly questionable issues have been raised, so I encourage anyone that wishes to participate...to do so.

God bless.
I truly wonder if those who preach Universal salvation is sent from Satan.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Put your hand over your stove top burner. Get back with us.

Knowledge is a great thing. Fire is produced at molecular levels. Atoms in movement at a higher rate of speed. Spirit is not made up of atoms. The soul is spiritual, as well is our spirit. It feels the torment. Where is the fire?

Paul said when he was a child he thought as a child. You still do.

Without knowledge you will continue believing in Dante's Inferno. The punishment exists, no doubt. But you babble parables and visions men taught you, not what God gave us. No wonder people dislike religion because they can't understand how a loving God could relate to burning people for eternity. Teachers of iniquity.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Knowledge is a great thing. Fire is produced at molecular levels. Atoms in movement at a higher rate of speed. Spirit is not made up of atoms. The soul is spiritual, as well is our spirit. It feels the torment. Where is the fire?

Paul said when he was a child he thought as a child. You still do.

Without knowledge you will continue believing in Dante's Inferno. The punishment exists, no doubt. But you babble parables and visions men taught you, not what God gave us. No wonder people dislike religion because they can't understand how a loving God could relate to burning people for eternity. Teachers of iniquity.

"Put your hand over your stove top burner. Get back with us."

So, did ya?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
How many times can this passage be addressed before one is able to place it in a proper context?

We still await you telling us your view and SHOWING us from scripture so we can discuss it

Well, if one did not have a view that all translations are the work of sinners, or, if one bothered to look at the original languages because they do not trust translations, one might see that there is only ONE WAY and ONE NAME given among men whereby we must be saved, and that name is Jesus Christ...not our own.

not doubted by me that Jesus/Yeshua/whatever is the saviour of all mankind, it is you who doubts it, not me , but you have not addressed the question of how, which is answered in scripture
Christ died to free us from sin...because we did not have the power to do so ourselves.

now it would be interesting if you could find any support whatsoever for that in scripture , rather it says clearly we must depart from iniquity and keep ourselves from sinning:-

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.indeed it is hard to see how someone else can make the decision for one between Love and sin.... it is up to oneself
This is just basic.

so where in scripture is this supposedly basic saying... not anywhere !

That we can cease from sin apart from the snctification of God is demon doctrine.

well again no justification at all from any scripture... because there is none, quite the opposite ... the scripture makes it clear that the first step is water baptism which is our decision to depart from sinning, a personal commitment toward obeying Jesus and Loving folks, not abusing them with sin any more at all...

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We still await you telling us your view and SHOWING us from scripture so we can discuss it

not doubted by me that Jesus/Yeshua/whatever is the saviour of all mankind, it is you who doubts it, not me , but you have not addressed the question of how, which is answered in scripture

now it would be interesting if you could find any support whatsoever for that in scripture , rather it says clearly we must depart from iniquity and keep ourselves from sinning:-

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.indeed it is hard to see how someone else can make the decision for one between Love and sin.... it is up to oneself

so where in scripture is this supposedly basic saying... not anywhere !

well again no justification at all from any scripture... because there is none, quite the opposite ... the scripture makes it clear that the first step is water baptism which is our decision to depart from sinning, a personal commitment toward obeying Jesus and Loving folks, not abusing them with sin any more at all...

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Again strangertoo cites sinners following Satan.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Hillsage
MAT 25:46 And these shall go away to punishment age-during, but the righteous to life age-during.'
dollarbill; Same wording for eternal life. NEVER ending.

It's good that you see 'the truth'...eg. it's "the same wording". But it is sad that you don't fully apply 'the truth' that you see. "Age-during" is a consistent rendering throughout the translations I quote, whereas your translations only render it 'eternal/everlasting', most of the time. But then (the part you miss) those same "false pens" then purposely changed the translation OF THAT SAME GREEK WORD to "world", when it obviously referred to something which didn't support their "NEVER ending" false doctrine. But that's not new, scripture has warned us before that they are just doing what misled leaders have done before. Proving that "the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures."

Their indoctrinated translating simply has led to a sad doctrine. And nothing is harder to change than a doctrine that is historically wrong. Minds bound by tradition are simply never free to pursue 'the truth' wherever it leads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tell that to Satan. He believes and trembles.
No satan only medical illnessess.
Act 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No satan only medical illnessess.
Act 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

You're probably correct over me, my friend. We do know that Satan does know the Bible scriptures, as he posed them to Jesus. My take is that "Satan" is too "prideful and ignorant" to accept Jesus as son of God. My point is that the Bible does nothing to save people. It's what people do with what they gain in knowledge from the wisdom of the "Bible" that makes the difference. What you can do with what you read is like night and day without proper knowledge. As much as you study, you should know the differences one can get just out of one verse. :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.