USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Its not judgement, my mother goes both to an adventist church and a pentecostal one. I'm actually trying to help some fellow reader that can happen to read this, that being filled with the Holy spirit its the best a christian can get, and adventists don't seem to seek this like the disciples/pentecostals etc. Also i don't like how they base a lot of their doctrine in one person like Ellen White like she was some great miracle or something, give me lots of preachers through the ages and my bible please.

It seems like a judgement to me when you are making statements about a whole denomination that are not accurate. Maybe watch a few of the sermons before making statements because I am telling you, the church does focus on being filled with the Holy Spirit and tells us how. Many churches teach you can disobey God and still receive the Holy Spirit, but that is not what the bible teaches. The SDA teaches on all scripture. As a congregation for Sabbath school, they go through the entire bible every four years.

Also Adventist base their doctrine off the scriptures and not a person. If you were familiar with EW teachings, she tells us everything must be tested by scriptures, so I think you may have some misconceptions about the SDA church. Maybe you should attend with your mother! :)

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems like a judgement to me when you are making statements that are not accurate. Maybe watch a few of the sermons before making statement that are not true. The SDA teaches on all scripture. As a congregation for Sabbath school, they go through the entire bible every four years.

Also Adventist base their doctrine off the scriptures and not a person. If you were familiar with EW teachings, she tells us everything must be tested by scriptures, so I think you may have a many misconceptions about the SDA church. Maybe you should attend with your mother.

I said lots of their doctrine or interpretations come from Ellen white, not that they forgot about their bibles, and i am correct, also i can see with my own eyes here at least that they do not seek being filled like pentecostals, and i care about this because this is so important, im actually trying to help, i cannot get out of my body and enter other people minds, but if i could, i would show them my experiences that pentecostals at least in this aspect have it right, and its so important!!, but no one wants to get off of their horse right. By experience from God people wrote the bible, so this experience was so real to me that i too have to witness about being filled. Good day.

• Friendly
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I said lots of their doctrine or interpretations come from Ellen white, not that they forgot about their bibles, and i am correct, also i can see with my own eyes here at least that they do not seek being filled like pentecostals, and i care about this because this is so important, im actually trying to help, i cannot get out of my body and enter other people minds, but if i could, i would show them my experiences that pentecostals at least in this aspect have it right, and its so important!!, but no one wants to get off of their horse right. By experience from God people wrote the bible, so this experience was so real to me that i too have to witness that pentecostals in this aspect have it right. Good day.
No that is not correct. We do not need anyone to interpret what God wrote so clearly with His own hand. Here is our beliefs, What do Seventh Day Adventists Really Believe? | Adventist.org its publicly stated so no one has to guess. Your free to believe what you want or go to whatever church you wish, but the statements you are making about the SDA are not true and I already provided a link to hundreds of SDA sermons on the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No that is not correct. We do not need anyone to interpret what God wrote so clearly with His own hand. Here is our beliefs, What do Seventh Day Adventists Really Believe? | Adventist.org its publicly stated so no one has to guess. You free to believe what you want or go to whatever church you wish, but the statements you are making about the SDA are not true and I already provided a link to hundreds of SDA sermons on the Holy Spirit.

You are not understanding me what i said, adventists hold beliefs that are based of Ellen white this is true and don't be unfair telling its not, the bible can be interpreted differently by some people and adventists choose Ellen white interpretation of it. About the Holy spirit you are also not understanding, because they really don't believe in being filled like pentecostals do like i said, i know they care about the Holy spirit. But that was my point.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are not understanding me what i said, adventists hold beliefs that are based of Ellen white this is true and don't be unfair telling its not, the bible can be interpreted differently by some people and adventists choose Ellen white interpretation of it. About the Holy spirit you are also not understanding, because they really don't believe in being filled like pentecostals do like i said, i know they care about the Holy spirit. But that was my point.
I understand, but I disagree based on being a member of the SDA church and having personal experience in what the church teaches. If you read the 28 fundamental beliefs you would see our teachings comes directly from scriptures. Most posters here never or very rarely post anything from EW, everything is based on scriptures, (she refers us back to scriptures). The biggest one being God's 4th commandment that God personally wrote with His own hand. Does this really need interpretation from anyone? God wrote it so plainly even a 4th grader could understand!

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The SDA church is one of the few churches that still believes in all of God's Ten commandments that God personally wrote and is stored inside of the ark in the Most Holy of God's temple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
that is not actually true, I am not an Ellen White supporter, but they did not base the teaching on Ellen White. The were based on human beings studying the scripture. Ellen Whites role in the matter was to confirm through a testimony, vision from God, the validity of the doctrine. This teaching is correct, this one is incorrect. and there in lies the problem with SDAism, if you find the teaching to be in error you cannot correct it without invalidating Ellen White as a prophet. this is what happened in 1888, this happend with the king of the north and king of the south in daniel 10:40-45

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that is not actually true, I am not an Ellen White supporter, but they did not base the teaching on Ellen White. The were based on human beings studying the scripture. Ellen Whites role in the matter was to confirm through a testimony, vision from God, the validity of the doctrine. This teaching is correct, this one is incorrect. and there in lies the problem with SDAism, if you find the teaching to be in error you cannot correct it without invalidating Ellen White as a prophet. this is what happened in 1888, this happened with the king of the north and king of the south in daniel 10:40-45

This is the same problem I have with all churches I know of that were essentially founded by a 19th century prophet. If you want to go along with and join that church, have to believe in and put your faith in that prophet. It seems to be pretty much as essential as believing in Jesus.

You also have to conclude that God waited nearly 2,000 years to give someone a significant revelation Christianity had been lacking in all that time. Believe that God didn't give this revelation to Clement, or Ignatius, or Polycarp, or Justin Martyr, or Hermas, or Barnabas, or Papias etc., but instead God give it to a 19th century American prophet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ellen White is the one who changed the Sabbath from a day of rest to a day of worship.
No Ellen reminded us of what God wrote. EGW did not write God's commandments. God did.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doug Batchelor says Sunday worship is the Mark of the Beast. Walter J Veith Says the Catholic Church System is the Beast of Revelations. Although I admire Walter for standing up against the Illuminati Satanic \m/afia, the Octopus with many tenticals and exposing it, Doug Batchelor is Koo koo. It sounds more like a Cult.
Prove them wrong rather than talk trash about them.
Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am more concerned they do not teach about being filled with the Holy spirit actually, i can't stress enough how important is to ask God for this. Its life changing for a christian... believe me. And of course the bible supports this, I don't care about days of worship for me there is no day, since the bible tell us to not let anyone judge you about sabbaths, and that for some one day is important and for others all days alike, this is in plain language, i don't know how you can misinterpret this.
Yes they do.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Doug Batchelor says Sunday worship is the Mark of the Beast. Walter J Veith Says the Catholic Church System is the Beast of Revelations. Although I admire Walter for standing up against the Illuminati Satanic \m/afia, the Octopus with many tenticals and exposing it, Doug Batchelor is Koo koo. It sounds more like a Cult.

The mark of the beast is about worship. The mark of the beast has not been implemented yet because we can still choose and there is no mandatory National Sunday law yet.

If you look at Revelations it clearly tells us what the mark of the beast is about - worship

Revelations 13: 4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. 6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. 7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

Revelations 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” Where is this verse repeated from? God's 4th commandment that was changed by man. Exodus 20:8-11

8 And another angel followed, saying, “Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.”

9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

My guess you only watched part of the presentation and many have a hard time understanding what these scriptures are saying. The bible tells us end times and the mark of the beast is about WORSHIP. As predicted in Daniel, God's Sabbath day and one of His holy commandments that God keeps in His dwelling place in the Most Holy of His Tabernacle- was changed and it's the only commandment that is both a law (4th commandment) and time (every Saturday Sabbath) Daniel 7:25 God is telling us to come out of Babylon and worship Him who is the Creator of all things and uses the same verbiage as the 4th commandment. You can follow traditions that Jesus warned us about Matthew 15:3-9 or you can worship God on His Sabbath day Exodus 20:8-11, Isaiah 58:13 and follow God over man, which is what Revelations is speaking about before the second coming of our Savior.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No Ellen reminded us of what God wrote. EGW did not write God's commandments. God did.

Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

You are playing 'tricks' here, because you are saying what God wrote, in the EYES of Ellen White, because in my bible, i read that every day its the same or if some day is special to you make your mind about it yourself, and nobody judge me about sabbath days. We live in the new pact as christians.
Also the council of Jerusalem destroys this teaching about the sabbath, if sabbath keeping was so important they would have mentioned it there.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are playing 'tricks' here, because you are saying what God wrote, in the EYES of Ellen White, because in my bible, i read that every day its the same or if some day is special to you make your mind about it yourself, and nobody judge me about sabbath days. We live in the new pact as christians.
Also the council of Jerusalem destroys this teaching about the sabbath, if sabbath keeping was so important they would have mentioned it there.
God's Word is not tricks. I quoted scripture, not EW. God tells us to keep His Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:8 The only trick was the group who changed God's holy day without biblical authority that Jesus warned us about. Matthew 15:3-9. Your argument is not with me or EW, it with with our Creator because these are His commandments that God personally wrote. You should be able to find these and the other 170 + scriptures that reference God's holy Sabbath day in your own bible. That would be a trick if EW changed scriptures in everyone's bibles without anyone knowing. But they are God's Word and should we not obey God over man? Exodus 20:8-11, Genesis 2:1-3, Isaiah 58:13, Ezekiel 20:20, Ezekiel 20:12, Exodus 31:16, Mark 2:27.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's Word is not tricks. I quoted scripture, not EW. God tells us to keep His Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:8 The only trick was the group who changed God's holy day without biblical authority that Jesus warned us about. Matthew 15:3-9. Your argument is not with me or EW, it with with our Creator because these are His commandments that God personally wrote. You should be able to find these and the other 170 + scriptures that reference God's holy Sabbath day in your own bible. That would be a trick if EW changed scriptures in everyone's bibles without anyone knowing. But they are God's Word and should we not obey God over man? Exodus 20:8-11, Genesis 2:1-3, Isaiah 58:13, Ezekiel 20:20, Ezekiel 20:12, Exodus 31:16, Mark 2:27.

And what you say about what Paul wrote that i mentioned it? you are not following EW there? because really what the bible means, that everyone makes their mind about days, and nobody judge you about sabbaths? Adventist says that the sabbaths they do not need to keep are the 'festival' ones or whatever but that doesn't make any sense, it just says sabbaths there, if this was so important you think Paul would have mentioned it, but he just speaks against the need of keeping the sabbath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
sorry i have to interject here, While i disagree with Ellen White, and I don't like how some people approach this subject, you are incorrect about the Council of Jerusalem. Sabbath is not mentioned there because it was not the issue. The issue was what was the minimum standard needed to attend the synagogue. since the synagogue meets on Sabbath we assume they are still keeping the Sabbath. In fact acts 15 tells us that they are. is says "From Sabbath to Sabbath Moses is preached. Col 2 is about not letting Jews who attend the synagogue tell you, you are not reconciled back to Christ. The Christians were attending the Synagogue and the Jews were saying you are not reconciled back to Christ because you are not circumcised and you are not sacrificing. You are also not recieving all the blessings because you are not following the instructions properly, It is not a command to stop observing the sabbath.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sorry i have to interject here, While i disagree with Ellen White, and I don't like how some people approach this subject, you are incorrect about the Council of Jerusalem. Sabbath is not mentioned there because it was not the issue. The issue was what was the minimum standard needed to attend the synagogue. since the synagogue meets on Sabbath we assume they are still keeping the Sabbath. In fact acts 15 tells us that they are. is says "From Sabbath to Sabbath Moses is preached. Col 2 is about not letting Jews who attend the synagogue tell you, you are not reconciled back to Christ. The Christians were attending the Synagogue and the Jews were saying you are not reconciled back to Christ because you are not circumcised and you are not sacrificing. You are also not recieving all the blessings because you are not following the instructions properly, It is not a command to stop observing the sabbath.

The question was, what part of the law gentiles needed to keep. keyword i think here is KEEP.
And then the apostles teached further, even saying directly in plain text that you don't need to keep any special day, that is up to you.
I don't know how you can confuse this teaching of Paul, is so plain... also that nobody judge you about stuff like these, and some adventists go as far as tell you can go to hell if you don't keep the sabbath.

Here a text from a site i don't always agree with but i like this:

It is interesting that the issue the Jerusalem Council was dealing with is still very much an issue in the church today. There are groups still teaching that Christians must obey the Old Testament Law. Whether it is the Sabbath day or the food laws or all of the Old Testament Law outside of the sacrificial system—there are groups that declare observance of the Law is either required for salvation or at least a crucially important aspect of the Christian life. Sadly, these groups either completely ignore or grossly misinterpret the decision of the Jerusalem Council. The specific goal of the Jerusalem Council was to decide what aspects, if any, of the Old Testament Law Christians must observe. The Jerusalem Council, for the sake of melding the Jewish and Gentile cultures within the Antioch church, said that the Gentiles should eschew their former pagan practices associated with idolatry. There was no mention of the Sabbath whatsoever. Further, the Jerusalem Council made it abundantly clear that these rules were not requirements for salvation by reaffirming that salvation is by grace for both Jews and Gentiles (Acts 15:11). How many arguments would be solved if the church today would simply follow the principle set by the Jerusalem Council—limit your liberty for the sake of love?

here another from the same site i agree with:
Does God require Sabbath-keeping of Christians? | GotQuestions.org

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The question was, what part of the law gentiles needed to keep...
context would indicate yes, if you are going to the synagogue, it would automatically put you in a jewish context. so what is the basis of rejecting it. The councils tells them from "sabbath to sabbath Moses is read" what dose that mean, except that this is the minimum we will impose on you, cause you will get the rest when you go to the synagogue on the sabbath.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
context would indicate yes, if you are going to the synagogue, it would automatically put you in a jewish context. so what is the basis of rejecting it. The councils tells them from "sabbath to sabbath Moses is read" what dose that mean, except that this is the minimum we will impose on you, cause you will get the rest when you go to the synagogue on the sabbath.

I don't see it that way.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see how you can confuse this:

n Colossians 2:16-17, the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” Similarly, Romans 14:5 states, “One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.” These Scriptures make it clear that, for the Christian, Sabbath-keeping is a matter of spiritual freedom, not a command from God. Sabbath-keeping is an issue on which God’s Word instructs us not to judge each other. Sabbath-keeping is a matter about which each Christian needs to be fully convinced in his/her own mind.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.