Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I figured you'd focus circumcision instead of addressing my actual question.

What do you think was Paul talking about when he said:

under obligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace?

Is Paul saying being under obligation to keep the whole law (Galatians 5:3; James 2:10) is a good thing or a bad thing?

I addressed your question because the scripture is talking about circumcision is it not? Your question was what do I think of those scriptures. How did I not answer it when I gave a detailed scripture response proving that circumcision is a "shadow law" of a new heart by faith and not a requirement under the new covenant? I see you did avoid answering my question to you though in the post you are quoting from. Was there a reason for that? Your doing the exact same thing you accused me of doing that I did not do.

Under the obligation of keeping the whole law is in reference to all the old covenant laws for remission of sins that I have been talking to you about from the start tonight. All the laws of the Levitical Priesthood; all the laws for the animal sacrifices and sin offerings; all the laws for the Feast days; all the laws of circumcision (BTW these shadow laws are about 60% of the old covenant laws that are no longer a requirement under the new covenant). As posted earlier and shown in Hebrews 7 to Hebrews 10 these are all "shadow laws" fulfilled in Christ to who they point to and His ministration on our behalf in the heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man based on better promises *Hebrews 8:1-6.

We are in the new covenant now Brian not the old covenant.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟606,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I addressed your question because the scripture is talking about circumcision is it not? Your question was what do I think of those scriptures. How did I not answer it when I gave a detailed scripture response proving that circumcision is a "shadow law" of a new heart by faith and not a requirement under the new covenant?

This is my answer: When both James and Paul say the Whole Law (James 2:10; Galatians 5:3) they are talking about the whole complete law of 613 commandments. And furthermore, Paul is clearly saying if you are under obligation to keep the Whole Law, you have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.